Please help with gem

Domio

Hi, i like to ask.

What would you rather use on your KFM of these gems: 600Block or 600Evasion or 600 Defense?

Please only reply with one of these options and please share why you pick that gem.

Thank you.

yeh eva o3o cause kfm already have block + block only reduce the dmg while eva ignore it defense is ok too but meh i think it works better on classes that can increases their defense like fm,destroyer no idea if kfm can too.

2 minutes ago, spongemike said:

600Evasion is the best.But I though the 600Evasion is also a diamond gem no? If that's the case isn't it better to have AP instead?

OP was asking only for those gems and thats why i said Evasion600. Not all players like to use AP gems you know.

KFM dont need to have inzane AP to kill his targets, he or she can make them kill themselves with their own skills.

• 2 weeks later...

When I would pick which gem:

Block:
Against mobs that are lower level than me. for example if I solo farm a low level heroic dungeon. The damage reduction and CC resist will stack better than for evasion, as natural/gear evasion will already suffer from strong diminishing returns.

Evasion:
For solo challenges like Tower or when I do a lot of equiv level AoE, since it provides better general damage reduction (basic block is low for KFM, basic evasion is high). This one will rank higher if I also socket an evasion triggered gem. Also ranks higher if I decide on evasion-zero-cast-time Comet Strike for AoE.

Defense:
Overall my favourite, also my choice for PvP (players stack too much accuracy, also many attacks cannot be evaded), and for boss fights (evade does not work on red telegraph attacks). With at least one point in Counter, successful counter will double your defense stat for 8 seconds, making 1200 out of that 600 gem bonus. Also: Defense works on attacks from behind.

I've only tried evasion, and boy oh boy, I love it. Great for taking on multiple enemies - use tremor (inflaming ground and pulls enemies), iframe once, leads to 100% evasion, then spam comet strike and build from there. Some have  told me to replace it with AP diamond, but it's hard to let go of. It's also funny to look at when you avoid hits when a destroyer swings his axe around. You get in to "the zone."

Red area attacks are non evadable/counterable regardless of defense/block/evasion. You will need to always Q and E or SS to avoid damage.

For PvE

If you had to use one over the others(And not AP), go with evasion. Block only works to amplify your native block rate (not pressing 1) which is meh you will already have pretty high block rate and you should be pressing 1 instead. Defense doesn't scale well with most bosses as they are evolved and defense doesn't increase evolved defense. Evasion is great because it works well with your kit as well as increases counter rate. AP is still more beneficial though.

As for PvP

Go with defense. For fun I made a full evasion build (Naksun infused with full evasion and evasion diamond) and it failed miserably even with 60% native evasion (Q and E instantly made me start evading skills). It seems PvP has it's own evasion and accuracy stats that aren't listed or maybe I just kept getting the short end of the stick for w/e reason. (Since then I switched to crit defense infuse and you become a monster that is nearly unkillable if you rotate skills properly. In OWPVP and WWV ofc)

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/19/2016 at 9:09 PM, StrawHat said:

I've only tried evasion, and boy oh boy, I love it. Great for taking on multiple enemies - use tremor (inflaming ground and pulls enemies), iframe once, leads to 100% evasion, then spam comet strike and build from there. Some have  told me to replace it with AP diamond, but it's hard to let go of. It's also funny to look at when you avoid hits when a destroyer swings his axe around. You get in to "the zone."

Red area attacks are non evadable/counterable regardless of defense/block/evasion. You will need to always Q and E or SS to avoid damage.

what youre seeing here is probably not passive evasion but the agility buff that you get from evading 3 attacks while using q/e/ss 

Archived