Will the missing idle facial animations ever be fixed?

Kami Sama

7 minutes ago, Inugami said:

You may think it looks fine, Kohashi, but I can definitely see trademarks of the distortion in your characters eyes especially (However this may appear normal to you, and that's fully understandable if you've either never seen the correct animations or didn't notice them before). Characters eyes will glance to the side still, but the set of the pupils is not correct and the outer lids tend to distort, as if the character is "trying" to make an expression, but the frames glitch. How old is your screenshot? Many characters can look "fine" (My warlock looks fine when he isn't standing in spots that make his eyes mess up, for example) but the animations are still missing and people don't notice that they are, especially if the character was made after this glitch. 

If you look at your character in the wardrobe preview, you will see the animations that should be there. Does your character cycle through those animations or only some occassional glancing to the side and movement?

Hmm I see what you mean, he does it less now but he still frowns and blinks. Also his eyes do not look distorted to me to be honest. His lids seem to be in the right place and so does his pupil. Some chars do look a bit crossed eyed but not mine.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he was made after the glitch started, he probably won't look as off as many of the characters made before do (In that particular screen shot you posted however I can see one eye going larger than the other as he tries to make an expression, and this was something that generally didn't happen before)

It's also like this in Taiwan, Kr has done something (or it could be Taiwan since we're using their client) and passed it on to us. So whenever Taiwan fixes the problem we're screwed.

18 hours ago, Kohashi said:

Hmm I see what you mean, he does it less now but he still frowns and blinks. Also his eyes do not look distorted to me to be honest. His lids seem to be in the right place and so does his pupil. Some chars do look a bit crossed eyed but not mine.

My guess is in your screenshot, you caught your character during one of the full body idle animations which is the only time the face animates as well, aside from the eyes moving to follow you if you zoom in

Also noticed this... we really need word on whats up with this. our friends list is broken with no mention, features disabled and animations missing from idle poses! -__- how much more shafted is bns na going to get lol the game is years old and we have the worse running & buggies build of all time.

2 minutes ago, johnlocke said:

*Snip*

Ahh, I expected someone to waltz into this thread and post something like this.

Look, everyone has something in game that they appreciate, whether it be in game aesthetics, gear, PVP, or what have you.

There are already a few hundred threads detailing every other issue present in B&S. This is also an issue, whether you like it or not. Regardless of whatever level of importance you choose to give it.

I'm not belittling you for the things you feel are important in the game, whatever they may be, so I suggest you spend your energy focusing on those issues rather than trying to invalidate this one.

2 hours ago, johnlocke said:

SIP

There is other more important issues, but those issues will probably take a lot more work to fix than this one.
Getting this fixed might be as simple as the devs actually realizing it's an issue in the first place and then fixing a couple lines of code.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Other than the PvP, the big selling point of this game is the aesthetics.
Compared to other games, blade and souls character creator is one of the better ones. Some people spend hours upon hours trying to make their characters look just the way they want (some spending real money on appearance changes multiple times), and for anyone who spent a lot of time working on their characters appearance just to see all of that work broken by this issue, it's frustrating.

Also, a lot of people like to take screenshots of their characters in different settings that they find look awesome or beautiful, and having blank faced characters really distracts from the immersion people try to capture with those screenshots.

5 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Thank you so much for your reports and taking the time to submit videos and screenshots of your concerns. We have forwarded the issue along to the team for investigation.

Thank you Rukkirii for the response! This is a really important issue for many of us, so finally getting support from our community manager is much appreciated =)

8 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Thank you so much for your reports and taking the time to submit videos and screenshots of your concerns. We have forwarded the issue along to the team for investigation.

Nice to know - thank you! :)

Pardon the quality, but here's another gif showing a comparison between the wardrobe animations vs in-world animations. You can tell that the eyebrows, eyes, pupils, and mouth all move and aren't static (how it used to be), versus how it looks in the world. @Rukkirii

Az2KnSL.gif

3 minutes ago, Zeffyr said:

Pardon the quality, but here's another gif showing a comparison between the wardrobe animations vs in-world animations. You can tell that the eyebrows, eyes, pupils, and mouth all move and aren't static (how it used to be), versus how it looks in the world. @Rukkirii

Az2KnSL.gif

Ayyy I partied with you recently on my warlock and told you I loved your character design! <3 =D hahaha

Thank you for posting the wardrobe side by side comparison! It shows the difference 100% clearly.

Reset all tabs of your settings and it will fix the problem. This happens when you use ctrl+f and optimize for combat too often. Toggling these on disables a number of settings, and toggling the option off does not turn everything it disabled back on. 

10 minutes ago, QueenSheba said:

Reset all tabs of your settings and it will fix the problem. This happens when you use ctrl+f and optimize for combat too often. Toggling these on disables a number of settings, and toggling the option off does not turn everything it disabled back on. 

I have never optimized for combat. I have also never changed my graphics setting at all since release.
I tried what you suggested anyway though, and the problem remains the same. This is a server file issue and not something on our end.

3 minutes ago, mini55 said:

They get drowsy, eyes droop,  go closed etc.

Occassoinally on the summoners, yes.  However the rest of the animations are still broken on both the summoners and every other character in game. There is still some -minimal- blinking and emoting present but the complete animation cycle is not there. I am certain those who think they are fine are mistaking the broken animations for the right ones, when they are not. If you do have the correct animations appearing in game, or think you do, please post a gif or video of your character and we will be able to tell if missing frames are present.

4 minutes ago, Inugami said:

Occassoinally on the summoners, yes.  However the rest of the animations are still broken on both the summoners and every other character in game. There is still some -minimal- blinking and emoting present but the complete animation cycle is not there. I am certain those who think they are fine are mistaking the broken animations for the right ones, when they are not. If you do have the correct animations appearing in game, or think you do, please post a gif or video of your character and we will be able to tell if missing frames are present.

(continuing from what Inugami said)
For example, my Jin will stare blankly into space with absolutely no eye or facial muscle movement. Eventually he will go into the animation where they turn side to side, looking around and pouting. As soon as that animation ends though, he goes back to being stone-faced and frozen. Every class/race has their animation cycle that will activate on and off like on a timer. But it's the face animations that are missing when the character is idle.

Again, look at your wardrobe. Determine if your character's face is doing the same thing as what you see in the wardrobe. You will notice it's not there. This is what we're talking about.

1 hour ago, Zeffyr said:

Az2KnSL.gif

8 hours ago, QueenSheba said:

Sorry, but we aren´t talking about the standard facial animations that are in the game right now.

Look in character select screen, zoom closer. There, my char´s pupils are moving and even adjusting, eyelids are opening and closing, mouth area has little movements which bring the face to life. These little extras are missing in the game currently, there are animations, but they are reduced. I am playing with all settings maxed plus enhanced (with SSAA on my oc´ed  6700k and oc´ed 970). It´s not that.

Sometimes, it´s the little details that matter and i feel in BnS it´s the character detail which ads a lot to the immersion of the game. ;)

18 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Rukkirii you rock!! Thank you so much!

Archived