H2H

Smoothest Yeti runs for me:

- people stayed alive

- people avoided CC/death and kept up dps

- people killed the ice

Things I like:

- when the "tank" closes gap so the Yeti does not jump

- when the tank is NOT running around in circles

- when everybody grabs buff as best as he/she can. Yes - ranged dps CAN grab the heat buff DIRECTLY at the Yeti, too.

- a good CCer with low latency (I am sitting at 250ms+ atm ... sometimes it's really hard to get timing right)

Also you can always drink a HP potion while fighting. So IF you can drop some hefty dps at the Yeti while he hits you for 20% of your HP... shrug it off.

AP, well... 400+ with good dps rotation and grabbing buff etc. can be enough while 550+ with just pew-pew attitude can be a big fail. So I always try to convince people to try at least once and not to disband just because of numbers. I mean - at some point you have to start learning to do it, right? ;)

CU at the next daily Yeti kill!

Another troubling trend I've noticed in Yeti: AFKers. Apart from people lacking AP/knowledge, AFKers are the worst of the bunch that can cause wipes. Or just plain give up altogether, by not even bothering to resurrect after dying. Learning to stay alive is crucial. Use Dragonblood or potions/tonics, goddamnit. Learn your iframes.

On 5/7/2016 at 10:01 PM, H2H said:

I have been through countless fails on Yeti. Tonight was ALMOST no exception. But we made it. Actually his enrage timer activated, but during the last few breaths while he was preparing for his final attack we took away the very last of his HP.

But I have observed and have determined that much of the thinking about Yeti is wrong. At least the second stage where he draws cold. Everyone seems to thinks that you need to get frozen. While this may keep you safe, this means that your entire party is NOT ATTACKING. And the whole time the enrage timer is counting down. It doesn't matter if you avoid damage if his enrage timer hits and he does his ARENA-of-effect jump of death. So avoid the ice circles and his freeze attacks and keep up the dps.

I'm an fm and I only get 3 iframes. When the bar shows on the screen to prepare to dodge, I PREPARE TO DODGE. When it hits green- I DODGE.

If anything, you have to UP the dps in the second stage for time lost being frozen. Because one or  two of your party will more than likely get frozen, so you gotta make up for their dps. But most parties I'm in say "let him freeze you". I tried that and the party fails then, too.

I've seen parties of 600+ fall victim to the rage timer. But around 600, they cant hear anyone but themselves. Tonites party: 470-; (yes thats a minus). I believe the top player had 476. No cc's, actually messed up the first tank throw during heat phase(my fault), and one member almost gave up and said "rip".

Just to be clear- This is not me ripping on others who failed, or me being boastful. Every yeti is a team effort as far as i know; we win together or we fail together; except those bastards who leave as soon as they see the clock on the health meter - DEM HOES AIN'T LOYAL! This is just an effort to help others who are having trouble because, lets face it, we see alot more fails in yeti than successes.

I haven't failed yet... started doing Yeti at 440 AP and never died to him. I just dodge his attacks when needed, avoid the icicles while dealing DPS to him. I let the tank take the hits to get rid of the slams. As a Blade Dancer... I figured it is my job to deal DPS while letting the others deal with the Yeti's mechanics. It is a safe bet to rely on players who know what they are doing. I also try to not take CC or anything else from others, that way there isn't more than one person trying to do something and wasting their CC or Attacks because someone else decided to rush in. So many times I see people airborne which causes me to lose my lightning draw skill... wasting it, which pisses me off because it takes time for that to come back.

I am currently 476 now and getting stronger slowly. Upgrading my AP and practicing my skills against Yeti. I haven't done Asura yet, I am just wondering how hard it is compared to Yeti. Also I am wondering about Cold Storage, I have avoided that not knowing what I need to do for that dungeon and don't want to be a burden to anyone.

On 5/16/2016 at 8:00 AM, Tsuchiryu said:

Another troubling trend I've noticed in Yeti: AFKers. Apart from people lacking AP/knowledge, AFKers are the worst of the bunch that can cause wipes. Or just plain give up altogether, by not even bothering to resurrect after dying. Learning to stay alive is crucial. Use Dragonblood or potions/tonics, goddamnit. Learn your iframes.

This has become a problem in all heroic dungeons. You, Sir, may have my upvote.

I am always amazed how people can find the energy and motivation to complain about inexperienced people who do not know mechanics with over 200 words in a forum but fail to write a few concise sentences before the raid, while everyone sits and eats dumplings, to make sure PUG newbies know their role. I am glad I have a clan.

19 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

I am always amazed how people can find the energy and motivation to complain about inexperienced people who do not know mechanics with over 200 words in a forum but fail to write a few concise sentences before the raid, while everyone sits and eats dumplings, to make sure PUG newbies know their role. I am glad I have a clan.

Not everyone admit they have no idea about the dungeon or are even willing to listen for few seconds. That's the biggest problem.

11 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Not everyone admit they have no idea about the dungeon or are even willing to listen for few seconds. That's the biggest problem.

That's true. Look at cold storage. After 1st boss, someone asks for orbs and almost no one answers. Then all run to the 2nd Boss and after 2-3 minutes they realize that we cannot do it because we miss a orb. The only problem are the people. People hardly write anything but if you tell them that they did something wrong, they flame you like a pro. God sometimes I really hate people.

There is also a problem with explaining dungeons to others: D it once or twice might be ok, but do you really want to do that every run? I don't. I have no problem to explain things but not every time and every day. And if you run via F8, you will always have meet new people so it's useless to tell them, because next time you have to do it again. No thanks. Such people should read a guide for 5 minutes before they run the dungeon.

Just now, Zedonia said:

There is also a problem with explaining dungeons to others: D it once or twice might be ok, but do you really want to do that every run? I don't. I have no problem to explain things but not every time and every day. And if you run via F8, you will always have meet new people so it's useless to tell them, because next time you have to do it again. No thanks. Such people should read a guide for 5 minutes before they run the dungeon.

For some people reading a guide or watching a video doesn't change anything. I am one of those. I don't understand the timings etc unless I do it and practice myself. It is much easier if the person belongs to a clan of course but not all do and then we meet those hard headed people who don't know the mechanics. In old times there were no guides how to do dungeons/play so some people might want to learn things with experience which of course infuriates those "I don't have time for this. You need to be OP in this dungeon or don't even try doing it." -type of people. Sadly people expect to be carried in for example Yeti 6-man. I had whole team leaving because no one wanted to stun Yeti after it jumped and my Stun was on CD and that happened after FIRST heat phase. Like wtf people it still could've been done.

okay funny and true replies.

I did 100+++ 6 men runs and some 4 men runs, saw a lot of fails or surprising outcomes.

In general: what I notice is that a full group without a FM makes it easy and most of times I don't even spend a DB.. why?

they pop in a group and see a FM and start slacking, some/most fm do know the mechanics but lets face it, game (in general again) can and will have lag issues etc you can not rely on a fm! do your own skills as intented...

this is an issue in basicly every F8 group, people rely on others. issues mentioned above mostly do not occur when ppl do it in a premade or with players from a clan etc.

like someone posted above, all think they know it all and seen it all. they enter thinking "they will make it anyway" nice attitude that is.. try enter "i will show you how I know my class and make it a smooth run"

soooo many instances I enter with F8 and literally NO one reads what is said.. or "they will make it anyway" and don't care what is said. Try do WWV and tell ppl where to go at start, 50+% of times all just go wandering all over the map, same thing with necro, you tell 12,34,56 where to go and its still chaos.

to stay on topic, same for Yeti, players get to the boss, get some db, all seem to be ready, ow we have a fm, boom on boss, blind dps.. doesn't matter what you try start saying before you should even start. leader says stop dps and no full blast fail and they call everyone a noob, leave and join next group to continue not read and keep qqing.

to sum it up, Yeti is not a blue instance, learn mechanics, learn what roll your class has, READ and do not rely on 5/6

I have also seen runs where I told not to stop DPS as I am able to party save everyone even if we don't have FM. No one listens because "no FM so we cannot do DPS without clearing ice". It doesn't matter is it 6-man or 4-man Yeti because people will always whine and QQ if there isn't FM in the party or if the FM doesn't know what to do.

It's 100x better to just get rid of all ice cruxes. 99% of FM's, including myself, can't time the damn ice tab + frost sheathe considering

• It's so hectic during that phase, miscounting is so easy to do
  • You gotta keep track of how many the yeti even sucked in
  • The effect of ice tab, frost sheathe AND getting frozen by Yeti all look identical. You can't even tell if you froze yourself or got frozen, leading to very easy misclicks

Of all the runs I've had so far I've never met a single FM who was able to get us through that phase just using frost sheathe, NOT ONE. Of course, if you're in a guild run and have an expert FM you trust with your life then it's a different story.

95% of parties absolutely refuse to get rid of ice cruxes and end up wiping. Seriously, JUST TOUCH THOSE DAMN CRUXES (or throw fireballs or whatever), it won't kill you to lose 10 seconds of dps compared to having a 99% chance of wiping.

On 27/05/2016 at 4:45 PM, Melodia said:
  • The effect of ice tab, frost sheathe AND getting frozen by Yeti all look identical. You can't even tell if you froze yourself or got frozen, leading to very easy misclicks

There should be a prompt to release from Ice Tab and Frost Sheath. I know that those targeted by the latter get one by pressing F. If you get no such prompt, that's how you can tell Yeti froze you. So yeah, you CAN tell, IF you actually pay attention.

Conversely, there are good experiences with PUGs too. I had a couple of these yesterday, in fact.

First was Labyrinth, where at least one (a Sin) was doing it for first time. Some of us explained how it went and we managed to get it done in the first try, with no deaths. The trickiest part was Be Ido because, apparently, it took a bit for the designed bomb to get it right but he got it for the 2nd half of the fight. Plus, not many good options to tank the adds, probably our biggest hurdle in the entire run. We had no Summoner with us to have the cat tank, so we had to rely on 2 BMs and one of them whined he had to tank 2 adds... but really, nobody died and, while fight lasted a bit longer than necessary, I think it could have been much worse.

Second was Yeti... which was rougher and, sadly, that's to be expected. We did wipe on first try but we got close enough for me to be sure overall AP across the party wasn't the issue. It was all about getting the mechanics right. We almost failed 2nd try but remaining ones kept at it and we killed Yeti just about the same time the timer ran out, only a couple of seconds away from the enrage warning message. We did have 2 FMs with us, at least, one of which admitting his inexperience with timing Frost Sheath right for cold phase, though the FMs there did seem to manage it. What didn't help as much, though, was occasionlly getting grabbed in heat phase (at least most learned to head towards the grabbed one for heat buff), sometimes barely having time to remove any cruxes/ice pools in cold phase (that's where FMs managed to come to the rescue most of the time) and one of them not bringing Naryu Coins to get Dragonblood. Sorry, but there's no excuse for the latter. Always, ALWAYS keep Naryu Coins with you.

I love it when people run Yeti 4 mans only if there are FMs in the group ... and end up blaming the FMs for every wipe lol and if there is no FM ...most of the 600+ AP folks run around like headless chickens wondering what to do ...and thinking what mechanics 

On 2016. 05. 25. at 5:01 PM, Shuchin said:

Oh god this, this so much. This. THIS.

Also I've been wondering, or more like worrying, isn't it slower to go to the slide to kill shrooms for fire than to suck up the ice pools? I'm worried that the whole running/killing/throwing will be too slow and I run out of time. Haven't done Yeti awhile because my ISP is acting up and I get lagfreeze, but I remember there's not much time for that.

3 minutes ago, Huuxera said:

Also I've been wondering, or more like worrying, isn't it slower to go to the slide to kill shrooms for fire than to suck up the ice pools? I'm worried that the whole running/killing/throwing will be too slow and I run out of time. Haven't done Yeti awhile because my ISP is acting up and I get lagfreeze, but I remember there's not much time for that.

I highly doubt it. See, you spend 10 seconds frozen when walking towards 1 ice pool at a time... so unless most/all of the rest of the party does the same to speed things up, I don't recommend that method. Although, yes, the other method does depend on you being faster than that to kill the shrooms and aim their fire properly. On the plus side, depending on where the ice pools form, you can take out more than 1 of them with a single flame aimed right between them.

Since most pugs hardly bother with ice pools altogether and I got practice with shrooms, that's the method I personally favor. Besides, that way I can assure I won't be held possible for triggering Yeti's cold phase earlier than the recommended by DPSing it instead.

3 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

I highly doubt it. See, you spend 10 seconds frozen when walking towards 1 ice pool at a time... so unless most/all of the rest of the party does the same to speed things up, I don't recommend that method. Although, yes, the other method does depend on you being faster than that to kill the shrooms and aim their fire properly. On the plus side, depending on where the ice pools form, you can take out more than 1 of them with a single flame aimed right between them.

Since most pugs hardly bother with ice pools altogether and I got practice with shrooms, that's the method I personally favor. Besides, that way I can assure I won't be held possible for triggering Yeti's cold phase earlier than the recommended by DPSing it instead.

Ohh you're absolutely right about that, guess I'll try the shrooms next time!

I main both a WL and a FM and guess I need to learn how to be more useful with my FM about protecting the party as well, but I still need to learn what exactly is "double stun" and when to pop V incase people miss their iframes. OnO;; so much to learn!

Yesterday I had my first (!) PUG that actually did the mushroom mechanics properly and although it worked well, it had us cut the enrage timer pretty close. Which was surprising, given our AP was plenty. I suspect in 6 man you really have the easiest time just bursting him down, relying on the dragon hearts to replace mechanics. Meh. -_-

2 hours ago, Shuchin said:

relying on the dragon hearts to replace mechanics. Meh. -_-

Or FMs to manage to time their Frost Sheath properly against cruxes... otherwise, yes, Dragonblood cheese during cold phase is an option for 6-man.

I save the bursting down method for when Yeti drops ice at 10-% HP, since you may actually have a shot at killing it before you are frozen.

17 hours ago, Huuxera said:

Oh god this, this so much. This. THIS.

Yeti sucking in the ice pools is hp based, not time based. So if everyone except the tank stops dpsing and heads to get the mushrooms/step on ice pools, he won't jump and absorb them (unless the tank managed to bring him below the hp threshold).

This is where watching hp comes into play. If his hp drops too fast before the icicles fall, then he'll jump immediately. So it's best to step into a few ice pools before he sucks them in, if you don't want to iframe 8 attacks.

Guess you all need an In Depth guide.

Since 400atk when I had no good dps rates (30% crrate) I started doing all 3 50s heroic dungeons.

Yeti been my favourite one but the community made it hard for me to run it.

I had to find new people till I had ones with almost same gear as I had cause well fuk community.

With a group of overall 400ap (6man mode) and weak DD stats we wiped 3 times till they actually communicated with me. Me being the only one who knew what to do had a 30 mins explanation with lots of (shut up) in between took my time to teach them how it works properly and look what happened.

They took 2 dragonblood cause they still think like noobs but..

This time nobody died, we didn't get grabbed by yeti, FM stunned as I wanted him/her to and DPS stop at 33% cause I don't think the FM was a pro. We killed yeti and the timer still had 2 mins to go! 2 fin mins! You guys trashtalking if you think you need lots of AP to run it, you probably know yeti as much as you do Mushin 2-3

Note: yetis ground smash opens a geysir on the floor which gives AP stacks stand under it and your group will do yeti with no time problems.

There is a reason to full DPS at start, if you full dps at start yeti will do the geysir more often so a little bit of DMG should be there to start with.

Curse the 600ap lazy ppl who spam one button and die

Archived