Are the voice packs bannable or not?

Ciocolici

So, I've seen everywhere that people keep saying that using voice packs will not get you banned, and that even NCSoft said that they ban only people who use VISUAL mods. Knowing this, I was still scared. I wanted to use the japanese voice pack, not because the enlish one's horrible (which is true), but because the japanese one has voice dialogues to all quests and you get to experience the game in another way. Immersion, or how is it called. (english is not my native language)

So I contacted the support team with a ticket to MAKE SURE I will not get banned for using this, after I've already spent money on this game. And time. So, and now I'm really.. ****** up. I don't understand. He said "(...) regarding the Voice Pack, changing the Voice will fall under personal choice of the user. ", but then... he contradicted himself... saying "There is a chance that you may be caught by the Development Team and get banned if you are proven that you changed the Voice Pack."

So, I have the freedom to use the Voice Packs, but if I get caught I will get banned?! It's like telling a thief "You have the freedom to steal money, but you will get to jail.". It's like telling me I can hack, but if I get caught I get banned. What he said is contradictory. Is it allowed or not? He said it is allowed, but if I get caught I get banned. Then that means I am not allowed to.

What should I believe now? Please somebody make me understand!

Just received another answer on my ticket. He explained me how "changing the Voice Pack using unofficial files or programs is a violation on our User Agreement since the game client will be compromised and modified.". Ahem... ok...

1 minute ago, Ginki said:

if they ban me for using voice pack or wtfast, i will sue them for installing game guard without my authorisation. i read Terms of Service and there's nothing about game guard there

And since when are we not allowed to use things like wtfast? O.O For real!?!?!

if they ban me for using voice pack or wtfast, i will sue them for installing game guard on my PC without my authorisation. i read Terms of Service and there's nothing about game guard there

18 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

And since when are we not allowed to use things like wtfast? O.O For real!?!?!

WTFast is officially allowed but not supported. Voice packs are officially not "allowed" (same as visual mods, it's a modification of client files), but nobody cares.

6 hours ago, Thoron said:

It's a gray area , basically nc is saying use it if u want but u might get banned.

For the 5 billionth time, you can not and will not be banned for using voice packs. NCwest staff have stated this numerous times. The only thing that will happen is you will not get support from them if something goes wrong with your client because of the voice pack. And that is not a problem since you can simply re-download/install the client and back up your files.

Voice packs are official NCsoft BnS files and by using an alternative voice pack, you are simply swapping official files with official files. It doesn't affect gameplay or any other player.
I've been using the Korean voice pack since day 1 (that is my condition and I will not play the game without it. Period.) and have had no problems whatsoever. Just learn how to apply it correctly and you're fine.

27 minutes ago, ShadowExorcist said:

so long as there is a "risk" it means u can get banned

"Risk" does not mean you'll get banned, the Support team clearly said we could use voice packs. If it was bannable, they would of said that it was.

The "Risk" is:

4 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

NCwest staff have stated this numerous times. The only thing that will happen is you will not get support from them if something goes wrong with your client because of the voice pack.

Lmao you guys who says risk = u can get banned, you guys are too old school. You guys are too scared and *cricket*. They don't ban people for using such programs like wtfast and etc, hell they barely ban people who hack. And NO, they dont people for using voicepack. Aion has been out for 5years, people have been using korean/japanese voice pack and stream it, or use shugo console which disables the fps limit, Aidpsmeter and etc. No one has ever gotten banned for using the programs i just mentioned. Even if you get banned, it's just the guard system that detects something suspicious, ncsoft would easily unban you because it's just simply allowed because no harm to them. "Risk" is more likely referring the fact that you might get infected by virus and mess up the files. 

51 minutes ago, ShadowExorcist said:

so long as there is a "risk" it means u can get banned, i wont do it, invested too much into my account to get banned over a voice pack, i do want the japanese voices but nc soft is being so unclear wether or not we can do it

I interpret that 'Using them at your own risk' does not relate to 'Being possible to get ban', cause it will contradict to 'It's not prohibited' in the first place.

I think that the risk here is the chance of corruption of your clients, which can cause some unknown side-effects that would require fixing, a clean install of the client, or even re-install of your OS, to be able to play the game again.

Archived