Bardo

What did this guy do

Bardo   

Hi, like to ask, what did this guy do to enable this?

He has no name on him and no faction when mouse is above him. Only shows Health and the Unidentified and Really weird icon beside it.

Screenshot shows what happends if you click to inspect.

lgaSmFN.jpg

ALL other players around me and him i could see names on and get normal info when i click them.

So? Is it a cheat or what ever?

It's a special mask you buy at the faction merchant in mistywoods. You either get by killing a shit ton of the opposing faction and 1 gold... Or for 1000 gold and no kills.

They become "unidentified" with it on, but when they take it off you can click on their name like normal.

Edited by DirectorTseng

Bardo   
3 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

It's a special mask you buy at the faction merchant in mistywoods. You either get by killing a shit ton of the opposing faction and 1 gold... Or for 1000 gold and no kills.

A mask that lets you block ALL your info on the character?? Your trolling right?

Bardo   

Then that cannot be, because he didnt have any faction clothes on.

Velsham   

you don't need a faction uniform. Your clan uniform + clan mask can also do the trick.

2 minutes ago, Velsham said:

you don't need a faction uniform. Your clan uniform + clan mask can also do the trick.

That I did not know about. There you go, faction or clan.. Either way it's part of the game.

Bardo   

I dont understand whats the point of it, why have they made a way to hide player name and grey out All other menu options on the player? All we can do is report and target. You cant even whisper to them or invite them...

I saw something similar to that but it was do to me blocking them (block and spam block). Probably not the same thing the OP is talking about though.

1 hour ago, Bardo said:

I dont understand whats the point of it, why have they made a way to hide player name and grey out All other menu options on the player? All we can do is report and target. You cant even whisper to them or invite them...

So that angry people cannot flame them and report for killing them? o.o Or just to be an *cricket* towards other players since no one knows who he is. Also it might be used by hackers to hide their names so it's not easy to report them.

KatHead   

Seems like these are most often used by cheaters, though I know for a fact a lot of legit players have them as well. 

AmatsuDF   

You also can get 1000 faction kills to get it for 1 gold. So whoever has it either did a lot of killing or a lot of swiping.