Soul shackle and Imprison on Yeti

Rezonance

Does using Soul Shackle or Imprison prevent or have any effect on Yeti jump?

When running Avalanche Den, at times I would use Soul shackle + Imprison before Yeti jump in order to reset Wingstorm cooldown. My question is, does it delay Yeti from jumping?

I've ran Yeti over 100 times and have never see using shackle or imprison had any effect on it, but i've been called a f ** noob, retard for doing it.

dont use stage 1 shackles, it makes him delay skills, may lead to wipe

stage 4 is perfectly fine (and wayy better for bosses, hm version is simply amazing), imprison too, just dont snare him

It is simply a matter of knowing when and if you should snare so it's the same for both shackles (WL) and grasping root (sum). On a sidenote, you can cast imprison without having to snare him, just start casting when he's mid-air on a jump or when you see him stopping to use the frontal 180 angle AoE stun with his hands. The reason people dislike snares is that by snaring him, if the aggro holder moves behind him you delay his attack pattern and that can lead to a wipe in cases where you're using stun tactic for heat phase since the freeze debuff timer keeps running. Or when you delay him as he casts the ice cruxes and some party members mess up their timing for iframes, end up without enough to survive etc.

That said, there are some tactics that utilize snares to extend boss phases, allow for some free dps and even help to easily deal with cruxes; generally making the boss much easier. But they're all very dependant on knowing where the aggro holder is going to be most of the time. So if it's not you or an experienced friend that knows beforehand, the risk is too high and the reward is simply not worth it.

TLDR; best to spec out of snares for yeti since most players don't know how to use them.

Archived