Heptagonal Gems huge pay2win

pingal1ty

1 hour ago, Rams21 said:

@DeadlyCode

Pretty much this, and sadly this is a case of nearly every f2p mmo.

These mmos are only f2p in the sense that you can log in and play, but the problem comes from them being designed only for whales.
These companies dont count with f2p players or non-whales, wich is the reason why most of the mmo communites deteroriate over a time because the grind and restrictions become so severe its impossible to achieve anything without spending years of grinding.

Dont get me wrong, working for your stuff is a good thing, it adds a sense of value and achievement, but you can only do so much before hitting the burned out/p2w wall and those who arent ready to spent tons of cash are left behind.

Exactly, just because we don't HAVE to pay a monthly subscription or premium doesn't mean it isn't P2W. People refer to it as being P2W because of how much paying players can get that would take non paying players years to get. I remember when HM15 came out and 1 month later there were already people HM15...all because of money they spent to get there, remember last trove? I think on that trove my BM went from HM4 to HM 9 or 10. This trove I have gotten over 350 crystals for gems and other people already have fully upgraded gems. Yes they may be account bound but it still brings a huge impact to the game. I missed it, but I was told they even sold crystals, radiant energies, moon/soulstones on F10? Do you really not see that as giving paying players an insane advantage therefore P2W?

I probably spent over $5000 on this game since it came out on NA to basically boost 2 of my characters and I don't want to seem like a douche but if you still say it isn't P2W then I'm sorry but you're in denial and blinding yourself from reality.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brand X said:

The idea, that a free to play player can get that, is why many would consider it, not p2w.  To many, p2w means, you can only obtain said item, through the cash shop, not, get item faster with cash.

The way p2w is done has changed over the course of years, people are still stuck in the past with "only obtainable through cash shop", but p2w has evolved and lots of companies use clever tactics to mask it as pay for convinience.

Sure f2p players can get what paying players have, but you arent looking at how long does it take...if someone can get their gear upgraded in a matter of weeks with cash against someone who will need months of hard grind, i dont know but that looks like a significant advantage to me (p2w).

19 minutes ago, Rams21 said:

The way p2w is done has changed over the course of years, people are still stuck in the past with "only obtainable through cash shop", but p2w has evolved and lots of companies use clever tactics to mask it as pay for convinience.

Sure f2p players can get what paying players have, but you arent looking at how long does it take...if someone can get their gear upgraded in a matter of weeks with cash against someone who will need months of hard grind, i dont know but that looks like a significant advantage to me (p2w).

*shrug*  To me it doesn't really matter.  I preferred P2P, but companies realized they made more money with F2P because most players are to stupid to realize they spend more money on F2P than they would on a P2P game that cost 50 cents a day to play.

Now, being the 90's kid that I was, I spent that for 30 seconds - 10 minutes (and 10 minutes is being generous) for an arcade game :p

Now, of course, people can spend nothing on the game and work at every aspect of the game to get what others can get faster with NCoin, but we see what happens with those F2P, they whine about their free game experience not being as good as the ones who fund keeping it going.

Others can say, "Well, I pay for the costumes." and according to TERA that goes a long ways in getting people to spend money, but it's obviously not enough when they need to put in other ways, and being NCSoft, I can't help but think they want bigger profit numbers, since from everything I read about the closing of CoH and it was still making a profit, they must want some higher numbers to keep a game going.

Remember, when a F2P game closes, it's not because of the whales, it's because of the f2pers who never want to spend a cent on the game.  If every player paid into the game, it would make money.

Archived