H2H

To clear up some confusion on Yeti...

Recommended Posts

H2H   

I have been through countless fails on Yeti. Tonight was ALMOST no exception. But we made it. Actually his enrage timer activated, but during the last few breaths while he was preparing for his final attack we took away the very last of his HP.

 

But I have observed and have determined that much of the thinking about Yeti is wrong. At least the second stage where he draws cold. Everyone seems to thinks that you need to get frozen. While this may keep you safe, this means that your entire party is NOT ATTACKING. And the whole time the enrage timer is counting down. It doesn't matter if you avoid damage if his enrage timer hits and he does his ARENA-of-effect jump of death. So avoid the ice circles and his freeze attacks and keep up the dps.

 

I'm an fm and I only get 3 iframes. When the bar shows on the screen to prepare to dodge, I PREPARE TO DODGE. When it hits green- I DODGE.

 

If anything, you have to UP the dps in the second stage for time lost being frozen. Because one or  two of your party will more than likely get frozen, so you gotta make up for their dps. But most parties I'm in say "let him freeze you". I tried that and the party fails then, too.

 

I've seen parties of 600+ fall victim to the rage timer. But around 600, they cant hear anyone but themselves. Tonites party: 470-; (yes thats a minus). I believe the top player had 476. No cc's, actually messed up the first tank throw during heat phase(my fault), and one member almost gave up and said "rip".

 

Just to be clear- This is not me ripping on others who failed, or me being boastful. Every yeti is a team effort as far as i know; we win together or we fail together; except those bastards who leave as soon as they see the clock on the health meter - DEM HOES AIN'T LOYAL! This is just an effort to help others who are having trouble because, lets face it, we see alot more fails in yeti than successes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerecas   

Get a skilled FM in your party and the rest of the party don't even need to worry about Cold phrase at all. Don't have to hold off at 30% HP either. A FM's skill can definitely nullify at least 7 Ice Cruxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
babeln   
20 minutes ago, H2H said:

I've seen parties of 600+ fall victim to the rage timer.

absolute disagree, they wipe cuz they fail mechanics and gets wiped

if you push dps too fast, he does some things without you having time to react or do anything

550+ 580+ pugs are so fail this days, cuz people simply doesnt understand mechanics and think that ap will help them

and it is very sad, cuz for me, to have 550+ ap, i farmed yeti lair necro all more than 100+ runs, now ppl just spend some cash for boxes, gets ap, fail, so they go to buy more boxes, to have 650ap, and fail even more LOL

 

Edit:

To explain: 

Too much dps causes most classes have stun on cd on 3rd fire phase = wipe.

Without fm, on cold phase, too much dps causes yeti to grab cold without you having time to clear it = wipe. fm can save party by frost sheathing. Same as good sin or summoner can iframe slams and protect party, bm can too if theres only few slams (4 i think) but thats super rare to meet those, fm has it easiest. Just wait at 33perc without fm, or with fm who doesnt know.

Sad is, that in this 550 580+ pugs, ppl die to such basic things as are his normal jumps, which is lame, and points out player skill.

I cry when i do yeti daily this days, allways mad that i didnt wait for clanmates, cuz this pugs are 25perc chance to win.

Enrage is totally not problem.

 

Oh and one more tip, on fire phase, if you cc him, stick to his butt, he does heat pool on ground, which gives you dps buff, might help with enrage timer, if you do it with dps weaker party (490+ 4man easy, 520+ 3man easy, did so many times).

But all this is in guides, theres so many of them. I wonder why ppl dont even bother reading/watching them. This dungeon is fastest, but have unforgiving mechanics, tho theyre pretty simple.

 

 

Edited by babeln

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shelly   

I've done a lot of 6 man yeti, and the ap required seems to be around 440 to have decent amount of time left over. 420, still doable, but pretty *cricket*ing hard. No, you should take ice. He sucks in the cold icicles if someone keeps dpsing, itll force him to suck up icicles. If no one is attacking, he won't suck any up. Also. In general, tank should jump in ice. Everyone should get mushroom fire if you don't want to waste time being in ice. The icicles on the ground coorelate to how many ice slams yeti will do. Fms, I heard can iframe 8 cruxes and party save somehow. Summoners can do 5 and party save.  Also, I feel like you're confused? You jump into ice to get rid of it, not to keep you safe. I jump into ice because I'm the tank. Tanks can't get mushroom fire. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
babeln   
10 minutes ago, Shelly said:

I've done a lot of 6 man yeti, and the ap required seems to be around 440 to have decent amount of time left over. 420, still doable, but pretty *cricket*ing hard. No, you should take ice. He sucks in the cold icicles if someone keeps dpsing, itll force him to suck up icicles. If no one is attacking, he won't suck any up. Also. In general, tank should jump in ice. Everyone should get mushroom fire if you don't want to waste time being in ice. The icicles on the ground coorelate to how many ice slams yeti will do. Fms, I heard can iframe 8 cruxes and party save somehow. Summoners can do 5 and party save.  Also, I feel like you're confused? You jump into ice to get rid of it, not to keep you safe. I jump into ice because I'm the tank. Tanks can't get mushroom fire. 

 

oh yea my ap were for 4man.

FM simply frost armor themselves for X - 3 slams, whereas X is number of cruxes. Last 3 frost sheath all party, and they unfreeze right before final big slam. Sin can iframe every 8 slams, and do that blue stuff protection for all party for his last big slam. Bm does hm block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H2H   

Nevermind. I forgot this is a community where everyone already knows everything about everything, including the exact situation I was in. You know, because they were there, obviously. Why do we even have forums?

Edited by H2H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an FM, you can stun in heat phase to force open the hot vein, and sheath the party in cold phase. Your party will be fine even with 8 Frozen Cruxes absorbed, as the FM will Tab the first five and sheath the next three to prevent the debuff get refreshed. If done it right, all of you will get out of the frozen state just before the Yeti slams.

 

A BD, BM, Sin or Summoner can also protect the party from the killing slam with their party protection skill (I think BD and Sin needs HM book for that). But, as an FM, you have more reliable way to save your party.

 

You don't need to step on every ice. If you feel five is enough than stop stepping more, though with an FM,  you don't even need to step on any or keep Yeti's HP at above 30%.

 

In 6-man group, people tend to be more aggressive and careless due to two lives from Dragon Blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen this failed so many times it isn't funny. Every zone in this game is laughably easy compared to 4 and 6 man Yeti, even 4 man Sogun's is a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmatsuDF   

I too was in a similar situation against Yeti tonight...we only won because my Lightning Draw had put full bleed stacks on him. Typically because people will keep on DPSing and likely trigger the cold absorb 'early', the first time the ice cruxes appear, standing on them is a good idea, but the second time around, it's a bad idea because you'll have a lot more time to destroy them. I've only met one group that slowed their DPS to allow destroying the ice cruxes via the fireballs from the mushrooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hongmoon   

Just tell your party to get 2 hearts and tell them not to lose any before 40%. You can just dps the crap out of yeti then without needing to worry about iframing anything. Obviously you will still need competent tank that won't let himself get grabbed, and competent people that know how to cc a boss during the first 50%.

 

The only real reason yeti 6man runs fail is because people are morons and skip on hearts. Naryu coins aren't rare. You would have 10x the amount compared to your actual gold.

Edited by Hongmoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is completely normal to get frozen with the ice. For example in high AP parties (lowest AP being 520 and highest 590) you simply do too much damage within the time so that if you do not get frozen the yeti will absorb nearly all the ice and then you have to dodge up to 7 times. Most classes do not have 7 iframes and not every party has/need FM. Often people who nearly run out of time are those ones who have one or two person dying during the run which causes the DPS lower too much. I have done many of runs where we don't stop DPS during the ice phase but instead people take 1-2 ice per person and leave rest to be iframed. I have finished all runs with 1-2 minutes left in the timer if no one died. Only time when it was close call was when everyone else died but me due to timing error in cold phase. Luckily I got Soulburn from our WL and managed to kill it just when timer hit 0.

 

50 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

Just tell your party to get 2 hearts and tell them not to lose any before 40%. You can just dps the crap out of yeti then without needing to worry about iframing anything. Obviously you will still need competent tank that won't let himself get grabbed, and competent people that know how to cc a boss during the first 50%.

 

The only real reason yeti 6man runs fail is because people are morons and skip on hearts. Naryu coins aren't rare. You would have 10x the amount compared to your actual gold.

6-man yeah. People get cocky if they survive once or twice and then they think they'll never need hearts again. Happens still even in lv 45 purples with even those HM8 people. But in 4-man it's so different since you cannot *cricket* up as you don't get any hearts. One death might cause the run fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still struggle with cold phase in 6-man PUGs sometimes. Easily the trickiest part of the entire fight and the one that can turn the tide for/against you if you got just enough overall DPS to battle the enrage timer. It's less for knowing what to do and more for which to do: step on ice pools, firebals from mushrooms on ice pools or DPS and hope iframes/Dragonblood lets you live through the AOE after the # cruxes? With how the entire group behaves, you'd need some experience to tell which approach will work better. I think I learned enough to be able to pull my own weight OK after doing 3 successful runs last night, plus a couple other ones in the past, but I'm still wary of cold phase if party as a whole is a bit too careless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

from 2:54 minutes onwards, thats how i do the mechanic, if there was like 8 Crux, i time myself to frost-tab and take in 5 Crux first, count in your mind, after 5 crux u press "Tab" again to break your frost armor and quickly press V(Frost Sheath) to activate the skill to take in another 3 more Crux, and you will left with Q / E / SS for iframing his ulti. or summoners can party seed shroud for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
15 hours ago, Velrofica said:

if there was like 8 Crux, i time myself to frost-tab and take in 5 Crux first, count in your mind, after 5 crux u press "Tab" again to break your frost armor and quickly press V(Frost Sheath) to activate the skill to take in another 3 more Crux

If he absorbs 8, do you iframe the freeze aoe and then use tab or do you use tab before the aoe? If before, you can only take 4 punshes with tab shield and the last 3 with V. That's also the safest way and I see all fm doing it that way.

 

To the Problem with too high damage for the phases: There is never a problem if you have a fm in the group because he can manage everything so no need to worry about dps. FM is by far the most usefull class in group pve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   

You pretty much need to get rid of the ice because how do you expect melees to get near him when the ice takes up most the field and rows of mushrooms covering the edges? Also, eight wave of freezing slams is rather stressful and iframing all that does take away a bit of DPS too. Also, there's the potential of the Force Master getting caught by lag or mistiming, thus failing to protect the party, as well as no FM being present at all.

 

I'd rather take measures to minimize any risks as much as possible.

On 5/7/2016 at 7:15 PM, Alysha Hawkeye said:

A BD, BM, Sin or Summoner can also protect the party from the killing slam with their party protection skill (I think BD and Sin needs HM book for that).

No, its BD and BM only that need Hongmoon book. Sin's Hongmoon gives a second iframe (which doesn't really matter much) while Summoner's Hongmoon does nothing extra.

Edited by Shadovvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

You pretty much need to get rid of the ice because how do you expect melees to get near him when the ice takes up most the field and rows of mushrooms covering the edges? Also, eight wave of freezing slams is rather stressful and iframing all that does take away a bit of DPS too. Also, there's the potential of the Force Master getting caught by lag or mistiming, thus failing to protect the party, as well as no FM being present at all.

 

I'd rather take measures to minimize any risks as much as possible.

No, its BD and BM only that need Hongmoon book. Sin's Hongmoon gives a second iframe (which doesn't really matter much) while Summoner's Hongmoon does nothing extra.

If want to feel safe, just clear the ice yourself to make sure that you can iframe when bad time comes. People even 2-man and 3-man it, so lacking one DPSers in 4/6 man Yeti won't be a big matter, unless your party are seriously under-geared.

 

I don't remember saying about Summoner's HM. Only HM skills of BD, BM and Sin (maybe Sin does not need it, but whatever). Summoner doesn't even need HM book. Only need two points and know to 4-f at the right time. Its HM Seed Shroud is offensive-oriented.

Edited by Alysha Hawkeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zedonia said:

If he absorbs 8, do you iframe the freeze aoe and then use tab or do you use tab before the aoe? If before, you can only take 4 punshes with tab shield and the last 3 with V. That's also the safest way and I see all fm doing it that way.

 

To the Problem with too high damage for the phases: There is never a problem if you have a fm in the group because he can manage everything so no need to worry about dps. FM is by far the most usefull class in group pve.

i time myself, and press Tab at frost mode at the right timing, he will at least do an animation that last about 2 sec, after that he start making all those crux, i can do it perfectly with 10 sec frost tab on 5 crux, works fine and i got 2 sec extra left to break myself and V back the other teammates. 

 

all the total 8 crux works fine when i used Frost Tab + V, then i left probably my Q or SS to iframe his ultimate move smashing the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dzjacels   

the problem is real within lvl 45 dungeons as well like naryu .

ppl in yeti dont have a idea how mechaniks work! you may ask why and the answer is simpple- problem is in the rest of the so caled "pro" players. 

one exp. Fm can get any party through boss fight  and the rest of the party is just left there thinking that they are super mega pro aswell.

yestarday half of my party didn`t know how to do heat phase!! they died on 70% with question  how to avoid freeze( yes yes 6 man version with 2 bloods) when they survived till 30% they didnt know they have to close ice(on second try) 

What shocked me the most was my naryu run with pug party around 430ap when  we wiped on first boss with enrage timer :D :D 

each time i set boss againts the wall before he could hit it they just cc him :D 


 
Edited by Dzjacels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hirukaru   

It is fun to read I am a FM and only have 3 I frames.

Go play warlock. We got uuuhm Z, SS, and 1+F 
Those are all our defense skills in total. 

FM on the other hand has 5/6 defensive abilities.  SS (8 or 14m) Q, E, Ice Sheath, Frost armour don't forget divine veil (however for yeti not really useful I think).

Remember next to that not everyone has done yeti 100+ times to know his full routine out of their head, or just dont care that much about a game ;) 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hirukaru said:

It is fun to read I am a FM and only have 3 I frames.

Go play warlock. We got uuuhm Z, SS, and 1+F 
Those are all our defense skills in total. 

FM on the other hand has 5/6 defensive abilities.  SS (8 or 14m) Q, E, Ice Sheath, Frost armour don't forget divine veil (however for yeti not really useful I think).

Remember next to that not everyone has done yeti 100+ times to know his full routine out of their head, or just dont care that much about a game ;) 
 

Hirukur Warlock's can still iframe 6 of the cruxes without soulburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brainy   
On 06.05.2016 at 7:01 AM, H2H said:

But I have observed and have determined that much of the thinking about Yeti is wrong. At least the second stage where he draws cold. Everyone seems to thinks that you need to get frozen. While this may keep you safe, this means that your entire party is NOT ATTACKING. And the whole time the enrage timer is counting down. It doesn't matter if you avoid damage if his enrage timer hits and he does his ARENA-of-effect jump of death. So avoid the ice circles and his freeze attacks and keep up the dps.

Umm... you are supposed to remove the ice from the ground, that's how it's normally done (either by walking over them or by throwing the bombs from the mushrooms). You might have it backwards because you're a FM and able to cheese it. It seems to me not even you know the tactics properly.

 

There's no way you can run out of time on Yeti if you do it right, even with 4 people below 500 AP. I suggest doing it with experienced people and you'll have no more problems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with FM and/or higher AP people around, I tend to prefer to get rid of ice pools ASAP. Partly because of my lower-ish AP (424 at the time of writing this) but also because you can't assume you'll always have FM or high AP people with you. Iframing cruxes can work but it's more timing-dependent and riskier too, so I can't trust everyone to do that well every single time, especially if it's a PUG. On the other hand, walking to the pools or using mushrooms can be done by pretty much anyone and with a bit more leeway for errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hirukaru   
2 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Hirukur Warlock's can still iframe 6 of the cruxes without soulburn

That is true, but only due to 1 skill z that might block 4 of them. 
But ice sheath and frost armour would block those also I guess. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mistia   

It took me many tries to master frost sheath at 8 crux, but once I wrapped my head around it, it was cake.

 

For FM, saving pt for 8 crux is actually being expected of us, it kind of suck if you don't know at first, but pug actually expect that. The key is pay attention when you see snowflake after Yeti absorbs the ice circles. A message will indicate how many crux Yeti has absorbed.  Ice tab urself 0.5 sec after u see snowflake, then unfreeze urself when 3 crux are left, then frost sheath (v) for 3 more crux, unfreeze again and iframe the mega jump.

 

The few problems I encountered after mastering the timing, BM use their grp protect skill that overlap with frost sheath, will likely result pt member wipe/grp wipe. Or any class grp protection skill overlap with frost sheath will probably give the same result. Unless you are at below 50% heath and or frozen before Yeti's mega jump, otherwise you can just absorb the dmg and carry on fighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now