Imperial network turnament stopped due to low viewing

azraelkun

i couldnt care less if they stopped. i only saw the same 4-5 ppl playing there and it became so boring to even join the stream for the "giveaways".

however i dont see this as a thing to worry about. just because nobody wanna watch arena streams or ppl doing dailies, it doesnt mean the game is dead or dying. the hype is just over.

i wont comment on bots,cheaters or rng-money-making-boxes since this is a whole different topic. :D

My first and last post on this forums.

I had played Aion for 8 years so I know NCSOFT. I started BNS with a new hope, I like the game, charakters, enviroment, pvp. I leveled 2 charakters to level 50 and they have medium gear. Dont have the time to grind endless gold for endless upgrades and neither willing to pay real cash for that as many are doing it.

Cheaters, bots, scripters who roam this game without any issues..... that`s bad.

A friend of mine told me to try Overwatch, knowing that the game is a shooter I told him that soon it will be full with Aimbots, just like Star Wars Battlefront but I had a surprise.

I looked up the internet about hacks and cheats and to my surprise I saw that everyone is afraid from Blizzard , they dont dare to post anything about cheats, the cheat developers said that they wont do anything because you cant mess with Blizzard. Blizzard sue a few companies which where in cheat business.

So the thing is that IT IS POSSIBLE for other companies to block and get rid of hackers and not only that, they can sue all the websites and companies who are selling or mentioning those cheats.

I canceled my subscription without getting mad, I is no use to be stressed about a game, it should be fun....BNS its no more.

P.S. In the last 2 years there is a big cheater community, in each game no matter what publisher (except Blizzard) people are cheating and hacking...

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Bushidosan said:

My first and last post on this forums.

I had played Aion for 8 years so I know NCSOFT. I started BNS with a new hope, I like the game, charakters, enviroment, pvp. I leveled 2 charakters to level 50 and they have medium gear. Dont have the time to grind endless gold for endless upgrades and neither willing to pay real cash for that as many are doing it.

Cheaters, bots, scripters who roam this game without any issues..... that`s bad.

A friend of mine told me to try Overwatch, knowing that the game is a shooter I told him that soon it will be full with Aimbots, just like Star Wars Battlefront but I had a surprise.

I looked up the internet about hacks and cheats and to my surprise I saw that everyone is afraid from Blizzard , they dont dare to post anything about cheats, the cheat developers said that they wont do anything because you cant mess with Blizzard. Blizzard sue a few companies which where in cheat business.

So the thing is that IT IS POSSIBLE for other companies to block and get rid of hackers and not only that, they can sue all the websites and companies who are selling or mentioning those cheats.

I canceled my subscription without getting mad, I is no use to be stressed about a game, it should be fun....BNS its no more.

P.S. In the last 2 years there is a big cheater community, in each game no matter what publisher (except Blizzard) people are cheating and hacking...

Just my 2 cents.

meanwhile they lose any battle against hackers company in Europe GL if you are in Europe. You can't rid of hacks. WoW have tons of hacks/BOTS just look honorbuddy vs Blizzard lawsuit in google Blizzard can't do nothing against them because the hacker company is in GERMANY! Overwatch is still in beta so hacks are private right now. next year they will come full force, also that game will not survive much in PC, it will be 100% xbox game and any competitive tournament will be held in xboxOne like all the others FPS games.

I have no idea who these imperial guys are, never heard of them. So I could care less if they shut down or not lol. Nobody needs their streaming service, I am pretty sure NcSoft can provide their own.

3 minutes ago, Mucski said:

I have no idea who these imperial guys are, never heard of them. So I could care less if they shut down or not lol. Nobody needs their streaming service, I am pretty sure NcSoft can provide their own.

Are you serious?

But... ppl claims that BnS is a pvp game. I'm lost...

Low viewers

No incentive from NCwest

No spectator client

The same people every tournament, because the number of pvpers farming to get HM skills and levels are reduced to almost nothing.

Look at GW2 pvp scene, Anet made a pvp lobby where gear/level doesn't matter, you can have your own arena with your rules, spectate, make mini-tournaments, it has dummies to practice builds, NPC's of each class to practice against... That's why their e-sport succeed. In BnS a pvper HAS to farm hundreds of hours in pve to get HM skills and HM levels.

A very know pvper on GW2 called TapDatMouse were playing Bns and enjoying it... The moment he saw that he'd have to farm a lot of gold in pve to get the HM skills and HM levels he just quit. That happened to one of the best player in GW2 called LordHelseth, just quit the game because it forces you to pve a lot.

1 hour ago, Mucski said:

I am more than serious.

Not sure about that, because you're talking about a "streaming service that NCSoft can provide" when the subject is a PvP tournament...

2 hours ago, raik7 said:

A very know pvper on GW2 called TapDatMouse were playing Bns and enjoying it... The moment he saw that he'd have to farm a lot of gold in pve to get the HM skills and HM levels he just quit. That happened to one of the best player in GW2 called LordHelseth, just quit the game because it forces you to pve a lot.

Of course u have, thats part of the Game. It's that way in Korea, China, Japan and Taiwan why should they create a new system?... Really do you Guys inform yourself before you start playing? Or just Yolo your way to max Level and realize that you have to Farm for your Stuff?

13 minutes ago, Misaika said:

Of course u have, thats part of the Game. It's that way in Korea, China, Japan and Taiwan why should they create a new system?... Really do you Guys inform yourself before you start playing? Or just Yolo your way to max Level and realize that you have to Farm for your Stuff?

lol NA is all about the yolo :)

What the guy above said. What did you expect? Enter arena level 1 and exit lvl 50 fully geared without touching an actual npc? This wouldn't be an mmorpg then, it would be mortal kombat korea edition....

that is the flaw in the game design, PVP doesnt need gear because it doesnt use it. the only place gear matters is getting to unlock Hongmoon skills which are the thing that determines if you can really participate in the Arena.

They shouldnt even get XP from the Arena. It should be something you can walk into from the Heaven's Reach after you do your spar training for the story line and get your skill book. The Skill book should have a Tab label Arena that has everything unlocked with the MAX skill points usable on that page for people that want to go stright into F9 and play in the arena.

That is the only way skill has anything to do with arena because people will be able to play it, not have to pay for it. Then the only factor in Arena is how stats are "balanced and the playes pings when connecting to a match.

The funny thing is, the whole game refers to it as the Worlds Martial Arts Tournament,  like DBZ did, but you never really hear anything about it in the storyline until you reach Zaiwei where you take part, win, and meet the false emperor, Empress Namsoyoo, and tell some feculant peon that you want to be Yumna Fei's bodyuard while watching Dochump get hauled off to jail.

I the game was about PVP, then it should have been accessible from the start. It wasn't, more of the West is interested in PVE and CAN go play Street Fighter for PVP, and those that might don't hav access to the arena early on enough or the things they need to play in it to care.

Again why PVE and PVP needs to be divorced in this game because the playstyles don't meet anywhere in the West. PVE players are quitting cause they are sick of being forced to do PVP, PVP players are quitting cause they are sick of doing PVE, and the game hasn't been out yet for 5 months. Of course people are quitting to go to new things that are what they claim to be. Even the ad on Adult Swim was th same shown on the previous stream where it was a fight against Jinsoyun. Highlighting the PVE side doesn't in ANY way say this game is about PVP and the people coming to it don't care about PVP.

Nobody hardcore fighting game will join the game because they don't want to do PVE to be able to do PVP in a Mortal Kombat korea version as you call it. Even the Season 1 seems to be ending early as F1 said in game earlier today, unless 2 weeks or so is a whole season since it began Apr 27. Sorry April 11, so it was a month, and the first season seems like it will be the games last arena season in NA/EU.

2 hours ago, Misaika said:

Yeah, big difference in having 5 years to farm the gold and hm skills and having a couple of months to do it. NA / EU players have no tolerance for hacks, no game has ever been successful in these markets that allowed these types of hacks / exploits to run rampant. 

@ all the silly pvers (only) in this thread. This game dies if pvp does, the fates of pvp and pve are tied as this is a pvx game. Sure you got plenty to do now while we are catching up to other servers, what do you think is going to happen in a few months once we are actually caught up ? When we dont have massive content releases every week ?

This is not a minor set back or the hype train ending, this is a catastrophe when it comes so quickly after release. One of this games best supporters has publicly given up on the game. You simply cannot view this as a minor issue because it isnt. I can assure you, this is not viewed as a minor set back at any of the ncs offices around the world. 

NCSW has a lot of work to do, or not if they continue down the same road they have been traveling. 

Guys as u saw ncsoft instead of stop hackers n bots they just removed the weapons from ssp.

Its clear to me that they dont want to spend a penny to fix problems .they dont even ban ppl. No gm since game went live.

If u think all this u will come to the conclusion that is a fast cash grab n that they will let our beloved game to rot.

Its sad n worrysome

Archived