4 Man Asura

Tracmar

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-soguns-lament-guide/

This guide is a pretty good place to start, it covers most of the bosses' attack patterns. Aside from that, specifically for 4-man, some things that are helpful to know:

General Notes:

- You could get away with 115% accuracy in the 6-man version since there are extra people to cover you if you miss your CC. However, in 4-man there are far fewer people to cover you. Consider bringing a higher % accuracy (120% is apparently what you need to ensure you hit).

- As a sin, I feel somewhat obligated to say this on behalf of my other fellow sins - For the room right after the 1st boss and before iruga, a sin can stealth you past all of the mobs so that you only have to kill the shield-bearers. Consider asking the sin in your party, if there is one, whether or not he knows how to do this because I often see people die trying to kill all of the mobs, and skipping past them is usually easier.

Gen and Ken - 1st Boss

- You can complete this boss in the method that is stated in the guide (kd at 3 buff stacks/stun or daze after they leap and grab tanks). Some people also like to kd at 3 buff stacks and then have the tanks iframe the grab, so that they jump back to their respective sides after throwing some poison.

- You can also start with everybody on one side and lure both bosses to the same side, and kill them that way. I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of this method, or how you keep yourself from dying if they both get to 4 stacks, so I'll let someone else explain it in more detail, but just know that's a thing. I will say that I don't recommend it for a party largely comprised of melee, since it gets a little hard to dodge all the poison being thrown.

- For tanking these two, most of their attacks only affect people in front of them. So, try to stay behind them all of the time. The two move that doesn't follow this rule I think is 1) a circular aoe, but it has a very big wind up and you will see them spin with their arms out at their sides before they do this, giving you time to backstep/run away. and 2) the aoe skill where they stack 1 buff, but that won't kill you. You should still try to iframe it so that your movespd is not lowered.

- If you have a ranged person tanking them, that person must stay close to them or they will start throwing poison instead of doing their melee rotation, something that isn't pleasant for anyone.

- If you are doing the 2/2 split method listed in the guide, I recommend having the tank stay close to the boss after the buff aoe and having the non-tank person hug the wall and continuously move. This is because they throw 2 poisons right after the buff aoe at the -farthest- person from them. You don't want your tanker to deal with that, so have the other person place themselves farther away and dodge them.

Iruga - 2nd Boss.

- Pretty much the same as the guide says, just make sure everyone in your party knows their cc. It is a bad idea to make your tanker have to cc an add. However, if you end up with 3 green or 3 blue and not everyone has kd/stun, you can end up in a mess. One good way of countering this is WL's soulburn to refresh cooldowns, or just stocking up on classes with multiple kd's/stuns.

- Most of his attacks are frontal aoes so everyone should try their best to stay behind him at all times.

Volcano and Glacier - 3rd Boss.

- Warning - This is actually the boss that I see people wipe the 2nd most at (the one they wipe most at is gen and ken). This is because these two are a cakewalk in the 6-man version, and people highly underestimate their 4-man reincarnations.

- The 4th miniboss that you face in the arena has a chance of being a woman that brings a bunch of terracotta soldiers. If you get this miniboss, kill her quickly. If the fight drags on, usually some people die and you don't want to waste time ressing them when Volc and Glacier will be spawning right after.

- When either of these two are in the air, they target feather projectiles at the CLOSEST person. It is best to have one person stay close and lure volc's feather projectiles around, and have the rest of the group lure Glacier far away from Volc as possible. Range protection skills (divine veil, smokescreen, etc.) will protect you from feathers, but the fire aoe from volc's feathers stays there for quite a while and is a hassle to walk around/predict where it will land if you all are zerging glacier. Stepping on this fire will probably take a good chunk of your hp, and if you stand there for longer than a second, you're dead.

- Party members must all watch their positioning if Glacier is not lured away from Volc, since feathers will target the closest person. You can still complete this boss without designating a person to lure Volc's feathers, but everyone must stay alert (which I find usually doesn't happen).

- Volc's fire aoe when he is on the ground is basically a one-shot. There's not much warning for it, other than that he'll stay on the ground and flap his wings and hop a bit. If you see him do that, iframe/backstep immediately.

Asura - 4th Boss.

- Ironically one of the easiest. Almost no change from his 6-man version in how you approach him. Much like Gen and Ken, most of his attacks are frontal aoes, so stay behind him. If you get his by his circular aoe, it won't kill you, but try to watch out for it. Make sure the group prioritizes those lifeblooms as you have fewer bodies to take care of them in 4-man, and people often miss the ones behind them as they rush to get the ones in front. If you have 2 classes that have range protect, it may be helpful to have one save his in case asura tries doing a fire phase right after an ice phase, since the cooldown is too long to let you protect from this. How I typically do it is my FM friend uses veil whenever he has it off cooldown, and I (a sin) save smokescreen for fire phases when his veil is still on cooldown.

edit: correction about volc feathers

59 minutes ago, Ceralune said:

- As a sin, I feel somewhat obligated to say this on behalf of my other fellow sins - For the room right after the 1st boss and before iruga, a sin can stealth you past all of the mobs so that you only have to kill the shield-bearers. Consider asking the sin in your party, if there is one, whether or not he knows how to do this because I often see people die trying to kill all of the mobs, and skipping past them is usually easier.

- You can also start with everybody on one side and lure both bosses to the same side, and kill them that way. I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of this method, or how you keep yourself from dying if they both get to 4 stacks, so I'll let someone else explain it in more detail, but just know that's a thing. I will say that I don't recommend it for a party largely comprised of melee, since it gets a little hard to dodge all the poison being thrown.

Range protection skills (divine veil, smokescreen, etc.) will protect you from Glacier's feathers, but they will not protect you from the fire aoe that comes from Volc's feathers.

• For the same reason, Assassins are typically sent to solo one lane on the way to Ken/Gen in 4-man. Even in 6-man I see people die/lose dragonblood on both Ken/Gen and Iruga's trash mobs. The mobs also have extremely high HP for trash (~100k on the first section and ~200k on the second) and the latter gives no incentive for being killed, so, as with Poh/BSH, it's ideal to skip the mobs if possible. As a fellow Assassin I implore you, please heed our group stealth and let us make your lives much easier; you're literally getting a free taxi ride from just standing still in an obvious circle.
  • The group together lets you have the entire party focus on one boss, preferably Silver first so he can't give his defense buff to Gold (or keep them apart so their buffs can't reach each other).
  • Actually, ranged protection skills do safeguard from Volcano's fire aoe, so it's good to pop a couple down when he's flying.

Ohh, if it's true that range protect defends against volc's feathers, it might not be necessary to have a lurer. Sorry, I partied a FM who told me it wouldn't protect from the fire, so I took that to me the fire wasn't a "range attack." In that case you can be a little less cautious, but it is still one of the bosses where I see the most people die, for whatever reason. 

If you plan to fight Gen and Ken on the same side, you would need to burn down the silver first, then only dps the gold, you can group them up and dps together, just make sure the silver is down first as it has lesser HP. This is to prevent you from getting hit by the 4th AOE from both of them after 3 stack, you won't survive it. My group did it this way before but it was quite messy, now we just do it the normal way of 2/2 split.

You also can SS the AOE to avoid getting any debuff on you, this is also a way to avoid dying to 4th AOE if you plan on stacking them both on the same side.

On 5/8/2016 at 0:26 PM, Ceralune said:

Volcano and Glacier - 3rd Boss. - When either of these two are in the air, they target feather projectiles at the CLOSEST person.

Sometimes it feels like they'll target their aggro holder. On a note, the person being targeted will get a debuff to indicate that they are marked (Asura does this too on fire sword phase), so it's always good to pay attention to your UI and surroundings.

As Ceralune said these pairs of brainless chickens are not to be underestimated in 4-man. One of my parties kept wiping about 7 or so times (and someone ragequitted because their weapon broke even though we told them to relog to fix it) because the projectiles they shoot while flying are just that dangerous. The flaming aoe that Volcano does takes away 70% of my health (I have 58k HP), but the tell is when his wings and chest feathers are flaming red.

Also try not to die while splitting them. If the aggro holder dies and one bird can't find anyone to aggro, they will immediately reset, and if any one of the birds died they will respawn with full health.

At the beginning, the two birds will aggro on someone (I think the closest one to whoever is on the ground first). The other bird will also target that person because it just... Doesn't notice the others I guess? This will change after they switch once. The closest person will then be targeted. Sorry, I probably should have said that. 

So whoever gets aggro for the beginning of the fight needs to watch his back. 

Archived