Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

57 minutes ago, Kichi said:

I think it should be auto ban after 10 ppl report few times.

Dude, I hope you realize, that this is pretty bad idea.

So if i don't like you, I will be able to kick you out of the game instantly for few days, the only prerequisite is to have 9 friends on my side... and once youre back - kick-report again.

Think again.

57 minutes ago, Kichi said:

If it wasn't a bot that person will unban himself in 1-2 days through support. Bots wont do that.

Well, of course the bot owner can file a complaint for his bot account. Not much of a value here as well.

30 minutes ago, Xellon said:

Create a random generated x and y axis number for the pin code number pad (the 6 digits you have to enter). It seems the only way to input the number is with the mouse movement/click. I'm assuming the bot program is told where the numbers are by mathematics. So what if that num pad location is always changing per login and is never the same?

Don't want to go into details, but this won't help at all. If you noticed, the numbers even now are having random places every time.

4 hours ago, Giggle said:

CAPTCHA

Yeah! I like thge idea.

There are several after-thoughts necessary, but it can be easily extended to be really useful - like disallow afk-reporting - the bot mist have moved or used ability in past few seconds and the captcha would only appear on the next movement. Should also be non-modal and last at least a minute, so that if you are in a fight to be able to finish.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd simply introduce mobs all around the starting area which have insane healthregen but almost  no damage. Anyone with a brain would stop hitting them after a time, but bots couldn't make a difference, and they would just stick to them forever like flies to the flytrap. 

This is a joke ... Arena is 100% compromised. The servers should not even be up while this is happening. People are paying to play this game.... The problem isnt even limited to these top players. There are hundreds of other hacking summoners climbing the ranks. By tomorrow.... the top 200 or so players will all be hacking summoners. Not sure what will happen when 2 invincible summoners that can both take 0 damage fight each other. Is it possible to have a tie?

YPZAlb2.jpg

this hacker/bot issue with summoner *cricket* me off.. Not only does this make the game less enjoyable but it also gives a bad reputation to legit summoner.

Personnaly I am struggling with my summoner compared to my other class this season.

Everytime I get to a match and see a name like this: fsdfasd, asdfgdg. adsgfg, dasfee, erqwd, fvdrfg Im like.. Oh f****. I went down from 1805 to 1700 yesterday because of this bs.

I have managed to beat some of them as a BD because they become vulnerable for a short time. But you will need to use a chain stun attack to stun them at the right moment.

Here is how I do it in case you wanna try. Hope it helps

BD: 1) Start the match by killing the cat while using your defensive CDs so you dont die from Sunflower. 2) Kite the summoner around the arena until you get your offensive CDs. 3) Once you have them all, use Pentaslash when they get visible so you get the stun, do the full air combo, grab them and take them near a wall while using Blade Storm (swords), use Daze Drain to finish your grab, then Lightning Draw, the hacker will tab here but since he is near the wall you can use Lightning Strike right away to re-stun and just burn with BD anicancel + Raid re-stun

Similar strat applies to BM since they both have Pentaslash and think this is also possible with KFM if they use Flurry and just 3RF + Air Combos but not sure since the impact pace of Flurry is less than Pentaslash

I saw Carth streaming with his destro and the way he was beating them was to get a quick stun as soon as the match starts, then rage and chop chop

Hope this helps to at least give them a fight and try to save your ranking points.

P.D: Ncsoft hire an intern or something that can act as an ingame GM to monitor any anormal packet push in arenas to the servers

Below is a video I made after losing 4 matches in a row due to Summoner hackers. I honestly want to quit this game because of the lack of support it receives. Do they not understand that they will lose a huge player base at this rate?!?

11 minutes ago, Theballz7877 said:

Yeah this is the most infuriating thing ive seen in this game.  I think im done with arena till it gets fixed. Its some utter crap. I just faced 4 of them in a row blocking me from platinum.

Yeap. You literally play really hard against other good players at 1800+ tier in order to increase your rating. But then these hackers come and take you back again to 1600s lol in just minutes. 

I literaly was happy to get matched (and lose lol) with Hongie cancer after like 4 hackers . Which I normally dont lol 

There is a second where they are vulnerable when they do another ability besides LB and sunflower, use Flurry then stun lock and 3RF. You can see in your video at min 0:45 that your flurry beats the hack because the stun goes through. You will need to bait his tab first with Slam 

Stay strong my friend lol. Lets hope NCsoft does something

NC west kills every game.  Im quit. Arena full hack, dungeon too, speed hackers and more... All items are very expensive, leveling weapons and accessories is expensive, only those who play all day can really something. This game is already dead.

Yeah I was 1900+ 2 pre seasons ago when i ran into a wall of these summoner bots and I dropped to 1650 after that i quit arena for until this week I came back and right on the first day of doing arena again at around 1550 i hit a gold rank summoner bot and just quit again why bother pvping in arena when daily 17/20 of top players are summoner bots. 

Archived