What do you feel could be revised/fixed/improved upon?

Fexell

Hi again community,

Yesterday I submitted a post about a few thoughts I had about character slots and the outfit system. And while playing I thought about what others might want revised/fixed/improved. So I am asking You (whoever reads this) what you would like to see revised/fixed/improved? Can be anything from the programming (to developers to revise the code) and/or something in the actual game. I'm interested to see what people feel needs fixing the most. So; what do You feel could be revised, fixed and/or improved upon?

--

Just to keep the thread somewhat clean, here's a list of some of the things mentioned:

- Technical difficulties; such as fps (performance) and ping/connection problems (as well as starting the client among other things). Glitching, bugs, etc. included

- Animation canceling (how it's an explotation of game mechanics)

- Players using third-party software for auto-game-play (botting), and spammers

- Economy; in-game gold and Item Shop with things being too expensive, micro-transaction nightmare, etc.

- Cosmetics; Wardrobe flaws, etc.

- Service; developers, admins and moderators has too little presence in the community. Ability to contact GMs in-game

i wonder... maybe the stability, reduces crash and eliminating or at least reduce the occurrences of error 1000 132 10054 and its siblings.

Other thing maybe somewhat limit the ppl on the open bosses area somewhat..some poor souls out there can't properly hit the boss, even with ctrl-F.  and fix the firewall so no one will get BBQ'ed when over eager party just  mindlessly run ahead and trigger the boss fight.

and this might be controversial.. but.. i think having alternative to ani-cancel would be nice to have.

and i wonder if anyone will agree to have some sort of "reward" to revive or help faction mate during faction dailies, and perhaps a title for res-ing opposing faction member (say "Unholy Alliance") It will hopefully promote more positive attitude.

Already tossed out a suggestion or two. People disregarded and laughed. In the end, the player base is what brings down a game. Spenders for not spending wisely, hackers/macro users/bots and people in general just trolling around. 

Would like a more balanced Arena tie breaker system (which is currently rigged in favor of classes that don't heal or spend the match running away). 

Would love over the removal of macros or as the community sugar coats it "animation canceling". 

But will that happen? Nope! Best enjoy Scarlet Blade, I mean Blade and Soul while it lasts. xD 

Its really funny how all the problems of one MMORPG translates into another.

i would like safety from nc soft. They have a very shitty safety record , furthermore I would like a safe way to use. Programs like wtfast ping zapper etc without being swept in a ban wave.

instead of introducing these premium pay to progress / pay2win events. I would like to see double drop events for things like darts and moonstones since they are needed  en mass ( by the thousands )

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

i wonder... maybe the stability, reduces crash and eliminating or at least reduce the occurrences of error 1000 132 10054 and its siblings.

Other thing maybe somewhat limit the ppl on the open bosses area somewhat..some poor souls out there can't properly hit the boss, even with ctrl-F.  and fix the firewall so no one will get BBQ'ed when over eager party just  mindlessly run ahead and trigger the boss fight.

and this might be controversial.. but.. i think having alternative to ani-cancel would be nice to have.

and i wonder if anyone will agree to have some sort of "reward" to revive or help faction mate during faction dailies, and perhaps a title for res-ing opposing faction member (say "Unholy Alliance") It will hopefully promote more positive attitude.

From what I understand, Blade & Soul is coded to use your CPU more than your GPU. Of course, I don't know if that is true, but if it is, I guess the devs should take a look at their game engine and try to reverse this.

Yeah, I would love to see B&S become a more community/social game; a positive one.

1 hour ago, Thoron said:

i would like safety from nc soft. They have a very shitty safety record , furthermore I would like a safe way to use. Programs like wtfast ping zapper etc without being swept in a ban wave.

instead of introducing these premium pay to progress / pay2win events. I would like to see double drop events for things like darts and moonstones since they are needed  en mass ( by the thousands )

I don't know about the drop-rate part, but I think they basically are too lazy to get some proper coding done for recognizing bots. If they were to sit down and seriously code something meant to scan and find bots, they probably could do it. But then again; would they do it or would they not? I really don't know.

I haven't followed NCSoft that closely since pretty much none of their games have ever interested me, except of course for B&S. Would like to hear what peoples experience is with them as a company? Do they listen to the community, or just put finger in their ears, pretending everything's fine?

42 minutes ago, Thoron said:

iinstead of introducing these premium pay to progress / pay2win events. I would like to see double drop events for things like darts and moonstones since they are needed  en mass ( by the thousands )

I agree, double drop events for stingers and moonstones would be nice. Otherwise this is starting to feel like they are moving resources to the cash shop which is no longer fun.

1 hour ago, Nattia said:

I agree, double drop events for stingers and moonstones would be nice. Otherwise this is starting to feel like they are moving resources to the cash shop which is no longer fun.

Should not mention moving drop items to cash or they might pick up on it.  :(

3 minutes ago, Fexell said:

Should not mention moving drop items to cash or they might pick up on it.  :(

Well I wouldn't be able to afford that so I would stop playing and many others, so don't worry this is not happening :P

1 hour ago, Nattia said:

Well I wouldn't be able to afford that so I would stop playing and many others, so don't worry this is not happening :P

Let's hope not. :)

That gave me a funny thought, though. What would be the absolute deal breaker to leave their game that they (NCSoft) could do? Like; what would make you leave the game without a second thought?

There's so much that I love of BnS, and at the same time so much that needs improving. 

1. Startup times are hell, if I get a network disconnection at the beginning of a dungeon, I give up trying to return, by the time I do the dungeon is almost guaranteed to be over. 

2. The launcher always checking files takes too much time. If I didn't having to go through it each time there's a disconnect that'd be lovely. Why can't I just use the client's login screen, and not have it close down whenever there's a problem? 

3. There needs to be some kind of cache of the loaded area. It's ridiculous that I waste over a minute on an SSD to switch between characters that are in the same town/area (often in the same spot), or that respawning inside an instance takes around 15 seconds (if I were alive, running back to the entrance would had been faster ._.). 

4. Blocks should be account based, not character based. Why each of my alts have their own block list? Why must I block each of another accounts alts? Makes no sense.

5. Upgrade requirements should be revised, probably lowered for older content. Once you are stronger than needed to clear current content, the grind to maximizing damage is sort of irrelevant, it gives people something to do. Yet, if you leave that grind in place when there's new content, that becomes an awful blockade against catching up, specially if the amount of players available to help you diminishes. 

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it there for now. 

Bonus: remove the lame "IP verification" process, or at least allow me to use wildcards to whitelist my provider. Since I dual boot to play BnS, I have to validate my IP pretty much everyday, and I have to do that as well if I try to use the forums from my cell phone while out. >_<

1 hour ago, Skotlex said:

There's so much that I love of BnS, and at the same time so much that needs improving. 

1. Startup times are hell, if I get a network disconnection at the beginning of a dungeon, I give up trying to return, by the time I do the dungeon is almost guaranteed to be over. 

2. The launcher always checking files takes too much time. If I didn't having to go through it each time there's a disconnect that'd be lovely. Why can't I just use the client's login screen, and not have it close down whenever there's a problem? 

3. There needs to be some kind of cache of the loaded area. It's ridiculous that I waste over a minute on an SSD to switch between characters that are in the same town/area (often in the same spot), or that respawning inside an instance takes around 15 seconds (if I were alive, running back to the entrance would had been faster ._.). 

4. Blocks should be account based, not character based. Why each of my alts have their own block list? Why must I block each of another accounts alts? Makes no sense.

5. Upgrade requirements should be revised, probably lowered for older content. Once you are stronger than needed to clear current content, the grind to maximizing damage is sort of irrelevant, it gives people something to do. Yet, if you leave that grind in place when there's new content, that becomes an awful blockade against catching up, specially if the amount of players available to help you diminishes. 

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it there for now. 

Bonus: remove the lame "IP verification" process, or at least allow me to use wildcards to whitelist my provider. Since I dual boot to play BnS, I have to validate my IP pretty much everyday, and I have to do that as well if I try to use the forums from my cell phone while out. >_<

Yes. This seems to be a problem for a lot of players. I don't know how they have coded the game, but they most certainly need to take a close look to see what they can improve in their code. I just get the feeling that NCSoft doesn't want to take this game as far as they could, which is like a slap in the face.

Would love to see some comments from someone who was present in the programming/coding phase of the game/game engine. But that is most probably just wishful thinking, sadly.

As a relatively new player, I hit level 45 about a month after the Silverfrost patch was released. Based on my personal experience, I think the cost of upgrading pre-45 gear should be reduced, so that new players won't hit the wall of grind at level 45, rather than the level cap of 50.

A couple of changes that could be considered:

- reduce the gold cost of breakthrough on gears that are pre-Oathbreaker (considering we are losing the Pirate path on June 1st)

- further reduce the material cost of Moonwater Transformation Stone.

1 hour ago, Yetan said:

As a relatively new player, I hit level 45 about a month after the Silverfrost patch was released. Based on my personal experience, I think the cost of upgrading pre-45 gear should be reduced, so that new players won't hit the wall of grind at level 45, rather than the level cap of 50.

A couple of changes that could be considered:

- reduce the gold cost of breakthrough on gears that are pre-Oathbreaker (considering we are losing the Pirate path on June 1st)

- further reduce the material cost of Moonwater Transformation Stone.

Yes, please. I think they should remove the gold cost of upgrading weapons, etc. The material needed for the upgrade should be enough (which usually takes a couple of times to get from those RNG-based weapon chests). Or at least keep the cost relatively the same throughout the leveling process.

1 hour ago, FilipeKun said:

Perfomance, Some drop rates (yeah this rng sometimes kill us, wen is not about luck)

Rng - BS m4 im about luck, u just cryin ou 8D

me - yeah sure, that's why everyone complain about you on certain outfits (Red mask, etc) and principally on hujikar.

Rng - well them problem, better luck nex.... *gets interrupted*

me - better luck on my ass.

*sry couldn't resist this xD*

maybe limit channels? like nowadays there's more high ap players making some players can't give enough dmg to certain bosses (grand harvest, ssp, etc), also sometimes it makes game freeze for 20 seconds making me and few players can't do anything (principally meeles).

24 man for me would be enough (maybe even 12?)

ooooh and also this, balance terrors (YEAH BALANCE THEM, i get more pissed with them instead with ani cancel.) 5~15% nerf would be enough, isn't need much or there wouldn't be fun.

Change some stuffs on premium (okkey not some stuffs but one thing i would love they do ....)

Wardrobe, free, srsly, sick on wasting storage and inventory spaces e.e, others regions is free, why not here? NCSoft would win more money if it was free

in exchange of

let premium players salvage outfits, wen lowest the outfit (starting with stalker), lowest the change for get fabrics, wen higher the outfit (like profane) higher chance for get fabrics, this suggestion was suggested on a Wardrobe topic few days ago and i see a great suggestion + even if it would need to buy premium for do that, anleast fabrics wouldn't become p2w (since fabrics can only be obtainable by hm store outfits, and they cost lots ....).

maybe for fail into salvaging outfits, gives a "broken fabric fragment"? and with a x amount can make 1 fabric? (p.s - maybe not recommended due premium bots would farm lots of stalker essences n do that way ..... who knows, on the post with the suggestion, there was something talking about restricting bots to salvage outfits)

^ here's the post.

Ik wardrobe is a epic part on premium, and that makes premium usefull, but come on, do u NCSoft want to lose players? i don't think so ....

Improve report system

FIXE SOME BUGS, GETTING STUCK ON CERTAIN STAIRS, MAP GLITCHES, ETC.....

Do something about currency exchange, if the currency system was for be like this, better shut down currency exchange than, due those events, currency exchange is broke .... and i feel sad to see a awesome system like this .....

And, for NCSoft ... be more positive, like, communicate more with the community on forums, not everyone check reddit, twitter or even live stream, i checked today Devtracker and i was like, omg is this what devs do? i felt shamed to see this awesome game with this kind of communication between devs and players.

I completely agree on the outfit/wardrobe part, which was what my previous post (that I submitted last night) was about:

59 minutes ago, Fexell said:

Let's hope not. :)

That gave me a funny thought, though. What would be the absolute deal breaker to leave their game that they (NCSoft) could do? Like; what would make you leave the game without a second thought?

if it becomes too expensive and bots take over ssp on my server, and right now its heading in this direction. they will lose in the long run with such approach.

1 hour ago, Nattia said:

if it becomes too expensive and bots take over ssp on my server, and right now its heading in this direction. they will lose in the long run with such approach.

Well, it isn't exactly expensive per-say, rather that you have to do a sh*t ton of micro-transactions for each item you need. Need a new character slot? Fill up your balance to afford the new slot. Need more inventory space? Buy more NCoins to get this done. And after a while you will look at a pretty large amount money spent. I would actually prefer to see a monthly subscription plan with everything included (kind of like World of Warcraft-style) than to have to do tons of micro-transactions. But that's the state of the world is at today: micro-transaction after micro-transaction.

I'm also starting to wonder what the in-game survey does. No freaking way that someone from NCSoft is going through them. Does anyone even take those surveys seriously? Such a waste of time, and resources.

Really, the economy needs to be rebalanced a bit. As has been said in other threads, the reason why BnS is plagued with so many gold sellers, while other games (like TERA) are not, is because the way the economy is set up encourages them. Certainly, as others in this thread have said, as a first step, make pre-level 50 stuff a lot cheaper and easier to upgrade.

One thing I would love too see change is the grind to evolve your gear once you hit lvl45. For those of us who have a life and therefore only play a few hours a night it seems like we will never be able too fully evolve our gear since it can take a week just too collect the gold and mats to evolve just 1 item and I know that time will grow in the future with the costs and mats needed increasing as you continue to evolve an item.

Also I would love too see the bugs fixed that has been in the game since day 1 like the swimming bug or the screen jumping when you attack a mob in certain areas. I would also love too see Soul stones acquired other then from PvP since the factions are so imbalanced and there are a ton of hackers making it 0 fun for a lot of players to acquire them.

Except of the already mentioned aspects, I'd love to see Guild Wars 2's co-op open world PvE approach, instead of the competitive (and maybe hostile?) approach BnS uses. Like that every player can farm every crafting material node, without the "fear" of another player stealing it right before your eyes. And yet, the demand in the auction house or equivalent has always been there.

But I also fear that this approach would be counterproductive against bots.

6 things.

First, would be to fix the performance issues many people have, because the game uses too much CPU, instead of GPU.

Second, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THE JAPANESE LANGUAGE!! I don't care about copywright issues and whatever. I, want, to, use, it, legally! Not using Voice Packs, which are a violation on the User Agreement, since the game client gets compromised and modified.

Third, Bots and sppamers. But that's a subject well known. But, it is a problem you see on every free-to-play MMORPG out there, but I have the fix.

Forth, the fix. No longer F2P, neither P2P (as many suggest), but B2P. Buy to play is the way. It will - the bots and the spammers A LOT.

Fifth, the devs, moderators, admins, GMs, however you want to call 'em. They should start to be active on the forums. Answering to people. Saying stuff. You can manipulate people, masses, so easy if you are friendly and you know how to talk. But what do they do? They just stay in the shadow. That's not a good thing. They give the community a sensation of emptiness, like the game has no staff at all and no freakin' GM.

Sixth, and the last, a GM contacting system IN-GAME. With actual GMs. I know this is something outdated, but I believe it would actually work. Like, you see a bot, you contact that GM which is paid to stay there in-game, he comes where you saw him, then he bans that bot. And so on. You get stuck? You have a problem? The in-game GM system saves you!

Just to keep the thread somewhat clean, here's a list of some of the things mentioned:

- Technical difficulties; such as fps (performance) and ping/connection problems (as well as starting the client among other things). Glitching, buggs, etc. included

- Players using third-party software for auto-game-play (botting)

- Economy; in-game gold and Item Shop with things being too expensive, micro-transaction nightmare, etc.

One simple thing that would make the game more fun would be to add 5-10% to all the % drop chances. I mean, how often have you ever seen anything out of a daily reward chest besides a healing potion/repair tool/key? It would not hurt at all if the chances of say, a brilliant key, were improved.

I would like to see loot drops improved in general.

After all, what it comes down to, when deciding whether to keep playing the game is this: is it fun? I'm getting to the point where the game is ceasing to be fun, and that's when I go and play something else instead. It's not as if I didn't have other things to go to.

22 minutes ago, Fexell said:

- Technical difficulties; such as fps (performance) and ping/connection problems (as well as starting the client among other things). Glitching, buggs, etc. included

- Players using third-party software for auto-game-play (botting)

And herein lies the problem with these forums. Too many idiotic complaints paired with legitimate ones. 

I see 2.5 legitimate complaints here.

The tech difficulties, hacking, and botting are definitely real concerns for the future of the game.

The economy/gear grind is gradually getting better with each update and they are giving players more ways to catch up gear wise. But I concede that it could be much better.

Animation canceling is pretty much a feature at this point. The game is balanced around it and its actually makes the game better by increasing the skill ceiling. It will NEVER be changed nor should it be. Many games have ani-cancel features and its not considered an exploit.

Wardrobe...seriously...just...stop. It was designed as an incentive for premium. That's what cosmetics are for, let them have it. I'm a f2p guy and you don't see me whining about a purely cosmetic experience.

Then you have people wanting the game to go b2p. No, from a purely business perspective this would be dumb as the f2p model makes WAY more money. 

1 hour ago, Rockbridge said:

And herein lies the problem with these forums. Too many idiotic complaints paired with legitimate ones. 

I see 2.5 legitimate complaints here.

The tech difficulties, hacking, and botting are definitely real concerns for the future of the game.

The economy/gear grind is gradually getting better with each update and they are giving players more ways to catch up gear wise. But I concede that it could be much better.

Animation canceling is pretty much a feature at this point. The game is balanced around it and its actually makes the game better by increasing the skill ceiling. It will NEVER be changed nor should it be. Many games have ani-cancel features and its not considered an exploit.

Wardrobe...seriously...just...stop. It was designed as an incentive for premium. That's what cosmetics are for, let them have it. I'm a f2p guy and you don't see me whining about a purely cosmetic experience.

Then you have people wanting the game to go b2p. No, from a purely business perspective this would be dumb as the f2p model makes WAY more money. 

Okay, I think you are missing the problem concerned the wardrobe. I'm gonna quote myself here:

-

The second thing that has been bothering me is the system for cosmetics (such as outfits), that you can buy from the shop.

It is complete bulls*it that outfits cannot be shared between alts without having to pay for it. And for what I understand, they aren't even shared among alts even if you can access the wardrobe (which has made me decide not to become a premium member). That I have to pay each outfit for every individual character I have, or buy digital stamps to send them, is nonsense. Just complete nonsense.

It would be like buying a piece of clothing (in real life), but you can ONLY use that outfit as long as you stay in the store, and then having to pay a fee everytime you wanna take it with you. Sounds stupid right? Right!

I think a lot of players choose not buy outfits just for the fact that you cannot share the outfit with your alts, including me to some degree (have still bought a few). Again we stumble upon the problem of having to be very critical in your choice - but in this case - about an outfit. If you could share an outfit with your alts (without having to pay for it), I think more people would actually buy them.

This also includes for outfits that have a really low drop rate. If you farm a dungeon and finally get that really cool outfit (after about 100-200 tries), there is no way I would do it a second time. I want to be able to use this cool outfit that I farmed the sh*t out of to get on my alts as well, without having to buy tons of digital stamps; which is like the biggest b*tch slap ever.

Let's put it in this perspective:

You're at an amusment-park and pay to bet at a fortune wheel. You bet the same number, say 22 times in a row, and you finally win - only to find out that you only won the privilege to buy the price. No! Give me my freaking teddy bear!!

Archived