PvE is laughable.

ProvaSin

Endless grind for little improvement (if you are a legit/ non paying player of course)

I am in Awakened Scorpio weapon and evolving to True scorpio Is like 2000g of mats and 100g of upgrading fees to gain 21 Attack Power.

Upgrading jewerly on par with weapon is even more unthinkable because of stupid rng stuff like Naryu Tablets which literally force you to no-life inside dungeons or take ages to gather them.

So you either ignore one of the two or just delay everything.

It would have been ok if ncsoft actually gave people enough time to gear up for their patches, but considering how fast they are rushing new content that's just plain unfair and retarded for legit players.

Dungeons are stupidly easy, most of the mechanics are cheeseable and pose some kind of challenge only if you makes things harder for yourself.I am Sin and have been farming asura 4 as 3 man party since the patch hit, me and two friends: a blade master and a summoner.

Only a couple of tries were hard just because we had almost zero clue about mechanics.

So even with me being melee dps and without a Warlock/Forcemaster it turned out to be no problem at all.

That's the "hardest PvE content" for you lel, and at least I am required to dodge the boss aoes and to be knowledgeable about their combat animations, I can only imagine how retarded it must be with a ranged dps.

And I don't even have resist belt.

Playing melee over ranged has no benefits.

I have yet to see a boss which punish ranged classes or force them to go melee if there is a competent tank. There are just no downsides for playing certain characters.

Faction bosses are idiotic and you usually have to rely to macros/better gear to compensate the difference in dps.

Example:

Grindtooth. The boss itself is stupid as **** since he doesn't do anything more than casting aoe after having charged a bunch of times.

But the charge... oh that charge is like spitting in the face of melees.

I have around 600 ap and yet sometimes I failed getting the loot if the channel was highly populated because I got electrocuted once or twice by the aoe and lost dps.

I guess it must be a pleasure for undergeared classes which are weaker than sin dps wise and are melees :)

I won't even talk about Terrors.

Solo farming certain lvl 45 mats is more rewarding than lvl 50 dungs

p2w event and boxes.

Obvious cheaters not getting banned.

It is more a general issue but considering how grindy PvE is and how many time it takes to do it legitimately it just adds fuel to the fire.

When silverfrost patch was released someone was already in scorpio after a day, and a day after Sogun Lament's patch there were already legendary weapons lvl3 around.

Yeah. Seems legit.

But what amazed me the most was the max lvl Hongmoon Souls right after lvl 50 patch.

I mean... seriously? Spending thousands of gold to upgrade this thing from lvl 1 to 5 for a mere 8 power means you can literaly throw golds down the drain and still

have enough to max all the remaining gear.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a reason this game was billed as a pvp game.

However, I like the pve in this game if you desire to make it more challenging you only need to press F8 and carry your friendly 320 ap summoner and 380 ap Destro bot (yes they queue for these) through Asura 4 man. 

Just now, KatHead said:

There is a reason this game was billed as a pvp game.

However, I like the pve in this game if you desire to make it more challenging you only need to press F8 and carry your friendly 320 ap summoner and 380 ap Destro bot (yes they queue for these) through Asura 4 man. 

Let's put it like this.

My post didn't intend to be disrespectful to anyone not having the gear requisites for attempting asura or to the people which may find it hard, but putting all the difficulty in the grind and almost zero in the dungeons themselves is crap imo.

Make them a little harder and much more rewarding. What we have now is easy endgame content which is barely rewarding so you have to run it hundred of times.

And nope, it won't be a PvP game apparently in our version =)

5 minutes ago, ProvaSin said:

Let's put it like this.

My post didn't intend to be disrespectful to anyone not having the gear requisites for attempting asura or to the people which may find it hard, but putting all the difficulty in the grind and almost zero in the dungeons themselves is crap imo.

Make them a little harder and much more rewarding. What we have now is easy endgame content which is barely rewarding so you have to run it hundred of times.

And nope, it won't be a PvP game apparently in our version =)

Our version is certainly struggling on all fronts and you may be correct, they may have already killed pvp for good.

Really, F8 sometime and just watch some of the stuff these people playing this game do. It is hysterical at times and other times a wee bit depressing. I really do not think the pug community can handle more complex dungeons at the minute, queue for a Yeti 6 man and just watch how players ignore all mechanics and then call each other noobs when they fail.

I saw a 550 ap destroyer just stand in the circle of fire around asura, ani canceling away until he died. Never tried to ss or use his iframe to escape. Just stood there ani canceling, oblivious to the HUGE cirlce of fire he was standing in. He then proceeds to question our summoner about heals, the response was hilarious but not suitable for the forums. 

Least you can do those stuffs, I can't even.. considering with ssp/etc populated stuffs, I freeze up for 20s missing on the needed dps and during dun, I load too slow/sometimes have a delay where I end up messing my Iframes and skill rotations. I liked yeti and etc though since they don't have those damn portals like poh,nsh after each boss.

So for now, I'm just logging to afk,  gear or make alts until I get a better comp. (I know it isnt Internet since it's fast as ff). But by the time I get a new comp, I wonder if a better game would come out.. since I basically just play "dress up" on my chars or do daily.

idk why you flame OP, he is flagrantly right in everything he said.

I heard from ppl for example saying that "for one time ranged are being promoted in a game" pls...... being melee is ALWAYS much harder and risky to play, in this game being ranged is such a faceroll you can basically ignore most of boss aoes, you have best dps or burst ingame and the count just goes on and on.

And everything else he said like the grindfest, laughable pve, p2w events, bots and hackers unpunished when they are more than obvious, etc etc etc... its all true!! Can't agree more honestly

10 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

Yeah, idk OP, you came off condescending in ur post. All I got was "I have a huge Internet p33n and now let me post about it". This was sad to read.

Nope, actually i'm quite sympathizing with the problems the more casual players are having. Except for the point regarding difficulty of dungeons, which is undeniable for almost all instances since if you have farmed them enough times they become so stupid to the point they are nauseating, the problems I am criticizing are affecting casual/non hardcore players the most and solving these problems would help them far more than me.

And why would I boast about my epeen since I quitted the game already? Just telling you the bad experience I had with the game trying to play PvE hardcore but fair.

Just now, Tsunakai said:

It's not fair NCSoft, how dare you give melees twice the number of defensive skills as ranged and expect them to use them!

ngl, tbh proof that melee arnt wanted is in the pudding, nobody wants a Melee char.

I Queue Awakened Necro 6 man as a 422 Melee, and get hated talked down to demanded to leave and if I didn't everyone else Left.

I queued Awakened NEcro 6 man as a 393 Ranged and Nobody have a problem with it.

Ranged Not only are accepted with Less AP Level by A lot of players but overall lare preferred as 1) Players feel more secure trusting Range due to the Easier Jobs of Avoidence and 2) Provide More DPS In combat Because Melee have to use those Said Defensive Skills meaning less Offensive Uptime unlike Ranged.

if the ranged are dumb it makes little difference.

If a high AP ranged player pulls aggro on yura outside of 10m, they dead, ranged advantages go out the window.

I stay within about 6m of yura at all times, meaning im pretty much in melee range. Oh and I have aggro, so i'm the primary target of her attacks. please talk more about ranged privilage.

17 minutes ago, Tsunakai said:

If a high AP ranged player pulls aggro on yura outside of 10m, they dead, ranged advantages go out the window.

I stay within about 6m of yura at all times, meaning im pretty much in melee range. Oh and I have aggro, so i'm the primary target of her attacks. please talk more about ranged privilage.

I'll just give you a simple example:

We used to do Gen and Ken of Sogun mobbed togheter to make it easier and honestly I don't think there is another way to do this boss fight as 3, still they do a s***load of damage when they spin and with their basic attacks in general.

I as an assassin need to pay attention to the animation of both of them at same time to iframe/get away because one hit from the spin would leave me with less then half hp when they are buffed and I can only hit one of them at a time and have to anticipate the fourth stack of gold/silver buff because the aoe is pretty large so just walking 3 meters away won't do.
Think of the same situation for a ranged char, if you are the only ranged you will have to kite the puddles and the fourth stack of their Golden/Silver buff but that's literaly the only thing you have to watch out for, and you can do it just by walking away.

If there is another ranged to kite the puddles you can just sit there the whole fight and damage them both while they are stacked.

That way is slightly harder for melees but like supereasy for ranged chars.

Tell me if this isn't the definition of facerolling a boss.

As I said before, "with a competent tank".  you can't take the fact you have aggro in cross server runs as a downside of ranged chars lol.

1 hour ago, RavTH said:

The secret to these "rich/pro players" is simple...
There are some high levels and own bots and the y use them to gain benefits for their mains...
--
How can people get to Legend Wep just when the update was done like wtf o-o

They do it by spending 1000s of dollars  on a video game lol. Its kind of ridiculous but w/e they fund the game to keep going and i dont have to pay anything lol

10 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

They do it by spending 1000s of dollars  on a video game lol. Its kind of ridiculous but w/e they fund the game to keep going and i dont have to pay anything lol

Trust me, if there are illegal ways to obtain better gear without spending money, and such ways exist, people are going to use them before spending a sh.itton of real cash.

Or if they don't and just spend money for gold they would rather buy from gold seller companies than funding the game, since the prices are usually much more convenient.

8 minutes ago, ProvaSin said:

Trust me, if there are illegal ways to obtain better gear without spending money, and such ways exist, people are going to use them before spending a sh.itton of real cash.

Or if they don't and just spend money for gold they would rather buy from gold seller companies than funding the game, since the prices are usually much more convenient.

Not saying there arent illegal ways lol. I just know for a fact there are rich gifted people with disposable income & no self control.

On 5/12/2016 at 3:14 AM, Negaimu said:

Not saying there arent illegal ways lol. I just know for a fact there are rich gifted people with disposable income & no self control.

I will agree on that.
---
I remember I saw something similar like that on reddit...

==Rich Kid 7yr old==

• 7yr old: mom dad I want xbox!
    parents: yes
  • 7yr old: mom dad I want call of duty
  • 7yr old: mom dad I a lot of money on game
    (The rich parents these days will do anything to make their child happy...)
  • We're F*CKED

On 5/11/2016 at 6:46 PM, ProvaSin said:

OMG OP! You're so good at everything. Better go find a mirror so you can continue your self-worship. Cuz this place isn't even worthy of your presence anymore. That, and because there's not enough room to fit your ego in here.... Because the two of you are inseparable.

On 12.05.2016 at 3:07 AM, Tsunakai said:

It's not fair NCSoft, how dare you give melees twice the number of defensive skills as ranged and expect them to use them!

LOL. Melees can have 10x block/evasion skills as ranged and it will still only punish them in places like SSP (where most serious attacks from bosses are unblockable anyway). So what if I could block 100% of boss attacks if I wont get ANY reward for doing so. Might as well stand in base camp watching other ppl killing it. Add to it 2x less damage done and you have one fcked melee.

On 12-5-2016 at 3:09 AM, Tsunakai said:

Yes yes, we all know you Ranged gotta prove to us Melee's how hard your life is and how hard you have it whatnot to pull of max dps etc .....

Its like that time i was playing my FM over my KFM with 150 less ap on the FM and it felt like the same, except i didnt have to pay attention to what i was doing, i didnt have to ani-cancel, i didnt have to charge mobs, i didnt have to block, i didnt have to iframe excessivly, i was in no aoe ranges at all times and i could just LB+RB and noone in the party was the wiser.

Try that on a KFM...and you are a noob tank, a bad player, a waste of a party space...

To add to the insult, a FM CAN tank a boss as well when they pay attention as us Melee, well tyvm to make my day...i think we solved this one

3 hours ago, H2H said:

OMG OP! You're so good at everything. Better go find a mirror so you can continue your self-worship. Cuz this place isn't even worthy of your presence anymore. That, and because there's not enough room to fit your ego in here.... Because the two of you are inseparable.

Well dude, you just jumped to the conclusion i'm inflating my ego because I stated that "endgame PvE" is easy to clear when I said specifically that the intention of the post was not to insult anyone who may find it hard or undergeared but highlighting the points I found extremely disappointing as a PvE player.

If I wanted to boast I would have posted one of those superfast bosses clears videos  by p2winners with 2 fms 1 wl dpsing and kfm for buff.

From whatever point you look at it, it's just as I said: there is nothing appealing in doing PvE right now.

Hell, do you know that farming Moonwater tears right now is more profitable than doing asura if you lack a static group or split the mats?

It's laughable.

I may be wrong but I recall NCSoft saying they were going to increase the drop rate of materials in every dungeon but didn't notice any difference at all.

So what we have for pve content is both easy and not even rewarding unless you do it 10h a day.

So it's clearly all about my ego, yeah.

are u aware we are behind the kr version by months?

are u aware that legendary weap and , imho, all above 550ap is just for epenis purpose because it is not needed to clear the content?

are u diamond in pvp?

actually, i head about BnS being a PvP centric game. if i wanted a PvE centric game i wen BDO.

45 minutes ago, ProvaSin said:

Well dude, you just jumped to the conclusion i'm inflating my ego because I stated that "endgame PvE" is easy to clear when I said specifically that the intention of the post was not to insult anyone who may find it hard or undergeared but highlighting the points I found extremely disappointing as a PvE player.

Actually, your entire post is about how you find it un-challenging, and "stupid", even though you have the top gear available(with the exception of the resist belt), and its even worse because you're "disadvantaged as a melee", and how "retardedly easy" it must be for a ranged dps.

The only challenge here is trying to find somewhere you AREN'T bragging on yourself and insulting everyone who isn't you or one of your 2 friends in the same paragraph. I also noticed where you said "I quitted this game." If that's the case, why bother posting? Oh - your ego was getting hungry... (HA! As I suspected). But its good that you did quit. BNS needs alot less egomaniac elitists than it already has. They are a huge part of the community toxicity that makes players who aren't "600 AP" wanna leave before they even try to get there. You won't be missed.

But before you go, let me adjust your reality just a bit. Your comment about Grindtooth, whatsamatta? I know Sins in low 400's who get the loot everytime. Time to learn your class. Most sins I see in SSP, can die from 2 of grindtooth's shocks. O.o.

21 minutes ago, Shukran said:

are u aware we are behind the kr version by months?

are u aware that legendary weap and , imho, all above 550ap is just for epenis purpose because it is not needed to clear the content?

are u diamond in pvp?

actually, i head about BnS being a PvP centric game. if i wanted a PvE centric game i wen BDO.

1) Proves my point. We are asked to upgrade gear Koreans had three times the time to.

2)It's in the game, so since the game was labeled as f2p I have the right to obtain the legendary weapon without being three  patches behind or more at the time I get it.

3) nope, I care little about pvp honestly and i'm not very knowledgeable about it either, that's why I was addressing PvE issues mostly.

4)Yes and no. Even on Arena HM level and Secret Technique skills matters , and the easiest way to get them is still through pve.

Battleground and open world are non equalized so there is no way you can beat someone of your same skill level if his gear is leagues above yours.

BnS is just disguised as a PvP centric game, at least half of the PvP content requires massive PvE grind anyway.

Archived