Heptagonal Gems huge pay2win

pingal1ty

17 hours ago, piitu said:

my server one player all redy have full set off thes gems G f,ucing G   nice work nc-soft no p2w game but bit by bit you still are making it so..   so meaby it's rely time to sey bye bye to nc-soft  so it's like 100ap from gems XD

Doubt it for a couple reasons. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pingal1ty said:

I don't give a flying duck how other games are and I don't give a damn if they put super expensive, exclusive and luxury costumes in the cash shop for 1000$ but you can't deny how they promoted this game as a NOT PAY 2 WIN AND NOT GRINDY when its both things.

The very moment you can have an advantage on me that affects gameplay ITS PAY 2 WIN. Put that in your head.

The fact that in other games you can spend 5000 or whatever and be ahead of 90% of people doesn't make them better games than this and doesn't mean its the way to go, its just a bad tendency that every publisher is copying and its so wrong because its most likely a spit in the face of those 90% who spent their time trying to gear up

so why are u still around if it lied on his first advertisement?

NCsoft didn't say the game will not be grindy... The game itself is design to be a grindfest.

Moreover, how does it directly affect you in the game if you see a P2W person who bought his stuff with money ? Stop looking at others profils and play for yourself.

I don't care if people have already leg weapon, best in slot gems or can afford the endgame stuff just by buying them. I'm not in competition with them,  they can do whatever they want with their money.

You can litteraly do everything in the game with pirate stuff and you can take your time to collect mats for upgrade. No one is forcing you to rush endgame gear like a Cashoper.

Do your daylies, play with your mate and have fun.

3 minutes ago, Sleyvin said:

NCsoft didn't say the game will not be grindy... The game itself is design to be a grindfest.

Moreover, how does it directly affect you in the game if you see a P2W person who bought his stuff with money ? Stop looking at others profils and play for yourself.

I don't care if people have already leg weapon, best in slot gems or can afford the endgame stuff just by buying them. I'm not in competition with them,  they can do whatever they want with their money.

You can litteraly do everything in the game with pirate stuff and you can take your time to collect mats for upgrade. No one is forcing you to rush endgame gear like a Cashoper.

Do your daylies, play with your mate and have fun.

They said would adapt it for western region where players are more likely wanting instant gratification and stuff, they also said not going to be pay2win, not going to be grindy.

How does it affect me? I for example play PvP content in openworld like faction so it does affect me when there is a guild full of pay2wins or botters with 650 to 700AP.

You dont care for other ppl because you dont compete with them, congrats for you but I do compete with them so I want a fair competition not just a "who has the biggest wallet"

Also competition is forcing me to rush endgame gear.

And finally I do my dailys with my friends yes, and have fun with it, don't even look that much how many AP they have and stuff, because that is the fun part for me to share the game with friends, but when we talking about competing its different matter as I said before

Even arena is not fair with Hongmoon Levels and Hongmoon secret techniques. 

I don't get it guys why are you all so stubborn to understand the game is going nuts with the huge pay2win? Why is it that hard to comprehend?

Also pvp in open world is not essential that is YOUR point of view, not everybody's else. And now with removal of weapons in SSP gear matters more than ever

Just now, pingal1ty said:

Even arena is not fair with Hongmoon Levels and Hongmoon secret techniques. 

I don't get it guys why are you all so stubborn to understand the game is going nuts with the huge pay2win? Why is it that hard to comprehend?

Also pvp in open world is not essential that is YOUR point of view, not everybody's else. And now with removal of weapons in SSP gear matters more than ever

They are just trolling you.

19 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

There is no rocket science, been here since Alpha then CBTs, Headstart, Release and till today. 

1st month the game had 17-18 channels @ Misty Woods.

Today we have 4 channels at SSP and we are the "strong" server of the EU community since it was the one that most hardcore guilds decided to go for. 

So there is no need to ask support any number, minimum of 16 channels to 3-4 we have now its like 1/4 of what we had before aka -75%.

And thats only an estimation from what I can see, for sure NCSoft can see other numbers that I can't and probably all are as bad, I mean number of players starting the game, number of players leveling in a determinated zone and stuff, and yeah I see everyday less channels to play in areas which just means players are quiting fast and there are no newcomers to replace them as fast as they quit.

And lastly, if you don't know what you talk please abstent from trollposting, if you want "proof" you can go ask the support as you claimed by yourself.

So in a nutshell, you are just throwing out numbers hoping they will stick and have no data to back it up...got it.and why should I ask support? I'm not the one making the claims...you are.  You want to throw out random numbers, then so be it.

Those gems are best in game, and are supposed to be grinded years... that you have them in tranmute options, means nothing. And if there is few super whales, who will have few of those, SO WHAT? How does it affect you? Pure envy, i want it too? LOL

Why not having fun? Ssp got clear with removing of dumb weapons, and i dont even see hackers around (not doing arena at all). 

I am happy, game is fun, i like grind, to earn things. Just ppl will still moan about nonsenses. 550 is all you need now for clearing ANY current content, and thats not hard to get, without any cash.

If this western mentality isnt somewhat weird.

Seen it in other MMOs it start like this and will end in a way that you NEED best in slot gear to clear hardest content ever made for the game then you guys will cry when realize you can't clear the dungeon with a party of f2p or casuals, but yeah keep defending its not pay2win or it doesn't happen anything if only few can afford best stuff. Its not like the game its IRL like having a luxury car or something, game is game and everything should be available to everybody.

I don't have anything against grinding, I understand they have to "entertain" you someway and can't create new content everyday or every week or even once a month because its damn hard but I cannot really understand how you guys see those gems are ONLY from trove treasure and STILL say its not pay2win, there is a payment wall to obtain that so its pay2win since its not a cosmetic or small advantage, everyone of those transmuted gems have up to 15AP, thats a lot if you get all 6 of them, anyway going to stop arguing against walls because there is no point.

2 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Seen it in other MMOs it start like this and will end in a way that you NEED best in slot gear to clear hardest content ever made for the game then you guys will cry when realize you can't clear the dungeon with a party of f2p or casuals, but yeah keep defending its not pay2win or it doesn't happen anything if only few can afford best stuff. Its not like the game its IRL like having a luxury car or something, game is game and everything should be available to everybody.

I don't have anything against grinding, I understand they have to "entertain" you someway and can't create new content everyday or every week or even once a month because its damn hard but I cannot really understand how you guys see those gems are ONLY from trove treasure and STILL say its not pay2win, there is a payment wall to obtain that so its pay2win since its not a cosmetic or small advantage, everyone of those transmuted gems have up to 15AP, thats a lot if you get all 6 of them, anyway going to stop arguing against walls because there is no point.

do you realize how much you would need to pay, to get them all? only madman can do that, there wont be tons ppl running with that... its supposed to be years farm, if they would p2get them, they will spend insane money... how many such ppl you meet? 10 at maxxx on server... + you dont need it to clear any content...

this complains are out of reality, its cashgrab, win, what win, even if they would go 6v6, chance you meet them, is bellow zero, cuz almost noone will buy that

i have gotten flawless amethyst, and flawless ruby, without paying penny, many ppl did... now if you realise that best gems in game should be grind for year(s), its possible to get them

its just western mentality, i NEED IT NOW, with possible even worse addon, CUZ THEY HAVE IT

im not defending that its not pay to win, but to pay, to get than soon, is for absolute most ppl unreal, and whoever sponsors all bns, making ncsoft rich as ... let them have GM gear LOL, you wont meet them, too low chance

problem is so many ppl complaining about nothing, that real things which hurts, gets lost

2 hours ago, FaeQueen said:

I've received 50 weekend chests from BW and no Gem. FYI rng blows so sorry if I have little faith atm.

I have over 100 wyrm kills and most chests were brilliant. I opened once like shittons of chests at same time including normals, brilliants, daily quest chest etc never got a blackwyrm claw or a gem and I am not even halfway to 1000 essences that you need for a single gem, so good luck

• 3 months later...

I have spent thousands of dollars in this game since it came out on NA and I can tell you one thing whether you believe it/like it or not, this game is insanely P2W, just because you are not forced to pay a monthly subscription doesn't mean it isn't P2W, they make even more money by being "Free to play," because they can then charge for all these "extras."

So I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am with any of my characters if it wasn't because of how much money I've put into this and the reason I am still playing is because of the same reason, I've spent too much and I don't want it to go to waste so soon so I just enjoy w.e I can whenever I can.

I don't really care that I have spent it since it was just extra money I've had but that is my honest response.

This game isn't "Free to play," yeah you can play it without paying but you will never achieve what "whales" can.

9 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

This game isn't "Free to play," yeah you can play it without paying but you will never achieve what "whales" can.

And what exactly might that be? Give me an example, pls. Anyway, thank you for supporting NC so I can play for free.

20 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

And what exactly might that be? Give me an example, pls. Anyway, thank you for supporting NC so I can play for free.

Could a non "whale" be HM15 within a couple weeks after the patch?
Could a non "whale" get maxed out gems in such a short time?

Radiant Energy's barely drop...ever yet you see some players with full upgraded gems.

You can try to deny it as much as you can but as paying player I know what I am talking about.

@DeadlyCode

Pretty much this, and sadly this is a case of nearly every f2p mmo.

These mmos are only f2p in the sense that you can log in and play, but the problem comes from them being designed only for whales.
These companies dont count with f2p players or non-whales, wich is the reason why most of the mmo communites deteroriate over a time because the grind and restrictions become so severe its impossible to achieve anything without spending years of grinding.

Dont get me wrong, working for your stuff is a good thing, it adds a sense of value and achievement, but you can only do so much before hitting the burned out/p2w wall and those who arent ready to spent tons of cash are left behind.

7 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

Could a non "whale" be HM15 within a couple weeks after the patch?
Could a non "whale" get maxed out gems in such a short time?

Radiant Energy's barely drop...ever yet you see some players with full upgraded gems.

You can try to deny it as much as you can but as paying player I know what I am talking about.

The idea, that a free to play player can get that, is why many would consider it, not p2w.  To many, p2w means, you can only obtain said item, through the cash shop, not, get item faster with cash.

On 11.05.2016 at 6:50 PM, Jem said:

The gems are clearly account bound, you can't sell it AND you have to literally live in Cold Storage cuz in order to MAKE the gems, you need 30 of the stuff that drops from the 2nd boss, Kaari Lord.

Still takes time to get, imo.

I've done more than 100 runs and didn't see a single one.

Archived