Well, bad news, GM removed the weapon in SSP.

papapotato

yeah PVP is anti-fun for many people. likewise PVE is anti-fun for many people. Maybe you should watch the live stream for BnS on Twitch tomorrow and they will probably host Mosh again after and you can see how he as a PVP players hates having to do PVE, and in turn read the forums and find how PVE players hate PVP, ow or other.

an tell me, if there was only Crimson on a server and you were trying to do SSP, would it matter if the guns were there or not? Since there would be no Cerulean to use them on you, or for you to use them on, it would be a moot point. Ergo the guns don't kill people, PVP kills people.

You guys do realise, NCWest is unable to alter any code themselves right ? They request changes to be made from the game developer, he makes the changes, NCWest gets the update, there is some serious time delay between the requests and the update, seeing that they have multiple diffrent regions to juggle all with their own set of rules.

That being said, if it was easy to eradicate Bots & Hacks from games, no computer would ever fall victem to a virus anymore, but sadly there are more guys coding hacks/bots in total then there are payed people working against these bot/hacker coders, these people go home at the end of the dayshift, basement coders & hackers have 24/7.

5 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

an tell me, if there was only Crimson on a server and you were trying to do SSP, would it matter if the guns were there or not? Since there would be no Cerulean to use them on you, or for you to use them on, it would be a moot point. Ergo the guns don't kill people, PVP kills people.

This, this is what I was thinking about. What's the use of it when you're the lone one of your factions when they have guns. That's just a big ass no in my book. What I like to see it return if both sides has reached a certain HP limit then they get the weapons. Like make Ceru have 100k HP pool minimum limit and Crim the same; then the boxes appears just for the 'fun' in it all if they achieved that limit together.

Or in other words, just make both sides have at least 100k HP pool at the same time before the weapon boxes come up. It'll help many lone factions members with SSP and the bigger groups don't kill them off like it's nothing.

4 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

If you're using the weapons for negative purposes over their intended design, what's the point of keeping them around?

Because the problem is griefers, bots and hackers, not guns existing. You're dealing with the symptom, not the cause. It's a quick 'fix', nothing more.

This can be considered a case of NCwest listening to feedback, yes. Problem is it was a kind of lousy feedback that shows that playerbase can be just as guilty of poor problem-solving ideas as NCsoft and yet another example of them screwing up everyone instead of just the abusers, a practice I abhor on principle. I almost never bother with SSP anyway, so I'm a bit ambivalent about this change, but I still think we could've done better.

I'm glad this change happened. Countless times i've been trying to complete the Elites quest in ssp and 1 cowardly faction person runs up and throws a bomb at us and runs away into their terrors. Annoying AF! I was angry so I did manage to track down and kill a summoner that did this but I had to be super careful not to get pulled by a terror. And if its an assassin doing the trolling you can almost never kill them since they have a lot of utility to stealth and get away. 

lmfao @ title of thread... you mean great news.   Those weapons serve no purpose, they are WEAK against NPCs.   The only purpose they served was hackers using them on unsuspecting players and then those of us who would wait for them to appear then use it on them before they could teleport away in a reverse-troll fashion.  But ya, this was a very smart move by NCSoft.

You can tell who the people that relied on these weapons are within this thread..... lol... OP is probably one of the hackers now crying.  ahahahaaa

The only people who are complaining about weapons being taken out of SSP are the hackers.

The reason I know this is because when I suggested this in the first place (removal of SSP weapons), NO ONE fought for the weapons to remain. This was the fastest solution, as hackers would go around 35k grenade launcher'ing people after/during boss fights which would of course lead to a 1 shot.

Good job NC Soft. 1 step in the right direction; however, although a short term solution, please find a long-term option for the hacking.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Shadzar said:

Right on those server with 12 players in one faction, and 12,ooo in the other faction? So one faction controls ALL channels in all faction contested areas. I can see some of the problems people have for and against them, but on some servers it was the only way to fight another faction. So don't make stupid suggestions how to fix SSP, that is already being done in threads that created this.

How do you plan on killing the Engineer NPC after you've taken care of the 20 or so players guarding him? Unload more bullets? They don't do jack on him.

7 hours ago, KatHead said:

Removing content because you are failing to remove hackers is very sad and a testament to where this game is heading.

I am glad they can no longer be abused, but would have liked for NCSW to have just did there jobs instead. The problem was not the weapons but the hackers. 

removing content that causes griefing doesnt negatively affect anyone apart from those causing the grief. While it is true they are applying a quick fix for "NOW", i dont see anywhere they posted that they arent working to solve the issue at its roots; thats simply community assumption that they arent trying to. So while it is a quick fix that removes "unneeded" content and might be a cause for concern in terms of game development it certainly does not mean they arent trying to or capable of solving the problem at its base; again thats your assumption. 

innocent until proven guilty... ring any bells?

people like to play that card but they are quick to point fingers and throw stones when they arent in the hot seat or in the loop of things. if you dont know then u simply dont know, stop tossing stones fam.

The griefers are the ones mad that the guns are gone. I'm happy they fixed this "symptom". Good job listening to the community moderator or the powers that may be. Please continue to work on long term issues with hackers/bot.

I am happy now that I can do SSP without that one guy wiping out the whole SSP party with a gun.

18 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

People were complaining a long time that the weapon crates need to be removed. I don't think they remove them to get rid of hackers but to listen players' feedback. Also people complained that no one was listening to their pleas. Now that they did listen players' wishes to remove the crates another complain arises for taking them off. Do you people even know what you want or just complain for the sake of complaining?

^ This but i mean removing teh crates isnt a real "solution" but it does help and saves your prestige points.

21 hours ago, Belly Da Melly said:

Because defending that point is just so easy when a terror and 50 enemies come at you man, the weapon were put there to help with this now they remove them because they cant do something else about the hackers.

And frankly its all thanks to this dummed down community who suggested it.

rather have a 50 man army coming at me then a bot killing us with all the op ass weapons while we fight terrors, 

Archived