I'll Say This One More Time...

I've tried everything to get more than 20 stable FPS. Sometimes I'm 40 fps in a dungeon then 10 fps in a certain room/on a boss. I've tried everything to avoid 10 fps / 1 fps crashes in combat. My AMD GPUC/CPU rig handles other games well except this because of how it's running on unreal engine 3 (or something like that) 

This is with characters hidden, optimized for combat and the lowest settings (1 on all)

Is there something I'm missing? 

I will not

Upgrade my GPU/CPU for one game alone.

Overclock, already tried it. PC temp is fine etc.

Uninstall and reinstall graphics cards, already done it multiple times, even switched OS and it made no difference.

Uninstall the game client and the game, already done it.

Repair file. Already done it many times.

Play in windowed 720 x 480 (Windowed) horrible, crappy mode where it only improves my FPS a bit.

Set up AMD profile/optimize for performance etc, already tried it.

Change priority of cores/set affinity for BnS and GameGuard, as it doesn't make a difference for me.

I'm just putting it out there in case someone knows what's causing this.

52 minutes ago, Eileithia said:

What are the specs of your rig?  

I don't mean to sound rude but that doesn't help, because whenever I tell me specs, people still can't help me and if my rig runs fine on other games then I don't intend on upgrading it any time soon for one game; BnS... 

Game FPS are all over the place.   You just need to find a happy medium in the 20-70 FPS range.  I have FreeSync monitor and it seems to help quite a bit in regards to large FPS fluctuations.  

28 minutes ago, Immortal Technique said:

I don't mean to sound rude but that doesn't help, because whenever I tell me specs, people still can't help me and if my rig runs fine on other games then I don't intend on upgrading it any time soon for one game; BnS... 

It helps to determine if it's your system not being capable of running the game at good FPS, or if it's the game that's the problem.  Not all games are created equal. i'm running it on a 3-4 year old i5 with 16gb ram, a crappy HDD, and a descent video card with little to no FPS issues.  My big problem is zone loading (because my HDD blows) and latency (connection between me and NCSoft). Otherwise the rendering engine is smooth. If you're getting video frame rate issues, it's most likely your video card, or low RAM (running out of resources) and you're paging the disc. If both of those are up to snuff it could be a driver/software issue.

Not to be rude, but that's why specs matter when trying to troubleshoot.  You're basically asking "Why can't my car go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds" without telling us you're driving a 1974 Pinto that's never had the oil changed, and one wheel is a tin can ;).  

"Runs other games fine" is the same, unless you tell us what those other games are.

5 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

running good on WoW, minecraft and hearthstone surely means the rig should run BnS on optimum settings! 

haha.. Minecraft is actually a massive resource hog. But ya, that's basically my point.

As I don't know much about the specs, I can just offer my guess:

I think your AMD CPU is the bottlenneck.

I been playing on a 3 GHz dual Core AMD for quite some time a few years ago and also wondered why it sucked such a lot compared to others.

Now my Intel i5 is almost 4 Years old and it's stil able to run about everything on it's stable 4 Ghz, which is quite amazing for this age imho...

btw. esp mmorpgs seems to be quite heavy with CPU usage.

Archived