so how exactly are you supposed to progress now

Josh1735

started a new character with a friend got to blackram narrows i cant get my weapon because its all lvl 50 HM10 farming for costumes running straight through to 1 shot the bosses leaving us the people without 60000 hp to die to the swarm

even if we try to run through with them to the final boss its 12000 sprint distance vs 15000 we cant keep up

how the *cricket* are you supposed to progress

Technically we were just doing the challenge, not so much farming for the costumes - just sayin'.

It all depends on luck, there are always those wo are considerate of their minors and those who just rush through the content. Today, when doing it myself we waited at each boss for the three "Low-Levels" to come, I even cleared mobs which could lead to intermediate state!

love

Run ahead, do not try to fight. That's what I do. Blackram might be hard, but by ToE it all evens out. I just hit level 38, so I have seen it up-close and personal. Your priority is to run through, not fight the battles. If both your friend and yourself have a high level alt, you could take turns guiding one another.

On Jiwan, I was willing to help, but I saw your problem, as people wouldn't wait for others to even get in the dungeon to begin with.  The faster loader would then be at the final big boss as the last was entering :p

I thought it shameful.  They could have just soloed it if they were going to do that.

Not sure how viable this method is for lower lvl dungeons, but alternatively you can create your own grp and then you can kick/accept only the players you wish to join your pt while still in the x-server LFP screen.

The daily challenge has pretty much ruined the game for anyone that isn't already in the top tier of equipment. Bringing people of the highest levels to the lowest level areas without forcing them to make sure the people that need things from those lower level dungeons can finish the dungeons and get them is jsut the pinnacle of failed game design in the interest or adding more rewards to the game. It should be removed yesterday, or tailored so that the daily challenge meets the level of the player so that level 50 isn't in a dungeon made for level 19 characters.

It really is the lense that lets you perfectly view the intent of this flawed games philosophy, Rush and Grind. Because not every class uses a bldae, and none of the makers or distributors of the game seem to even know what a soul is as they lack one.

I don't understand why they put Blackram Narrow in the list of daily challenges if only level 50s get the daily. In my opinion, Tomb of Exiles shouldn't even be included in the challenges. As a low geared level 50, Blackram Supply Chain runs on challenge days were mostly trying to catch others in the sprint for me. That's how over-geared the groups are.

I think the level 50 daily challenges should only include the blue Silverfrost dungeons and above, plus the 3 purple 45 ones. Even for the 24 man instances, you just get more people waiting at the last boss, while others running around and killing the mini bosses.

The power gap of the level 50s to others is jsut so emense and the over competitive nature of how people are playing this game rally... You hit the nail on the head. They should do something like put faction dailies into the Daily Challenge since they are just creating competition and slowing growth wich will further decline the playbse.

IF they really wanted to help lower levels or something, which we know that isnt the reason for the lower level EZ mode dungeons being in the daily challenge, they would make them the world boss dailies. Things payers still need, that might attract a few players so more things can get done. Its funny how Lycn is dead Only bots are there as they try to get enough essense to get the qeapon and the rest they probably just sell on the market.

They should jsut make something for all levels and make it so that if you do ALL 40 of the available 40 dailies max, then you get a rward and let peope go where they should be rathr than destroying the game further by ruining it for lower level alts, new players, etc. But getting a bonus reward for doing all 40 dailis of the ax would be too eay to think about.

It is jsut more reward the toxic rusher playstyle and promoting that has drove so many people off. All due to needless grind because the weapon and level progression system is flawed. It is like they didnt even try to play the game when they made it and just suck everything in arbitrarily with no knowledge of if it worked or not. Hint: When you forums are filled with complaints about the game, it aint working!

The problem is the rush play style.. The fact that not everyone having philosophy of "No men's left behind" disturb me.  I myself feels fine with the low lvl dg in daily although openworld daily such as MM is  a bit of concern 

Maybe this game can use for some sort of "MP_freezetime" where players can only move after all other players got loaded in.  There we may have solution for over eager party.

The people left trying to give criticisms are about the only people left in the game.

The rush is a big problem, and that is on the player end that NCSoft promotes and supports, the other is on the delay end.

I am currently done with the story, the only way to upgrade gear to move on to new gear is to do Mushin's Tower for the warrior Tokens, and I ave no room in my INV.

A game should not do this to a player. Sure I could log in for the daily dash, wait; it ended, it isn't cycling around to let people do it again, it just stops. Daily Challenge. all out of my league I barely have pirate gear and I am HM 5.

When you get to a point where the only way to progress is doing the same 1 thing over and over and anything else you do gives you nothing useful except passing the time waiting for a daily to reset to get more materials to upgrade, or just to make you forget for a minute, then it is WORSE than the rushing. At least in the rushing you can try to keep up until those idiots kill you with a firewall. But when you get stuck in a solo place for 1 thing and everything needs it to be able to get stronger to handle later content, then what can you do. I guess I will be waiting 3 more weeks until the daily dash resets before logging in to see about getting more things there because I can't take the monotonous boredom of Mushin's Tower anymore. Naryu Lab is too long as well and just annoying to get this 1 material from as nothing else has any use to me at all there.

not sure about your freezetime thing, but if they had it where people couldn't leave others behind and force a party mechanic of WORKING TOGETHER, they it would do a lot to improve the game. Then even older dungeons wouldnt have people tossed to the side with this stupid daily challenge that has been making higher level players rush through and ruin the quests for lower levels that actually need things from the dungeon. It is just disgusting really, and aside from being able to get those warrior Tokens from only 2 places that are boring and monotonous where you are just going through the motions and dont care anymore, the players make it even worse.

If the game actually offered something for people to enjoy like it did prior to Silverfrost, these daily challenges, etc; that people could do and enjoy, but the grind gets worse and worse. Like people have said, new players cant even get gear, and this must be a known factor because the Soul Fighter starts able to be level 45 right away with profane weapon, the game makers know the new player growth is 0 otherwise people would be farming Profane Jiangshi more often. but there is no reason to after you struggle to get your weapon from the RNG, you want nothing more to do with it!

It is very sad how such great environments are wasted by the poor game placed in them. There is so much more than can be done in this wonderful world, but the "grind" kills it because there is just too much needed to progress in the game, and the story is a joke as far as gear is concerned because you can complete everything available with profane weapon and infernal accessories/SS.

I don't know how so many things coming out of Asia have a good stat, then jump the shark so badly that it leaves you not even caring half way through. It is like all Asians give up halfway to the end when making something that is why so many anime never get finished (Bleach, Inuyasha, etc) and so many stories fall plat. If it ended without a final resolution like say Hunter x Hunter and many of those, then fine, but going half-cricket-ed just to get from a certain point to the end, makes no sense; and BnS does just that. Starts strong, then just drops the ball. They got lost on their own one-way railroad and just starting shoving things in to have more things.

What they need to do at NA/EU BnS is to STOP promoting this rush and compete attitude and they will have a lot more longevity in their game if people can do something without having mental repetitive stress syndrome from the same "dungeon" 5000 times in a row. If there is a loot auction, stop and heal and wait and discuss tactics. Don't let Youtube play the game for you and you jsut copy something from their, work with the other players, or leave the party and solo the thing.

If they were going to put low level dungeons in the daily challenge, then daily challenge should have been made available to low level characters.

Level 20-35

Blackram Narrows and all green dungeons up to level 36

Level 36-44

Forgotten Tomb, Raptor Nest?, Tomb of Exiles, all green dungeons up to lvl 45

Level 45-50 HM1

Blue Moonwater dungeons, Poh/BSH6, Blue Silverfrost dungeons

Asura should only be required for HM5+ IMO, even I don't enjoy doing it as an HM8 (Not that I have trouble with it, I just don't find it fun to do over and over)

I'm all for nuking Blackram Narrows and Tomb from the challenge list as it is now. I'd rather queue for something more rewarding, though I don't mind helping lowbies.

17 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

nuking Blackram Narrows and Tomb from the challenge list as it is now. I'd rather queue for something more rewarding, though I don't mind helping lowbies.

The problem is a majority of the players dont seem interested in helping anyone other than themselves. I can see Narrows for the under 4 secs, but you shouldnt LFP for that. Really if it is a challenge these lower level dungeons should have to be solo'd because if a level 50 that can do the challenge, can't solo Blackram or Tomb of Exiles, they shouldnt buy their character off eBay and should learn to play the game.

That would allow for the lower level dungeons in the challenge, and prevent higher level characters from screwing over lower level characters. Those really wanting to help lower levels in those dungeons can just run it without doing the quest for the daily, then go solo it for the daily challenge.

3 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

Those really wanting to help lower levels in those dungeons can just run it without doing the quest for the daily, then go solo it for the daily challenge.

i like this playstyle X3 really shows how noble you are to those low level players :3 Maybe they'll return the favor by not killing you at Misty (but their guildmates or other player in the area might think otherwise)..

I have tried to carry parties before but only a few wait in Narrows at the last portal because if the cut scene triggers before i go through it, the game crashes. and i have no problem killing EVERYTHING leaving all the drops for others as i go through the dungeon at 50 HM 5 cause every kill gets me closer to 1000. The problem is even the lower levels have the bad meta and toxic playstyle of rushing. FailFish

I have a list of all those stupid dungeons you have to do for outfits or gear upgrades and before i got burned out havin to do Mushin's and only mushins to upgrade my gear would just randomly carry people through any of them like Naryu Tomb, Forgotten Tomb, Rookery, Darkglimpse, anything that wasnt e Fleet and Bloodshade. But that wasnt enough and had to take a break cause Mushins was boring me to death.

I think what might be a thing to do to prevent boredom is to chase down soul fighter weapons that are dropping and have them ready to sale on the market for anyone that starts at level 1

13 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

I h

I think what might be a thing to do to prevent boredom is to chase down soul fighter weapons that are dropping and have them ready to sale on the market for anyone that starts at level 1

Looks to me like a good chance to farm Croak's king for Imperator soul fighter weapon :3

As the higher level doing my daily Tomb of Exiles for the 2 soulstones, I have noticed that sometimes it is the other low level people that have no patience and are killing the other players.  So yes, I do see the higher level toons running thru, but I also see the lower level ones doing the same thing.

If I am the higher level one in the run, I try to kill everything on the way, and not skip mobs.  I also stop at points and wait for the other players to finish bidding on loot and catch up.

2 minutes ago, Thorvin said:

As the higher level doing my daily Tomb of Exiles for the 2 soulstones, I have noticed that sometimes it is the other low level people that have no patience and are killing the other players.  So yes, I do see the higher level toons running thru, but I also see the lower level ones doing the same thing.

If I am the higher level one in the run, I try to kill everything on the way, and not skip mobs.  I also stop at points and wait for the other players to finish bidding on loot and catch up.

Yes.. Over eager habit begin early.. i recalled my friend complaining about it as well.. some Lv 39  busted through narrows.. but then got killed by mini boss.

20 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

I have tried to carry parties before but only a few wait in Narrows at the last portal because if the cut scene triggers before i go through it, the game crashes. and i have no problem killing EVERYTHING leaving all the drops for others as i go through the dungeon at 50 HM 5 cause every kill gets me closer to 1000. The problem is even the lower levels have the bad meta and toxic playstyle of rushing. FailFish

You're seeing party Griller in the making :3 i really wish that those snot got grilled somewhere so they can really think about "No man left behind"

Archived