Forums

Currency Exchange ,,, wow, yet another unpleasant newbie surprise!!!

teoteodore

OK, so I'm at lvl13 and except for a bit of confusion and a lot of server stuttering, I'm starting to enjoy the game.  Enough to decide to buy $10 worth of NCoins from the online store.  I figure my first purchase will be a few unlocking thingies from the NPC.  WTF!!!  I can't exchange NCoin for gold until level 31???!!!  How was I suppose to know that?  But maybe there's hope ... maybe I can buy something with NCoin and sell it in the auction house (or whatever it is)?  I suspect there's a restriction there that I won't find out until I buy something useless.  So, guys, how do I convert NCoin into a few, maybe 10 or 20 gold?

Just now, teoteodore said:

OK, I'm level 13 and have 1 silver 92 copper --- I'm pretty sure I've not bought anything other than 2-3 windstrider transports (sp?)  I had my eye on buying 2 unsealing charms, and maybe 2-3 dumplings ... a total of 30+ silver.  I know, a big spender right?  But when it's taken this long to get 2 silver, how long might it take to get 30?  Is wanting to have 10 gold at this level so unreasonable?

considering most things that take gold not silver is at max level or in the 40s yea it kinda its. the quests you get higher up will give you more money just keep leveling.

9 minutes ago, Coremancer said:

unlock what from the npc, what do you need 10-20g for at lvl 13?

OK, I'm level 13 and have 1 silver 92 copper --- I'm pretty sure I've not bought anything other than 2-3 windstrider transports (sp?)  I had my eye on buying 2 unsealing charms, and maybe 2-3 dumplings ... a total of 30+ silver.  I know, a big spender right?  But when it's taken this long to get 2 silver, how long might it take to get 30?  Is wanting to have 10 gold at this level so unreasonable?

11 minutes ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

considering most things that take gold not silver is at max level or in the 40s yea it kinda its. the quests you get higher up will give you more money just keep leveling.

OK ... this is going no where.  How about this question instead?  Am I missing something about making silver or copper?  I would guess that if something as basic as an unsealing charm is being offered for 10s (or whatever) that I should expect to have earned somewhere near to that by now ... not 1silver 92 copper!

6 minutes ago, teoteodore said:

At your level, yes it's unreasonable.

You easily get dumplings by killing mobs and it being a random drop. Unsealing charms come from doing your Surveys that you get every 2 levels after level 10. Can't remember which surveys gives Unsealing charms but they are in there.

You're not going to need more than what you get from your quests as you level up. The money you get from your quests will perfectly sustain you.

Just go through the storyline, level up through it and side quests and you'll get enough money as you go along.

14 minutes ago, teoteodore said:

I had my eye on buying 2 unsealing charms, and maybe 2-3 dumplings ... a total of 30+ silver.

This should probably be spelled out for all new players: don't buy Dumplings, Healing Potions, Repair Tools, Unsealing Charms, and Keys from the NPC until you are swimming in gold at the level cap.

First, the NPCs are charging an outrageous high price for those, and you'd be able to buy them much cheaper (maybe with the exception of Unsealing Charms) from players on the marketplace. Second, as you level up, you'll get some of these items doing quests and taking surveys, so don't waste your money on the NPCs. Third, don't unseal or use a key unless it is something you absolutely have to have.

If you feel there are not enough dumplings and healing potions for your use, you could pick up Acquired Taste and Silver Cauldron as your crafting guilds. For repair tools, don't repair your weapon until it goes under 10 (or the game starts giving you warnings).

do, not, buy, unsealing charms and/or keys

you shouldnt need more than you have, good way to save charms is to skip blackram narrows` blight soul shield and just get the viridian valor at 20 with 8 viridian honor stones, skip tomb of exiles shield aswell, basically any purple shield worth 3 charms is a waste untill 45-50

*yetan beat me to it

you really don't need gold at that level LOL. get unsealing charms from surveys from leveling. the system is supposed to be in place to prevent bots from ruining currency exchange in an attempt to get people to buy their gold over the gold in CC, but that's failing anyways because NCSoft won't ban bots. the amount of level 50 bots is insane. :))) love u ncsoft

21 minutes ago, Ornata said:

you really don't need gold at that level LOL.

Now that I'm level capped, I can totally see this. But when I was level 13-ish and saw the price of dumplings, the first thing came to my mind was, "Damn, should've bought the founder's pack." I remember there was like 100g in the pack. Then, I thought, "Wait, they need to make the game playable to those without the pack too."

I can understand where the OP is from. If I did have the founder's pack, I'd probably bought the dumplings from the NPCs for 5s each. It is a good thing that they put level restrictions on currency exchange. Otherwise, new players would be easily falling into these "traps."

3 hours ago, teoteodore said:

OK, so I'm at lvl13 and except for a bit of confusion and a lot of server stuttering, I'm starting to enjoy the game.  Enough to decide to buy $10 worth of NCoins from the online store.  I figure my first purchase will be a few unlocking thingies from the NPC.  WTF!!!  I can't exchange NCoin for gold until level 31???!!!  How was I suppose to know that?  But maybe there's hope ... maybe I can buy something with NCoin and sell it in the auction house (or whatever it is)?  I suspect there's a restriction there that I won't find out until I buy something useless.  So, guys, how do I convert NCoin into a few, maybe 10 or 20 gold?

In my honest opinion, if you want to spend that 10$ to get some pocket change gold off the currency exchange, then don't. Currency exchange in this game at this state is all doomed. 

I highly don't recommend this as it is RMT selling and you 'might' get banned for it, but to get the most bang for your 10$ bucks. You can get 80-100 golds with that 10$ from "You can figure it out by yourself" ;)

But again, don't listen to me. Use that 10$ for costume or gem hammers or something because after all, NCsoft need your support ;)

3 hours ago, teoteodore said:

Oh I could remember when I was new when 30s was a lot of money, don't worry about money and don't buy stuff from the general merchant like everybody is saying. When you hit 50 you would be making 30~whatever gold a day once you start getting geared up to do the bigger dungeons that gives a lot of gold.

At 13 to be honest 10~20g is a lot of money since upgrading doesn't cost that much and a lot of stuff drops from monsters and surveys.

Best tip I can give you is that when you get Awakened Blight get a gem hammer from the supply so you an unlock your 4th gem slot for only 1 hammer. That will last you a while till you have to go from True Profane to Oathbreaker.

If you do decide to buy items from the in-game f10 store, be VERY sure that it is Tradable. I checked the Market, saw what was selling well, rushed to f10 and bought the item without checking. So, I have an item that I really did not need-not yet, at least-and can not sell. So, bear that in mind. Otherwise, good luck and welcome! :)

MichelleZ

Cerulean Order

Iksanun Server 

man why are are you even worrying about something liek this on your level? keep playing and leveling, you don't need any gold for that.

The first big Investment you will have to do (gold wise) is about level ~42 to upgrade the Hujikar weapon that costs about 8-9g in total, until then everything you need you get from questing.

Archived