RIP Currency Exchange

It is rough for people that like to get the outfits.  The costs are pretty high and my income hasn't drastically increased.  It was impossible for me to sell any during the trove event due to the amount of gold available and that I can only list it before the rate would drop the next day.  After that it was starting to get much better but this event killed any shot at me selling any gold again. I just gave up trying to sell after seeing it repeatedly come back the next day.

20 hours ago, KatHead said:

Well, it should have dropped long before the trove event as gold is so much easier to get now. They could stop all events and it will continue to drop and the amount of gold in game rises. It is still to high and needs to go down further to be worth buying. 

Buy gold at its current price and tell me it feels like a good deal to you, it isnt. Getting the currency exchange in line will do a lot to curve the bot population as well, currently the spam bots are offering gold at 5% of the price of the currency exchange. If you were a wallet warrior seeing the amount of hacks / bots / issues with this game would you be scared in the slightest to buy gold from a site ? I would never buy gold from a site, but I can certainly understand why people do. 

5$ = 200g from a bot

5$ = 25g from currency exchange

See what I am saying ?

5$= 200g??? LOL i don't know where you get that price but i see the ads in game before block them and is 10$=100g.

9 hours ago, VRock said:

5$= 200g??? LOL i don't know where you get that price but i see the ads in game before block them and is 10$=100g.

Ive seen this before as well as 5$ = 100 and 5$ = 150 - probably has something to do with bot pop and the amount of gold they have in stock on your server. Not that they are limited to servers, really no clue as to why the prices vary so much. But the 5 for 200 is the one that burned itself into my memory, very tempting tbh. 

It's 1:15 and dropping fast. It'll be 1:10 soon enough and NCSoft will be happy.

Don't be fooled, this was intentional, NCSoft schemery at its finest.

First step, change filter so a min/max bid is required. This makes it highly convenient for those wishing to hyper inflate the cash shop market, (looks at you NC.) All of a sudden a flood of minimum bids drown the gold exchange market, seemingly overnight the ratio went from 1:65, to 1:30. From there it's easy peasy.

Simultaneously, begin to introduce weekly cash shop rng box events/scams. All the while maintaining a bi weekly "limited time only" cash shop special costume rotation event. HM coin demand rises, further flooding the exchange. Gold prices drop, creating more buyers. Meanwhile HM coin value decreases. Culminating in a 1:10 ratio, which makes selling gold, hence HM coins worthless. However buyers have ample supply, and NC gets their coin. 

2 pertinent results:

1: Players find buying costumes, etc with NCoin far more convenient than using HM coins, as HM value is decreased significantly. NC profits.

2: Exchange becomes a buyers market, as you can only purchase gold with NCoin, NC profits.

Yeah, I'm sure this all happened by sheer coincidence.

But hey, it's a business, and ya gotta do, what ya gotta do right?

Thats because we get more dungeons, more dailies more guaranteed gold

More gold circulating around than being completely used like on npcs or fees.

The currency exchange will at one point reach 1:1 if anything will go even lower if its possible.

Because there will be insane ammounts of gold circulating between players and not being used.

5 minutes ago, Belly Da Melly said:

Thats because we get more dungeons, more dailies more guaranteed gold

More gold circulating around than being completely used like on npcs or fees.

The currency exchange will at one point reach 1:1 if anything will go even lower if its possible.

Because there will be insane ammounts of gold circulating between players and not being used.

These guys are used to the insane prices at Gold Exchange release, even normally logical people just do not seem to understand how bad a value buying gold currently is (it is overpriced as crap atm and these guys are complaining about it being to low).

ngl, I made some math on the current exchange

I figured out i'd get 1680 gold for £255, this would translate into ONE UPGRADE, Scorpio etc etc take this level of Gold, so lets Say the Prices rose, or for example Doubled.

£510 for One upgrade?... as if ANYONES GOING TO HONESTLY pay that, not even someone Completely Over-Rich would consider that, off the back of the fact its a RIP OFF ROFL, who spents £510 for 20 AP?... like wtf are you on?... I think u'll find Majority of the Reason nobodys buying gold at the prices it was, is Because when u sold like 250g for like £180-£200 worth of NCoins, the Maximum upgrade was Pirate, which didn't cost that the Amounts of Todays Upgrades to see.

the Price drops Cause the Playerbase STOP PURCHASING, I'm glad NCSoft are doing something that actually makes Cash spent worth it, Us who Don't earn £500k a year cant afford to Throw Thousands into the game Cause we cant play 24hours a Day due to holding RL Jobs.

Weather I spent 60hours of Overtime to provide for my Entertainment or 60hours Into the game effectively I've spent 60 hours with One intention.

U act as if nobody has more then 100gold in this game yet, I see Legit Players who farm play Market etc etc running around with 800 - 2000Gold. hell there was some guy complaining he had over 2500 Gold Saved up for Chi Master.

RNG Boxes in game currently are fine, I realistically don't see a problem with them, if someone puts £500 into the game to try get lucky on them be thankful they're Paying for UR PLAYTIME, its ALOT of money to through into a game for such a Minor amount of AP Reward from Mats, trove was too far, Sure including HM Levels was wrong.. I think the current event should of also not provided HM Levels, but I don't see problems past that realistically, the Reduction of Mats isn't that big... some people are stating the cash store is better for straight upgrades.

I'm not sure why there's outrage that it's stabilizing based on the actual amount of gold in the game. Yeah, it was nice buying outfits for around 10-25g, but it's also nice to have an environment where there's no incentive to risk your account with gold sellers and the best alternative is for players to put their money back into the game.

The only people this really hurts are players who grind out gold like crazy and used to get all their items that way rather than ever spending real money--I am such a player because I've learned not to dump my cash into games anymore until I see what's what. It's a huge benefit to players who work a lot and don't have much time to play. It's a benefit to NCSoft, which would be great if they weren't running the game into the ground.

45 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

It's a benefit to NCSoft, which would be great if they weren't running the game into the ground.

^ 1000x this. This quote right here, (ty prototypemind), is why I'm not exactly tickled pink about this development.

Yes, under normal circumstances this would be very good news, especially considering how it hurts the cursed gold sellers the most. 

However, fact of the matter is the group that benefits the most out of this is NCSoft. The very same NCSoft that has yet to show an inkling of commitment to this game long term in NA. The very same NCSoft that has instead demonstrated a complete disregard for their own game, and have fully committed primarily to profiting off of the very gullible. The very same NCSoft whom seems committed only to pocketing NA profits, instead of investing back into its game/players.

So yes, under normal circumstances this would all be great. BnS however, is being run under anything BUT normal circumstances. 

Sorry but, kinda hard to get all giddy about this folks.

14 hours ago, KatHead said:

These guys are used to the insane prices at Gold Exchange release, even normally logical people just do not seem to understand how bad a value buying gold currently is (it is overpriced as crap atm and these guys are complaining about it being to low).

Hey i want it to go higher so i can mug people of their real cash too.

8 hours ago, Arcayne said:

^ 1000x this. This quote right here, (ty prototypemind), is why I'm not exactly tickled pink about this development.

Yes, under normal circumstances this would be very good news, especially considering how it hurts the cursed gold sellers the most. 

However, fact of the matter is the group that benefits the most out of this is NCSoft. The very same NCSoft that has yet to show an inkling of commitment to this game long term in NA. The very same NCSoft that has instead demonstrated a complete disregard for their own game, and have fully committed primarily to profiting off of the very gullible. The very same NCSoft whom seems committed only to pocketing NA profits, instead of investing back into its game/players.

So yes, under normal circumstances this would all be great. BnS however, is being run under anything BUT normal circumstances. 

I have to agree right there.

8 hours ago, Arcayne said:

I also agree, if they were doing great stuff in communication / game maintenance / security i would have payed with pleasure. 

Archived