Why I don't think Blade and Soul is pay2win.

Koter

Just now, BlackPhoenix88 said:

I have a simple question to all the people who say, this is not Pay2Win

Your argument is always: Yeah, the cashers normally dont have the time to play that much, so they spend money.

Then why the hell do they spend 100 and 1000 of $/€ to get legendary? Why dont they just spent a small amount of money so they be like a litte bit ahead of the curve?

F2P and even Nolifers have to farm everything, so are the cashers like: *cricket* the farm, let the plebs farm and i buy everything just with money?

because the way they spend money is their business. like it is your business to decide how much time you spend playing/day.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a simple question to all the people who say, this is not Pay2Win

Your argument is always: Yeah, the cashers normally dont have the time to play that much, so they spend money.

Then why the hell do they spend 100 and 1000 of $/€ to get legendary? Why dont they just spent a small amount of money so they be like a litte bit ahead of the curve?

F2P and even Nolifers have to farm everything, so are the cashers like: *cricket* the farm, let the plebs farm and i buy everything just with money?

because the way they spend money is their business. like it is your business to decide how much time you spend playing/day.

that doesnt answer the "why".

if you answer it that way, then i could ask them: why they play a game where you need to farm, if they dont want to farm?

Because there is no convenient option to reduce the grind to acceptable level for an easy monthly payment, aka sub. I'd love to pay for catching up. I started the game late, I don't have much time, and I don't need 600+ AP. I just want to be in the 500 something range where I can participate in the content meaningfully. But this means paying on the black market, the risk I won't take, because the sub is just pointless (I've tried 1 month).

I chose BnS, because no other game is appealing to me. I like a MMO with a story, and non-Tab/non-40+ abilities combat in an exotic setting. BnS fit the bill in all aspects but one... I have a couple of hours a day to play... not 4+. I am also not a big fun of running more than one or two dungeons a day.

@DomiSotto

Thats a reasonable answer, why to spend SOME money ... to catch up. Im totally fine with that.

But i want an answer, why you should be able to buy straight endgame gear.

The people always say ... bla bla 500 AP is enough for every dungeon. So why are they defending the possibility to buy endgame gear.

In my opinion this is company greed as well as player greed. Nothing to defend here. 

Because gearing in this game is badly designed, gates content, and gives immediate and significant advantages over other players.

Because as of now, NC Soft does not provide a way to pay to progress faster to NC Soft, it makes you support bots, hackers and those very players that are derisive towards you because you are not up to their gaming standard.

49 minutes ago, BlackPhoenix88 said:

that doesnt answer the "why".

if you answer it that way, then i could ask them: why they play a game where you need to farm, if they dont want to farm?

maybe, because they want to farm end game content only with no grind involved. maybe they are expert players that want to gear fast for future content whjich need tons of effort.

or simply they dont want to farm materials but go straight for OWPVP. endless reasons.

ask some of them maybe better answer. im just guessing.

2 hours ago, Kaid said:

You've denied all facts.

Sorry but we can't help you with denial issue.

Wrong yet again. I countered one of your points by saying it's flat out wrong and adding one you and everyone calling things in this game P2W fail hard to consider. Do not think for one moment you argued any better than the rest because you haven't.

You are in no place to call anyone out for being in denial when you are in it yourself. Pot calling kettle black, keep that shit out of this if you got nothing else.

It's amusing, hearing everyone playing this game arguing about whether the game is Pay 2 Win Or Pay 2 Progress or Pay for Convenience or whatever you want to call it. Like they're not all terrible and basically different degrees of the same concept. So, okay, the game's not Pay 2 Win, it's Pay 2 Progress Faster. It's still shitty, and the type of people who won't enjoy a game that's Pay 2 Win aren't going to likely care for a game that's Pay 2 Progress Faster either.

A lot of the people on this forum argue like proving to the rest of the community that the game is -just- Pay 2 Progress Faster will be some sort of great victory.

tl;dr Pay 2 Progress Faster is also shit. Stop arguing for it.

29 minutes ago, NewBeginning said:

It's amusing, hearing everyone playing this game arguing about whether the game is Pay 2 Win Or Pay 2 Progress or Pay for Convenience or whatever you want to call it. Like they're not all terrible and basically different degrees of the same concept. So, okay, the game's not Pay 2 Win, it's Pay 2 Progress Faster. It's still shitty, and the type of people who won't enjoy a game that's Pay 2 Win aren't going to likely care for a game that's Pay 2 Progress Faster either.

A lot of the people on this forum argue like proving to the rest of the community that the game is -just- Pay 2 Progress Faster will be some sort of great victory.

tl;dr Pay 2 Progress Faster is also shit. Stop arguing for it.

so the moral of the story is?

do you think ncsoft emploiers eat air to survive ?

RNG boxes were for casual players... But then the cash cows who play 6+ hours a day forked over a bunch of cash and got gear way faster than a normal player would. The main problem to me is that there are so many players spending loads of cash on the game, who now have 650+ AP which is just overkill... You can't even do Whirlwind Valley because there are people who could kill me in 2 hits.

Archived