Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, damnice said:

No more suggestions. If you release level 50 content BEFORE handling this epidemic of bots then it's obvious you don't care about the players, you don't care about ethics, and you don't listen to the people paying you and playing your games. Fix the bot problem before Silverfrost or I and all my friends are gone. And a preemptive eff you to any trollolols that say "See ya", this is the only MMO I've ever played where the bots are destroying the game in EVERY area. Most MMO hosts actually have GMs and control their games, their servers, and they listen to those paying their salaries to make something everyone can enjoy, obviously NCSoft hasn't so far.

Mmkay bye then bruh.

Like a bacterium in your body. You have to live with it. :D I am just kidding. It is fearful to see scripted characters moving around. I agree with you guys. I never seen like this in any kind of mmo before. The goldsellers is another part, half of annoying like this awful bot army.

4 hours ago, damnice said:

No more suggestions. If you release level 50 content BEFORE handling this epidemic of bots then it's obvious you don't care about the players, you don't care about ethics, and you don't listen to the people paying you and playing your games. Fix the bot problem before Silverfrost or I and all my friends are gone. And a preemptive eff you to any trollolols that say "See ya", this is the only MMO I've ever played where the bots are destroying the game in EVERY area. Most MMO hosts actually have GMs and control their games, their servers, and they listen to those paying their salaries to make something everyone can enjoy, obviously NCSoft hasn't so far.

yea u used to play games which had GMs in etc blabla. GMs are a thing of the past and are not needed in modern games. This saves on budget. As a replacement automation systems are in place which usually prevent things like botting. but as we all know (just like the virus vs antivir war) this doesnt prevent new hacks/exploits/cheats from popping up but eventually getting silenced again. I take it you talk about games like WoW with "GMs" which was decades ago when there actually WAS GMs ingame. I dare say that any GM popping ingame nowdays is only there for events but not to actually check.

This is a F2P game and u should realize that. If u dont like it then go leave. NCSOFT will not listen to a "few" players complaining about ingame botting when its ~ 1 - 5% of server population. You leave another new player fills ur spot. Sounds harsh but is actual reality. NCSOFT doesnt host BnS because they like playing it. They want to earn money. Its a business.

6 hours ago, damnice said:

Yeah, threatening action for inaction, that's condescending because I feel like a parent trying to get my kids to do their homework. I took this JUST now, you can go in any town, any area of the map with quests, any dungeon, any cross-server dungeon waiting area, any 3v3 tag, 1v1 up to 1900 ALL COVERED IN BOTS. Where are the GMs, walk up to these players, BANNED. Shiz give ME the power, I'll ban them as I come across them, it's not hard, right click, BAN BOT, (Are you sure this is a bot [Yes] [No]). Seriously never played a game that didn't have interactive GMs that could imprison/ban bots.fNaSdlY.jpg

wow look at them go lol!!

What else I like about the game is the ARENA, the difficulty that exists in the struggles between the classes is the best point in the game! but this lack of support or measures to remove the bots are making the players leave the game. The other servers where I played (KR, CH, JP) have not seen such a large number of bots, support works very fast on those servers. Our NA server is full of Bots farmando Mini-Boss, DG, Arena, etc !!! Solve this once !!!

This is a compromise i'm willing to deal with for the bots, i don't care if they spam me whisper me or even friend request . I simply want them out of pvp and Cross server dungeons then i'll come back until then im gonna take break n play Paragon n etc 

I have 3 lv45 characters in my account, and I do arena daily quests everyday.

Since the new season came, I've never seen any "alive" opponents in the arena. Those bot destroyers are dumb, lag, and using bug (e.g they can turn around while getting net by my assassin). And I just had the "best" arena game, which my opponent is super lag, and the game would never start. I had been waiting for 20 mins, just wanna have a look what is his name. 

Idk if GMs and NCsoft is doing anything or planning to do anything, but please try to ban those bot accounts. 

It's sad that they don't move a finger to get rid of this bots at pvp and dungeon server. The game is *cricket*ed up. I'm often getting 4 bots in my party at the LFG session dungeon lobby,

Also there's a destroyer bot army at 1 vs 1 pvp and summoner bot army at tag match.

As you, i'm getting sick of this game because of that.

On 3/16/2016 at 3:31 AM, Sennen said:

Basically the big thing is with TERA's instances you a) usually need multiple people to go anywhere inside 90% of the instances, b) you don't get loot if you are too high a level and c) all but the lowest instances either have  a time limit or a hard limit to the number of times you can enter per day.   To be sure TERA does have some chat spammers, but that can be fixed to some degree with a chat level requirements, which means the bots themselves have to be largely manually leveled (which isn't worth the expense) or stolen.

Here in BnS you can do most instances by yourself or at the very least portions of them as often and as quickly as you want.  Naturally bots best work in places like this where you can get  static, repeatable AND reset-able conditions extremely quickly.  That makes leveling efficient, easy, independent of other players and fast enough so that getting a bot up to a profitable level takes relatively no time at all (considering they can go at it 24/7) and worth their expense .  Writing an effective program to level like that in the overworld would be exponentially harder with all the variable conditions, not to mention much more prone to interference from either RNG or actual players.  BnS's instance system is basically the perfect breeding ground for these viruses.  

Sure you occasionally see bots running around the open world killing things, but anyone can group up a bunch of mobs and get them killed, particularly all the spin2win destroyers.Also to get a bot high to grind out world bosses or dailies they first have to get high enough level not to be insta-gibbed by whatever they walk into.  That's why the vast majority of bots are seen either at the instance portals or running to/from them.  When it comes down to it, they can get up to the point of being a problem because they can quickly enter an instance that is the exact same every time, do what they want, get out to reset it and repeat as fast as they can.  If they get cleaned out by a ban, they can have another one back up by tomorrow.

Personally, I'd slap a PIN-type deal on entering an arena so they can't easily get into that (or something else, tbh i don't really pvp so ask a pvper), then put a time lock on the lower leveling instances so they only be entered every couple hours per person.  (Say everything up to the moonwater blue instances with exception of maybe the purples where a single bot would have trouble by itself).  When a legit player is leveling there is basically no reason to go into an instance more then once within a short period of time save for three things.  1) They need a specific weapon for a breakthrough, which can be simply bought or solved by making the lock-boxes trade-able.  2)They forgot to do their little hongmoon training quest before leaving and 3) Farming a costume.   

That might suck for little Jimmy that he has to wait until next week to get a costume he wants instead of tomorrow, but much better overall for the game as a whole.  At the very least if it increased the time it took for a bot to level (because it can only do 12 runs today instead of 240)  then manually ban-hammering them would be a little more effective since it'd take much longer to get a replacement up to that point again.

Yeah yeah, whatever. I just wanted to contradict that guy for whatever reason. He said "saddly theres zero game company thats able to deal with bots yet alone not one of them can deal with them in f2p game". So according to you, TERA's company doesn't have to deal with bots because they don't really need to, due to the design of the game being unwelcome to bots. Just because TERA is a F2P game and has no serious issues with bots doesn't necessarily mean its company knows how to handle bots. I guess that guy was right after all. Yay.

It's probably not getting read but I have a possible improvement.

If you want to report a bot, you have to accept the report by clicking it with your mouse.

Change it to simply accepting it by pressing Y/Z or Enter.

It's much faster, especially since bots are mostly running around in a squad.

It'd be perfect if the Esc-Name window isn't going to disappear after a report, too.

Good to see they've really cracked down on bots. I stopped playing at the end of the first season as I was completely disgusted with the botting, and figured I'd come back to see if things got any better in the ~month I was gone. From everything I've seen, it's gotten way worse. I haven't seen a game so crushed with bots and RMT since FFXI in 2004. When I play WoW, I see a small handful of bots. When I play B&S, I see them, literally, everywhere. It's not subtle at all. In most MMORPG's players aren't forced to interact with bots, so the problem may not be as obvious, but in B&S, they inundate every aspect of the game.

Bots are the reason one faction is always full.

This won't be fixed anytime soon unless Ncsoft see a huge drop in income. Unless they are making profit off the bots as well. So many bots running around with premium accounts.

Archived