Should I just buy Merry Potters Secret Technique- Moonwater?

Because I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if I have to go through Brightstone Ruins one more time.

In the long run, buying it off the marketplace outright and being able to craft Moonwater Transformation Stones on my own will be cheaper than buying each MTS I need, and there are almost always other level 50+ characters in the random groups I join (meaning it's safe to assume they're only running Brightstone for tears, the secret technique, or both), so the chances are that, if the secret technique ever does drop, I'll get into a bidding war with them and either lose or pay close to the market price anyway.

I'm sitting on ~56 gold right now and I don't have much trouble making more- should I just go ahead and buy it to save myself the trouble?

aint the recipe like only 8gold or so now?

The way I always do things, I way out the pros and cons on if I should buy or farm it

If I feel like its a stressful drop and I really want it, I buy it when it drops, just like I did with many of the other recipes. Also like you say if you run it with other level 50+, they will probably also try to raise the price.

You could also solo it, the moonwater tears sell for like 1g each as well. When you get to silverfrost area, gold will become easier to get, people make 50-200g a day, im making around 100g.

@Clouded HellPretty much. Unfortunately, it appears to be the only choice that doesn't rely on insane amounts of luck.

Moonwater Transformations Stones being included in the requirements from True Infernal onward are a clear sign that whoever was working on the progression system at that point had no idea what they were doing, unless their goal was to slow one's ability to improve to a near-halt.

1 : Requiring a material that can only be crafted. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but Blade and Soul's crafting system is arguably the worst I've seen since Aion...another game made by NCSoft, go figure.

2 : One of the materials, Moonwater Tears, is only from the "Big 4" Moonwater Dungeons. Because everyone needs them, they bid on them. Because people know others need them, they may bid on them anyways just to sell later. The bidding system is garbage. Better to have the dynamic quest reward at least give a Moonwater Tear or two as well, or make the loot system like GW2, where everyone gets their own loot.

3 : Another material, Premium Tempered Clay Refiner, is gated behind the very recipe you suddenly need, since NCSoft suddenly decided consistency is too convenient. The first and second tier premium refiners unlock automatically, but then they change things up for the one you actually need a lot of. Oh, and the regular refiner to make the premium refiner requires more Moonwater Tears, cause that totally makes sense.

4 : The recipe itself? Gated behind Brightstone Ruins, which they never tell you about, by the way. In addition, dungeons pretty much dip into the "bullshit difficulty" territory from Tomb of Exiles onwards, forcing you to group up when the game itself does almost nothing to encourage such a thing. Even if you can solo it and thus avoid the bid system's crap, the RNG is your greatest enemy here, the recipe being on the "almost never drops" side of it. Terrible design for a recipe everyone needs.

5 : Soulstones...a lot of them. When the only good way to get them is faction dailies, forcing one to flag up for open world PvP, a stupid idea that should gotten whoever proposed it fired.

They are 20g + in EU. If you have low AP and it takes long time to solo the dungeon (for me it takes max 15 minutes) then I would say buy the recipe. If you have high AP and can do it fast then grind and sell extras you get. It depends which way you see better for yourself. I farmed it when I had low AP but I had someone to do it with me.

Get friends to do brightstone with you. We had a friend who created a new character and needed the breakthrough weapon from there. We kept going until he found his sword lol. No sword for a long grind! (Maybe 15x of runs) but we managed to get the recipe for each and everyone of us.. which is 5 people. So take your time to get it :)

I get the impression that the recepie drops more often now. I ran this dung fro weapon for my alt and to get some achis like 10 times and saw 6 recepie drops. I did it with pugs ofc so I didn't bother bidding for it but it got me so much gold that I could easily buy one if I already didn't have it.

The recipe is currently in the range of 38 to 40 gold for NA servers.

And, some of us don't have friends in this game, nor are good at finding any reliable ones. (And I'm sure that reads as a pitiful excuse to some.)

The point is however that because of all the poorly designed factors in getting Moonwater Transformation Stones, you are basically forced to rely on the market to progress unless you're incredibly lucky. This, with all the unnecessary gold costs just to perform the upgrades, devolves gameplay into a daily gold grind from Moonwater Plains onward, sucking out nearly any fun potential that was left.

Buy it if you can. It should be pretty cheap, seeing how the silverfrost recipe is going for around 30-4gold. And once you start cranking em out you can make the money back easy. Plan ahead and farm ahead. Use one batch for upgrades, the next batch just sell. FArm everything you can for a batch, while one batch is crafting(takes a whole day, two if you dont have the premium refiner yet.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just buy it !

I did more than 90 run (thx to the achievement I can keep track of it :p) Never get the recipe of Merry Potter drop.

I got all the others recipe but not the want I need.

On 5/9/2016 at 9:12 PM, Nilkemios said:

@Clouded HellPretty much. Unfortunately, it appears to be the only choice that doesn't rely on insane amounts of luck.

Moonwater Transformations Stones being included in the requirements from True Infernal onward are a clear sign that whoever was working on the progression system at that point had no idea what they were doing, unless their goal was to slow one's ability to improve to a near-halt.

1 : Requiring a material that can only be crafted. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but Blade and Soul's crafting system is arguably the worst I've seen since Aion...another game made by NCSoft, go figure.

2 : One of the materials, Moonwater Tears, is only from the "Big 4" Moonwater Dungeons. Because everyone needs them, they bid on them. Because people know others need them, they may bid on them anyways just to sell later. The bidding system is garbage. Better to have the dynamic quest reward at least give a Moonwater Tear or two as well, or make the loot system like GW2, where everyone gets their own loot.

3 : Another material, Premium Tempered Clay Refiner, is gated behind the very recipe you suddenly need, since NCSoft suddenly decided consistency is too convenient. The first and second tier premium refiners unlock automatically, but then they change things up for the one you actually need a lot of. Oh, and the regular refiner to make the premium refiner requires more Moonwater Tears, cause that totally makes sense.

4 : The recipe itself? Gated behind Brightstone Ruins, which they never tell you about, by the way. In addition, dungeons pretty much dip into the "bullshit difficulty" territory from Tomb of Exiles onwards, forcing you to group up when the game itself does almost nothing to encourage such a thing. Even if you can solo it and thus avoid the bid system's crap, the RNG is your greatest enemy here, the recipe being on the "almost never drops" side of it. Terrible design for a recipe everyone needs.

5 : Soulstones...a lot of them. When the only good way to get them is faction dailies, forcing one to flag up for open world PvP, a stupid idea that should gotten whoever proposed it fired.

Comparing the loot/quest/party system in this game to GW2 is an insult to GW2. In fact mentioning anything except combat and costumes in this game in the same line as GW2 is an insult to GW2. If GW2's system of promoting socializing in MMO's is the equivalent of a BMW then BnS's system of promoting toxicity/solo playing/elitism is the equivalent of a rusted nail.

The only thing this game even exists is its equalized PvP tournaments + costumes, and combat, to some degree (at least it's better than Tera, arguably). There are no other redeeming factors whatsoever.

Archived