Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nephretes said:

Today in Misty Woods (Greenhollow server) bots had a terror feast all day long as you can see on the image below. After seeing many destroyer bots everywhere I am surprised to see summoners now.  I wonder which class is going to show up next or when they will start farming blackwyrm.  I don't want to be just an another complaint post saying how NCsoft is losing this war, so I would just suggest adding a new system checking identity of a player like I have seen in other games: during gameplay there should be a window popping up at screen where you should write numbers from an image for example, or other way of bot-checking system

PS The same thing is going on soulstone plains, which is slowly destroying soulstone market and makes questing impossible. If I ever spend a money on this game I would rather first wait if it is going to live long enough for me to invest. With this many bots running game will be soon ruined.

So let's make a pool guessing what bot will be capable of soon
1. Bosses doing full ssplains (they are doing flowers, medic and meteor quests for now)
2. Blackwyrm
3. AFK botters for new silverfrost dungeons

- Moderated content -

I should be laughing at this but this is too horrible. I can't believe idiots are using summoners to bot for these things which hardly works and they think it actually does. Least from what i'm always seeing is catless sum bots dying left and right in mushin server.

Now that i'm looking at this photo more I don't even see cat on these sums. again, pointless. they can hack unlimited sunflower but it can't find a way to sum their cat back? who's the idiot who made their hacks?

On 2016-04-15 at 6:59 AM, Laughing Jack said:

- Moderated content -

any comment ???

Im too lazy to go look for videos about this but here is answers from Ncsoft.  SO how about instead of ranting about issue that THEY ARE AWARE OF and try to think about what they're doing and think really hard about whole issue

00:51:35 What are plans for dealing with bots in 3v3 and afk in dungeons? We’ve talked about this a lot, we did a huge bot ban over the weekend, we’re constantly working on this as a top issue. Vote kick is a difficult issue, has potential for even worse abuse. Master loot issue has been solved

00:13:05 Tackling bots is a priority for us. We cannot share our exact detection methods, but we are identifying additional solutions and tracking against bots.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forum/660-archive/

1 hour ago, Nephretes said:

Today in Misty Woods (Greenhollow server) bots had a terror feast all day long as you can see on the image below. After seeing many destroyer bots everywhere I am surprised to see summoners now.  I wonder which class is going to show up next or when they will start farming blackwyrm.  I don't want to be just an another complaint post saying how NCsoft is losing this war, so I would just suggest adding a new system checking identity of a player like I have seen in other games: during gameplay there should be a window popping up at screen where you should write numbers from an image for example, or other way of bot-checking system

PS The same thing is going on soulstone plains, which is slowly destroying soulstone market and makes questing impossible. If I ever spend a money on this game I would rather first wait if it is going to live long enough for me to invest. With this many bots running game will be soon ruined.

So let's make a pool guessing what bot will be capable of soon
1. Bosses doing full ssplains (they are doing flowers, medic and meteor quests for now)
2. Blackwyrm
3. AFK botters for new silverfrost dungeons

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise they all rerolled summoner instead of destroyer.  With the ability to  use the invisible skill without a cooldown on summoners now they effectively have near invinsible characters capable of killing anything that is tank and spank or without an enrage timer.  You dont see as many in the world because they are squirreled away inside instances and 24-mans now where it is harder for players to report them and much more profitable. They come out at the 8am reset to do dailies like mistywoods, then usually go right back in.

As for your guesses of what they can do, they already can and do 1 (The speedhackers doing the meteors/injured are usually actual players not bots).  I've seen them try 2, but failed due to roar, thats just a cheap fix though with buying charms. They already did 3, its just now they dont die on the way to wherever they afk for the cinematic.

Well I knew the day would come when I see more Bots running around then players on Soha. They are everywhere and seems that nothing is being done to end it. I hope the players haven't quit the game but I cant blame them.. Bots are ruining the game, they have almost taken over the Marketplace. It is a shame really because I really like this game. I have reported them when ever I cant. But it is hard to do when they hide out at the entrance to almost every instance, then duck inside when someone comes. I took my character through the Cave of the Masters and when she got to the Cave of Justice, there had to be over 20 of them just outside. I reported them..

I sure hope the GM's get off their duff and end this problem.

1 hour ago, Can Oa said:

Welcome to BOTLAND guys :)

- Moderated content -

lol its fun to kill them like 5-10 times but those bots are running 24x7 , making around approx 5k soulstones per day via injured soldiers and meteorite stones , they also mine prestige now n then , what's more weird is the same bot seems to appear in every channel , so all soulstones ment for normal players are going to bots which in turn we are spending gold to buy from bots from auction and to get that gold we are either selling other stuff or buying ncoins/gold sellers , this whole thing sounds soo fishy 

1 hour ago, Dad said:

I should be laughing at this but this is too horrible. I can't believe idiots are using summoners to bot for these things which hardly works and they think it actually does. Least from what i'm always seeing is catless sum bots dying left and right in mushin server.

Now that i'm looking at this photo more I don't even see cat on these sums. again, pointless. they can hack unlimited sunflower but it can't find a way to sum their cat back? who's the idiot who made their hacks?

There's no beastbog smn bots on your server? Who need cat when you can infinite resist/invisible against elites, 15k HP with free silverfrost purple weapon.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

This is a reminder that posting pictures that contain actual players names, whether you think they are bots or not, is in violation with the forums code of conduct.

If you see suspect activities, please use the in-game function or send a ticket to the support. Users that will publish names here will be warned and their posts removed.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Team Blade and Soul.

19 hours ago, Ooneka said:

Greetings,

This is a reminder that posting pictures that contain actual players names, whether you think they are bots or not, is in violation with the forums code of conduct.

If you see suspect activities, please use the in-game function or send a ticket to the support. Users that will publish names here will be warned and their posts removed.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Team Blade and Soul.

Y'all need to go remake that code of conduct. You can see they're all bots and yet...I don't understand these forums.

I never noticed this problem until yesterday.

I logged in to do my daily dungeons. what usually takes me 2 hours to finished took me 4, cause of these damn bots joining pts and just sitting at the entrance.

There was no way to kick them out of the pt.

Is there a solution to this?

Is ncsoft doing anything about it? 

there are bot summoners killing other players, they have perma stealth, so resist everything. :D there are also 2 bots trying to kill vermillion terror for 1 hour now but they make no dmg to it, just endless battle. not blaming anyone but gold sellers, damn why dont they just give up. maybe ppl buy much stuff from them?

As long as people will continue buying gold from sellers there will be new bots, and there will always be people who buys so it's never ending problem. Today I ran into hacking summoner bots in arena and while I was idling in the lobby I got wisp from a gold seller. Yeah, first they ruin arena and then shove their links to my face.

By buying gold people make the whole gaming experience worse for everyone.

13 minutes ago, Guinte said:

This is already happening for a long time not only now and still no solution.... i think they dont want to do something cuz is expensive for them or just dont care

firstly how would it be expensive?!? programmers and gm's alike are paid by the hour like everyone else. just as expensive to do nothing as to do something. from a business model standpoint happy customers tend to spend more money, but them im sure you totally thought about that before writing this random nonsensical reply. and then u throw out "they don't care" ...... oh cmon im tired of seeing childish post like this.

please for the love of god get some reason and logic behind ur post and make a compelling argument. if you believe for whatever reason they will not change this you could say things like because it would create a more hostile enviernment for players as they would begin to kick one another mid run to steal drops, or they would enforce their ignorant attack cap requirments in boats because they want to "speed run" and this would cause people to quit for lack of being able to play in cross server. "they don't care" sounds like an 8 year old complaining to their friend that mommy and daddy don't love them enough to buy them a new toy.

5 minutes ago, Richard Rahl said:

firstly how would it be expensive?!? programmers and gm's alike are paid by the hour like everyone else. just as expensive to do nothing as to do something. from a business model standpoint happy customers tend to spend more money, but them im sure you totally thought about that before writing this random nonsensical reply. and then u throw out "they don't care" ...... oh cmon im tired of seeing childish post like this.

please for the love of god get some reason and logic behind ur post and make a compelling argument. if you believe for whatever reason they will not change this you could say things like because it would create a more hostile enviernment for players as they would begin to kick one another mid run to steal drops, or they would enforce their ignorant attack cap requirments in boats because they want to "speed run" and this would cause people to quit for lack of being able to play in cross server. "they don't care" sounds like an 8 year old complaining to their friend that mommy and daddy don't love them enough to buy them a new toy.

it is expensive. if they want smthg diferent for our version of the game they need to ask authorization for modifications and ask for a patch wich has to be programed not by ncsoft but by the owner of blade and soul(ncsoft just owns its rights to distribute) so ye its like buying a DLC for a game however in this case it would be like a hell expensive mod even a small modification ingame(that requires actual coding) is expensive independing of how small it is.

one thing is turning an ingame feature on or off other is coding from scratch+making it to be compatible

the future of this game is awful , hell i wonder if there is any future at this rate , 1 week ago there were only 5-6 bots in SS plains 24x7 , this week 6 more summoner bots joined the pack , so there are like 12 bots farming soulstones 24x7 in SS plains now , i doubt if this game is even made for normal players , prolly only ment for bots and making cash

37 minutes ago, Netson said:

it is expensive. if they want smthg diferent for our version of the game they need to ask authorization for modifications and ask for a patch wich has to be programed not by ncsoft but by the owner of blade and soul(ncsoft just owns its rights to distribute) so ye its like buying a DLC for a game however in this case it would be like a hell expensive mod even a small modification ingame(that requires actual coding) is expensive independing of how small it is.

one thing is turning an ingame feature on or off other is coding from scratch+making it to be compatible

NCSoft west does have an own developer team too. Not every change has to be done in the korean "main" version. Our programmers mainly do the cash shop and other little things, but also optimisation. As they once said in a stream: each version of the game needs its own optimisation. Optimisation, btw, includes coding. 

It is true tho that all content and most structural updates will come from korean developers.

so your talking about it would be expensive to employ the dev team? that team isn't fired every time their not working on a specific patch though. likely the team shrunk and expanded around heavy programing periods like the initial launch and the US/EU launch. other then that though an mmo would need to employ a team of programmers at all times to maintain the game fixing bugs and also work on new content and patches. im just not understanding what u mean by buying DLC. as users we buy DLC for any random game. as a company though it would be a matter of what level of partnership the company has.

NCSOFT and w/e the original developing company is have a symbiotic relationship. if in their contract they have to pay exorbitant prices for new content NCSOFT would shut down the program tomorrow. they have to produce a sizeable profit to employ their own people, pay for bandwidth, server space, blah blah blah business junk. also in many cases where a product is redistributed by a 3rd party lets say walmart for example. walmart has to pay the company a "royalty". if NCSOFT closes the doors because the price is too high that original dev organization loses out on potential revenue too.

I did some programming and have a fair grasp of what it takes to program games. how copy and pasting some lines of code is expensive ill need help understanding. vote kick already exist in the game. the code is there. if u wanted to as one potential fix enable it its as simple as typing a small sentence and setting whatever value u used to associate with that block of code to "on". right now its written as a basic if then statement if player is offline then kick away else no kick. if u wanted an auto kick from the server based on inactivity that also exist. ever walk away from the comp for a bit and find yourself in the character selection screen when u finally came back. that exact section of code could be used just with qualifiers that limit it only to cross server and reduce the time from w/e it is now down to a few minutes for cross server. now if on the other hand u want to hire out to a team of two dozen programmers and you want to commission a completely new piece of code built from the ground up to check for inactivity, and kick after say 300 seconds, or say enable vote kick after 90 seconds of no user input, and maybe even add "flags" players can use to self identify as "afk" to proetect themselves from the auto kick for X seconds/minutes. then yeah that could probably cost you some money since your going outside the company to commission a work. if you keep it in house that doesn't apply though.

as for the bots yeah I kinda agree. but bots are a difficult thing to write a program to detect. if u write it as a check to see how many buttons are pressed in a given time which is mianly used to check for macros "fast" players not using macros could get banned just because they have excellent hand eye coordination and reaction times. if u use a name filter to check for nonsensical names like "dasflkghjsdal" bots will just start using less random letters in their name generating. speed penalties they already implemented, and even then when they first implemented it I got zapped a few times just running around jadestone. haven't been zapped recently so they must have altered the speed threshold. skill use is one im not sure weather or not the server can even check for. like the summoners that just flower power and instant go invis after each shot. is the skill code stored on the user end or the server? my guess is user. if so, can the server even see and count the number of times a skill is used and cross compare that to the cool timers/focus level? even if u implement every one of the above mentioned counter measures bot users could just retool their programs to use no speed buffs, no "skill hacking", and just have their bot emulate a player as much as humanly possible. now all your bot countermeasures you spent the last 2 or 3 weeks writing, testings, and finally implementing are useless and it probably took the bot users less then a day to edit their own values to no longer be picked up by your checks.  bots will always be an issue in any MMO. problem is our mmo u can lv from 1 to 50 in no time flat. where as in other MMO's it might take weeks or months to get to max level and thus be plenty of time for the gm's to pickup and ban the bots before their reach end game content. here the gm's basically would need to know about the bot the second their char was created or in a few days that bot will be in silverfrost farming soulstones. our incredibly fast level path sets up a way for bots to reach end game content with ease, and thus incentivies them to spend their comps processing power on a game like this because they can very quickly get a return on their investment of time were as in another game even running the bot 24/7 they might need 3+ weeks before they get near "end content" and can start actually grinding money/mats.

you don't think it would be abused if we could kick party members mid run? like having 2 or 3 friends with u and then kicking the rest of the party half way through the boss? or kicking people because they don't meet some predetermined "attack value"? frankly I think they should keep up with the whole weapon requirements like we had in the 45 and bellow content. maybe make true profane or awakened siren the minimum weapon level required for the purple 50 dungeons we have now. I mean poh and bellow u can basically do in infernal weapons. bsh id say the minimum is somewhere between true infernal and awakened profane (not optimal, MINIMUM).

5 minutes ago, Richard Rahl said:

you don't think it would be abused if we could kick party members mid run? like having 2 or 3 friends with u and then kicking the rest of the party half way through the boss? or kicking people because they don't meet some predetermined "attack value"? frankly I think they should keep up with the whole weapon requirements like we had in the 45 and bellow content. maybe make true profane or awakened siren the minimum weapon level required for the purple 50 dungeons we have now. I mean poh and bellow u can basically do in infernal weapons. bsh id say the minimum is somewhere between true infernal and awakened profane (not optimal, MINIMUM).

Normally, kick requires all 5 members of 6 to vote for kick. Normally, again, kicking is disabled during boss fights and looting stage (like in FFXIV).

If 5 people out of 6 want you gone because you're an *cricket* or have gear they don't like, then you should leave, whether or not the requirements are reasonable.

right but that creates a situation where its possible to straight ban players from end game gear, eliminating their means of making money, to improve their gear and thus "get better". if I go into a yeti for example and im running awakened or true siren with say 410-430 attack. and people freak out cause I dun have 500+ and kick me im probably going to be filing a complaint with the gms minutes later for harassment. ive cleared yeti with sub 400 partys and by sub 400 I mean no one had over 380. is it a smooth super laid back ez run, ummmm are you stoned?!? it was a omg, smash the buttons on the edge of ur seat kinda fight right down to the wire, but it was a rush and I loved it. I don't own a ride a motorcycle because it gets better gas mileage, I own one because its a rush to take corners in (sports bike not touring junk). forcing me to abide by "your" definition of "standard gear" is offensive. im not you, and you arnt me. if everything was a cake walk and easy as pie in this game I would quit tomorrow. I personally refuse to be carried, and would not go to a dungeon where I wasn't confident I could pull my weight. I might not be matching damage with someone that has 550 attack if im on a char with 400 but im also not going to die. if in doubt watch a vid or two and learn the bosses routine if you need the help. at 300-350 attack you should be able to run naryu just fine so long as you know the attack routine and don't get curb stomped. so long as you survive and continue attacking you wont fail the mission at that attack value, but if you die ur doing no damage, don't matter what ur attack value at that point is its 0 till u revive or until the fight ends.

I play this because its about the closest thing ive found to actually needing user input and actively engaged or u die. I played vindictus for years. its even more harsh on players that make mistakes then this one. the whole "attack level crap" was even worse there. people would want like 18-22k attack for a simple lowish level 60 run where a new player at that level would have maybe 8-10k at 60 with decent gear. i should prolly mention ud need to be lv90 with pretty good gear to pull those kinda stats. it created a very hostile and poor enviernment for new players and the game by in large died out because anytime a new player would reach 60+ to start the "raid" instances; they would join and get yelled at to get better and kicked from the runs because they had "crap stats". they couldn't really get better because they had to do those runs to get mats to craft better gear (also needed many of those runs for quest progression). the server channels turned into ghost towns and eventually started filling with bots that took the place of the players. is any of this starting to sound familiar? the hostility born of the attack requirements bred a situation where new players felt harassed and didn't want to continue playing. many of the people I talked to who told me they were going to quit admitted to loving the gameplay, but the player based "elitism" created a negative enviernement an the game stopped being fun and started being depressing. fortunately for us the pay to win model used in vindicuts isn't an issue here. so we have that going for us. in vindicuts it would cost about $200 us dollars per character to get half wise decent end game gear at lv90 because you needed to by enchanting and enhancing runes to protect your gear as your powered it up, lest it just fail and destroy your weapon leaving u with NOTHING.

we have the advantage of not having to deal with the pay to win aspect of that, but the elitism is already driving away casual players, lowering our player base. also bots have been a steady issue since about a week into the launch. at this time I have the knowledge and experience to run any dungeons currently released without issue, but have recently swapped servers from yunwa to jiwan in the hopes jiwan will be a bit more populated in the silverfrost areas. are you going to say when I go to yeti with a profane weapon that im not good enough cause im no longer lv50 hm6? what kinda logic is that I need time to rebuild from scratch and new players are in similar circumstances. possibly not with the same level of experience but still need to be able to farm to get $ and upgrade gear to get better.

Hello, all started with simple spam bots then we had bots leveling and many afk-ing in low level dungeons then farming in Misty Woods doing dailies, now tho it really got out of controll with 30 summoner bots in Misty Woods farming Terrors day and night, closing up channels not allowing us to to farm BW or Terrors. Soulstone Plains full of them bots running up and down collecting Meteors and picking up injured soldiers!! Right now as i am typing this i have tried to Que up for Awakened Necropolis and guess what - Im getting pulled in and a summoner in lead of the party with Silverfrost Staff, Oath and Breeze Accessories 320 AP recruiting. I left the party and I tried to Que up again - got pulled in once again... oh Yes! An other summoner bot in lead in Awakened recruiting, left - Qued again, pulled in anddd a Summoner yet again pulling people in... a never ending story, i guess they trying to farm the 5g daily ofcourse, so whats next??? We will see them in SSP farming base collecting prestige and stuff? What?? This has to stop i want to do my dailies and i cant! People leaving the party when they see them afk and low AP and i cant get in if i want to go alone without my guildies.  Not to mention the summoner bots and hacks in PvP that they go invisible and resisting all the time!! Please do something :-((

Archived