What happened to these?

Mucski

Look at those beautiful skill effects, and those simple yet effective boss warnings .... what happened to these? Why are we not getting them? Don't tell me our resource hog effects are the last iteration ....

3 minutes ago, Athaya said:

I like those simple boss warnings. Current are awful.

Amiright? I mean even the skills look so nice, so vivid, ours is just ... meh. Saw videos with WL and SUM from the same region, they all look so nice. Why does our have to look like shit?

4 minutes ago, Jem said:

Can you show where int he video you are specifically talking about? First 4 mins look the same to me.

From what I observed, animations are more luminous, and AoE attacks are indicated by a red inner ring that expands to the outer ring, instead of the dense particle circle we have.

1 minute ago, Hire De Lune said:

From what I observed, animations are more luminous, and AoE attacks are indicated by a red inner ring that expands to the outer ring, instead of the dense particle circle we have.

Ah, okay. 

From what I can tell form that vid to ours, much has changed. Especially the date on that vid. 2 years ago to boot. @_@

It looks better than ours, that's my point. A lot better. And this is just fm look up more with other chars and make a side by side comparison if you will. Out skilms just look rushed and .. Empty and ... Outdated or ... Idk.  And the fact that it was 2 years ago, how come we ended up with complete crap in 2016 compared to the old ones

For those who don't know veil looks almost completely transparent now, dragons barely visible, skills are ugly compared to these

20 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Hm, after watch the first part where the players check his inventory, I wonder if our characters' faces are too expressionless? I don't see my Lyn smile a lot like she does in Character Creation and Wardrobe preview screens.

You are absolutely right. Several frames of the facial animations in our characters faces have been missing from the game for about 3+ months, even after multiple people contacted support about it. They were there on launch, but one of the first large content updates screwed them up. Many older characters have a significant amount of facial distortion because of it.

Check your graphics settings.
I see little to no difference in the vibrance of the FM skills. I run the game on max  graphics (cept for GHS ofc)
But on my old pc... without having specific lighting effects turned on. Your FM skills will look bland and watered down

EDIT: ok I went through and tested the various lighting effects. The ones that very effect the  visuals of the FM skills the most (the vibrancy and all that) happen to be Bloom, and High Quality Lighting. When I slide my graphics bar up to 5 for apply to all, High quality lighting is not automatically checked on.
Also yea... veil does look like shit now compared to before :( Some skills have been toned down but others seem unaffected.

yeah detail is better, said video is two years old? well isn't korea like way way ahead of us? this could be visual update they got, but we haven't received it yet.  No i never seen our characters have any visual effects like one in video from last year.

Korea has always had better graphics than other servers, since most versions are based of China/Taiwan who has poorer graphics compared to KR. China (and I think JP server?) got their graphics updated about a year ago, so now it resembles KR. We didn't receive that update in our build though, as NA/EU is based of TW. 

Archived