Sum - Mushin tower 8 help

DirectorTseng

As the title suggest I need some help with Mushin floor 8. Now before you all say it yes I have looked to builds on bnstree, I have watched sooo many damn video run through and looked at their builds and tried to copy what they do. 8.1 is easy I can kill him with over a minute left on his timer, but it's 8.2 that just wrecks me. In all the video's of other summoners they almost never seemed to get frozen and are able to run around him easily. With in the first hit after the initial red aoe (when he pulls you in) I'm frozen and frozen the entire fight.

I double tap out but with in seconds I'm frozen again. Watching other players mushin tends to stick to their cat when they taunt.. nope.. this MF is on my ass like a cute man that dropped the soap in prison. He completely ignores my cat and almost none of my knock downs or CC work on him. If I SS back he's there before I even fully come out of it and has me up in the air and down in a matter of seconds. This guy is plowing through nearly 60K hp in a few hits. I have 412 AP and 37% Crit (well over 2K crit)

So i'm trying to figure out what the hell i'm doing wrong.

I think 412 is not enough for 3rd form, but maybe you can do 2nd form.

I've cleared him very often already, and I never see him cast ice in his 2nd form (3rd form sometimes when I mess up). Here's what I do for 2nd form:
https://bnstree.com/SU?build=500100210141107541082111031200312062110532106431373111211304322113220211209321091120132

These are the minimal skills I use. (lvl 50 HM1 is enough for everything in this)

Whenever you're not doing anything in this list, spam Sunflower/LMB

• Start with Doom 'n Bloom and Sunflower spam. He pulls and grabs cat.
  • Wait until he lets cat go and immediately Daze with Thorn Strike.
  • Cat pounces him.
  • When cat attack animation ends and he's licking his claws, use Weed Whack to Snare him. (So it only gets an 8 sec cooldown)
  • He will be stuck for 5 seconds, continue sunflowering. When you see the debuff hits the last second, have cat taunt.
  • He will be focused on cat for 8 seconds.
  • As soon as the Taunt ends, your Hammer + Pounce should be off cooldown, go back to step 2 and repeat.
  • As such, he will be locked in place.

When he gets to his Fire storm (every 20%), go to the edge of the map and do a backstep on his 4th wave and you'll pass through.
He will teleport to you. Watch which attack he will do (he has resist during his half circle attack) and get a cc on him asap to start the above sequence again.

If you mess up the sequence and he does Ice, backstep and put up a Petal Storm. It'll block all the projectiles. You can then resist his dash attack with Beckon/True Friend.
If this happens and your skills are on cooldown, use Uppercut/Playtime to get some more seconds off your cooldowns so you can get the sequence started again.

------

3rd form is the same sequence, but he sometimes does this black twister attack where he floats in the air. He will be vulnerable to cc as he comes down from that twister, so use that window wisely. The rest is the same, he just has a lot more health.

Ty so much, I'll try this out tomorrow when I do my Tower daily run. The build  you linked is almost identical to the one I run.. just have to switch one or two points here and there.

I don't know why he freezes me, he does the same to a clanny yet we both watch video's and none of the others get frozen in that stage. It's both the light freeze where you are white and move really really slow and then the full up frozen can't move.

Once more then you for writing this all out. I'll try it out and hopefully I can finally kick this mofo into the dirt. I managed to bump my AP to 417 with a few small upgrades, have to see if that helps any.

You should be fine with 400+.

Spec your cat to have daze, stun, and knockdown. 

When he teleports to you, seed shroud. It resets grasping root cd so you can snare him again. 

Other than that, just dps and cat tank when he isn't snared. 

Also note for the third form that you want to stand inside that black circle where he is floating in the air, since this gives you an AP buff and a small dot dmg, which is negligible for you. I´d avoid the cat standing inside the circle if you don´t have 50khp+ on your cat, which is not easy (since cat tends to follow you) but it´s also ok if cat takes the dot, you might need to res him, do it during one of the flame phases.

Some tips:

When he does the red aoe, use beckon and recall cat to you and after the first circle blasts use true friend or let the cat taunt during the aoe and that will make sure it doesnt die (if the cat dies, u can use one of those 6s immunity potions and res him up without having to worry about getting hit or dying)

When you root him do not stand in front of him, always move to the side or back.

chain your Cc's. the more he is on the floor the better for you.

Time your cc's.Make sure you do have enough crit.Watch out for the phases he do resists .I don't put my cat to taunt -at all -because he entirely skips my cat ,so i just run around him timing the cc,s and stuns- and the cat stays in crouch only when he start doing the red aoe in middle,nothing else .

He will skip the freeze circles if you dish enough dps.

If your cat is lower then 500 hp ,when he does the red aoe ,call cat on the edge (make sure cat is not stuck already in middle) and put in crouch at edge while you iframe the last wave.

Is easy once you catch his moves and you will be very satisfied when you will take him down :) good luck !

3 hours ago, Windy said:

Time your cc's.Make sure you do have enough crit.Watch out for the phases he do resists .I don't put my cat to taunt -at all -because he entirely skips my cat

Then you're doing something wrong :P
The sequence I posted earlier works every time. If you make cat taunt while the root is in the final second, and you are behind Mushin, he will always go for the cat taunt.

Thank you all for the advice, i'll see if I can finally kill him.. that ice is what gets me all the time cause it kills my movement speed and I can't get away from him fast enough to avoid attacks like every other boss in mushins tower.

As of Right now I'm running at 60K HP, 417 AP and my cat is running 59K hp and 242 ap. I'm also up to 43% crit.. i did some tweeking with gear last night and haven't tried it on mushin yet

@EvaLynBoder  I prefer not to fight with Mushin's moodiness-because most of time he actually will skip cat at times-so i plus dps while cat not tanking .Since fighting with jughando ,i got used not to tank with cat if possible-its a known fact that sometimes ,even if cat is in crouch,while you dish dps ,you will anyways take the agro.I don't rely on the cat so much ,but on the skills and timing attacks.

Well I can say I tried all of this and still the same, frozen the entire match.. ignores cat completely. Root only lands 1/4 of the time, and he is on my ass constantly and being frozen he spikes me into combo's constantly. 

Finally said *cricket* it and just CC the *cricket* out of him or attempted to and got him to 7% hp.. then my *cricket*ing computer froze!

Not sure about freezing, I think only  1 or 2 of his combos actually freeze but I have never got frozen the entire fight.

Don't bother taunting Mushin, it won't stick, the way to fight him is to CC + pounce, root and some kitting around. Make sure you are always circling around him since his attack are mostly frontal. When he goes mid for the aoe, use True Friend if up, make sure to Q your cat so it doesn't die, this allows you to continue dps-ing while ignoring the aoe. If True Friend is not up, Q your can, hit him a few times then run to the edge, do a 4+F and run back in to continue DPS. You should CC + pounce him whenever you can, spec your pounce to have the knockdown after 10s as well, it helps.

For root to actually work, timing is important, if he is already in gap closer animation it won't work, but I don't use root though. If you see him going to combo you, use 4 to counter, or get some invulnerability pots if you can't take too much of the hit.

Archived