RIP Currency Exchange

Since the Treasure Trove event, the currency exchange took a huge hit. We used to be able to sell 40g or 1500-1800 HMCoin but now 40g is worth 500-900, and it's getting even lower and lower.

After the treasure trove event ended, it was slowly improving by the day as I was keeping track of the standard rate going from around 18.0 NCoin to 20.4 NCoin and now that you've put more boxes in the store, so soon, you've disturbed it once more and now it's gone down to 18.8 NCoin and it'll only get lower and lower each day.

Soon, not even 100g will be enough to buy an outfit from the store. I know it's part of the plan though.

Well, it should have dropped long before the trove event as gold is so much easier to get now. They could stop all events and it will continue to drop and the amount of gold in game rises. It is still to high and needs to go down further to be worth buying. 

Buy gold at its current price and tell me it feels like a good deal to you, it isnt. Getting the currency exchange in line will do a lot to curve the bot population as well, currently the spam bots are offering gold at 5% of the price of the currency exchange. If you were a wallet warrior seeing the amount of hacks / bots / issues with this game would you be scared in the slightest to buy gold from a site ? I would never buy gold from a site, but I can certainly understand why people do. 

5$ = 200g from a bot

5$ = 25g from currency exchange

See what I am saying ?

It would be one thing if it got this low due to normal progression of money and desperation, but it got this low because of the cashers abusing the system and putting 1g up for auction at a time and spamming up pages upon pages of that nonsense. If it got this way due to normal circumstances, and not abuse, I'd be cool with it, but things are in the gutter because of abuse - major difference.

Honestly though, seeing how bots and hackers aren't being taken care of, you can't expect something like this to have ANY attention on it.

the currency will drop again as long as this bots,cheat and hacks still arround
i dont know why ncsoft didnt give a damn about this thing

it literally kill the population player of this game

may be ncsoft still on the hype because all the dollars flows from premium member and box

but wake up dude i seen so many publisher like this and in the end they must closed their good game just because they dont give a jack about bots and hacks

52 minutes ago, shoujiro said:

the currency will drop again as long as this bots,cheat and hacks still arround
i dont know why ncsoft didnt give a damn about this thing

it literally kill the population player of this game

may be ncsoft still on the hype because all the dollars flows from premium member and box

but wake up dude i seen so many publisher like this and in the end they must closed their good game just because they dont give a jack about bots and hacks

Maybe in the Asian version they have bots and gold sellers too and it seems to run fine?

Is hard for them control the market. The only way I see them do this is either make gold making so easy that any casual playing a 5 to 10 hours a week is able to get their upgrades done. But this way all of those hardcore will complain that even casual have the same weapons, accessories as they do.

I play casually and I can tell you that grinding for gold and upgrade materials for your weapons/accessories suck. I get bored of doing the same thing again and again and again and again and again till no end. What do I do? Create some atls but still I get bored. I am not sure how much money you spend but I have spend over a few hundred dollars on this game. Mostly on outfits. That's the only thing that keeps me going and maybe a few dungeon runs a day. But this gap of equipment is making is harder for me to even want to login and play.

I don't expect to be doing top tire progesssion but being told I can't even do any purple lvl 50 dungeons even though I have 447AP 42% crt, 185% crt damage with 44k hp is everyone one of my pugs and being to told to leave group isn't very fun.

So I have a options

1. Quit and find a new game

2.Buy gold form the gold seller sites since they are cheap

3.Grind my way and never able to see anything new coz by the time I reach a level where I can see current end patch content new ones would have come out and I will have to grind and grind and grind and gets nothing out of it.

I know a lot of MMORPG adjust and make it easier for new players/casual to see and experience the new content but so far NCSOFT haven't done a single thing to help.

Just now, Archess said:

Game has been out for 4 months, already boosting new characters with easy to get materials would tick of all the guys who spend some time in it.

Give it time, also everyone and their grandmother is gonna be stuck at around 500-700 ap for a very very long time, you have time to catch up, but when you quote  "447AP 42% crt, 185% crt damage with 44k hp" all i see are stats of a fresh made lvl 50 and 2 days worth of playtime, witch for you seems to be grindy, it isnt.

Actually is been 2 months. Unlike some people who can grind for hours a day, I play maybe around 5 to 10hours a week if not less.

31 minutes ago, spongemike said:

I know a lot of MMORPG adjust and make it easier for new players/casual to see and experience the new content but so far NCSOFT haven't done a single thing to help.

Game has been out for 4 months, already boosting new characters with easy to get materials would tick of all the guys who spend some time in it.

Give it time, also everyone and their grandmother is gonna be stuck at around 500-700 ap for a very very long time, you have time to catch up, but when you quote  "447AP 42% crt, 185% crt damage with 44k hp" all i see are stats of a fresh made lvl 50 and 2 days worth of playtime, witch for you seems to be grindy, it isnt.

7 minutes ago, spongemike said:

Actually is been 2 months. Unlike some people who can grind for hours a day, I play maybe around 5 to 10hours a week if not less.

Try again ? Your basic math fails.

January 15, 2016 | Announcement <- Head Start Has Begun

6 hours ago, SweetJust said:

only way they probably can resurrect it, is to put a higher lowest amount in there, so all those 1g goes away, like 15g or something like that.

Or reset the currency exchange every maintenance or every month.

Just now, Pepperino said:

Or reset the currency exchange every maintenance or every month.

As more money floods into the game, the currency will devaluate, its normal, when 1 gold was 56 NCoin/Hongmoon coin, you made at best 4-6 gold in 5 hours, now you make 30-50 gold in that same timespan, if not more.

Honestly it is still to high. In the F2P MMO's I've played that had any sorta of currency exchange a ratio of 1:2 - 1:4 is normal. BnS average cost of store items is a little higher then normal but not by much so I could see 1:4-1:6 or so being the norm after the game ages abit. Always in MMO's there ends up being way more "gold" then can possibly be absorbed by the game.

1:20 is crazy.. 1:70 is absolutely insane. Only ppl who don't have to care about their money bought it at this ratio. Really almost $1 for 1 gold?

2 hours ago, spongemike said:

false.

i've been playing this game since january 2016

Hope it does drop to 1g @ 10nc or lower. That way the game would begin to compete with the black market rates and people who buy ncoin will buy even more to get gold, not to mention legendary weapons and items will be expensive af. The outfits costing 80g+ for gold sellers is a minor blow-back.

1 hour ago, KaLnoX said:

Hope it does drop to 1g @ 10nc or lower. That way the game would begin to compete with the black market rates and people who buy ncoin will buy even more to get gold, not to mention legendary weapons and items will be expensive af. The outfits costing 80g+ for gold sellers is a minor blow-back.

So you're saying that it'll be a good thing so more people can pay to win their way through the game as a faster rate? I see.

3 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

So you're saying that it'll be a good thing so more people can pay to win their way through the game as a faster rate? I see.

Its a win win for everyone if it goes either way...at least for me. If it is players realise they have to start farming more gold to get the same cash shop items then they'll stop or decrease supply which will drive back up the rates for gold, if they still continue farming more gold to get the same cash shop items then the rates will decrease further and hit rock bottom.

Either way it turns out doesn't matter, if the former happens I'll just purchase more ncoin no problem, less time spent farming gold. If the latter happens I'll just farm more gold and spend less ncoin. Some people its either time or money but you can play both sides if you have both for those that do the market will be supported which ever turn it decides to take.

Indeed, the exchange rate has totally gone to hell, compared to what it was. It's a shame but it's simply not worth it anymore for people who want to sell their gold. And no it's not a good move to battle gold selling sites cause the legit players are punished in the process and in the end only the crazy rich players will be using the exchange tool and then we'll have yet another broken aspect of the game, if it's not like that already.. I hope ncsoft will set a fixed lowest possible rate, something like 1:30 would be nice, it used to be 1:40+, maybe it was too high like that but 1:13 that it is right now, it's simply hideous.

Who knows maybe Ncsoft is in partner with the gold sellers/botters/hackers.  NcSoft allow them to operate and in terms NcSoft gets a cut on the gold they sell for real money, while players are paying NcSoft Via cashshop items and perium sub. Win win for them.

Archived