5 Quick Tips to leveling fast in blade and soul! :)

Koter

I had so many tips but I couldn't fit them all in, so I will call this part 1 for now :)

Do you all have any tips on how to level up fast for my next video let me know.

1 hour ago, Negaimu said:

Nice job. Not sure if there are many vids like this on yt that talk about such low level stuff : ) community needs more helping like this.

Its all common sense unless really unless you are a pineal gland amputee

2 hours ago, Negaimu said:

Nice job. Not sure if there are many vids like this on yt that talk about such low level stuff : ) community needs more helping like this.

I know right. I couldn't find any on youtube.

I Have to ask, why would you level Fast?

End level sucks.(Unless you love the never ending grind to get... what 1000AP?) Seriously, gear grind is something i stoped doing a long time ago.

It gets so boring Very Fast.

So since level50 is Max and will be max for a long time, why rush there? The HM extra levels? Screw that, just another grind.(Try grind to 100/105 as Barb in PWI and then see if you ever wanna grind again.)

4 minutes ago, Bardo said:

I Have to ask, why would you level Fast?

End level sucks.(Unless you love the never ending grind to get... what 1000AP?) Seriously, gear grind is something i stoped doing a long time ago.

It gets so boring Very Fast.

So since level50 is Max and will be max for a long time, why rush there? The HM extra levels? Screw that, just another grind.(Try grind to 100/105 as Barb in PWI and then see if you ever wanna grind again.)

I ask myself that too. In World of Warcraft, the mmo i played before this one, everyone always rushed to max level ASAP. I don't know why lol. It's just a thing people like to do. /shrug

4 minutes ago, Koter said:

I ask myself that too. In World of Warcraft, the mmo i played before this one, everyone always rushed to max level ASAP. I don't know why lol. It's just a thing people like to do. /shrug

lol, that reminds me when i played WoW, i was also rushing at start and before i knew it, i had 2accounts full of max level characters and i ran my own instances like that.(was easy to get gear for my new characters that way.)

About the topic, it's a nice video guide.

2 hours ago, Bardo said:

lol, that reminds me when i played WoW, i was also rushing at start and before i knew it, i had 2accounts full of max level characters and i ran my own instances like that.(was easy to get gear for my new characters that way.)

About the topic, it's a nice video guide.

ty :)

your suggestion to get blackram purple soulshield is horrible, especially for new players. you need 2 unsealing charms for each 1, and the stats they will have and the number of the stats are random(low, minimum, max). i'm surprised that you didn't even mention this important detail? what if you get stats that are worse than the Viridian Valor soul shield? the same for Infernal soul shield at 36lvl, and those require 3 unsealing charms for each. if you have unsealing charms go for it, but i suggest you to keep what stats you get from 1st of each soul shield you unseal. if you waste multiple 3 unsealing charms just for 1 soul shield to get the stats you want and max number, you will run out of unsealing charms without realizing when they run out, and they cost 10s+20c each

I've only leveled one character to 50, and another alt at 23. I feel questing is the fastest way to level: do the main story line and side/daily quests that are nearby. Grinding for soul shields or class weapons are very inefficient in terms of gaining experience, so I don't do it unless it is absolutely necessary (i.e. that class weapon which never dropped). I also feel the soul shields that can be bought via valor stones are good enough for leveling, so I won't go out of my ways to grind soul shields before level cap.

1 hour ago, Ginki said:

your suggestion to get blackram purple soulshield is horrible, especially for new players. you need 2 unsealing charms for each 1, and the stats they will have and the number of the stats are random(low, minimum, max). i'm surprised that you didn't even mention this important detail? what if you get stats that are worse than the Viridian Valor soul shield? the same for Infernal soul shield at 36lvl, and those require 3 unsealing charms for each. if you have unsealing charms go for it, but i suggest you to keep what stats you get from 1st of each soul shield you unseal. if you waste multiple 3 unsealing charms just for 1 soul shield to get the stats you want and max number, you will run out of unsealing charms without realizing when they run out, and they cost 10s+20c each

This. Among the soul shields that require Unsealing Charms, I'd start with Bloodshade one (start with blue as you do 24-man and replace them with purple as you get them from both 24 and 6-man). None of the soul shields before that one is worth spending charms on. My SS progression would be Stalker (lvl 6) -> Viridian (lvl 20) -> Cinderlands (lvl 36), then go for Bloodshade (lvl 45). Decent stats overall that will last you throughout Act 4 and still let you be decent enough to farm the other dungeons for better SS (lvl 45-50).

Then again, that was before Silverfrost. Now that it's out, I suppose you could settle for the Silverfrost Valor set and skip Bloodshade if you like (though blue one costs 1 charm per set IIRC, so that's still not too bad a deal, I presume), but I haven't got that far with newly created chars yet to tell you for sure if it's actually a good idea.

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

This. Among the soul shields that require Unsealing Charms, I'd start with Bloodshade one (start with blue as you do 24-man and replace them with purple as you get them from both 24 and 6-man). None of the soul shields before that one is worth spending charms on. My SS progression would be Stalker (lvl 6) -> Viridian (lvl 20) -> Cinderlands (lvl 36), then go for Bloodshade (lvl 45). Decent stats overall that will last you throughout Act 4 and still let you be decent enough to farm the other dungeons for better SS (lvl 45-50).

Then again, that was before Silverfrost. Now that it's out, I suppose you could settle for the Silverfrost Valor set and skip Bloodshade if you like (though blue one costs 1 charm per set IIRC, so that's still not too bad a deal, I presume), but I haven't got that far with newly created chars yet to tell you for sure if it's actually a good idea.

Unsealing Charms were not the problem while leveling, unless you unseal everything comes your way. Surveys and quests give plenty of them. Keys were more of a problem if RNG doesn't treat you nicely on weapon boxes.

Going to Bloodshade at level 45 is just not practical for a new player at this point in game, unless you have friends and family carry you to farm the dungeons over and over, or buy the emblems with Ncoins to exchange for the soul shields. For me, the moonwater valor shields were good enough before I got the silverfrost valor ones. The green E Fleet crit shields are less than 10s even for #8 on my server, so I'd just fuse the valor ones with some cheap buys from marketplace if that's available.

Love the random that tried to downplay this as "common sense" lol.. always one of those jerks in the positive threads.

This video serves purpose. You wouldnt believe how many new players i had to teach to just upgrade their HM weapon & hm accessories. So many thought they just get new weapons progressively. They also used trash bopae instead of holding on  to vridian  or narrows set. New players dont just  magically learn the righ way to get through the leveling faster.

Videos like this serve a good purpose.

21 hours ago, Negaimu said:

Love the random that tried to downplay this as "common sense" lol.. always one of those jerks in the positive threads.

This video serves purpose. You wouldnt believe how many new players i had to teach to just upgrade their HM weapon & hm accessories. So many thought they just get new weapons progressively. They also used trash bopae instead of holding on  to vridian  or narrows set. New players dont just  magically learn the righ way to get through the leveling faster.

Videos like this serve a good purpose.

Thank you. I said at the start, my video was created for new players. You all have no idea how many times Ive had to tell my friends that they dont need to discard their hongmoon weapons and accessories for better ones because they can be upgraded as they level up. Also the soul shield from blackram narrows will last you until you hit level 30 thats how good it is. Do you HAVE to do blackram narrows? No but I recommend it because of how faceroll that dungeon is now and because how good the soul shield is. idk I guess I should have say its optional but meh oh well.

On 5/9/2016 at 0:51 PM, Ginki said:

Unsealing charms? Dude idk about you but when i leveled up i had so many of those things i didnt know wtf to do with them. Also that soul shield is worth using unsealing charms on in my opinion. Its that good.

Unsealing Chars are best spent on SOME lvl 45+ soul shields. They're a waste on any other SS below that lvl. You'll want to save as many of them as possible to get good rolls on endgame/BiS SS parts since their stats are randomized a bit. Trust me, some level of minmaxing here is required and the less charms you have to buy later the better, since buying extra ones can be kind of a significant money sink if you aren't particularly lucky with your rolls.

My tip

1. If you have the money get the perimum account. At least for a month. The experience boost you get is pretty awesome

2. I usually only do dungeons when weapons and accessories breakthrough. I don't keep going back and doing them.

3. You don't need to grind dungeons for soulsheilds. The ones you get from the wheel of fate is good enough for leveling. No need to grind like patch of exilies or blackram narrows for the full set. Is a waste of time.

4. For other world boss if you can just but the weapons and accessoires you need for breakthrough. Killing world boss takes too long and if you are alone sometimes you die several times before you can do it. So spend the gold in the marketplace to get it.

5. I skip a lot of dungeon quest simply because it waste a lot of time and the experience you get sucks.

6. Also during early levels starting at the event where you enter the dreamdrift you there is a pot that gives you 100% additional exp form killing monster. Last for 30mins. Use it at that time and kill everyhing in the dreamdrfit. They give good exp at that level. After that there is a bunch of quest nearby that also give good experience and with 30mins you have more than enough time to kill the mobs and complete the quest.

7. In jadestone do all the crafting profession. Do them and cancel with the crafting guild and do the next one.

1 hour ago, spongemike said:

My tip

1. If you have the money get the perimum account. At least for a month. The experience boost you get is pretty awesome

2. I usually only do dungeons when weapons and accessories breakthrough. I don't keep going back and doing them.

3. You don't need to grind dungeons for soulsheilds. The ones you get from the wheel of fate is good enough for leveling. No need to grind like patch of exilies or blackram narrows for the full set. Is a waste of time.

4. For other world boss if you can just but the weapons and accessoires you need for breakthrough. Killing world boss takes too long and if you are alone sometimes you die several times before you can do it. So spend the gold in the marketplace to get it.

5. I skip a lot of dungeon quest simply because it waste a lot of time and the experience you get sucks.

6. Also during early levels starting at the event where you enter the dreamdrift you there is a pot that gives you 100% additional exp form killing monster. Last for 30mins. Use it at that time and kill everyhing in the dreamdrfit. They give good exp at that level. After that there is a bunch of quest nearby that also give good experience and with 30mins you have more than enough time to kill the mobs and complete the quest.

7. In jadestone do all the crafting profession. Do them and cancel with the crafting guild and do the next one.

yeah man those are some nice tips!

Bumping due to forum bot spam.

On topic : While the video is definitely a nice listen like before, it doesn't really cover anything that can't be figured out quickly by most, unless the person in question chose this to be their first MMO....hopefully not. (Then again, you may have stated it was for those people in particular.)

In addition, at least 2 of your topics, the soul shields and the upgrade system, are mentioned by NPCs very early on in Bamboo Village, and probably some of the other things as well. While the game goes to crap later on, it at least does okay at explaining the basics.

Archived