Shadow Slash T5, Is it worth Getting?

Kaisra

It's worth or let's say essential if you are playing PvE with dark build and if you are playing PvP (be it arena or open world doesn't matter). 

If you're only playing PvE and with lighting build you don't need it. 

• Stage 1 Tier 5: Additional use on hit, reduces ending delay. Someone told me this is a godsend offensive skill in arena that does 10k damage; it's a guaranteed crit hit on stunned/dazed targets and is usable twice. However the high 45 second cooldown makes it seem not worth taking over Stage 3.
  • Stage 2 Tier 5: Recover 10 focus on kill, cooldown reset on kill. Not particularly impressive, since it's not a very powerful skill to begin with and has rather low range and high cooldown. It's pretty useless in just about anywhere.
  • Stage 3 Tier 5: 2x8 meter range, 1 poison on knockdown. This sees high use in PvP as one of our stunlockers, and its huge range means we don't need to hug our opponent for it, with a poison stack to boot. In situations that require knockdown in PvE (Sogun's Lament) you can take this as an option.
  • Stage 4 Tier 5, Venom Slash: Stacks 1 poison on hit, additional use on critical hit, no focus cost, 12 second cooldown. Godsend for PvE Dark build for more reliable poison stacks, and does impressively high damage on both uses plus Shadow Slash for its quick execution and low cooldown.

On 10/05/2016 at 5:41 AM, Shadovvv said:
  • Stage 1 Tier 5: Additional use on hit, reduces ending delay. Someone told me this is a godsend offensive skill in arena that does 10k damage; it's a guaranteed crit hit on stunned/dazed targets and is usable twice. However the high 45 second cooldown makes it seem not worth taking over Stage 3.
  • Stage 2 Tier 5: Recover 10 focus on kill, cooldown reset on kill. Not particularly impressive, since it's not a very powerful skill to begin with and has rather low range and high cooldown. It's pretty useless in just about anywhere.
  • Stage 3 Tier 5: 2x8 meter range, 1 poison on knockdown. This sees high use in PvP as one of our stunlockers, and its huge range means we don't need to hug our opponent for it, with a poison stack to boot. In situations that require knockdown in PvE (Sogun's Lament) you can take this as an option.
  • Stage 4 Tier 5, Venom Slash: Stacks 1 poison on hit, additional use on critical hit, no focus cost, 12 second cooldown. Godsend for PvE Dark build for more reliable poison stacks, and does impressively high damage on both uses plus Shadow Slash for its quick execution and low cooldown.

Usually, I'd rather have more utility than damage in PVP, because the damage will come if you can cc them, but against some classes where you don't need the kd S1T5 can do a godly combo. I saw some sin using lotus kick with this and it up your burst by a lot.

Stage 2 Tier 5 is really useful sometimes. I don't spec for it often, but when you need to clear multiple mob, it's incredible. You just need to set it up by getting a few mobs to different health. Considering sin don't have much aoe (some but with high cd), it's the way to clear lot of mobs. At the moment, I'd recommend it for awakened necropolis.

All in all, the other 2 are the ones I spec for usually. The huge range on S3T5 can take people offguard often. They just won't expect it. 

On 10.05.2016 at 11:41 AM, Shadovvv said:

I would say rather around 7k. It is best for fast, hard predictable situations, often letting you force enemy use escaping skill (Tab mostly), or in stunlock combos (because of  high dmg and speed with only 2 focus cost + poison stack).

Stage 2 Tier 5: Recover 10 focus on kill, cooldown reset on kill. Not particularly impressive, since it's not a very powerful skill to begin with and has rather low range and high cooldown. It's pretty useless in just about anywhere.

Huh? It is one of best Dungeons skill, since it was released. -.-

In dungeons like Dokumo, it is god skill, even in solo runs.

You lur mobs in one spot, throwing poison "bomb" (+ eventually hitting with Stride), then you spam with Shadow Slash (optionally Z for knockdown mobs, for extra dmg, if you are not sure if you can reset skill cooldown).

On average lur, you can hit +/- 10 times with Shadow Slash, which causing massive dmg, killing (or almost) most taken mobs

So it is one of BEST aoe skills for Sin.

So I suggest play less on stealth with RMB+F combo only.^^

Stage 2 seems rather easy to whiff with its short range, and is rather RNG reliant since it needs a critical hit to use twice. If the monster doesn't die from it, it goes into a very long cooldown.

Maybe in Awakened Necropolis it sees use since the mobs there have low HP, but its rather difficult to use it to its full potential because of the aforementioned issues with the skill.

stage 1 tier 5 can actually do 18k damage in pvp arena , yes 18k , how? first you need blue buff and opponent without escapes: catch him in ur web put flower down C stun 2 f 3 3 and watch ur damage. 

edit: you can SS RMB after 3 3 for another ~10-11k lightning stride or maybe more depending on poison stacks

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2016 at 9:01 AM, Quidam said:

Usually, I'd rather have more utility than damage in PVP, because the damage will come if you can cc them, but against some classes where you don't need the kd S1T5 can do a godly combo. I saw some sin using lotus kick with this and it up your burst by a lot.

Stage 2 Tier 5 is really useful sometimes. I don't spec for it often, but when you need to clear multiple mob, it's incredible. You just need to set it up by getting a few mobs to different health. Considering sin don't have much aoe (some but with high cd), it's the way to clear lot of mobs. At the moment, I'd recommend it for awakened necropolis.

All in all, the other 2 are the ones I spec for usually. The huge range on S3T5 can take people offguard often. They just won't expect it. 

How do we unlock Stage 2 Tier 5 by the way? I have all others unlocked.

5 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Eat a Royal Zen Bean. It costs 5k zen beans (4.5k if premium), aka Arena spam.

Oh! I actually just got enough yesterday from the Daily Challange! I'll do that instead of getting the outfit exchange tickets. Thanks :)

Archived