Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

Here is what i have after researching for a couple weeks. I found that NCSOFT is actually doing their job to prevent Hackers and botters.

First, a lot of summoners and destroyers are banned from pvp, there are Chinese program called Ezbot that not only level up from level 1 to level 50, pvp, they also can grind in blue dungeon as well. So far the way they make profit is to farming tears and ssp. There were a bunches of destroyers farming tears in front of ogong dungeon. There're summoners and destroyers farming tears in the pigsty but they enter from the other entrance. How to see if they are hackers or not? If they are destroyers lvl>49 grinding Ogong&Pigsty, they're bots. If they are summoners and you don't see their cats, you see them running in and out dungeon manually instead of using teleport at the end after killing boss, they are bots. Plus, any class that grinding dungeons, doing similar things over and over again and incapable of using teleport in dungeon is bot. Go in front of the Ogong, Brightstone, the pigsty( the other entrance) then you see. When you report, they will definitely be banned very soon. I have tried report like hundreds of them on my server, NCSOFT is doing their job a lot quicker than before as long as we keep reporting. 

Spread the word.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bots on my server have taken over the 24-man areas. A lot of us can't do the dailies there anymore because the bots are killing all the mobs and mini bosses. :(

Example: I used do E. Fleet Supply Chain everyday but the SAME bots are there everyday killing everything I need! The place is so empty! I keep reporting the bots and said bots are STILL there!! Please NCSoft! Save the 24-man areas and ban the bots I have been reporting every single day!

P.S. Can we get in trouble for posting pics of bots? I took pics of some of the bots in the 24-man areas and I kind of want to post them here.^^;

Like the title stated, I'm a Rank 10 Premium, that should tell you how much money I had put into this game for the "service".

NA- Server: Jiwan

I don't usually start a forum thread to cry about stuff, due to the fact that; this hacking situation is getting out of hand.

I don't think a screenshot or video is even necessary for this matter, because I'm sure 'ALL'  players on Jiwan server know and experienced this.

Within the past weeks, month? There were couple of the hackers in "Unidentified CO/CL" going around in Soul Plains, skipping around with the SSP guns,

killing everybody in sight. While I don't really care about all the prestige points that I had saved up to buy the soulstone pouches were lost.

These hackers were literally denying the progress in soul plains, killing and wiping everybody at the quarries most of the time.

Two days in a row now, I had come across channels that were EMPTY even during prime time due to hackers.

My concern as a "Paying" customer is that:

1. Have you guys at Ncsoft ever ONCE logged in your own game to check how things are?
  2. Are you guys even reading players' complaints?
  3. Are you guys even bother going on forum?
  4. Do you even care about your own game's progression?
  5. Are you guys even working to resolve this problem at all?
  6. LAST, BUT NOT LEAST: Do you guys even CARE about the numbers of your paying customers AT ALL?

I've been playing Aion for years, now Blade and Soul. To say the least, I've been a paying customer of Ncsoft for years now.

Within such short up-time of Blade and Soul, I had already paid out to reach Rank 10 Premium.

Just to let you know, the situation is so bad right now and it seems Ncsoft is nowhere to be found.

I came to conclusion that my money doesn't know where to go anymore, because apparently, Ncsoft - Blade and Soul doesn't exist anymore.

JUST LETTING YOU KNOW, AS TEMPTING AS THIS EVENT GOES, I HAVEN'T PUT A PENNY INTO IT, IT'S HOPELESS!

ALL, we as paying customers want is a little reply from you guys at Ncsoft to at least notify us that you are aware of the situation.

LAST NOTE TO NCSOFT:

AS A PAYING CUSTOMER, I/WE DEMAND A RESPONSE FROM YOU PEOPLE AT NCSOFT, WE DON'T CARE WHERE YOUR SITUATION STANDS, AT LEAST GIVE US SOMETHING TO HOLD ONTO!

STAYING QUIET WILL DO YOU NO GOOD!

YOU ARE LOSING HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS AS DAYS PAST.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED THAT?

JUST GIVE US SOME UPDATES REGARDING THIS SITUATION. OTHERWISE, I REFUSE TO INVEST ANOTHER PENNY IN THIS GAME! PERIOD!

Sincerely,

Years as Loyal Customer

This is NOT unique to your server, this is happening on all of them. There is supposed to be some type of hacker d day coming up may 11th, I suppose all we can do is wait and see. 

NCSW is handling every single problem with this game as poorly as possible and yet it is still a great game. Still "tempting" as you put it describing the current p2w chests. I agree with almost everything you said though. 

At the end of the day bns is an amazing game. it really is a testament to how amazing the game is that so many dont want to give up on it despite how horrible the service is..

but this op is a little sensationalist lol. losing 100s of thousands of players daily? no.

53 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

At the end of the day bns is an amazing game. it really is a testament to how amazing the game is that so many dont want to give up on it despite how horrible the service is..

but this op is a little sensationalist lol. losing 100s of thousands of players daily? no.

Losing for sure, how much, hard to tell, but look on this forums, look on reddit, thats not how should look forums of good game. 90perc complains, and sad is, that this complains are justified.

People love the game, people invested time, or money, and see where this is turning, every day worse, hacks bots spams, and devs totally ignore everything, only release p2w boxes as solution? It is sad.

54 minutes ago, babeln said:

Losing for sure, how much, hard to tell, but look on this forums, look on reddit, thats not how should look forums of good game. 90perc complains, and sad is, that this complains are justified.

People love the game, people invested time, or money, and see where this is turning, every day worse, hacks bots spams, and devs totally ignore everything, only release p2w boxes as solution? It is sad.

Welcome to online gaming buddy. Almost EVERY forum with a huge community is mostly complaints. this is how humans work. Its extremely rare to find a forum hosted by  the developers that has people just constantly praising & having fun conversation lol. its almost always dominantly negative. Because negative minorities always have the loudest voice. Even if majority are enjoying themselves the vocal huge factor is always negativity.

This game is not bleeding 100s of 1000s a day thats just BS you dont even know what the actual population numbers are to begin with lol. I wont deny that people quit here and there but I am on the game every other day at least and i am not noticing any insanely steep decline.

Also how are the devs ignoring it? do you not listen when they say they have things in route? its like you want INSTANT fixes for things that take alot of coding and alot of testing to implement. you cant just half ass make some patch and shove it into the wild thats how you break your servers. may 11th we will see what they have been working on all this time to combat hackers & bots. If nothing changes after that you are free to keep whining but they have not been "ignoring" the issue. They dont talk about their methods because thats RETARDED. if they public discussed their counter measures the hackers would have counter counter measures in place lol... learn how game design works people  -_-

Im not some white knight for ncsoft btw. im not happy with the issues either. But im not going to blindly pretend like they are just whistling & doing nothing about it lol. there is no proof to suggest that. But people who have no idea how the game design process work just make up random stuff based on their observations.

I have to chime in and agree with the OP. When the game launched, I brought a group of former guild members from another game with me. We had every intention of restarting our guild here. Every one of them LOVED the game. Now here we are and the last time one of them logged in was over a month ago and that person was the last one standing besides myself. The reasons they left? Well, hackers, bots, spammers and faction imbalance (which I personally think is fueled by bots and spammers being programmed to join one faction.)

I am still hanging on with hope, but for me the issue is also how absolutely *cricket* poor the performance of this game is. Disconnects, massive fps drops in 24 man instances etc. With the truly massive amount of cash they reeled in with launch, it seems unfathomable they can't invest a little in solving these problems.

Blade and Soul won an award for best MMO of 2015 based only on the betas. Amazing accomplishment. Would it even make top ten in it's current state? I doubt, but not because the game itself is any less awesome that it was then, but entirely because of the management issues.

There is still time for NCSoft to salvage things:

1. Optimize the game better for W10 etc.

2. Find a way to deal with bots, spammers and hackers.

3. Address faction imbalance. (perhaps incentives to switch to less populated like BSGO does every so often?)

Pretty short list really.

Challenge accepted?

4 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

ALL, we as paying customers want is a little reply from you guys at Ncsoft to at least notify us that you are aware of the situation.

I don't know if this comes as any comfort to you but...

They do briefly address the hacker problem here, amongst some other things. Granted, they did not say exactly what they plan to do to combat some of these issues, but they did acknowledge them and say they are aware. Not trying to white knight or say that this solves everything, just letting you know this info is out there - take from it what you will.

this topic is waste of time cause ncsoft ignore their community by 90% of time not to mention never saw anyone asnwering  on forum.... I mean someone who dev team... they  dont even answer on their own stream why u expect them to answer on forum.....

I still think the bots are all Ncsoft owned to control the economy of the game and player base.

Imagine releasing a game in the west(Even though everyone played it years before) and they only had a player base of 200-400k. Best solution would be to implement their own bots and say that they hit two million players while keeping the prices of stuff down.

Luckily enough on Twin Wagons the bots are pretty stupid, attack you at level 46 and then get carried away by a terror and killed.

Also a player owned economy would *cricket* the game up pretty early as all the upgrade items would be over priced.

39 minutes ago, Crimsonjrjr said:

Also a player owned economy would *cricket* the game up pretty early as all the upgrade items would be over priced.

I dont understand this part. Or at least I think it could work both ways. 

How are players going to keep on selling something a stupid high price when no one can afford to buy it. If no one buys it they will keep dropping their price until someone does and when someone does, whatever price they buy it at will be the price range of the item. So when people say lack of currency would cause prices to skyrocket I dont see it only working that way, if currency is lacking then obviously most people wont be able to afford expensive priced items and the prices drop to levels that suit the economy's currency availability.

I just wish they had better communication.  Some type of weekly newsletter and patch notes. Like this event with chest should have been announced. 

I shouldn't log in and it be like SURPRISE! We need to be aware of plans.

NCSOFT we need u to communicate with us about how u will get rid of hackers. This little note that the moderator posted to one thread saying that something is coming on may 11th is completely unprofessional. That should be announced in a official way because hackers are a huge deal/problem.

12 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

1. Have you guys at Ncsoft ever ONCE logged in your own game to check how things are?
  2. Are you guys even reading players' complaints?
  3. Are you guys even bother going on forum?
  4. Do you even care about your own game's progression?
  5. Are you guys even working to resolve this problem at all?
  6. LAST, BUT NOT LEAST: Do you guys even CARE about the numbers of your paying customers AT ALL?

1. Nope

2. Nope of course not

3. Lol wut's a forum

4. If it's not mean greens we don't care

5. Solving problems = spending money. Pooping out new cash shop items = make money. We vote the latter

6. Nah, for every player we *cricket* off and leave, we get 2 more suckers giving us their $

They can't even fix some of the game-breaking bugs and idiotic features, there's pretty much zero hope they're going to actually spend time banning hackers because they're not "game breaking".

I really don't blame you. Lots of my friends have quit already, even my clan leader and the officers, and 30+ of the members. The most I see online in the clan (50 members, was 70) is 2, me and a guy. 

The pay to win events were their last straw, no matter how taboo that term seems to be lately.

I have done everything I could to bring attention to this situation and get answers from NC.  We did finally get attention in the live stream and a follow up to my post in the forum, but until the useless gameguard gets dropped and some type of real game memory protection is used the hackers will continue in some form.  There are no server side sanity checks to see if you are moving faster than the game world allows even tho the game engine can't keep up with your movements (hence the apparent warping around).  Truly this is pathetic, but the game engine is old and likely will never be properly protected from those that cheat the system and there will always be those that will use this to their benefit.

It's because of this, as well as the fact that NC has committed to no in game GMs to police problem areas, and the fact that reported hackers go unpunished, that I championed the cause of at least defanging them in SSP by removing the weapons.  I know many think this is a half measure in the face of a growing problem but trust me, these are real people doing this that by nature follow the path of least resistance.  You make things hard for them they will move on.  We will take back the plains and our right to farm soul stones.  But if for some ridiculous reason on May 11th NC decides to not remove those weapons and show at least some care for the players of the game I'm pretty sure I won't be the only person taking an extended break from the game and all it's new P2W joy.

The ball is in NCWest's court.  It just remains to be seen what they plan on doing with it.

I won't say much, but about the bots and hacker....LIVE with IT. THere will not be any massive banned about it. Just a slightly change for weapon or something like that.

Look at other Regions, there ain't anything that NCsoft can do with bot and hacker ...It will always there...and continues grown. So enjoy while its last.

I wonder how the NCSoft people would feel if ALL players that invest money in this game just stopped investing all together.

I feel they don't realize that it's because players spend money that they're able to feed themselves and be around. 

Still, it would be quite interesting to see people not spend money on BnS for a few months to see how it goes. Maybe then these so called 'developers' will get off their asses and do something about all these bots and hackers.

I'm really dissapointed in how you, NC, manages matter of bots/gold sellers/hackers etc.

You sugarcoat us by telling things that are lies and totally takes no action whatsoever.

On 5th March I reporter gold sellers, then again on 23th April.

1tgXR6v.jpg

Got reply:

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting Blade and Soul Support Team.

We appreciate your help of reporting this players. Reassured that after we investigate the matter we will take appropriate action.

However, please understand that privacy concerns prevent us from discussing our methods or the results of our findings.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Regards,

GM Janssen
NCSOFT Support Team

After that I took a little break from game. Today I loged and they are still here.

8Tnqvud.jpg

At this point it's clear you don't care to deal with this issue and your long term plan is just sitting still waiting for them to die natural death.

I think my patience reached some limits. This is just bullcricket (yeah you like crickets).

Knowing how you usually respond, this topic will be deleted and I banned, because I bad mouth your innocent company, which is weird since I'm telling truth.

You won't tell us what you're doing (or not doing) and I see no progress, so yeah it may be not THE truth, but at least it's my truth.

People usually say bad things about Nexon. I spent 3 years playing their games before got enough. You just reached new game killing achievement, because you got same effect on me in 3 months. Bravo *clap clap*.

As for forumers lurking here and there, taking pleasure from post counting, trolling and causing dramas, I ask you of your experiences with presented issue.

Are you satisfied with current state of game and NC management or maybe not? Please discuss while this topic still lasts, before inevitable censorship hits it.

Archived