Sign in to follow this  
Mastrof

Purpose on game?

Recommended Posts

Mastrof   

Hi,

I played a lot on Lineage 2 some years ago, and what i reaaaaally loved is that beside the farming and equiping yourself, you had everymonth the Heroes tournament for each class, so you could fight yourself there for a weapon and skill that made the diference. In here tournament is just some new cloth and exp charms, nothing good really.

Lineage2 had the Castle Sieges, so each weekend you could fight to take control over it or defend it if you have it, i really love this cause it has so many thing involve, your clan and alliances that you have. In here is nothing near that.

Soooo, beside the farming and geting end gear, whats the point in game? Like, you get into there and then what? Pvp hasnt good rewards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVP does have good rewards. You get 2000 zen beans and if you are Diamond in PVP you can exchange that for 50 Soulstones. Now on my server Soulstones are 32 silver each. You sell them that's like 16 gold. For each match you win in there you get a ton of zen beans and also from the daily quests give you zen beans. Now, with the new update, they also made it to where you can buy Hongmoon skills and other cool stuff from tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, H1GHV0LT4G3 said:

PVP does have good rewards. You get 2000 zen beans and if you are Diamond in PVP you can exchange that for 50 Soulstones. Now on my server Soulstones are 32 silver each. You sell them that's like 16 gold. For each match you win in there you get a ton of zen beans and also from the daily quests give you zen beans. Now, with the new update, they also made it to where you can buy Hongmoon skills and other cool stuff from tournament.

I already buy all the gold I want... so then what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DeadlyAxeMan said:

I already buy all the gold I want... so then what?

I don't know, not everybody spends a crap ton of money just so they can get to end so they can be bored. For me personally, I like having to earn everything, means the game will last longer for me and when I get to end game I can feel that I earned it through hardwork. I guess if you are that bored, become #1 player on the tournament PVP Ladder and you will get the best rewards.

 

Sorry if I have grammar or something mistakes. English isn't my first language.

Edited by H1GHV0LT4G3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There really is no purpose on this game other than gearing your character non-stop to beat old/new content easier... and.. that's about it... wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mastrof   
34 minutes ago, H1GHV0LT4G3 said:

PVP does have good rewards. You get 2000 zen beans and if you are Diamond in PVP you can exchange that for 50 Soulstones. Now on my server Soulstones are 32 silver each. You sell them that's like 16 gold. For each match you win in there you get a ton of zen beans and also from the daily quests give you zen beans. Now, with the new update, they also made it to where you can buy Hongmoon skills and other cool stuff from tournament.

Well, avoiding the stupid comment of AxeMan, i am hm8 with true breeze and 580 ap now, i think im pretty high in the average of people. I was Diamond last month were PVP was more funny cause they werent many hackers like this days, and i made a lot of money before cause SS was also like 30, now it went up, true, i still have 14000 beans. 

I really do PVP and my soulstone purchase is less than 200 till today. But if you compare with L2 (i only play long time to that MMORPG), in here you have no rewards on PVP, beside money... like in there the Heroe status, skill and weap, the castles. In here is just achievement and money... Open world PVP only gives you achievement.

And becoming #1 on tournament is just an outfit, how good reward is that?? :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zuf   
46 minutes ago, DeadlyAxeMan said:

I already buy all the gold I want... so then what?

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mastrof said:

Well, avoiding the stupid comment of AxeMan, i am hm8 with true breeze and 580 ap now, i think im pretty high in the average of people. I was Diamond last month were PVP was more funny cause they werent many hackers like this days, and i made a lot of money before cause SS was also like 30, now it went up, true, i still have 14000 beans. 

I really do PVP and my soulstone purchase is less than 200 till today. But if you compare with L2 (i only play long time to that MMORPG), in here you have no rewards on PVP, beside money... like in there the Heroe status, skill and weap, the castles. In here is just achievement and money... Open world PVP only gives you achievement.

And becoming #1 on tournament is just an outfit, how good reward is that?? :/

I guess you do have a point, but what skills and weapons would they give if they did make it like L2?All the hongmoon path necessary weps come from dungeons. I guess we are a little different, I like PVP because of the competition. I think its really exciting when you beat another player in tournament. :D

 

Edited by H1GHV0LT4G3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shukran   

i am (was) pretty sure that , when someone loves to pvp, he does it for the glory, not for a material reward. if i wanted material rewards i went to tournaments on ESL sites et simila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yetan   

I think we play this game to collect stuff, including outfits, soul shields, weapons and accessories, etc. We don't play the game to be the "best of X", because there is no way to judge it fairly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mastrof   

Idk, im just asking and wanted to read others opinions... I like to pvp and all the dynamic it has on it, that other MMORPG doesnt have it, and i still doing it cause i like it, the same as i play bf4, i just go shoot because i enjoy it. Buttttt, as is good in something is bad in other things imo. Here like in any shooter, pvp is occasionally, you do it and it ends there (beside tournament that you can get money, outfit, exp charm), comparing with L2 castle siege, you have other bigger picture beside the Clan/Alliance daily War that is the occasionally pvp. You need to gather your clan once a week to defend/attack, you need to talk with other clans/alliances to make strategy, to fight against others...

And idk in future contente like Hells Island if will bring more to the game, or it will be like the 6v6 that maybe you get 10 minutes queue cause has worst reward than regular arena, and not many ppl seems to enjoy it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the problem is that if PvP is your gauge for having fun that it's not a very balanced one. Arenas are poo and the new zone is based on real gear so there's no balance there to speak of. I can't say that this game handles it very well at all.

 

If PvE is your gauge, then you're correct, there's nothing to do but grind to get better gear so that it's easier to grind. There are no difficulty levels so old content basically becomes irrelevant as an actual challenge once you're powerful enough in game. I can't quite figure out where the excitement remains for most outside of spending time with friends/guildies once you've progressed, and those who aren't quite to that level, I don't see how they make it through the grind to get there.

 

This game has also spread out the population so heavily that unlike SWTOR, GW2, and most other MMOs people don't just hang out together in game enjoying the visuals of central hubs, etc. There are just a lot of elements that could be great that have been gutted because the of the incessant gold grind in this game and the rate that new content has been released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeronX   
3 hours ago, Mastrof said:

whats the point in game?

Giving moniez to NCsoft obviously. Nothing else matters.

Edited by ZeronX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mucski   

The game has a lot of fun stuff to do, unfortunately people race towards the end gear ever since it's release therefore everyone follows the herd. I see nobody chatting, I see everyone frustrated to get this and that only to upgrade upgrade ... and more upgrade. Open PvP supposed to be fun, but only people with very high PC can frequent it, and hackers .... due to poor optimization and whatnot. Arena is fun even though for some reason everyone learned how to PvP since they announced the tournament ...

 

The purpose of BW in misty woods is something similar to your Castle, one faction starts hitting it, the others purpose is to stop it and take it over and so on and so forth, unfortunately again, with this horrible optimization, everyone is just happy if they can kill it without burning their PC to ashes.

 

Soulstone plains purpose supposed to be the same as BW, except this time it's a bit more enhanced and for a wider audience, it also failed due to poor optimization and hackers ...

 

So all in all people just sit in cross-server all day farming for this and that, some do it with their clan, and why the community ain't no fun to talk to or socialize, thus making the game look like an endless grind fest with nothing else to do.

 

Also I must add whoever thinks this game is no fun has 0 imagination or creativity...

Edited by Mucski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mastrof   
26 minutes ago, Mucski said:

The game has a lot of fun stuff to do, unfortunately people race towards the end gear ever since it's release therefore everyone follows the herd. I see nobody chatting, I see everyone frustrated to get this and that only to upgrade upgrade ... and more upgrade. Open PvP supposed to be fun, but only people with very high PC can frequent it, and hackers .... due to poor optimization and whatnot. Arena is fun even though for some reason everyone learned how to PvP since they announced the tournament ...

 

The purpose of BW in misty woods is something similar to your Castle, one faction starts hitting it, the others purpose is to stop it and take it over and so on and so forth, unfortunately again, with this horrible optimization, everyone is just happy if they can kill it without burning their PC to ashes.

 

Soulstone plains purpose supposed to be the same as BW, except this time it's a bit more enhanced and for a wider audience, it also failed due to poor optimization and hackers ...

 

So all in all people just sit in cross-server all day farming for this and that, some do it with their clan, and why the community ain't no fun to talk to or socialize, thus making the game look like an endless grind fest with nothing else to do.

 

Also I must add whoever thinks this game is no fun has 0 imagination or creativity...

Ya, is a Massive game, so most fun must come from the massive stuff, from people interactions between each other. And i share opinion in things that you say, people in partys (when you go with random in cross server) most of the times doesnt talk, and sometimes they behave like shit. Today i went into Sogun, in first twin boss, 2 dudes died, we finish it anyways, and other 2 people start talking trasht that they were noobs, what they are doing here, etc etc... Later on other party, also in Sogun, we miss some of the KD Stun instance, other people start again talking trash and quit party without trying a second chance, making angry everybody else and myself also.

Its like if some people, if they waste 1 minute by a mistake they enter into berserk mode and start talking shit to everyone.

 

Im in Yunwa server, almost everybody switched to Crimson, is like 10 v 1, Cerulean cant do SSP, Cant take out BW from reds. So, in my server isnt much fun that part... I wish they bring server transfer up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mucski said:

The game has a lot of fun stuff to do, unfortunately people race towards the end gear ever since it's release therefore everyone follows the herd. I see nobody chatting, I see everyone frustrated to get this and that only to upgrade upgrade ... and more upgrade. Open PvP supposed to be fun, but only people with very high PC can frequent it, and hackers .... due to poor optimization and whatnot. Arena is fun even though for some reason everyone learned how to PvP since they announced the tournament ...

The purpose of BW in misty woods is something similar to your Castle, one faction starts hitting it, the others purpose is to stop it and take it over and so on and so forth, unfortunately again, with this horrible optimization, everyone is just happy if they can kill it without burning their PC to ashes.

Soulstone plains purpose supposed to be the same as BW, except this time it's a bit more enhanced and for a wider audience, it also failed due to poor optimization and hackers ...

So all in all people just sit in cross-server all day farming for this and that, some do it with their clan, and why the community ain't no fun to talk to or socialize, thus making the game look like an endless grind fest with nothing else to do.

Also I must add whoever thinks this game is no fun has 0 imagination or creativity...

I agree with this. The game doesn't have much to offer in terms of downtime activities. It mainly puts its entire focus on grinding endlessly for materials you need to upgrade weapons. There isn't much incentive to do anything besides that. PvP is a wreck because of bots and hackers, SSP is hindered by poor optimization and BW has turned into a grindfest due to faction imbalance. As far as achievements go, they are mostly down to repetitive doing of dungeons (seriously, killing Blackram Narrows boss 1k times?!) or quests or collecting soul shields which again require doing more repetitive dungeon grinding. Even leveling professions is out of the question because of profession design. There isn't much worth doing in terms of meaningful content but yeah, the person with imagination can always find new ways to entertain themselves even in a game that has nothing interesting to offer. I personally have an alt which changes outfit every once in a while and the outfit varies according to the story. I have bunch of weapon skins in my vault to match those outfits as well so I'm kinda having fun and entertain myself with it. But on the serious note, I really hope this attitude changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatHead   

What is the purpose of life? 

 

 

 

What is the purpose of bns ?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of crafting, it's a bit ridiculous that there's no way to completely earn the mats on your own. If you have bad luck--and with the drop rates you'll have bad luck--you'll never get the materials that you need to farm the mats. You can for instance craft pickaxes, but it costs so much in time and resources that it literally makes no sense to do so. I'd never played a game where the crafting is next to impossible to do "efficiently" without spending real money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this