Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much better than the rest of the playerbase atm, since they are exempt from the rules and we aren't.

Almost a month on and they haven't even once bothered to address us regarding this. This is wouldn't continue for even a few days in any other game, they literally are allowing it to happen.

Title.

Is something going to be done about this or are these Bots going to WCS this year?  Because if so that would be really interesting, is the plan that you're going to borrow the hackers computer and then run it against the Pro in Korea for WCS?  I'm actually kind of excited for WCS 2016:

"And now representing all of the players in North America as the best player on their entire server Region.... [drumroll] A DELL DESKTOP COMPUTER WITH A BOT PROGRAM [Crowd goes nuts]"

2 minutes ago, Kitzu said:

:) here you go, so they have addressed it, they are working on all the hackers. Anyway, I hope that there is a solution soon as well, but it seem to be a issue in most games now a days.

Cool so as long as we can count on the "working on" time frame for hackers like we can count on the "working on" time frame for bots we can be assured it's never going to happen.

9 hours ago, Killian said:

I haven't even bothered logging in in a month or so...I see this thread is alive and well, nary even one official comment. Depressing.

Their official response has been to merge all posts about complaints about botting into this thread to show they literally don't care so much they are stacking up evidence of how much they don't care into one thread.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

We are merging threads on this one to keep everything centralised. Please continue to post your feedbacks and concerns about bots on this thread.

However we can promise you we are reading it, and as stated by Jonathan Lien, NCSOFT Team is working hard to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Team Blade & Soul.

16 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Greetings,

We are merging threads on this one to keep everything centralised. Please continue to post your feedbacks and concerns about bots on this thread.

However we can promise you we are reading it, and as stated by Jonathan Lien, NCSOFT Team is working hard to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Team Blade & Soul.

I hope when you say that, it's not an empty statement. Apologies in advance for doubting you but, the last time I heard a GM say that the team is working hard, they just swam in money as the game died. 

So so I truly hope your words aren't empty.

Along with fixing the summoner hacks, why dont you give us the option to not accept friend requests? Having freaken 15-20 bots trying to add you per log-in is REALLY frustrating. I've heard zero mention on any potential action towards this problem. 

7 hours ago, Aiorin said:

Along with fixing the summoner hacks, why dont you give us the option to not accept friend requests? Having freaken 15-20 bots trying to add you per log-in is REALLY frustrating. I've heard zero mention on any potential action towards this problem. 

Yes! Why are these guys not already banned?! It's always the same gold sellers

I've seen countless videos, screenshots, topics, and even during live streamed events just get totally ignored... Why is it so hard for NCSoft to give us any information on how they plan to  combat  the exploiters. I mean on Mushin they are literally in hordes now.

Just now, Mayor Tee said:

They can't because they're not doing anything, I doubt they ever will.

A hacker in SWtOR would last all of 30 min if there are actually people there to see him.

I've played countless MMOs in my and in none have legit hackers lasted more than a few hours upon mass confirmation. Let alone months as they have here.

Well, that's not exactly true. There is one MMO I played wherein hackers seem to thrive and somehow manage to evade prosecution much like they do here. Aion.

Not that I'm noticing trends or anything, but Aion also happens to be an NCSoft, NCW hosted game.

I've seen hackers in SWtOR maybe 5-10 of em and I played it since launch. Seen 1-3 in TERA but I've only played that a little over a year. This game is 3 months old and the game is OVERRUN with them, bots and hackerbots. It's ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous is how week after week they ignore the issue and provide ZERO feedback on it, but in the live stream they tackled the Panda costume availability so WOOO HOOO!

20 minutes ago, Strawberry Koala said:

Yeah hold on real quick lemme just go to the "ban all hackers" tree and get a ticket because thats how easy it is for companies to block hackers.

Well, if you think about it. There are a lot of games that don't have bots running around freely. Gold Sellers will always exist, because the people who buy gold will always exist. Hackers/Cheats/etc will always exist, because maybe they can't afford to buy gold like the gold buyers, so they cheat instead. Or they cheat because they are just plain horrible and lack skill.

So yeah, there is no magic ban all hackers tree, but games that this company tends to put out, are usually full to the max of all of those. I mean, all you need to do is look at the forum complaints of those games, and you'll see the exact same complaints as we have here.

Like right now, my plan is to just have fun and when I'm done having fun, there's other games to play. It's sad because I am usually faithful to a game I like and stick with it for years as long as the community is treated well, because we're the ones spending time and money and keeping the game alive.

Seriously, if we just got one real post from someone, anyone in charge..all the negativity would cease. We all like BnS, if we didn't we wouldn't bother to come to forums and scream, we'd just leave. And sadly, that's what a lot of people are doing, everyday.

I find more and more hacks in soulstone plain, thats very painful when u try to finish your daily. I used to have faith in NCSoft, belived they will do someting. Today I feel so dispointed, maybe its time to quite. After all, overwatch is coming

5 minutes ago, Andipandi said:

Well, if you think about it. There are a lot of games that don't have bots running around freely. Gold Sellers will always exist, because the people who buy gold will always exist. Hackers/Cheats/etc will always exist, because maybe they can't afford to buy gold like the gold buyers, so they cheat instead. Or they cheat because they are just plain horrible and lack skill.

So yeah, there is no magic ban all hackers tree, but games that this company tends to put out, are usually full to the max of all of those. I mean, all you need to do is look at the forum complaints of those games, and you'll see the exact same complaints as we have here.

Like right now, my plan is to just have fun and when I'm done having fun, there's other games to play. It's sad because I am usually faithful to a game I like and stick with it for years as long as the community is treated well, because we're the ones spending time and money and keeping the game alive.

Seriously, if we just got one real post from someone, anyone in charge..all the negativity would cease. We all like BnS, if we didn't we wouldn't bother to come to forums and scream, we'd just leave. And sadly, that's what a lot of people are doing, everyday.

Exactly, if they just showed some amount of effort to mend the damage being done to their player base even a FEW times. It would hinder the god mentality all these exploiters currently have, they literally kick it in a *@#!ing lawn chair as they ruin hundreds of BnS players time. Remember TIME is the most valuable thing to anyone period. NCSoft can still heal their player count if they just showed some effort. At least obey the Terms of Agreement that EVERYONE SIGNED to log into the game.

1 hour ago, Andipandi said:

or you could respect that theyre busy, and realise that this game has more bots because gold is worth a shit ton of rl money.

Archived