Forums

Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Liinxy locked this topic

Its been 2 weeks and the same spammers are sending me friend requests over and over again in Windrest and I've already report and block them... Same goes with the invisible whispers from spammers I've already report and block at least a week ago... Is NCWest planning to actually...oh I don't know...ban them..??

The game is nice I really enjoy it but the bots are really ruining the game. Ruining the economy and the arena pvp. The Arena pvp is one of the most important thing in this game and NCSoft let you fight bot after bot and no one at all. Why? Why are they letting the game to be ruined... Black Desert is out and lots of players will leave this game for that!

28 minutes ago, Nixilis said:

The game is nice I really enjoy it but the bots are really ruining the game. Ruining the economy and the arena pvp. The Arena pvp is one of the most important thing in this game and NCSoft let you fight bot after bot and no one at all. Why? Why are they letting the game to be ruined... Black Desert is out and lots of players will leave this game for that!

Do people really thing that BDO is the only competition for this game or that they can scare NCSoft into action by mentioning it?   There are lots of games, and lots of other things people can do that aren't gaming.

NCsoft is driving away their player base with bad management of bots and hackers, I wanted more from this game. Guess I'll just have to live with the hack that they could have done a better job and choose not to.

put 2 GM's on every server

one in the open world and one in the arena, they can ban any bots they see or come in contact with. its not hard. WoW used to have GM's running around in the open world

why cant you? I dont see any Issue with this to atleast try and combat the bots.

I like these posts where people say "Let some GM's finally ban some bots! Problem solved lol 11!11!!"

It is basically impossible to do this. There is no way for a single person, or even half a douzen to manually ban bots. And that PER server. We are talking about hundreds of GM's here. Do you have any idea how cost inefficient that would be even if they were not even paid well for this hideous work?

So tl;dr it just wont work for many different reasons. There has to be an automated system to get rid of bots. 

Dont get me wrong tho: they have to get rid of bots. Manually banning them is just the wrong way.

I sincerely enjoy this game, and I'm not naive enough to believe that you can keep all bots out of MMOs nowadays, however it's beyond ridiculous atm. I spend more time quitting queues cause of the insane number of Destro bots in cross server Moonstone instance queue, than I do actually playing within non bot player groups. Never mind what you see in newbie 1 vs 1 arenas and on every last end game world boss. 

It's gotten to the point I now refer to this game as Bots and Souls Online. Cause honestly, that's what it feels like. : (

I wish people stopped comparing WoW to everything.

First of all, WoW is part of a international brand that is Blizzard, one of the worlds top profitable gaming industry leader. Whatever they make, literally whatever it is, good or bad, people start throwing wallets at them. They have brand power, just like Apple. They are bigger, faster, stronger in every way... no pun intended. TL;DR, they have the resources for better management.

Now when you have a game like BnS, that's a whole different story.

On 2016-03-14 at 1:45 PM, Pohwan said:

pls explain how tera is a f2p game and has no issue with bots

Basically the big thing is with TERA's instances you a) usually need multiple people to go anywhere inside 90% of the instances, b) you don't get loot if you are too high a level and c) all but the lowest instances either have  a time limit or a hard limit to the number of times you can enter per day.   To be sure TERA does have some chat spammers, but that can be fixed to some degree with a chat level requirements, which means the bots themselves have to be largely manually leveled (which isn't worth the expense) or stolen.

Here in BnS you can do most instances by yourself or at the very least portions of them as often and as quickly as you want.  Naturally bots best work in places like this where you can get  static, repeatable AND reset-able conditions extremely quickly.  That makes leveling efficient, easy, independent of other players and fast enough so that getting a bot up to a profitable level takes relatively no time at all (considering they can go at it 24/7) and worth their expense .  Writing an effective program to level like that in the overworld would be exponentially harder with all the variable conditions, not to mention much more prone to interference from either RNG or actual players.  BnS's instance system is basically the perfect breeding ground for these viruses.  

Sure you occasionally see bots running around the open world killing things, but anyone can group up a bunch of mobs and get them killed, particularly all the spin2win destroyers.Also to get a bot high to grind out world bosses or dailies they first have to get high enough level not to be insta-gibbed by whatever they walk into.  That's why the vast majority of bots are seen either at the instance portals or running to/from them.  When it comes down to it, they can get up to the point of being a problem because they can quickly enter an instance that is the exact same every time, do what they want, get out to reset it and repeat as fast as they can.  If they get cleaned out by a ban, they can have another one back up by tomorrow.

Personally, I'd slap a PIN-type deal on entering an arena so they can't easily get into that (or something else, tbh i don't really pvp so ask a pvper), then put a time lock on the lower leveling instances so they only be entered every couple hours per person.  (Say everything up to the moonwater blue instances with exception of maybe the purples where a single bot would have trouble by itself).  When a legit player is leveling there is basically no reason to go into an instance more then once within a short period of time save for three things.  1) They need a specific weapon for a breakthrough, which can be simply bought or solved by making the lock-boxes trade-able.  2)They forgot to do their little hongmoon training quest before leaving and 3) Farming a costume.   

That might suck for little Jimmy that he has to wait until next week to get a costume he wants instead of tomorrow, but much better overall for the game as a whole.  At the very least if it increased the time it took for a bot to level (because it can only do 12 runs today instead of 240)  then manually ban-hammering them would be a little more effective since it'd take much longer to get a replacement up to that point again.

I'm currently sitting at the Deva wheel, as a good 20 summoners, all identical, all with "asdfasffghj" style names, all do the exact same thing. This is the 4th time seeing this, 4th time reporting as many of them as i can, since they all overlap on my screen. There's got to be a better way. It's frustrating.. way less than other games out there, but there's got to be a way to stop these fools from ruining our good time. 20 summoners lined up at each wheel, spinning away.. yeah.. just not cool.

It amaze me that the botters are still around for so long. I heard NCsoft will do something during the warlock patch. But oh well here and there so many botter. So difficult to find a actual engaging human being to talk to. 

What amaze me is that there are even summoner class bots. Have they evolved ?

http://imgur.com/lQvHVSB

http://imgur.com/xz9Yyti

http://imgur.com/udM2MDI

game master not care players dude they r dream about all day money they care money he said i make too much money fck players fck players fun =) we reporting 99999 bots and macro players but never ban 4 times 1vs1 same player at 1 week and full macro. This Game players %60 bots %30 Macro %10 normal and real player ncsoft allways *cricket*ing shit 

GM's should be in-game like they used to be in the old days of gaming.

GM's weren't just company employees, they were the top and trusted players of the game. I remember there was a function to request help directly froma GM and within a minute they would respond.

It wouldn't take much to implement this system again in games. But I guess it depends how tightly the game makers want control.

I know myself its difficult to ban bots. I keep having the same bots trying to friend me all the time. When I click to block them the system says the name isnt recognised.

On 3/14/2016 at 5:25 PM, Ryuukan said:

Like other players ive grown sick and tired of bots ruining the market, pvp, dungeons, EVERYTHING, but im wondering is NCsoft even doing anything about the problem? i see more and more bots every time i log in, its starting to get to the point where im going to quit the game and im sure many others are going to start quitting, all my friends quit already because of this.

Nope, NCsoft doesn't give a crap as long as people keep spending money on the game. 

There are too many for this to be effective.

For example, there are tons of real-life people queueing up for Arena in the ranks up to 1900, but I only fight bots.  That means that there are probably 10s of thousands of bots in Arena.

One GM in Arena will ban maybe 30 a day.

You see problem with GMs is that NCSOFT does not have enough of them, and they do not plan to have. Hiring competent GMS costs real $$$, and that is what ncsoft is not giving out willingly.

This is case of that petty saving i see now and then, they save on 20-30 ppl salaries, so about 100k $ per month, but potentially they will lose whole game, that is probably in are of 100-200 millions of lost income. Their choice.

My choice is instead not giving them a penny until they fix biggest problems with this game. Also Black Desert Online is cool while leveling and exploring, so will get my attention for few months. I know that it is very possible that BDO will also have broken endgame, or no endgame at all. But i already learned to not get sucked into artificial treadmills that suck out my cash.

Archived