Forums

Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

To the GM's of Blade and Soul:  Please don't let such a beautiful game go down the toilet because of bots, spammers and gold sellers.  If you want to put an end to some of this, just visit your friendly neighborhood Blackram Narrows dungeon and you will be able to see HUNDREDS of bots/gold sellers going in and out of the dungeon ALL DAY LONG!  Also, is there a way to block friend's requests?  I am getting between 20-30 of them on a daily basis.  Please do something about this.  

Gratefully yours,

Megumie

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Syanonn said:

You might wanna take that video out.

I got a warning yesterday for "call out" by posting someone else's video that featured a speedhacker with their name showing.

its mine, my channel :p

but if you use a mod like hair mod etc, you're banned without realizing when you get banned. if you're a hacker you have less chances to get banned since they don't give a damn about hackers

4 minutes ago, Megumie said:

hmmm have a GM Park his booty for a few hours in front of the entrance of Blackram Narrows and click *Delete toon..... they can do that you know. 

The grand master plan that no one has ever thought of.

You sir/ma'am are the smartest person among all of us.

Now we just need to get a GM to do this and all our troubles will be solved.

That's just a temporary solution. What we really need is a more long-lasting one. Yes, they can park a GM there to ban bots all day, but that's a waste of man hours which they could use for their other duties (managing other games, meetings, etc.). Another temporary solution would be to enlist some player moderators to ban the bots, but again, they'll just be volunteers and most likely wouldn't want to spend all their time sitting at Blackram Narrows banning bots. As for a long-lasting solution, I don't know since I'm not well-versed in the coding and whatnot that goes into the game. :P

16 hours ago, NewBeginning said:

You would need to have 100,000 active users to lose them. 100,000 including F2P users? Maybe. 100,000+ premium users? I doubt it.

Dude, there are probably close to that many active premium bots. 

7 hours ago, aSin said:

I won't say much, but about the bots and hacker....LIVE with IT. THere will not be any massive banned about it. Just a slightly change for weapon or something like that.

Look at other Regions, there ain't anything that NCsoft can do with bot and hacker ...It will always there...and continues grown. So enjoy while its last.

Every region is different and has different pet peeves, North American and European gamers have time and time again displayed a unwillingness to support games with rampant cheating. As great as this game is, it will be no different if the hackers are not more aggressively targeted and removed.  

Bots ncsw can ignore and people will qq all day long but keep playing. 

They can leave the optimization non existent and people will qq all day long but generally keep playing.

Cross Server lag problem can be left alone as it wont cost that many players. 

So many of this games problems can be neglected as each one of them will only cost a small percentage of the player base. 

Ignoring hackers / cheaters will end this or any other game in NA in a VERY SHORT TIME. 

Wrote ticket about a month ago, reporting the hacker and he's still alive and sound, carrying guns around killing ppl.

Saw ppl complaining in faction chat about speed hacker the moment I log in. No SSP today again, and maybe the following months, I guess.

27 minutes ago, NewBeginning said:

I don't really consider bots to be active users, but why would bots need premium?

I am not certain why so many of them have it. At 50 though while questing I have been tracking the actual income from premium and it is around 1s per minute when killing mobs and doing objectives, etc. It usually takes me around 20 minutes to do the Herbalist lodge and the two dailies north of there (where the wheel o fate is) and this is the average income I get from the mobs copper drop. 

1s a minute for a player is not that significant. 1s a minute for a bot that can kill mobs non stop is a pretty nice chunk of change, this alone is enough to justify premium on a bot (if there is not some hidden coin drop cap, there should be tbh). The bot can pay for premium with around 5 days work and then earn revenue (with increased sales slots and the option to use mail) for the remainder of the month. 

WOW OMG.....just saw 3 summoners HM7 in T.Pirate gears stacked together in my Yeti dungeon and doing all those "PRO" cc/dodges like a Terminator....and another 2 summoners stacked together in Awk Necro instance.....in A.Pirate gears....

Tried to pm//s them, but got no reply.....they stack together and dodge/cc/activate skills simultaneously.....

This reminds me so much of Diablo 2......a sexy game overtook by bots......then....dead game because of everyone is bot......skynet overtook the realm of sanctum!!!! Now they threaten to overtake Ancient Eastern Asia.....GG dead game.

I'm done wasting my time on this game and this decaying company.

Just WOW-this is gone too far .Where we are heading to? The bots have no lag ,no problems ,they just do it.

Should i next LFG for bots instead ,huh? after the story of game will be fully revealed ,prolly i will end this too.Sadly ,i've waited fro this game so long and is a big dissapointment now:/

5 minutes ago, Natose said:

they probably weren't bots, but a multi boxer, its not the same. unless you pm the core to them he'll never see the messages.

isn't that bannable to play like that?

i'm sure they aren't allowed since by pushing buttons on main account it sends a message to the drones to push the same button.

if you notice you see it a lot in ssp too. there are guilds of nothing but multiboxers that people mistake for a bot.

18 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

The longer a game runs the more sophisticated a bot script will become as coders learn the dungeons. You will get full parties that take down bosses flawlessly.

highly appreciated... at least bots won't complain about att req X3

problems however is that they'll just left me behind.  (got long loading time D:)

Yesterday I got partied up with a party of 4 summoners bots and a random summoner at Talus dungeon cross server. 

You can tell if they're bots because if one of the bots die and fail chi restoration, they'll all go out or go to the entrance and then enter again. It's not how it's supposed to be designed I think.... probably still in experimentation mode.

Archived