Forums

Dead game after 4month, merge the server already!

35 minutes ago, Cherish said:

To say the game is dead because there are less people running the lower level content could be true as it shows not a lot of new people are joining.  BUT get your butt up to the lvl 50 content and stand in the Dungeon Finder Lobby for a bit and watch the players running for dungeons and you have to eat your *game is dead* words.  lvl 50 HM1+ don't really have much need to actively use the lower level maps as there is so much to keep them occupied in the higher level maps.

No the game isn't dead, far from it.

How exactly are you supposed to get your butt up to lvl 50 when you're stuck doing profane jiangshi or brightstone ruins for weapon? People (lvl 50s) leave lvl 45 blue dungeons like brightstone or skittering when they see lvl 45 or lvl 46s join the party. Lvl 50s leave party when you see people running lvl 45 dungeons with profane or infernal. So what are  the newbies supposed to do now? In my server, clans want lvl 50 HM5, 480+ AP to join, there is no alt or leveling friendly guild, even if there were, they are all inactive.

When a team releases the next tier content, the logical way to do is to make easy access to the previous tier so that people can experience the next content. This is what most gaming developers do (Blizzard, Bungie, heck Gameforge even). To NCSoft this concept is alien. Well, I understand NC is a publisher and not a developer, if a developer was involved in our particular release, this game could've lasted. Publishers just want money and it is very evident with this game. I've spent approx 250$ on costumes and that's it. I am not going to spend on materials or supply boxes because that is just stupid, as your gear becomes outdated every week.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allow me to translate this for those of you without your NC prescribed rose colored glasses:   "I don't have Cancer. I don't personally know anyone with Cancer. Therefore, Cancer isn't real,

The game is dying. It's not sustainable if you don't have new players frequently. And B&S doesn't, that's why it's really important to see that the low level areas are empty. And I'm on my 7th or

Anyone who thinks this game is not dead is simply in denial because they've already spent too much time/money into this. It's understandable to have positive thinking of course. How is it possibl

I played this game since Head-start. first sight, it seemed as a solid combat mmo.. a few things outdated and stupid.  looking on it now I´m more than deeply dissapointed i stayed.  I have hm 10 des with 625 ap, 450 fm hm 5, hm 1 wl and 45 sin.   I played the game, all content of the game.  I´m currently playing on Hao. with 95% of server being cerulean. Crimson players the few that are left are quitting by the day, even the ceruleans being hit hard by leaving.  active and big clans dissapper one week to another. 
The game is Dying. And its going quick. 

Arena, it started with bot fest unbalanced around 45, than hacking summoeners was the next big thing and now the arena nothing but a ghost time with Tag ques over 20 mins in 1700+ had someone in plat sit there for que for a hour.  its the same 100 people it seem you paly agienst tag wise

1v1 1700-1900 80% Kfms, i matched 38 kfms in 55-60(MAX 60) games. 10 sins/bds .. as destroyer and FM kfm are not a enjoyable match up.. and not to play *cricket*ing every single game. 

Pve content is easy a fack. just leveled a wl to 50 with 20k hp and awk profane. hardest part was dealing with the retarded design of AI.  you use Knockback mobs reset, you use ss mobs reset, you use thrall mobs reset, you iframe mobs leap it reset.   I asked other warlocks´ you just have to learn to paly around it´ So you are supposed to go melee range and make sure to get hit by mob to ensure it will not reset, shivastone range was a nightmare the story even worse. boss would reset while 1 meter away from me but chase me to the oppesite end of zone.. 

I got big founder packs and i do like the game.. but it is dying and its not the game but NCsoft refusing to put any effort or money into fixing any of these things. People arent used to mobs being designed this low budget, Seems they werent designed to work for WL. 

Everything in this game is becoming cancer for me too. I like the game but getting fed up . Faction.. Nope cant happen since 95% cerulean, Arena is a big sin and kfm playground, doing late night dungs are such a time waste. 6v6 que time 20+ plus after midnight( even 5 mins + prime hours), Mushin .. well easy content, not really rewarding to grind. leveling alts.. well leveling alts are *cricket*ing depressing seeing how severs like windrest are pretty ghosty in leveling zones even.  ran into maybe 30 people leveling max On the highest pop server in EU.. Arena FPS bug GOD this one... 3 times in 1 hour it happend on my sin, everything is fine than the bomb hits 20 fps slide show and gg match. Like No matter what content of this game i try to turn to to not focus on the bad, new poor and lazy shit pops out. 

bottom line.. Game is dying Not because its bad but because Ncsoft refuse to put at effort into the game just like Lineage, Just like Guildwars, Just like Aion and yes Just like Wildstar. It only became worse. how this company is still allowed to run in both EU and NA I do not know.. Server merges wont happen too much work for a dying game and no cash.  I am 100% sure they will add server transfer to milk their players last time before leaving it to rot completely.  Dont fool yourself. 60 if not 70% of the players has already quit

54 minutes ago, TryGoogleThis said:

I played this game since Head-start. first sight, it seemed as a solid combat mmo.. a few things outdated and stupid.  looking on it now I´m more than deeply dissapointed i stayed.  I have hm 10 des with 625 ap, 450 fm hm 5, hm 1 wl and 45 sin.   I played the game, all content of the game.  I´m currently playing on Hao. with 95% of server being cerulean. Crimson players the few that are left are quitting by the day, even the ceruleans being hit hard by leaving.  active and big clans dissapper one week to another. 
The game is Dying. And its going quick. 

Arena, it started with bot fest unbalanced around 45, than hacking summoeners was the next big thing and now the arena nothing but a ghost time with Tag ques over 20 mins in 1700+ had someone in plat sit there for que for a hour.  its the same 100 people it seem you paly agienst tag wise

1v1 1700-1900 80% Kfms, i matched 38 kfms in 55-60(MAX 60) games. 10 sins/bds .. as destroyer and FM kfm are not a enjoyable match up.. and not to play *cricket*ing every single game. 

Pve content is easy a fack. just leveled a wl to 50 with 20k hp and awk profane. hardest part was dealing with the retarded design of AI.  you use Knockback mobs reset, you use ss mobs reset, you use thrall mobs reset, you iframe mobs leap it reset.   I asked other warlocks´ you just have to learn to paly around it´ So you are supposed to go melee range and make sure to get hit by mob to ensure it will not reset, shivastone range was a nightmare the story even worse. boss would reset while 1 meter away from me but chase me to the oppesite end of zone.. 

I got big founder packs and i do like the game.. but it is dying and its not the game but NCsoft refusing to put any effort or money into fixing any of these things. People arent used to mobs being designed this low budget, Seems they werent designed to work for WL. 

Everything in this game is becoming cancer for me too. I like the game but getting fed up . Faction.. Nope cant happen since 95% cerulean, Arena is a big sin and kfm playground, doing late night dungs are such a time waste. 6v6 que time 20+ plus after midnight( even 5 mins + prime hours), Mushin .. well easy content, not really rewarding to grind. leveling alts.. well leveling alts are *cricket*ing depressing seeing how severs like windrest are pretty ghosty in leveling zones even.  ran into maybe 30 people leveling max On the highest pop server in EU.. Arena FPS bug GOD this one... 3 times in 1 hour it happend on my sin, everything is fine than the bomb hits 20 fps slide show and gg match. Like No matter what content of this game i try to turn to to not focus on the bad, new poor and lazy shit pops out. 

bottom line.. Game is dying Not because its bad but because Ncsoft refuse to put at effort into the game just like Lineage, Just like Guildwars, Just like Aion and yes Just like Wildstar. It only became worse. how this company is still allowed to run in both EU and NA I do not know.. Server merges wont happen too much work for a dying game and no cash.  I am 100% sure they will add server transfer to milk their players last time before leaving it to rot completely.  Dont fool yourself. 60 if not 70% of the players has already quit

agreed with u man and everything u wrote are pure facts. u only forgot about laggy servers. ppl are leaving this game in a hundreds every day. ncsoft went by a milky road so no wonder...

7 hours ago, Mucski said:

I never in my life seen a game that would shut down after 5 months of it's release. 

Eligium

Started in February 2012, closed in July 2012. 5 months.

RaiderzEU

Started in november 2012, closed 2013 august. 9 months.

Arctic Combat

Started in december 2012, closed 2013 september. 9 months.

So there are 3 game examples, what i played and they shut down super fast.

Edited by KzE
7 minutes ago, TryGoogleThis said:

Soon BnS to list

Its on whales, if they willing to spend, or not. Just look Tera EU, super low population, but they still buying those 100+ euro boxes, so its not shutting down.

ITT: Two extreme opinions, both with valid points. The truth however is somewhere in the middle.

This game is in a state of rapid decline, pvp is in a worse state that one could even imagine would have ever been possible. Pve players are so sick of having to carry leechers and afks, with zero support from NCSW for kicking these low life people from group. The list of "real" problems is to long for me to even think about typing out.

I am opposed to the server transfer option and my server certainly does not need merged with another (Soha  is very well populated). If there are servers that are in as bad a shape as the very opinionated people in this thread seem to indicate then maybe some of those servers should be merged. Server transfers mark the end of games / servers and I do not wish for my server to get more crowded or be abandoned. I play extremely odd hours. I play at all times of day and night on different days of the week dictated by my very strange work schedule and I can say that my server is extremely healthy. Even the low level areas (around field bosses) is populated, there are always 5 - 8 people / bots around PJ.

The only long queue times I experience are for p2w valley, and the longest one I have seen is 12 minutes. However once that first game is played my queue time seems much much shorter (in the 30 sec - 1m window).

This game is extremely unfriendly to new players. I should not have had to kill Junghado on my alt fm 57 times just to get a sealed enlightened ring. There is no reason for the warrior token cost to be 200 when you also need those tokens for the actual upgrades. Weapon / accessory upgrade paths NEED to be adjusted from level 36 and up, this game has enough grind at the end of it. There is no need to force level 50s to run level 45 content for weeks to get upgrade parts to upgrade level 36 accessories. 

Fixing low level dungeons could be quite easy, just multiply the xp reward from the completion box by around 30x (obviously each one would need to be looked at). Dungeon bosses should ALWAYS drop at least 2 weapons along with everything it drops currently. There is zero need to force people to farm these low level areas for crazy amounts of time. 

This game can and will be easily supported by whales for years to come. There are enough whales for 3 - 4 full servers at the very least and that is more than enough to make money. This game should not be in that condition though or in the condition it is in now for that matter. 

Why is NCSW asleep ?

3 hours ago, pgrcrazy said:

How exactly are you supposed to get your butt up to lvl 50 when you're stuck doing profane jiangshi or brightstone ruins for weapon? People (lvl 50s) leave lvl 45 blue dungeons like brightstone or skittering when they see lvl 45 or lvl 46s join the party. Lvl 50s leave party when you see people running lvl 45 dungeons with profane or infernal. So what are  the newbies supposed to do now? In my server, clans want lvl 50 HM5, 480+ AP to join, there is no alt or leveling friendly guild, even if there were, they are all inactive.

When a team releases the next tier content, the logical way to do is to make easy access to the previous tier so that people can experience the next content. This is what most gaming developers do (Blizzard, Bungie, heck Gameforge even). To NCSoft this concept is alien. Well, I understand NC is a publisher and not a developer, if a developer was involved in our particular release, this game could've lasted. Publishers just want money and it is very evident with this game. I've spent approx 250$ on costumes and that's it. I am not going to spend on materials or supply boxes because that is just stupid, as your gear becomes outdated every week.

For the last 3 weeks I have been doing hours every day hunting achievement points.  I have been running all the lvl 45 dungeons as a lvl 50 HM8 and never yet refused to party with someone because of their level.  I was fortunate that I decided to join the Old Timers Guild and we have a very active, caring and helpful playerbase.  We are on Mushin server and have no problem with newbies joining us as believe it or not -- not so long back we were all newbies.

Apologies for picking your reply to respond to but it just makes me a bit cranky that ALL lvl 50's are painted as being morons.  There are many friendly and helpful lvl 50's out there and we don't all deserve to be painted as mean, nasty, evil people.

Yes games do get easier over time however at the speed BnS is being released those things wont be put into place till later. The game has only been released here for a little over 12 weeks.

I made a fm 2 days ago on Cardinal Gates. The server is already half-ghost-town like but god, low level areas are officially dead. From Viridian to Moonwater i've seen 7 people including 2 bots. To upgrade my weapon i had to ask help from my main's clan because there is hardly anyone who kills open world bosses like Hujikar or Profane Jiangshi. It was somewhat easy for me level up because of my access to resources but for people who just started BnS, this game is nothing but a nightmare. I definitely want low populated servers to be merged.

21 hours ago, Mucski said:

I don't see anyhting dead on my server only the two 24 man dungeon in moonwater. I see no harder or longer queues in cross-server. Nobody is pretending, you are pretending it's not. Nobody cares if they leave, I know I don't, pampered low life people who are afraid to fire up their credit card (or their mom's credit card) once in a while to pay for a BOX and call it pay2win, and constantly crying about everything deserve to leave. I am seriously fed up with you guys. All I see everywhere is "bns is dead". No it's not, you are just impatient thus it's dead. Many stuff isn't released yet, and seeing other regions we are still long way from finish, yet everyone leaves half way cause they are used to being pampered.

Hiya. Blade and Soul is badly designed; all it has is flying, fashion, and good combat. Everything else is very bad, especially the upgrade system after lvl 45.

People's complaints are valid. I've spent hundreds of dollars on NCSoft games: BnS, AION, Lineage, etc. and I can tell you that BnS will not last. Money spent or not, it's still a horrible, mind-numbing grind, and even worse for people with a life. It's like a really boring job, instead of a place to go to have fun. They kept the upgrade costs so high, because it made them a lot of money from us few that spent a ton; that's all.

They have other projects like MasterXMaster, Lineage Eternal, etc. coming, plus games like Moonlight Blade, Revelations Online, Closers, and tons of other games are already poised to take players away. They do not care about BnS; they just want to make as much as they can before it collapses into just a few hundred or thousand players that have spent too much to give up. Lineage still makes a ton of money, and it's been around since 1998

https://mmos.com/editorials/most-profitable-mmos-mmorpgs

I've spent more on BnS in 3 months than I did playing other subscription games for 2 years. People are leaving and I see myself just wasting money now on a game that's already on it's way down in just 4 months. There will continue to be many people that start this game, but none will stay.

Yes, I REALLY want to just finish the story and see what happens with Jinsoyun, but nothing else is worth staying in this game for (not in its current state). After taking a week off, I logged in again today for one run at the event dungeon. I was happy to see my character and the fashion all around, and I loved gliding and doing my cool fighting moves, etc. I was happy for like 30 minutes, then I got reminded of the grind, bots, clownish elitism, unresponsive publisher, etc. and logged out.

The community has become so toxic because everything is designed to make people rude to each other. People steal mobs, steal quest items while you fight a creature next to it, call each other names when someone points out it's p2w, ask for ridiculous AP requirements for dungeons, etc. I just tried Defiance 2 days ago and I am loving the co-operation, etc. That games has max "lvl" of 6000 and I am "lvl 250".... that's a long way to go, but it's still good to have a variety of random, non-forced things to do.

It's dying at an incredible fast rate. I play MMOs since UOL and I've never seen something like this.
It's being killed by atrocious management, p2w and grind issues and hacking/macro cheating.

1 hour ago, Anabella said:

They have other projects like [...] Lineage Eternal

Holy shit. Lineage Eternal is NCSoft? Oh god, no. I just realized it. Was waiting so much for that game :(

Well when people stop spending money on the game and just f2p it you can bet that your going to see a lot of changes to it. Not band aid fixes like remove the weapons from SSP but banning the hackers all together and fixing the issues with weapon and accessory progression.

On 5/10/2016 at 6:31 PM, Mucski said:

I don't see anyhting dead on my server only the two 24 man dungeon in moonwater. I see no harder or longer queues in cross-server. Nobody is pretending, you are pretending it's not. Nobody cares if they leave, I know I don't, pampered low life people who are afraid to fire up their credit card (or their mom's credit card) once in a while to pay for a BOX and call it pay2win, and constantly crying about everything deserve to leave. I am seriously fed up with you guys. All I see everywhere is "bns is dead". No it's not, you are just impatient thus it's dead. Many stuff isn't released yet, and seeing other regions we are still long way from finish, yet everyone leaves half way cause they are used to being pampered.

I love how there are always these "white knights" the come to defend NCsoft, and their money hungry schemes. When the fact of the matter is, they have been doing this to games for YEARS. What makes this even more interesting is that these so called players that are "enjoying the game" are ALWAYS on the forums posting/defending the game; for people enjoying a game so much, what reason do you have to be on the forums? If you KNOW all there is here are complaints, and you enjoy the game so much, why aren't you in it playing? Perhaps you're bored, maybe even tired of grinding? Could it be that you can't find a group, and you need to waste some time? Hmmmm... Seems dead to me, because the only logical thing you could possibly say to be on the forums, is that you are here to defend the game from every single complaint about the game. 

The ignorance of people stretch so far and beyond comprehension that not even they know why they defend a company anymore, they just do it to feel like a somebody, to make themselves feel special, when in fact you just make yourself look like an idiot. The game is ripe full of issues, and the people here that legitimately are concerned with the game voice their opinions or as you put "Crying." I've never seen so many people be in denial of something so obvious.

This game has been dead from the moment they tried throwing content at your face COUPLED with NEW STORE ITEMS, and T-SHIRTS. All ways of pulling people back into the game to make a quick buck. Now that the game has nearly caught up to Korea, now what? They have nothing left to throw at you besides raids, which no one can do because the population of the game has declined so much, you will find maybe 1 group that can gather 24 people to even attempt it. What else is there? More costumes? OH MAN STRAP ME IN BOYZ I CAN'T WAIT! The future is looking mighty fine for B&S. 

1 hour ago, Saksoy said:

This is what happens when you force people to do PVP, you will slowly lose your player base.

This is what happens when you force people to do pve, you will slowly lose your player base. 

Two stupids sentences, side by side. What are the chances ?

FYI:  This game was / is hyped as a pvp game, and is thought of as a very poor pve game due to the lack of a holy trinity and no raids / groups larger than 6. I like the pve in this game and found all of the pve sucks banter to be wrong. 

i wont white knight this game, or try to defend some of NCSofts Decisions, however I think you will find the reason old content is dying in population is because of the games design, go into any BnS Stream or any faction chat and ask people about Alts, this game is unfriendly to alts so majority arnt making them, they're sticking to classes they don't even enjoy anymore Because of that, this meaning less time spent in game or maybe a secondary game due to not wanting to redo all the progression and levelling.

this game has a design not many people like to redo, look at how much effort it takes to get one character up and one character progressing

u not only have to repeat the Exact same storyline, that's right, no alternative quests or zones like majority of other games have, it forces you through the exact same route again, all races start in the same place there is no variety.

you've got to repeat all the RNG, Earning your level 20 weapon from blackram narrows, getting ur 45 weapon (true profane) from Brightstone.

this game sells HM books for either high gold prices, which on a new char u couldn't afford due to having to redo the very expensive Weapon and Acessory grind so most decide to do it via Achievement points, having to repeat all those achievements to total 1250 points again? majority don't want to do Achievements on more then 1 character.

Everything u earn or buy is bound to ur character, u cant swap anything over barely... Pirate/siren stuff Nope, Evolution items, Nope Achievement Points? Nope, most games share these things across account wide, allowing u to use 1 char to fully farm for the secondary char excluding end content, this game doesn't function like that, it forces u to start from scratch and without masses of gold u wont manage that, given current system you'll be spending those masses of gold progressing ur main and would only do this if u had finally been lowered down to the point u actually reroll.

Costumes without RL cost fees or Transfering gold into HM coins u cannot get to ur alts.

Accelerated content means Nobody has time to farm for two chars Let alone play them both actively, unless one is being solidly used as PvP as ur main is either weak or Unenjoyable in PvE.

look at games like WoW, to begin with low levels died fast, they introduced more and more to encourage alts, starting with Heirlooms, then Opening up Raid items u could buy or grind for ur alts, to entirely SELLING U max level. they let u physically BUY the Entire levelling process out, it then introduced a Way to make HUGE money fast Selling Subs on the AH for 900k Gold where u could kit ur char out in Mythic for about a cost of maybe 4-5 Subscriptions.

ALL MMOS GAMES DIE OUT IN LOW LEVEL, unless they make ACHIEVING the End games goals to NOT FORCE U TO STAY WITH ONE CHAR.

KR Games are Noutious for not Encouraging Alts or giving u viable ways to catch up.

the game isn't Dying, There are ALOT of players who play this game, to what Lengths or Time Consumption is Lower because they cant reroll they are forcing them to stick to chars which is burning them out discouraging putting hours into the game regularly.

they could fix this problem, 1) they could introduce a Second World Chat for both Crimson AND Ceru to communicate, this way providing MORE players in the same space Faster, they could Introduce ur method and Merge these servers, it wont help low level zones tho, Low Level zones are dead Due to people NOT WANTING TO REROLL more then not enough players logging in. Majority of these New players are Using guides to level 1-50 in 18hours, I've seen PLENTY OF "I'm new and Need help" posts around to make a good assumption that this game is Attracting new players.

Imho, NCSoft need to hurry up and Just release us All the way to KRS, it'd introduce a huge down time and A lot of work, however I get a feeling that the problems in game arnt down to NCSofts Neglect rather they havnt Put enough people in the Development of the game to deal with Continous Releases AND Solving the games problems, they need to either Cut the Acceleration OR Release it bulk and then get on with the problems before We really do See the game dying tbh.

1 hour ago, KatHead said:

This is what happens when you force people to do pve, you will slowly lose your player base. 

Two stupids sentences, side by side. What are the chances ?

FYI:  This game was / is hyped as a pvp game, and is thought of as a very poor pve game due to the lack of a holy trinity and no raids / groups larger than 6. I like the pve in this game and found all of the pve sucks banter to be wrong. 

most MMOS enforce PvE content on PvPers, that's tbh pretty factual, the only game to realistically Not is GW2  where providing u never do Open World PvP u will have no problems never Levelling a char properly or Seeing the actual Games PvE Content, all KR Games defintly enforce a PvE side.

the PvE Side of the game is however Grindy as hell... doing 1-50 is Annoying due to no variety no choice no different lands No alternative Levelling processes, u cant Dungeon Or tradeskil lfor levels.. forcing u to physically Repeat identical Quests continuously.

I agree on many things that you say. Game in part is coming down. I do a lot of pvp and even looking in the  ranking charts you can notice, 2 tournaments ago maplayers where almost 2500 points, and you saw diamond players all the time, hell I got diamond having 200+ping. This last ended tournament I didn't check last week but I think it ended around 2200 top players and you saw very few diamonds over chat i n server or cross dungeon, not even plats!!!

Anyone who doeapvp can tell that this part is going drastically down... And 6v6 is really lame, I have like 70 matches played and I can tell that I had fun only in 10 I think, on the other ones the difference vs opponents was huge, and I'm 575 ap.

By the other hand, people are also ruining this game. Some of you talked about faction, this is the system of the game, but having 95% on one side tells that the majority sadly gives a fk, or they feel powerful killing low levels or bota from the other faction. On my server, Yunwa, 95% are reds, I switched one month ago also but one week ago I come back to ceru because was terribly bored, no one to kill in open world... and I can't understand why people don't felt the same way, how they don't get bored of playing a single faction game. They just farm 24/7 like  they were bots and left all the fun behind.

Sry shiting writing, I'm on phone.

Edited by Mastrof