Sign in to follow this  
Grimstar

I have no choice but to use ping improving programs

Grimstar   

I've been playing since launch, first few months everything went fine, then after the lv 50 cap update, i started noticing more delay on my skills. Me and a rl friend both have the same internet provider (telenet-belgium), while another friend uses (belgacom-belgium). We both have delays, and the friend with belgacom can play perfectly normal, while he lives 2 streets further.

The problem aint my provider, this is my internet speed:

5311800951.png

My pc specs: Intel i5 6600k, 16gb ram ddr4, AMD Radeon R9 280, and i'm playing on my ssd. So my pc should be more then enough for bns.

I've been testing all kinds of guides, but nothing seems to work. Now i've found WTFast, a program to increase my ping to bns servers (https://www.wtfast.com/), i heard people can get banned for using this? Is that true? Since it became the only way i could play normally. I know i aint the only one with these delay problems, since i've seen ALOT of my guildmates quit cause of it.

I guess it's only normal that we dont have perfect ping, if the servers are located in Texas, while we play in EU. But having 1-2s delays on skills, isnt playable.

I'm really becoming desperate, i really like this game, but cmon NCSoft it feels like i'm playing in a 3th world country with these kind of servers...

16 minutes ago, 884156_1452550506 said:

I've been testing all kinds of guides, but nothing seems to work. Now i've found WTFast, a program to increase my ping to bns servers (https://www.wtfast.com/), i heard people can get banned for using this? Is that true? Since it became the only way i could play normally. I know i aint the only one with these delay problems, since i've seen ALOT of my guildmates quit cause of it.

I don't know why they would ban you for using it. I have to use it playing from the Philippines. My average ping is 230 to 290 with it...guess what it would be without it. WTFast is not a cheat program, it does not enhance game play or modify the game client or files. It is a 'secure' internet connection that allows a person to play an online game. Banning someone for using this program would be asinine in my opinion.

Thoron   

I agree with you , it's *cricket*ing bullshit that nc bans over the use of programs like WTF fast, and yet do very little to help its player base.

sadly nc stand on it is if u use it and get banned , tough shit. It is an un supported 3rd party app, and if by chance u use a port that is being used by the botters/hackers , u get swept up in the ban waves.

also I would like to add that it's been proven that the servers are located in NA/EU respectively ( via ping plotter ) however it seems that the log in sever is in NA. What is actually causing this horrible lag with some ISP's is the routing through LEVEL 3. 

LEVEL 3 is a company that provides infer structure to large companies so they can operate , think of it as an ISP for ISP's. If you were to use ping plotter (name of the program ) it would show u how u are routed and I'm 100% sure u would have sub 30 ping until u reach the LEVEL 3 node where ur ping will spike like a mofo.

ironically using wtfast and programs of the like actually may fix this by changing ur routing , but the trade off is that nc might ban you.

Archess   
27 minutes ago, 884156_1452550506 said:

I've been playing since launch, first few months everything went fine, then after the lv 50 cap update, i started noticing more delay on my skills. Me and a rl friend both have the same internet provider (telenet-belgium), while another friend uses (belgacom-belgium). We both have delays, and the friend with belgacom can play perfectly normal, while he lives 2 streets further.

5311800951.png

My pc specs: Intel i5 6600k, 16gb ram ddr4, AMD Radeon R9 280, and i'm playing on my ssd. So my pc should be more then enough for bns.

I guess it's only normal that we dont have perfect ping, if the servers are located in Texas, while we play in EU. But having 1-2s delays on skills, isnt playable.

I'm really becoming desperate, i really like this game, but cmon NCSoft it feels like i'm playing in a 3th world country with these kind of servers...

Me and another friend also have Telenet (Belgium) as well, ive recently also started using WTFast as it was impossible to play my KFM, but this issue goes way back to the warlock patch, it just felt like i always sucked on the reactionary buttons like F and iframes,

With WTFast i can play it normally, but the weird this is that ping is the same on my connection or WTFast, but without WTFast i have 1-2 second delays, i have tried everything even exhchaning my telenet modem and re-doing my entire network.

I also have done every guide i can do, my pc attains a decent 60-120 fps at all times, except in stuff like SSP or Blackwyrm

Edited by Archess

Thoron   

@Archess please refer to my post on why wtfast fixes ur issue.

further more the warlock thing is 50% ping and 50% poor coding

warlocks F skill (rupture) is poorly coded and is linked with other skills that compete for priority at times, however with sub 35 ping this issue becomes non apparent. This is from experience since I'm a warlock main. 

Sadly since I'm at work I can not link u the sources to the posts where ping plotter was tested.

source : warlock main with sub 40 ms ( on a good day when the planets align and the blue moon is out.

*also routed through LEVEL 3

Archess   
7 minutes ago, Thoron said:

please refer to my post on why wtfast fixes ur issue.

did a quick search for your post, but cannot seem to find it, ill check later when i got time to look for it.

Thoron   

@Archess it's in this topic , I have a brief summary of why wtf last might fix the issue. I was not the one who originally discovered it , but I can't site the source at the moment 

Mastrof   

''Ping Booster'' is just a fancy name for gamers to call the VPN. Its just that, a vpn... You will still have a higher ping than an american, but you will have no lag that is diferent that having ping (200 ms or whatever you have). Im from south america and without a VPN sometimes i got like 1 to 3 seconds of lag, that i cant do anything, its imposible to play like that (it showed up like a month ago, before that was working excelent!) with a VPN i got like 150-200 and it works perfect. If i do a speedtest to texas where its the server i got also 150-200ms.

Thoron   
34 minutes ago, Mastrof said:

''Ping Booster'' is just a fancy name for gamers to call the VPN. Its just that, a vpn... You will still have a higher ping than an american, but you will have no lag that is diferent that having ping (200 ms or whatever you have). Im from south america and without a VPN sometimes i got like 1 to 3 seconds of lag, that i cant do anything, its imposible to play like that (it showed up like a month ago, before that was working excelent!) with a VPN i got like 150-200 and it works perfect. If i do a speedtest to texas where its the server i got also 150-200ms.

I got a different result by testing different servers /ports , and some made it worse , but I did eventually find one that worked.

im from Canada with a usual ping of 40-50

Grimstar   
1 hour ago, Archess said:

Me and another friend also have Telenet (Belgium) as well, ive recently also started using WTFast as it was impossible to play my KFM, but this issue goes way back to the warlock patch, it just felt like i always sucked on the reactionary buttons like F and iframes,

With WTFast i can play it normally, but the weird this is that ping is the same on my connection or WTFast, but without WTFast i have 1-2 second delays, i have tried everything even exhchaning my telenet modem and re-doing my entire network.

I also have done every guide i can do, my pc attains a decent 60-120 fps at all times, except in stuff like SSP or Blackwyrm

Good to know that there are others with the same provider having the same problems, as i said, a friend of mine uses belgacom, and he has no problems at all. It's all on NCSoft's side, but they are to cheap to invest in decent 2016 servers i guess

Archess   
4 minutes ago, 884156_1452550506 said:

Good to know that there are others with the same provider having the same problems, as i said, a friend of mine uses belgacom, and he has no problems at all. It's all on NCSoft's side, but they are to cheap to invest in decent 2016 servers i guess

I am not all to sure about if its on the servers end though, Telenet does something that is called Packet Shaping to an excesive amount, wrapping it up in a WTFast connection supposedlty bypasses the packet shaping that this provider does.

It caused for me many disconnects while playing Destiny on ps4, because it will terminate a p2p connection to the server in favor of a new connection etc etc bad stuff

On 5/9/2016 at 8:18 PM, 884156_1452550506 said:

5311800951.png

Hi, 

This type of problems will happen when you are playing on your out o country servers, I think your friend is using Gaming VPN for this. I suggest you to check "Gaming VPN". This guide will definitely resolve this high ping or lag issue.

Thanks,
Kyle

Grimoir   

I am also from Belgium but i am using Scarlet as provider.

anyways.... just because you check your download / upload speed doesnt mean its not a problem with your ISP.

Each ISP has different routes they connect through to the US. Most likely there is a jump somewhere down that road.

I am using WTFast since the start and it helps me a lot.

Grimstar   
On 12-5-2016 at 2:31 PM, Grimoir said:

I am also from Belgium but i am using Scarlet as provider.

anyways.... just because you check your download / upload speed doesnt mean its not a problem with your ISP.

Each ISP has different routes they connect through to the US. Most likely there is a jump somewhere down that road.

I am using WTFast since the start and it helps me a lot.

What can i do to find the problem? Me and a friend (same ISP), both are coming to a point that we play less, cause we are getting tired of this lag. Another friend (with another ISP) doesnt have this much lag. It's probly a combination of my ISP and the NCSoft servers. Tho in all my years of gaming, i've never seen this kind of problem ingame, and i play all other games perfectly fine.. 

I aint gonna switch my provider, cause i cant play 1 game :/

2 hours ago, 884156_1452550506 said:

What can i do to find the problem?

1: Download PingPlotter

2: Trace Target: 206.127.158.1

3: Routing issue would look something like:

2cejmvr.png

With steady routing NCSofts potato server looks like:

3BuqA7N.png

TFW 423ms should be sub 40ms:

7477846239188242185.jpeg___1_500_1_500_c

Edited by Bruce Chi

Grimstar   

I've tried pingplotter:

Ping_Plotter1.jpg

I guess the spikes are packet loss? So is it my ISP's fault or the server?