Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

What's the point in having this nProtect when bots and hackers can just go about there business. If they actually got rid of the bots and hackers alot of people would get premium because the game itself is good, but looking at how they aren't handled it won't suprise me the game will become p2w so they can leech more money off of players.

Here is what will happen if they don't do anything about the bots :

-> Now bots make NCSoft money by selling gold and buying coins.

-> Players will get tired of the bots and hackers to the point to go play another game.

-> Bots will make less money because of shrinking player base and so will NCSoft.

-> Blade and Soul will die out completely.

So get your act together NCSoft, listen to your players instead of only following the money.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, TheCreaper said:

well bot is hacking so don't matter if title or post don't match since they mix together either way.

Bot != Hacking

6 hours ago, Thandius said:

Basically any toon that gets 100+ report should receive a provisionary ban by an automatic system.

Jeah let's give all streamers, youtubers and big clans the option to ban players they dislike.

+1

I'm honestly losing motivation to play this game, you either play with exploits or bots and get rich or you work for days for the stuff they get in hours, but that was OK !!! Now I can't even do my dailies, want to switch channels to try do dailies there ? NOPE

5c1a21e43aa25324575517a371792fe6.png

All channels full of bots ! So if you are the opposite faction than the bots you are unable to do dailies. GAME OVER

like i said, things will be much worse in a few days or weeks if ncsoft don't fix the problem, alot of people will be mad  about it and quit or start to use it to for revenge.

people keep saying that these problems are present on other versions of the game for years, in that case ncsoft's inability to deal with these problems, one of the largest public company of the genre, with games like guild war 2 and wildstar, is pathetic.

and again, don't tell me that it is hard to deal with it because it is not, you just have to actually care.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:13 AM, Hatsunya said:

And? You made video yes its proof but IT STILL NEEDS TO BE CONFIRMED BY NCSOFT BY THEMSELVES. Hard to believe that? Even then you're not only one who is making reports about hackers / botters. Lets say it takes 15minutes to gather up everything about one hacker / botter. Now multiply that with 1000 which is 15 000 minutes or 250 hours now add up every other ticket and other works they have to do besides bannin botters and hackers.  So how many we have in CS doing this ? I've no clue but i highly doubt that theres no one doing it all day long.

You guys seems to think that bannin player would takes 10 seconds which is absurd. Also like i've explained in several times they do not ban them one by one. They gather up lots of them and put banwaves which been happening once in month or so which is quite normal if we compare to other mmorpg games.

Yup and lets keep being ignorant and ignoring things that they've been doing and not be happy about anything.

Through my eyes i knew even before this game to west that NCsoft has very little chances of doing anything against hackers / botters and still im enjoying the game. I've completely diffrent problems regarding what NCsoft does and suprsingly none of them is actually related to bots or hacks just because i've played so many mmorpgs and other games where i've seen how other companies deal with bots / hackers so i've already grown away from littlekiddo who throws tantrum without knowing anything

Tickets are filed into separate sections. Unless there's only 1 person on their support team I don't see how 'they have other things to do' is a valid excuse. And IF it takes them that much effort to combat hacker problems give the player base a better solution to report their grievance? I don't expect an immediate ban the moment I report a hacker but I don't expect the hacker to still be around weeks later either.

Ignoring the community is how games die. It's not little kids who are crying its paying customers who are sick and tired of supporting a non existent customer care department and will move on to other games. Besides I'm pretty sure all of us just wants some acknowledgements that we're being heard and a permanent solution to bot/hacking is coming NOT excuses that you or ncsoft are giving.

Also there was a banwave last maintenance right? all the usual hackers are still there on Yunwa. Job well done.

So my friends and I are doing soulstone planes dailies and never mind the fact that there are tons of bots here but there are a lot of speed hackers as well. They use the speedhack to exploit meteor drops and corpse returns to farm soulstones.

This one speed hacker named "sexdelia" started killing my party but we can't target him using escape key since he is teleporting too quickly. Is there a way to report hackers at the moment? There's currently no ticket system nor report feature to handle these issues either. These hackers are just running rampant and ruining the game for everyone.

Any plans for GMs and DEVs to address this issue? This is getting out of hand in both open world and arena.

players on my server's most populated faction (crimson) aren't wanting to do ssp because of certain speed hackers that have been around for 2+ weeks, even members of my own clan don't want to do it because the speed hackers abuse the machine gun's, freeze bombs and grenade launchers to kill multiple players stealing our hard earned prestige through illegitimate means.

on my server yunwa there are 2 ceru speed hackers that i know of and one speed hacker on the crimson side that i know of.

i uploaded a video to youtube (search yunwa bns for video) a week ago showing clearly two of the 3 hackers speed hacking and they still to this very day have yet to be banned why ncsoft why?! my boyfriend has even submitted a ticket with a link to the video to ncsoft and still no action has been taken against the two in the video! WHY?!

at this point these speed hackers are interrupting my game play, my boyfriends game play and even my clan members game play. i use to make money off soulstones but now i'm barely making anything because the one major area that i was getting soulstones from is being terrorized by speed hacking weapon abusers.

yeah this is a QQ thread but seriously this needs to be handled, if trion (i hate to use their name) was in control of this game these hackers would have been banned the first day that video proof was shown.

Maybe like bots they're working on "long term" solutions.

REALLY long term is seems. See hackers everyday ssp is overrun with them as well as arena, great game NC.......

5 hours ago, Kromede said:

I just want to add that it's not on Yunwa alone but you will see them plenty in Soha as well.

Oh ya I'm on Jiwan they're in every channel all day long.

I don't even feel like playing anymore. People on yunwa are too scared half the time to even do the event because of specific speed hackers going around with grenade launchers/machine guns/bombs etc hunting us for prestige and we have no way to fight back. I'm really thinking about canceling my subscription and going back to Archeage. Enough is enough!

I kinda wish I could get my money back at this point but I liked the game so much when I started that I grabbed a 1 year premium.   This is kinda why I feel so helpless or that I have no recourse.  I put like 150 bucks into the game when I was enjoying it and now I am competing with bots for a lot of my resourses, lagging like hell as a melee in the new content and struggling to get credit on bosses.  Can't sell gold for HM coins anymore because the price is so heavily tanked that I can not specify the minimum value.  

This is one of the first f2p games that I have invested this heavily into, and that I planned to continue to put money into because of how enjoyable the combat system was.  Right now, however, I am filled with disappointment, and feeling a bit neglected as a customer.  I find my desire to play this game over my other options to be rapidly diminishing.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted an english version of this game for quite a while and greatly appreciate NCSoft bringing it over,  Even so, the lack of communication on the issues we face and bring up to them combined with the addition of gambling heavy/economy tanking events like the trove being pushed into game really make me question the future of this game.  

Dear **********,
Your Blade & Soul subscription has been canceled.

This subscription will no longer auto-renew, and you will not have access to
Premium Membership account benefits after your current Premium Membership subscription expires.
If you did not cancel this order, please contact customer support.

Please make sure to print or save a copy of this notice of cancellation for your records.
Thank you for being a part of the Blade & Soul community and we look forward to seeing you in the game!
Sincerely,
The NCSOFT Team

you ppl havent realize that ncsoft doesnt give shit about there game... all they do is investigate till the end of time.. why? cause they dont care.. atm they are just milking the ppl while waiting for the game to die out... and ppl still fall for it and buy shit loads of ncoins... want them to notice? STOP BUYING NCOINS...

ncsoft will never ban these hakers and botters cause all they do is investigate for eternity.. heck i doubt they are even doing it... imo they are just milking the player base until the game dies.. and sadly ppl are falling for it by buying shit loads of ncoins every event.. 

Ok, so I am not the best player by far, the farthest I got in arena was platinum on 3's and 1750 on 1's. It used to be versus destroyer bots and once and awhile a live person. Now 6 times out of 10 my teammates are afk in 3's, and there are summoner bots in 1v1 that are unbeatable. They go invisible everytime you try and hit them, they put on their pet on idle everytime you try and hit them and I can't even win by score. This only happened after your last patch. Your latest update was nice with the new content but it feels so empty. You created one of the best fighting systems I've played in a mmorpg but gave us terrible content to utilize it. Three purple dungeons to repeat over and over for frozen venom darts is only for people that don't mind that they are being screwed over by the same system that applies to day to day jobs. I understand that you are trying to make money like everyone else but if you really want to keep a playebase, make the content enjoyable. People always say PC = master race but only on PC have I seen the most hacks and cheats that makes the game worse off.

Now we understand that the ammount of bots cant be stopped maybe , and accepted that bot are gona get 50% of inj and meteors on our server but now this is some new shit teleporting bot just get everything on the map all the time its insane plz fix this asap.

Char: LaDanza

Server: highland gate

39 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

Im 100% sure that Ncsoft cares about this issue and wants to solve it instantly but they cant and players dont seem to understand that. Its simply impossible to counter bots effectively without having ban support team which would track down bots all day long. Thats best way to deal with them but its most expensive one.

We will never know because the only thing they say is "we're investigating this issue"

Those bots you mentioned has been around for a long time, especially the afks in 3's.

The SMN that are infinite resist/invis/focus spamming has been around just not this bad before.

You can see ton of them now using that hack out in the open world and killing elites with it.

1 minute ago, Elmala said:

We will never know because the only thing they say is "we're investigating this issue"

Actually i know and you should do if you really wanted to know. Im not revealing why or where did i find information(against forum rules to do so) about Ncsoft actually doing something but its there go look for it.

LOL Last night on Soha server and there is a summoner bots chain doing 24 mans Poh...Like usual same outfit, weapon, even pet are all same and spamming unlimited Sunflower, it's quite a nice to watch a giant none stop flame affect that burn any bosses in freaking very short amount of time.

24 minutes ago, spongemike said:

Maybe not all of them are bots? Maybe someone paid someone else to level their characters? So they are real accounts just played by bots for the time being.I seen them around usually farming but not in dungeons so far.

I think all of us play enough time mmorpg to know the different between real player & bot....

I don't understand the technical side of this, so someone please explain it to me. I don't understand why bots can't simply be programmed away. For a bot to run, the botter has to upload a 3rd-party script and run it to control a bot avatar to perform a sequence of actions. But a legitimate player has no call to run 3rd party scripts, so what's the big difficulty in just putting in a bit of code that stops bot scripts from running?

Presumably there is some obstacle, or such an obvious defence would have been emplaced long ago, but I can't imagine what it is, and I'm curious about it.

Archived