Stand up to PKing!

tgamer101

Hey Guys,

What do you think about people PKing for pure pleasure, while you just want to do your dailies and play the game for fun?   Don't you wish you could do something about it?  

If you wish to stand up for PKing then I got your back and you have mines. Join "Soaring Eagles", and drop down your IGN below and I will whisper you. Please include your time zone and the usual times your on, so I can find you in game :P 

Trust me the game will be 10x more fun if we all stick together. I'd never let my friends die!  

Comment down below and let me know what you think. 

Please keep informed, if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all!

Pking is pking, it's allowed nor should it be looked down on. If someone wants to kill you because they can and they find it fun, power to them. Now, if this is clan recruitment then you got the wrong place lol. anyways, yeah. Nothing wrong with pking for fun. The good old days of WoW open world pvping that I enjoyed has sorta been ruined though but hey, in the end it's all the same. 

P.S. I don't even bother to pk in this game, I try to avoid it since I don't enjoy warlock pvp or owpvp on kfm.

Player killing was found to be a detriment to games when MMOs began 20 years ago and the option to choose if you wanted to take part or not was given by most. Sadly BnS must be stuck in the 1950s because they don't learn from history.

PVP players want to do PVP without the need for what bores them, PVE

PVE players want to be able to PVE without the toxicity of PVP

Sadly BnS can't just learn to divorce these two and try to force both onto each other thinking that Stockholm Syndrome will evolve and people forced into a situation over and over will come to love it.

It would be simple to implement were you could PVE only on certain servers, PVP only on others, and both on still other serves. Sadly they just don't want to make customers happy so they will spend money.

Honestly the natural PVP in any MMO even if only PVE server is more than enough and the "% dmg" of getting credit or loot only if you have "claimed" a mob through the mechanics, really doesnt stop kill-stealing either. Actually it encourages KSing even more because it allows higher levels to even more quick take a kill and loot form a lower level, where they really shouldnt be in the first place.

I dont know how after 2 decades of MMOs some company would come out with the prospect that something that was purposefully thrown out from the beginning such as forcing PVE on PVP and PVP on PVE was a good, new or revolutionary idea that would be loved, but they need to be taken somewhere where they can never touch a computer again. Maybe let them play the Pokemon card game for the end of their days since it takes very little understanding of game theory, psychology of playstyles, and many other factors that is missing in BnS and sadly some other modern games design.

Too bad really, cause the grind is needed, the story aint that bad, but BnS takes a great start and then somewhere near the end of Cinderlands or beginning of Moonwater just drop the ball and start falling all over it in the game design leaving the sweet spot of the game at around the level 20s~30s, meaning the game has no room for future growth and only spirals towards diminishing returns with each new addition at exponential rates.

It is clear by the Arena PVPers the hate they have for PVE and just want their Street Fighter clone. Who could blame them? Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat are all fun games where you just get to fight enemies indiscriminately for some good ole fashioned hack'n'slash gaming. Likewise PVE players dont want to be playing against the other players but working with then in some sort of party... isnt that what F8 is? a party finder menu? it is the LFG button so people don't have to spam chat with LFG.

Pking is pking, it's allowed nor should it be looked down on. If someone wants to kill you because they can and they find it fun, power to them. Now, if this is clan recruitment then you got the wrong place lol. anyways, yeah. Nothing wrong with pking for fun. The good old days of WoW open world pvping that I enjoyed has sorta been ruined though but hey, in the end it's all the same. 

P.S. I don't even bother to pk in this game, I try to avoid it since I don't enjoy warlock pvp or owpvp on kfm.

@Meiling sure its open world PVP and it is what it is, but most people in this game just wants to do their quests and get out of there. If you want to pvp there is an arena for it.

If you need kills for your quest, then ask nicely for "trade kills". I do enjoy PVP over PVE as PVE does get boring, but I never attack on sight, I only attack if I get attacked because I can understand most people don't like PVP and it's just not right to just kill people out of pure pleasure,  like I said most people just want to do their dailies. 

And I realized its the wrong place for recruiting, but as mind as well leave the post, the more area's to post more likely to recruit more people :P

Are you guys seriously making PKing in this game an Issue? You do know you can easily avoid getting randomly killed by seriously not wearing a pvp enabling costume. There are a lot of other good looking costumes in this game that doesn't flag you for pvp and be thankful this is a game that you have to tag yourself and your opponent to tag themselves to activate pvp and not like some games that only the other guy needs to tag themselves for it to kill you.

Also if you guys are complaining about Misty woods and SSP for it, please that place is meant to be a pvp zone that's why they put the specific factions there so you are forced to do pvp while doing the dailies.

You realize its the PKing that people hate about PVP even (ow)PVP as NC tries to disguise it. Which is still forced on people, and the only avenue for acquiring some PVE only gear upgrades.

PVPers are getting things they can do PVP to acquire all their needed hongmoon skills and don't even have to join a clan anymore to get them, while PVE style are forced into PVP no mater what. MAjor offender still being soulstones and moonstones that are a must for everyone to upgrade, so either you PVP or you are screwed, and MANY people don't like PVP. It is a major flaw in the design of BnS that whoever at Bloodlust thought everyone being forced into the opposite camp would be happy. I guess they jsut wanted to make a game that would torture people and the sheep would jsut follow?

Well not everyone is sheep, and they  have a right to speak out against a serious game design flaw in hopes that their continued patronage would entice the designers to rethink their decisions. saying" just don't wear faction outfits" is akin to telling someone"stop playing when you get to Moonwater plains and need soulstones to upgrade your gear".

Yes you can avoid PvP PK by not wearing the faction gear, you also CANNOT do the quests without this ON.

A "Flag" I could enable to make people gank me or not would be great to have.

No more speed hackers in SSP for one. And If worring over the opposite side just raping your drill, you could always flag any one who attacks a NPC as hostile to get around that.

I don't understand why people join Korean MMOs with strong emphasis on PvP and expect to get by just PvEing... Heard all the same thing in Aion and PvP is actually really forced there. I'm mostly a PvE'r myself but I think the amount of PvP that this game require you to do is minimal - especially if you are on the dominate side of the server. Putting your faction uniform on to farm NPCs is hardly PvP, a handful of opposing faction fighting a huge mob of your faction isn't really either.

Worst PK experience: a friend summoned me to cross-server dungeon while I was wearing a Bamboo Uniform to farm a costume. Apparently people were on the look out for this, because enough people donned the opposite costume to pile on me in the F8 dungeon lobby. D:

Well maybe they should release the anime in NA and EU to have "strong emphasis on PvP" to let people know in the future? All I see is Alka trying to avenge her master and keeps meeting Jinsoyun, Yura and Gubong throughout the anime but never able to kill Jinsoyun to avenge her murdered master. Sound familiar? It should it is the storyline of Blade and Soul the game and anime.

It is also the same voice actors since Anime Network, Sentai Filmworks and NSWest is all there in Texas, probably even has the same ADR, though the only credits we get in game is the original ones, we dont get credits for the English version.

I got a better one for you, why do Koreans bring their playstyle games to the west and they keep failing and not understand why after they have been told time and again in MANY games? Other Asians get it, look at Sony produced game. and if you don't think ALL versions of Final Fantasy aren't jsut a super grindfest, then you are wrong. Same PVE experience, grind out items, levels, pointless battles to make the "content" bloated to give X hours of gameplay. Except Final Fantasy doesn't kill its good stories with crappy underlying flawed game design and mechanics.

4 hours ago, KatHead said:

Let me urge you to reconsider:

Your welcome.

I've seen this and it still doesn't make me like KFM in owpvp. He survived because people mindlessly attacked him so he lasted awhile. Of course, I doubt they knew better since at that time, the only people that could get that skill were people that made several 50s and did the quests on all of them every day, not saying that's bad but just pointing out it's a small minority that had that skill then. All they had to do is stop and cc him but that's also the wonders of owpvp, people don't know better.

Anyways, to the topic at hand. Sure, it can be a bit annoying to do quests while in an outfit but let's be real here. There are several channels you can jump to in order to complete them. I have been able to complete quests on both the faction that is losing and the faction that is winning so saying it's impossible is a lie. Of course not SSP since that's a group effort and not solo. 

While I don't care for the trade kill crap, if people want to do it then that's totally fine but saying that if you want to get the quest done then just ask to trade is stupid. That quest is meant for the people that want to do it to go out and actually get kills, to play the game how they want to. They're playing the game how they want and completing the quests how it honestly should be completed. And to say it's not right to kill people for fun? Really? That's the whole point of factions, it's basically the lore of the two. They constantly go at it, constantly fight.

When it comes down to owpvp / pking since they're basically the same thing, there really isn't a problem that needs to be fixed nor a reason to stand up to it. The thing that should be fixed though is how imbalanced some of the servers are with factions but I guess that's just bound to happen when people start going to one side then the other one will get bots or alt characters so when it goes even, the dominate side will get even more people.

Also, doing the pvp quests is not FORCED onto you. In fact, I would rather be farming dungeons than doing SSP. Everyone has this stigma that you MUST do the pvp quest to get soul stones since that's the only way to upgrade! Or, if you hate pvping so much even though when you're on the side that's winning, you're hardly bothered by the other faction, you can do what I just said and farm dungeons with a group. You can make a pretty good amount of money doing that since not only you can get a handful of stingers, depending on what you run items can drop that you can sell for a range of 100-500 or so and split it amongst 4 people is a pretty good pay out.

5 hours ago, tgamer101 said:

Hey Guys,

What do you think about people PKing for pure pleasure, while you just want to do your dailies and play the game for fun?   Don't you wish you could do something about it?  

If you wish to stand up for PKing then I got your back and you have mines. Join "Soaring Eagles", and drop down your IGN below and I will whisper you. Please include your time zone and the usual times your on, so I can find you in game :P 

Trust me the game will be 10x more fun if we all stick together. I'd never let my friends die!  

go back to world of warcraft, this is a pvp game where majority of the end game is pvp based if you can't stand dying when your trying to quest don't put on your faction outfits and don't give me this bullshit that you have to to do your faction dailies because faction dailies are not a requirement you chose to do them to get soulstones when you can buy soulstones from the market place. run asura or other dungeons for gold to buy them.

Imo theres a difference in pking and straight out griefing others.

Someone wants to kill me while I'm doing my misty dailies?Sure go ahead I don't care but don't go around chasing down the same person multiple times even after changing channels,this also goes for camping certain spots where you can't really do anything about pking.

Personally I don't attack anyone while I'm doing my misty dailies,its just not my thing.

Even when I did pvp in previous games I've played I've always prefered a fair fight,when both side agrees on certain rules so its an enjoyable good mannered duel.

Change Channels.
Take off your outfit.

Do your faction dailies at a later time.

Gear yourself up.

^ Solutions. You're welcome. Please stop QQing about dailies that take 5 minutes to finish for 12 Soulstones. 

If you want to have fun in this game, do not ever put on a faction outfit!

You dont need to either, i leveled FM/KFM/BM/SUM/Destoyer/WL/SIN and never had to do any PvP. The main reason for this, i dont like to give griefers any joy at all.

Sure i have been PKed and thats why i know how boring it can be in this game. They kill you, they res you and repeat untill you hit 4 or they are bored.

If you do put on a faction suit, then you got no rights whats so ever to complain about getting killed. NCSoft supports this way of "PvP". So since you cannot be tricked/forced to put any uniform on, then it's your own fault.

4 hours ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

go back to world of warcraft, this is a pvp game where majority of the end game is pvp based if you can't stand dying when your trying to quest don't put on your faction outfits and don't give me this bullshit that you have to to do your faction dailies because faction dailies are not a requirement you chose to do them to get soulstones when you can buy soulstones from the market place. run asura or other dungeons for gold to buy them.

WoW has it worse when it comes to OWPvP so what the *cricket* are you talking about?! Dude you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Since you took WoW as an example, let's compare the two, even though these two games are not on equal grounding. First of all, WoW has its players constantly flagged for PvP, aside from very few areas which have PvP off by default either because it's meant for players who are starting out or is a common ground for both factions. That means you're in danger of getting killed ever since you go beyond level 10. Hm, I wonder if BnS players still have it worse. Furthermore, WoW has a clear distinction between PvP and PvE content. You don't use PvE currency to buy PvP gear and neither do you use PvP currency (or gear for that matter) to buy PvE gear or run PvE content. BnS is nowhere near that level and this design makes it harder for everyone to play and progress. In addition to that, with the inclusion of achievement system, WoW makes it easier for players to do other objectives in PvP than just kill other players. In my opinion, PvP should be fun and the PvP in BnS is anything but fun. Or you don't see that most people do things like SSP just to get materials for their expensive upgrades?

4 hours ago, Sithaer said:

Imo theres a difference in pking and straight out griefing others.

Someone wants to kill me while I'm doing my misty dailies?Sure go ahead I don't care but don't go around chasing down the same person multiple times even after changing channels,this also goes for camping certain spots where you can't really do anything about pking.

Personally I don't attack anyone while I'm doing my misty dailies,its just not my thing.

Even when I did pvp in previous games I've played I've always prefered a fair fight,when both side agrees on certain rules so its an enjoyable good mannered duel.

I agree, PvP is supposed to pit a player against player in order to have fun or hone their skills. In WoW, I do OWPvP as much as possible, mostly because I want to get better with my class. If I die, no problem, it just means the person was stronger than me. And if I see that the person is simply too weak or inexperienced I just skip them, there's no challenge in that. The problem with OWPvP in BnS is that there are no objectives in any of their PvP areas and that there is no distinction between this content and PvE content. NCSoft prides itself in this game because the game is supposed to equalize player's characters so that it comes to skill instead of gear. Why, oh why then do we need to do PvP in order to get PvE gear?! Add to it that game is poorly optimized for most players and most PCs struggle with displaying things with Ctrl+F on let alone without it and you get why most people are disheartened by this content.

10 hours ago, tgamer101 said:

Hey Guys,

I used to be a PK back in Ultima Online, i would kill you, loot you, if i found a rune, use them and check if the keys fit any doors of surounding houses, then if one opened, loot everything you owned and worked for in the last couple of months.

Comparing PK'ing to Owpvp, is sadly a funny joke to my ears, noone is forcing you to equip the Faction item so that when we meet, you are merely a quest update to me, nothing more, nothing less, stop taking it personal and stop using the word PK as if you been there in the wild west called Ultima Online, because thats where the word originates from.

1 Red PK would make 10 blues flee as rabits...

11 minutes ago, Archess said:

I used to be a PK back in Ultima Online

Good old days :) I remember i did steal some houses from people. Also marked runes so people could teleport right into their death.(me and a few waiting to kill anything that showed up at that spot.)

Also, it was fun to save body parts from those you killed :D Then they removed that option and people just took the inventory book that had player names on..

That was the Golden days of Real PK!

1 minute ago, Bardo said:

Good old days :) I remember i did steal some houses from people. Also marked runes so people could teleport right into their death.(me and a few waiting to kill anything that showed up at that spot.)

Also, it was fun to save body parts from those you killed :D Then they removed that option and people just took the inventory book that had player names on..

That was the Golden days of Real PK!

Good times ^^, had a guy one time attack me while i was lumberjacking, guy attacks with a paralyze, i was unarmed so i... "Shayla is crafting a bow", "Shayla is crafting Arrows" then i wrecked him with it ^^

Exploding Potion lock boxes ^^ for the unsespecting looter and so on,

hiding in the bushes for someone to pass by then An Ex Por followed by Corp Por to you good sir! Now gimeh my loot!

Or you know just chilling an entire weekend in your house without ever setting a foot outside and after the weekend, you have had a good time.

3 hours ago, ThePrelate said:

WoW has it worse when it comes to OWPvP so what the *cricket* are you talking about?! Dude you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Since you took WoW as an example, let's compare the two, even though these two games are not on equal grounding. First of all, WoW has its players constantly flagged for PvP, aside from very few areas which have PvP off by default either because it's meant for players who are starting out or is a common ground for both factions. That means you're in danger of getting killed ever since you go beyond level 10. Hm, I wonder if BnS players still have it worse. Furthermore, WoW has a clear distinction between PvP and PvE content. You don't use PvE currency to buy PvP gear and neither do you use PvP currency (or gear for that matter) to buy PvE gear or run PvE content. BnS is nowhere near that level and this design makes it harder for everyone to play and progress. In addition to that, with the inclusion of achievement system, WoW makes it easier for players to do other objectives in PvP than just kill other players. In my opinion, PvP should be fun and the PvP in BnS is anything but fun. Or you don't see that most people do things like SSP just to get materials for their expensive upgrades?

last i checked wow's owpvp was dead and that's because of battle grounds and arena. unless they managed to make people actually want to pvp on pvp servers in one of the last updates its still dead and i've played up to and though mist of pandaria, haven't played warlords of dranor.

also your post is to long i just read the first few words.

1 hour ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

last i checked wow's owpvp was dead and that's because of battle grounds and arena. unless they managed to make people actually want to pvp on pvp servers in one of the last updates its still dead and i've played up to and though mist of pandaria, haven't played warlords of dranor.

also your post is to long i just read the first few words.

If you didn't bother to read the whole post, why do you even respond? Or visit forums for that matter?

11 hours ago, Syanonn said:

I don't understand why people join Korean MMOs with strong emphasis on PvP and expect to get by just PvEing... Heard all the same thing in Aion and PvP is actually really forced there. I'm mostly a PvE'r myself but I think the amount of PvP that this game require you to do is minimal - especially if you are on the dominate side of the server. Putting your faction uniform on to farm NPCs is hardly PvP, a handful of opposing faction fighting a huge mob of your faction isn't really either.

Exactly, almost every game NCsoft has released has had pvp at the front, PVE a secondary.

What I will never understand is how people complain about pvp and PK's when it's only very specific area's you do either (unless you are like most noobs and start wearing your faction uniform the minute you leave bamboo village) Aion was the same way, you only pvp'd in specific areas of the map. Now Lineage 2.. that is true open world pvp, if you stepped 2 inches outside of town you could be killed.

Now they did have a system for PK's, it was called Karma. If the person killed a player who did not fight back their name would turn red. The only way to remove the red was be killed or kill mobs to reduce your karama count. Players in turn could kill you with no penalty to them even if you didn't hit them because you are red, but if you kill them despite them attack you you just build up more and more karma. Now another bonus to this was if you reach 5-6 pks (i don't remember anymore.. but the pks don't go away unless you do a quest) if you die you drop shit and it can be anything, inventory items, outfits, armor, weapons... if it is on you it's free game to drop and be picked up. If it's like our purple gear that can't be traded it just shatters.

Now if you get hit and turn around and smack back both your names turn purple and there is no penalty to either.

This could be a system to help reduce the 'pks' so those that are forced into the pvp zones but don't wish to don't have to worry about ass holes appearing behind them and two shotting them and following them across channels.

show what i'm talking about. random google image i don't have any pvp or pk screens anymore.

maxresdefault.jpg

Archived