Forums

Stand up to PKing!

tgamer101

LOL! What a coincidence that this thread popped up on the first page of general discussion.

Earlier while I was doing Misty Woods faction dailies, there was a crimson player who was literally FOLLOWING me and killing me. He would switch channels, tank and ignore all of the Cerulean NPCs at the Cerulean base just to kill my character. He would hide in a bush near Blackwyrm so he could see my character respawn from the respawn "treehouse". I couldn't help but feel like that guy had issues especially since I didn't even do anything to him in the first place. He was killing bots at first so I'm sure he already finished his daily quest. Then he stopped killing bots and was repeatedly following me and killing me. He even whispered  me calling me bb. After I told him not to whisper me, he kept on doing it so I just ended up blocking him. I also told him I was just doing some dailies before my day starts but he kept stalking me. Some people have "issues" and try to bring it out on others ingame.

EVEN if some of u may be JEALOUS of KFM legenbdary counter, i want to make u understand that skill WON'T win a KFM  any (ANY) fight. more over any 6v6. because game mechanics and because there is a 0.3s gap 

My stalker PKed me several times during beta and it followed into release...

I followed him during release and found his server, PKed him in return.

Spoiler

We're married now and kill each-other on a daily basis.

I feel everyone is getting the wrong idea about what I said.

I don't mind PVPing, I enjoy it in fact. But there is a difference between PKing and PVPing. PKing is wrong, and it relates to bullying in real aspect.

And just to let you know, the PKers camp around awhole lot to kill the other players. I shouldn't have to change channel to do my faction dailies and I shouldn't have to wait till a later time to do them, I should be able to do em when I want and where ever I want, and I shouldn't have to be cautious of being attacked where ever I go.  And yes faction dailies are a must, you need them to upgrade weapon and not many people sell soulstones in marketplace and even if they did it would cost a ton, so its easier to farm them.

This game should have a freedom for all players to have fun and do what they want in the game without being worried about being PK'd, if you wanna PVP there are places to do that. 

1 hour ago, Rokusan said:

LOL! What a coincidence that this thread popped up on the first page of general discussion.

Earlier while I was doing Misty Woods faction dailies, there was a crimson player who was literally FOLLOWING me and killing me. He would switch channels, tank and ignore all of the Cerulean NPCs at the Cerulean base just to kill my character. He would hide in a bush near Blackwyrm so he could see my character respawn from the respawn "treehouse". I couldn't help but feel like that guy had issues especially since I didn't even do anything to him in the first place. He was killing bots at first so I'm sure he already finished his daily quest. Then he stopped killing bots and was repeatedly following me and killing me. He even whispered  me calling me bb. After I told him not to whisper me, he kept on doing it so I just ended up blocking him. I also told him I was just doing some dailies before my day starts but he kept stalking me. Some people have "issues" and try to bring it out on others ingame.

This proves my point!! 

Rokusan, what's your ingame name?

7 hours ago, Zuf said:

Why?
You only want to talk with people that agree with you?

There are many people that don't agree with the topic, but they say it in away that is not rude. There's a way to disagree with something but not say it in a rude manner, take Meiling for example

29 minutes ago, tgamer101 said:

This proves my point!! 

Rokusan, what's your ingame name?

I don't think I can join your guild unless we're on the same server. I'm in Juwol btw. Also, I'm already in a guild.

I just thought it was a coincidence that I saw this thread right on the same day I had that really unpleasurable experience so I thought about sharing it.

I'm not totally against PK as this has only happened once to me so far. Every other day it's been smooth sailing with my Misty Wood faction dailies with the rare to occasional PK here and there but then again, I'm not playing on one of the more populated servers so I can't speak for everyone. 

I do get what you're saying though and I can relate a bit to the point you're trying to make. After all, what I went through this morning was an example of how someone can turn PK from something enjoyable to something that can be considered borderline harassment.

1 hour ago, tgamer101 said:

I feel everyone is getting the wrong idea about what I said.

I don't mind PVPing, I enjoy it in fact. But there is a difference between PKing and PVPing. PKing is wrong, and it relates to bullying in real aspect.

And just to let you know, the PKers camp around awhole lot to kill the other players. I shouldn't have to change channel to do my faction dailies and I shouldn't have to wait till a later time to do them, I should be able to do em when I want and where ever I want, and I shouldn't have to be cautious of being attacked where ever I go.  And yes faction dailies are a must, you need them to upgrade weapon and not many people sell soulstones in marketplace and even if they did it would cost a ton, so its easier to farm them.

This game should have a freedom for all players to have fun and do what they want in the game without being worried about being PK'd, if you wanna PVP there are places to do that. 

That makes you sound very self centered and beyond stubborn. The same can be said on the other end If they want to sit there and kill people then they have every right to do so too. They don't have to let you do your dailies when it's a major zone to pvp.  There's very simple ways to avoid that and it's to swap channels. I've never had issues when I do that and if you don't want to swap channels then you have yourself to blame.

Also, there is a crazy amount of soulstones in the market, are you kidding me? There will always be a lot and like I said before, you can always buy them by farming dungeons if you want to.

"This game should have a freedom for all players to have fun" Yes, all players should have the freedom to have fun, including the people that pk.  That sentence makes no sense, you're basically saying everything else is alright but if you pk no, that's bad. What happened to freedom? That's not freedom and places to go to pvp? That is a place you can go, it's one of the very few places you can actually go to do open world pvp.

4 hours ago, ThePrelate said:

If you didn't bother to read the whole post, why do you even respond? Or visit forums for that matter?

seeing as you just replied to the last bit of my post i could ask the same to you. people need to get the stick out of their asses and stop qqing about being pk'd in a pvp game, it comes with the territory.

1 hour ago, tgamer101 said:

I'm sorry but what? PKing = Player killing. PvPing = Player vs Player. To successfully PvP you HAVE to kill the opposing player. How is there a difference? And isn't that the sole purpose of Open World PvP?

2 hours ago, tgamer101 said:

If you're going to be stubborn and not take precautions then there's no point in complaining. People will take advantage the sole purpose of there being Open World PvP.

Taking a few seconds to change to a different channel won't kill you.

Going with a group such as friends, clan members or even randoms from your Faction chat won't kill you.

Simply waiting till later to do your Faction dailies won't kill you.

Also not really grasping on what your first post is asking. Are you trying to recruit people to go and basically PK the people that PKed you or what?

14 hours ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

seeing as you just replied to the last bit of my post i could ask the same to you. people need to get the stick out of their asses and stop qqing about being pk'd in a pvp game, it comes with the territory.

Your first bit makes no sense. You're gonna have to explain to me what you meant, or you didn't even read the two sentences I replied to your second post? As for PKing, I agree with you, people really need to stop demanding things in a game that is first of all a PvP game.

You have faction uniforms which make you flagged for PvP and as long as you don't put those on, you're golden. Having said that, I can also understand people who complain. I don't do PvP aside from arenas, mainly because I can't even score a kill in areas like SSP or Misty Woods due to game's bad optimization and the fact that 10 attacks hit me while I do 1 because of stuttering and FPS drops. Most people don't want to do OWPvP because of that (if forum and faction chats are to be believed) simple fact. But the thing is they have to do their dailies because of sheer amount of Soulstones that are needed for weapon improvement. Personally, I don't see OWPvP as fun or a thing where I could have challenge and opportunity to improve my skills because someone forces me into it every day and let's be honest the area is unstable as is.

17 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Also not really grasping on what your first post is asking. Are you trying to recruit people to go and basically PK the people that PKed you or what?

Mmgh, looks to me that the OP is trying to organize a group to go through the Misty from the folks that normally do it alone and thus are susceptible to being set upon by the griefers. That's along the lines of what you yourself suggested.

I always try to fight back, but with my gear it's pretty much pointless. I usually go early on, give any red a wide berth, switch channels and sides of the field in the SSP, and take a particular pleasure in killing bots and wiping out the camp of the NPCs in Misty (sometimes a few times in a row, yeah...), because I am so tired of 'em real Crimson heroes that wait to jump a player who is diligently killing 8 sentinels for the measly 6 ss, while their faction is mining both available channels for a wagonload of the ss, preferably when that player goofed up and is low on the HPs. Sometimes I feel like making a Sin and wiping out lowbies Crimsons in Misty, but that's just doing to others what I am not happy of being on the receiving end of.

Once, I derived a grim satisfaction from pinning an HM8 warlock that killed my char under my cat and letting the blue Sentinel to destroy the critter. But that's the extent of my success against griefers.

All and all, with a very limited field of vision, the attacker has too much of an advantage in the Faction areas. I am wondering if the game can be zoomed out more to be able to see folks coming from farther away.

What I did like in the Faction area, was that only time red and blues had a large-scale battle at capturing actually. That nobody won. Folks grumbled, but I felt good about being able to kill some reds without being in a disadvantaged position due to my poor gear and solo'ing.

no one forces you to put your clan outfit on, you choose to so its not really pk'ing

its open world pvp because you flagged yourself pvp

pk'ing is when your walking  around questing and boom your dead because some lvl 50 1 shots the newb for fun

Archived