Not gaining exp?

I'm still pretty new to this game, and I'm not sure if I'm not doing something right or what, but I'm no longer gaining experience through combat anymore. The only way I'm able to gain any experience is through completing quests. It was working fine a few days ago. I noticed yesterday that I wasn't getting any experience after defeating things in combat. It's not showing up in the chat bar like it was or should be, however it shows that I gained exp after completing quests. I've checked the tabs and found nothing. The bar at the bottom doesn't even move either. Has anyone else has or had this issue before?

Quests will always give you a fixed amount of XP no matter the level. If it comes to combat you ust be no higher than 2 levels that the mob you killing to get any XP. The bigger the gap in levels between the mobs and you the less XP you are getting, down to 0 XP (same with coin drops from mobs if you are premium). This game pretty much forces you to move forward with story and zones so staying in one zone for a long time has no point unless you are trying to get some items for achievements and such. 

Even if you are not premium story alone should easily get you to required levels for each zone and if you also do all side quests it should be more than enough.

Archived