Well, bad news, GM removed the weapon in SSP.

papapotato

Removing content because you are failing to remove hackers is very sad and a testament to where this game is heading.

I am glad they can no longer be abused, but would have liked for NCSW to have just did there jobs instead. The problem was not the weapons but the hackers. 

4 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Removing content because you are failing to remove hackers is very sad and a testament to where this game is heading.

I am glad they can no longer be abused, but would have liked for NCSW to have just did there jobs instead. The problem was not the weapons but the hackers. 

Because defending that point is just so easy when a terror and 50 enemies come at you man, the weapon were put there to help with this now they remove them because they cant do something else about the hackers.

And frankly its all thanks to this dummed down community who suggested it.

Hackers can't be removed because the game engine itself is flawed. So... unless they change that (which they won't), the bot issue can't be fixed. It's good they remove the weapons, they were a retarded mechanic in the 1st place.

What's the purpose of the weapons? Just to grief.

Keep in mind that KR originally never had the weapons to begin with, and only implemented them once a good population started reaching 100k HP and wouldn't die in one hit. Right now our gear is in the same spot as KR's initial release of SSP, so removing the weapons has no major impact other than removing a huge griefing factor. A single player should not be instantly killing 20 people with one button press, and it's already hard to survive the Terrors to begin with.

Want to take back the quarry? Get your entire faction to launch a counterattack. It is literally the only way to complete Quarry Worries anyway. If you're using the weapons for negative purposes over their intended design, what's the point of keeping them around?

1 hour ago, Brainy said:

Hackers can't be removed because the game engine itself is flawed. So... unless they change that (which they won't), the bot issue can't be fixed. It's good they remove the weapons, they were a retarded mechanic in the 1st place.

What does the game engine have to do with in game gms. You people all seem willing to accept any ol thing this company throws and defend it even. There is ZERO reason why there are not gms logged in at all times right click banning these hackers. They are literally destroying the game, both nscw and the hackers.

5 minutes ago, KatHead said:

What does the game engine have to do with in game gms. You people all seem willing to accept any ol thing this company throws and defend it even. There is ZERO reason why there are not gms logged in at all times right click banning these hackers. They are literally destroying the game, both nscw and the hackers.

but you've realise that these "hackes" are just bots and that it's easy for a bot to create just a new char or account? 
The only bots you will get with this tactic are the private ones cause maybe some players would stop to bot then. But the big bots and goldsellers you won't get with that.

13 minutes ago, KatHead said:

The game engine is old, hackers can do all these things because the code ran on the client is accepted as granted by the server, which is wrong. Everything you do should be double-checked for illegal actions by the server, which is not the case here. And I wasn't defending anything, the bot is an issue for me just like it is for you. I was just stating a fact.

In-game GMs can't fix the root of the problem.

I dont see why are you all upset about them removing the weapon crates?
 Thats was a player suggestion, many players wanted that so thats what they are doing, they are listening to player suggestions.

If you dont like it you have yourselves to blame not them.

2 minutes ago, Brainy said:

The game engine is old, hackers can do all these things because the code ran on the client is accepted as granted by the server, which is wrong. Everything you do should be double-checked for illegal actions by the server, which is not the case here. And I wasn't defending anything, the bot is an issue for me just like it is for you. I was just stating a fact.

I realize there are technical limitations with the game and that the game has been botted / hacked for 5 years and the bots / hack programs are adept at circumventing digital road blocks. This does not give NCSW a excuse for not policing there game though (didnt mean to sound snippy, forgive me if I offended you.). In game GMs are necessary at this point as this game will flounder on NA if hacks are not eliminated. 

27 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Want to take back the quarry? Get your entire faction to launch a counterattack. It is literally the only way to complete Quarry Worries anyway.

Right on those server with 12 players in one faction, and 12,ooo in the other faction? So one faction controls ALL channels in all faction contested areas. I can see some of the problems people have for and against them, but on some servers it was the only way to fight another faction. So don't make stupid suggestions how to fix SSP, that is already being done in threads that created this.

6 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I dont see why are you all upset about them removing the weapon crates?
 Thats was a player suggestion, many players wanted that so thats what they are doing, they are listening to player suggestions.

If you dont like it you have yourselves to blame not them.

You are being a little bit dishonest with this, players also said this is NOT the solution (some even raged). Though most of the sheep did say just take out the weapons (which was your point), that does not make it a good thing. This is a lazy fix and a fix that removes content, this will not change much in game as cheaters will just cheat some other way. 

Player suggestions my ass. They did it because it was the easier thing to do. They always choose the easier way to solve a problem regardless if it shafts players in the short or long term.

8 minutes ago, KatHead said:

You are being a little bit dishonest with this, players also said this is NOT the solution (some even raged). Though most of the sheep did say just take out the weapons (which was your point), that does not make it a good thing. This is a lazy fix and a fix that removes content, this will not change much in game as cheaters will just cheat some other way. 

You are aware the other regions only got the weapon crates once players reached a HP pool of 100k+ right?

And honestly at this point its not a lazy fix but the best option for now until the main issue is dealt with.

27 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You are aware the other regions only got the weapon crates once players reached a HP pool of 100k+ right?

Yes, that is my point. Hack programs were rampant before the gun crates, do you not think they were prepared for this move (the companies that sell the hacks, not the players using them). I can assure you that even as we speak on the skumbag hacker forums they are discussing how to continue cheating.

5 hours ago, papapotato said:

Can I understand it as they cannot handle those hackers, so they have no choice but removed the weapon? Nice "passive" method. : (

it was a good move. That weapon has a toxic, anti fun  mechanic. Tho' it does not mean the weapons are removed for good. They can return at a later date (i hope they dont , to be honest)

10 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

a toxic, anti fun  mechanic.

You just described PVP in a nutshell and why many PVE players despise being forced into it. So since they removed the guns from SSP, does it also mean they will remove the big and problematic "toxic anti-fun mechanic" that is PVP?

2 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

You just described PVP in a nutshell and why many PVE players despise being forced into it. So since they removed the guns from SSP, does it also mean they will remove the big and problematic "toxic anti-fun mechanic" that is PVP?

ermm no , actually pvp is not anti fun, even if the classes are quite poorly balanced but....let's not get into that.

The fact they made Soul Stones be a pvp orientated thing is actually what I find stupid. I was really shocked and sad when re-started playing and I saw SS were reworked into this.  You used to get SS from specific dailies (like dungeons mostly). Why did they change and reworked them into this??????

The whole SSP and how you aquier them and all the drama and the issues... was so not worth. I wish they revert the system. It was so much better and simpler.

People were complaining a long time that the weapon crates need to be removed. I don't think they remove them to get rid of hackers but to listen players' feedback. Also people complained that no one was listening to their pleas. Now that they did listen players' wishes to remove the crates another complain arises for taking them off. Do you people even know what you want or just complain for the sake of complaining?

Archived