First Impressions/Questions

zoqor

Hello All,

I began playing B&S yesterday. I'm playing a sorcerer, enjoy "glass cannon" type casters, and am not overly interested in PvP though would like to do it on occassion. Thus far, my experience has been mixed. A couple of questions and notes:

• Graphics are beautiful. I enjoyed the intro. and storyline quite a bit. NPC's have personalities, I like it.
  • Collision detection seems odd (possibly buggy). In the Bamboo village I could quite literally walk through boulders, whereas elsewhere I could not. Is that normal? I.e. some objects are just intentionally set with no collision, or is this a bug? I was also able to glide to areas where I'd be "stuck" and have to jump/glide out of.
  • There were more obvious bots with unpronouncable random strings for names than actually people in town. I read it is worse in PvP.... I don't want to do PvP because I'm either beating easy bots, or losing to tough ones. It defeats the purpose of a game. Can you play this game and just ignore them?
  • Combat and controls were utterly awkward for me to the point of frustration. I'm left-handed and play with a left-handed mouse. My thoughts are to slowly remap the keys to the other side of the keyboard. But even if I play "right-handed" it is kind of confusing. Does this get easier in time? Any left-handers out there?
  • Any advice/suggestions appreciated. The game looks great, but I'm kind of concerned about the weird glitches and bots and stuff. Controls... I'll make do.

Thanks,

z

Not sure about walking through boulders, but invisible walls are common in games that have flying/gliding. I probably had the least issues with this in WoW, but both BnS and Aion have invisible air walls all over.

Bots aren't as active in dungeons as they used to be at least the ones I've been running. Higher content tends to have less. The same is true for pve and pvp. When you reach a certain pvp rank there tends to be less bots. There has been however a wave of hackers showing up in pvp (have not seen this in pve aside from soul stone plains which is a mix of pve/pvp).

The controls feel pretty normal to me, so I don't really have any input/advice on that.

While the occasional bot in arena or afk in a dungeon is annoying, I still find the game interesting. Joining a clan or making some friends to play with goes a long way imo. The game isn't very community heavy, and you can progress through everything solo. However, as I get bored doing the same dailies over and over, it's mostly my clan that keeps me logging on. I also love the costumes. Make friends and play the game at your own pace.

The game isn't for everyone, but I think it is a good game. Not sure what level you're at, but I'd at least get to 36+, preferably 45. Content approx 22-24 and under is pretty much still tutorial. And there's not much challenging until 45. Around 36 I'd say you'd have a good feel if you like the game or not as you get a decent idea what the dungeons, story, quests, dailies, etc are like. This is just my opinion though, so play and figure out how you feel about it.

Graphic and story lines are top-notch in this game, in my opinion. I read the text of every quest, including the side quests and daily quests, while leveling up. I really enjoyed them.

I agree that some graphics look deceiving. For example, there is a big gap between the poles, but I can't walk through them and have to walk around it. 

There are bots in game, a lot of them, but I won't worry about them too much. Sometimes, they could be of help to you, and other times, they are against you. You can try to move to another channel if they bother you.

I'm right handed. I actually wonder if left handed works out better because most of the keys, even the movement ones, are on the left hand side. My left hand seems doing more important jobs during combat than my right hand. My right hand is just for pressing 2 mouse buttons and control the camera. For someone with a gaming mouse with many keybinds on the buttons, maybe it makes a big difference.

Archived