Sign in to follow this  
Lunakitty

One easy tip for easier 4-man dungeons

I have noticed that people think after 2 times being in 4-man dungeon they are more than qualified to join in anytime. Maybe it might be so for some but most of the time people need way more experience until they can finally be able to do the dungeons with few mistakes allowed.

One thing that has appeared more clear than others is that too many people rely on FM or the Dragonblood in 6-mans to survive through certain points. Also there is no "random freeze" in yeti (people should see the spakles). In 6-man there is the indicator when to use skill to avoid getting frozen and this is making it much harder for people to learn for 4-man. Instead of focusing on what boss does they simply click on right time when the indicator tells.

So here is the one easy tip how to practice for 4-mans in 6-man dungeon. Make sure you have the option shown in picture unchecked. That makes it so that you cannot see the spacebar indicator and instead you have to learn the mechanism and animations.

3aM3XGJ.jpg

This was made as a must in my clan and I must say at first it was hard but eventually I learned to focus on the boss animations instead of relying on indicators that tells to dodge upcoming boss skill.

Zedonia   

That's great. People definitely should learn the mechanics. Most people in 4mans know what to do but there are so many who can't even do it in 6man with help. But I doubt many people will do this because most people take the easy way (let other carry them and insult them if they get told how shit they are).

vita   

I turn if off because it was confusing me when I was doing both 4 and 6-man, never turn it back on after that. It's actually makes it easier to learn mechanics this way without it being in the way.

Bastete   

Thats one of two things. There is a ground indicator too, that you should turn off. Even on simple 4man like Fang if you dont know what boss or even midboss will be doing you can drop dead. I see way too much random party members eating snow even on Fang cos they thought that boss will be doing something else (eg. they forgot that Naga King even being in the centre will jump there with aoe).

Edited by Bastete

Well I personally use it in 6 man to learn timing's , i think it was designed this way.. .

Shukran   

as a tank i usually do 6men sometimes to see ground marks, then i only llok at bosses animation because of basic attacks that do tons of damage that show NO ground marks.

then i 4men