Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

For those asking about why Tera doesn't have much of a bot issue, last I had heard Tera continues to actually IP block several countries, China,  Hongkong, etc among others, in an attempt to keep the bots from even getting started. While this succeeded in keeping bots out, it also alienated a lot of potential customers from that area who wanted to play NA Tera as well, including a few friends of mine who would go back overseas each summer to be with family. So it was quite a double edged sword, as it cost them a lot of customers who would have been willing to pay for in game things. However, it's pretty clear that upon weighing their options they chose to go with this method regardless. Which might be where NCsoft differs. As a last note, there was a bit of a gold bot problem for a while, as reported to me by friends who still play Tera, but as of then I had quit playing so I'm not sure how they handled it, or if it's still going on.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

I like these posts where people say "Let some GM's finally ban some bots! Problem solved lol 11!11!!"

It is basically impossible to do this. There is no way for a single person, or even half a douzen to manually ban bots. And that PER server. We are talking about hundreds of GM's here. Do you have any idea how cost inefficient that would be even if they were not even paid well for this hideous work?

So tl;dr it just wont work for many different reasons. There has to be an automated system to get rid of bots. 

Dont get me wrong tho: they have to get rid of bots. Manually banning them is just the wrong way.

Hello.You are right.I was Gm in Knight online and we was have 24 Gm for ban players.I banned over 200.000 player whic is use bot programs.They just use new mail and make new charcter.When I lerned our company let they use this programs with dont add pach for stop cheats.I decided to quit and dont ban anyone.Its just companys whis is want more money and let bots or money sellers.Yeras before NCS was have another difrent gamewhic is popular and have many money sellers and hackers.When they sold game all mney sellers and cheaters+hackers gone.I wonder why?

You would think they would at the very least look into getting people to be assistant GM's and only get like a month subscription for X hours of observation time or something as payment, just for paying attention to the game when they're online and helping out with small crap like immediate removal of gold spammers, bots, etc. The only thing P2P games have anymore, is a lack of spammers.. and even that is questionable. Botters are everywhere though.. sigh.

After all i've seen, i've come to think NCS isn't negatively impacted by bots (at least for now), otherwise they would have found a solution to these (and to those from Aion either).

I've even come to think they may be positively impacted by bots, taking some kind of commission on each gold sold :o

But maybe I should try to stop thinking 'coz i'm getting paranoid...  

I think they really have no interest in dealing with the bots at all, at first the only bots I saw were most likely the gold sellers, but today I spotted more than 20 bots with cash shop costumes, with premium, with highest tier pre-order titles, bots in clans etc.

Ignore my previous post. They actually have no interest in fixing anything in the game. I sent them a ticket about broken quest, and it got broken at around patch #2 or #3, I provided a video with what is broken, the answer I got was "I'm glad that your issue is solved, have a nice day playing.". And we cry about some petty bots. There's only one way that they'll see bots as a problem and it's when the bot/hack programs find a way to get cash shop items for free.  

screenshot16034jl3y0f7mp.jpg

The people of Hogshead and Lilystalk Tradepost have nothing to fear. Lycan's never getting through, no matter what.

Serious answer : It shouldn't be intended, but it seems NCSoft either doesn't care enough or can't remove them fast enough. But, at least on my server, Channel 2 has no bots (or at least they didn't seem able to change channels), so you can solo that thing for essence, or get a partner to help out.

7 minutes ago, IliaLo said:

I provided a video with what is broken, the answer I got was "I'm glad that your issue is solved, have a nice day playing.".

Not even surprised by this. Actually, nothing coming from NCS do surprise me anymore... I'm so sad this "could-be" wonderful game ended up in their crappy hands...

No more suggestions. If you release level 50 content BEFORE handling this epidemic of bots then it's obvious you don't care about the players, you don't care about ethics, and you don't listen to the people paying you and playing your games. Fix the bot problem before Silverfrost or I and all my friends are gone. And a preemptive eff you to any trollolols that say "See ya", this is the only MMO I've ever played where the bots are destroying the game in EVERY area. Most MMO hosts actually have GMs and control their games, their servers, and they listen to those paying their salaries to make something everyone can enjoy, obviously NCSoft hasn't so far.

10 minutes ago, damnice said:

No more suggestions. If you release level 50 content BEFORE handling this epidemic of bots then it's obvious you don't care about the players, you don't care about ethics, and you don't listen to the people paying you and playing your games. Fix the bot problem before Silverfrost or I and all my friends are gone. And a preemptive eff you to any trollolols that say "See ya", this is the only MMO I've ever played where the bots are destroying the game in EVERY area. Most MMO hosts actually have GMs and control their games, their servers, and they listen to those paying their salaries to make something everyone can enjoy, obviously NCSoft hasn't so far.

Now im not saying your wrong about the bots, because your right. but rly dude, i dont think they care about 10 or so people who stop playing. honestly you sound extremley condescending. Demanding that they do this or you leave, which is understandable, but what?

I play 10 other games where I can functionally use cross server dungeons for both PvP and PvE and enjoy the time spent.

I dont always want to group up with my friends to do content. This is an MMO, a social online gaming experience where you interact with NEW people and MEET new people for FUN.

But in BnS you meet bots after bots, PvP vs bots, pvp with bots in your team....

This is such an embarrassment for NCsoft, every other game company is laughing at their failure. Keep the bots off cross server dungeons and PvP, find a solution, this should be their #1 priority. 

And yes, trust me, people will LEAVE if not already left. I just want quality gaming and NCsoft doesn't offer it.

4 minutes ago, Morcra said:

Now im not saying your wrong about the bots, because your right. but rly dude, i dont think they care about 10 or so people who stop playing. honestly you sound extremley condescending. Demanding that they do this or you leave, which is understandable, but what?

Yeah, threatening action for inaction, that's condescending because I feel like a parent trying to get my kids to do their homework. I took this JUST now, you can go in any town, any area of the map with quests, any dungeon, any cross-server dungeon waiting area, any 3v3 tag, 1v1 up to 1900 ALL COVERED IN BOTS. Where are the GMs, walk up to these players, BANNED. Shiz give ME the power, I'll ban them as I come across them, it's not hard, right click, BAN BOT, (Are you sure this is a bot [Yes] [No]). Seriously never played a game that didn't have interactive GMs that could imprison/ban bots.fNaSdlY.jpg

Archived