Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

11 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

BB we wont miss you.

Just side note waste of time making these threads because

A) NCsoft is already doing their best but saddly theres zero game company thats able to deal with bots yet alone not one of them can deal with them in f2p game.

B) Instead of crying take screenshots and make support ticket and report them i've personally spent like 20-30mins every few days reporting through ticket.

pls explain how tera is a f2p game and has no issue with bots

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well watching these live streams that NCSoft West puts on from time to time is a sad experience as well. They can't answer 90% of the questions they're asked. Not because they literally can't, but because they don't know.... How do they not know anything about this game? Customer Service and Support is giant joke and waste of time as well. I'm honestly starting to think that NCSoft West is run by a gang of 10 year olds. It sure takes a lot of stupidity to put their server in DALLAS, TEXAS as well. Dumbest move I've seen in a long time. Having 100+ ping while living up north is such a kick in the nuts.

11 minutes ago, Pohwan said:

pls explain how tera is a f2p game and has no issue with bots

Tera is dead game and been for years. Theres no value botting there while BNS has that because theres players buying gold.  Thats why theres no botters

23 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

NC is attempting to use GameGuard to combat the bots. So yes... they are doing "something", but they're not accomplishing anything.

The problem will not be resolved until they dump that crapware and move on to a real solution.

to combat bots?
It's officially accepted that gameguard is made to combat actual legit players.

10 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Tera is dead game and been for years. Theres no value botting there while BNS has that because theres players buying gold.  Thats why theres no botters

its certainly not a dead game and you know it. it wouldnt be still up to this day otherwise. last time i checked the most crowded na server seemed as lively as ever. this was about 3 months ago. "years"? exaggerating much? also for your information tera did have bot issues once but they were quickly taken care of. which means there is value in botting there. heck, if you were really serious about that reply you would know the battlegrounds are pretty bot friendly and yet there arent any bot issues. and why do you think bns has players buying gold? its such a gold hungry game it practically begs for bots. i stand to my point. tera is a f2p game thats certainly not dead and has no issue with bots

21 minutes ago, Pohwan said:

its certainly not a dead game and you know it. it wouldnt be still up to this day otherwise. last time i checked the most crowded na server seemed as lively as ever. this was about 3 months ago. "years"? exaggerating much? also for your information tera did have bot issues once but they were quickly taken care of. which means there is value in botting there. heck, if you were really serious about that reply you would know the battlegrounds are pretty bot friendly and yet there arent any bot issues. and why do you think bns has players buying gold? its such a gold hungry game it practically begs for bots. i stand to my point. tera is a f2p game thats certainly not dead and has no issue with bots

Tera is dead thats it. Its not profitable game for botters to be. Theres only sellers around and no one wanting to buy gold. Usually when game is new or high populated we would see lot gold sellers buying gold from players and selling while tera only has sellers. Correct me if im wrong but didnt bluehole studio scrap tera in korea already and moved on to another game. Which literally means that game has no content coming and its pretty much dead

Yeah sure if you call game that has 100k players not dead then sure. With that logic WoW will never die.

Top of that theres several bot softwares for Tera but well like i said its not profitable game to bot so why would anyone bother?

Or maybe you players didnt pay attention to which is bot and which is not. Took me 5minutes to find several bot programss that can be used to bot tera but if i was doing it i would not bot in game that has no profit in nor dead game

According to steam charts theres been from 25k to 3k players playing that game in last 9 months declining steadily so yeah some players are not using steam but it still shows how unpopular that game is

Before we all keep raging about the bots, let's take a chill pill and a deep breath to acknowledge some of the good side.

- Without these bots, the prices of everything in the market will probably be 10 times more expensive.

- Without these bots, the game would be pay to win due to the currency exchange.

- Without these bots, there are a lot of casual players and it will be almost unplayable for them(including me) due to the market being expensive to upgrade their gears.

- Without these bots, you'll be forced to PvP all day just to farm for soulstones cuz you're too poor to buy them on the market.

I know, these bots are very annoying but I just wanted to shed some positivity.

What do you guys think?

Share some of your opinions about the positive side of the bots without immature bashing(you will be ignored).

15 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Tera is dead thats it. Its not profitable game for botters to be. Theres only sellers around and no one wanting to buy gold. Usually when game is new or high populated we would see lot gold sellers buying gold from players and selling while tera only has sellers. Correct me if im wrong but didnt bluehole studio scrap tera in korea already and moved on to another game. Which literally means that game has no content coming and its pretty much dead

Yeah sure if you call game that has 100k players not dead then sure. With that logic WoW will never die.

Top of that theres several bot softwares for Tera but well like i said its not profitable game to bot so why would anyone bother?

Or maybe you players didnt pay attention to which is bot and which is not. Took me 5minutes to find several bot programss that can be used to bot tera but if i was doing it i would not bot in game that has no profit in nor dead game

According to steam charts theres been from 25k to 3k players playing that game in last 9 months declining steadily so yeah some players are not using steam but it still shows how unpopular that game is

cant say anything about korea and if you want to be stubborn about tera being dead, i dont mind a bit. also, if tera wasn't a profitable game to bot to begin with, why are there so many bot softs for it? makes no sense. i can tell you it doesnt take a scientist to know a bot at first sight and i never saw one in my 6 months of playing tera on the most populated na server at the time. according to some guy on some other thread, tera also never did really have serious bot issues not even when it was released because measures were quickly put into place. again, tera is a f2p game thats not dead and has no bot issues. this is my last reply to you.

of course there are positive sides. there is at least one positive side to almost anything you can think of. its not different when it comes to bots. what you need is to weigh how many positive sides and negative sides there are but even this is useless. ncsoft as a company needs to take care of bots regardless of them being more of a plus to the game/them or not

I feel sorry for anyone just starting this game who is interested in arena. I doubt they would continue to play more than a few days. Personally I have no interest in it so I never participated until two days ago. Needed that bean.

The whole experience was excruciating. Seriously it was horrible. I made it to gold beating destroyer bot after destroyer bot and it wasn't difficult to do. It was, however, one of the stupidest and most boring things I've done in a game. Then I started facing bots with immunity and porting hacks. After becoming infinitely frustrated I would just zone into the arena and afk out and take the loss. I did this until I got the last of my beans. It was *cricket*ing ridiculous.

Even if I did like arena, I have no desire to climb up the cesspool of combat bots just so I can pvp with other humans. There are plenty of other games where you don't have to put up with that bullshit. You should be embarrassed by even alluding it's all okay in the end. It's not.

1. Make it so only premium members can trade Gold. These premiums can only trade once a day. (for their alts etc.)  the people behind bots  would think twice before investing because bots gets banned and they lose money. 

2.  In cross server Dungeons, allow players to party up in the middle area before entering the dungeon. Currently we cannot party up, and many people have low fps  to risk a disconnect.  Some people have no choice but to try and finish the dungeon with the bots. And the bots knows this, however,  if people are allowed to party up, we can drop the bots at the start by leaving group and  re-partying with real players, instead of going through the dungeon lobby all over again, which helps the bots, NOT the players. I see no reason  not to allow us to create party  in cross server  middle area (where people use their temporary vaults). This will allow players to take matters into their own hands.

Game Guard has failed, it is useless, people find ways around it, all it does is affect other people's game play like legit players.   

These are some effective ways to deal with bots, by hitting them economically. 

20 minutes ago, aonallah said:

eventhough it's true but bots affect servers stability which is a major issue right now specially in EU servers !

personally i preffer stability , i can adapt with economy ^^

they server would be still as broken even without any bots.

That's NCsoft or BnS team fault for setting up such dumb f# idiotistic server setup.

6 minutes ago, CastielSeven said:

1. Make it so only premium members can trade Gold. These premiums can only trade once a day. (for their alts etc.)  the people behind bots  would think twice before investing because bots gets banned and they lose money. 

2.  In cross server Dungeons, allow players to party up in the middle area before entering the dungeon. Currently we cannot party up, and many people have low fps  to risk a disconnect.  Some people have no choice but to try and finish the dungeon with the bots. And the bots knows this, however,  if people are allowed to party up, we can drop the bots at the start by leaving group and  re-partying with real players, instead of going through the dungeon lobby all over again, which helps the bots, NOT the players. I see no reason  not to allow us to create party  in cross server  middle area (where people use their temporary vaults). This will allow players to take matters into their own hands.

Game Guard has failed, it is useless, people find ways around it, all it does is affect other people's game play like legit players.   

These are some effective ways to deal with bots, by hitting them economically. 

I know you are coming from a good place, but the not tradable currency is such a bad. Like so terrible i dont even know where to start from, so i rather just say nope and nope nope.
As for avoidig bots on instances what ive been doing is, when im leader, and a bot joins i quickly cancel looking for players, kick it (you can kick in the dungeon lobby by just right clicking on the char name and select kick) and ready up again. This only fails if the last person that joins is a bot, since once the last person joins you cant cancel, but thankfully that has not happened to me just yet. 
I know its not the ideal thing to do, and i would love to see a kick option in dugeons, since sometimes you are not fast enough to cancel before parties gets thrown into the instance, and bots are easy to tell from players, but when its just players that afk the whole run you cant really tell till you are in the dungeon, but you also need to think if the solution wont hurt the game more than bots do.

12 minutes ago, Piper said:

I feel sorry for anyone just starting this game who is interested in arena. I doubt they would continue to play more than a few days. Personally I have no interest in it so I never participated until two days ago. Needed that bean.

The whole experience was excruciating. Seriously it was horrible. I made it to gold beating destroyer bot after destroyer bot and it wasn't difficult to do. It was, however, one of the stupidest and most boring things I've done in a game. Then I started facing bots with immunity and porting hacks. After becoming infinitely frustrated I would just zone into the arena and afk out and take the loss. I did this until I got the last of my beans. It was *cricket*ing ridiculous.

Even if I did like arena, I have no desire to climb up the cesspool of combat bots just so I can pvp with other humans. There are plenty of other games where you don't have to put up with that bullshit. You should be embarrassed by even alluding it's all okay in the end. It's not.

It's ok in the end because bots are driving down prices of stuff in the market and also make it easy to earn zen beans in arenas. What's not to like?

Can you please do something about the bots already? It's been a month since they started botting and no one does anything about it. JUST ADD AN OPTION TO KICK THEM FROM ARENA AND F8 PARTIES, why is that so hard to do? Because people start to think you guys do this on purpose and they want to quit the game. 
We just want:
1. An option to be able to vote a kick (members AND leader) in dungeons, because it's stupid not being able to kick them although the dungeons have no cooldown and it takes literally 1 minute to rejoin in a different party if you get kicked (and we want the option of the more who vote the player gets kicked, so that if we have 2 bots and 3 players, the bots can still be kicked and players to take their palce
2. We want the option to be able to kick any bots as soon as the timer starts to enter the arena (because we know the bots by name now, thats how useless any of the bannings you did are, we litetally know all the bots by name and we know how *cricket*ed up we are even before entering the arena and having a change to fight) , also an option, (in case there are new bots and we confuse them by players) to be able to kick them when the players get "ready", and the timer to reset until we or the enemy team finds another replacement (no kicking out and no losing a duel because of a low-life scammer that makes money and ranks over our work)

3. OR an option to add a 6 digit code right during the timer before entering the dungeon, a code that has to be MANUALLY entered (or just the code that we add for when we have to enter our accounts, so it won't take time to relog mail yada yada all that circus) BUT STILL to have the option to kick the bot (in case the bot is just a smart bot that enters the code manually but still doesn't do shit in the arena) 

4. PLEASE BUFF UP THE BLADE MASTER!! (or at least add more evasion skills for them) it's crazy how weak the class is against damages, it's extremely hard to play it (my husband is a BM, he has 4 second delay on all his evasive skills, it's not normal especially for the PC he plays on)

5. THERE ARE PEOPLE USING NO COOLDOWN HACKS, for example ALMOST every destroyer, I know they have 2 evasive skills, 1 HP skill and 2 skills that pick you up, but I swear to God there are destroyers out there that use the 16m distance jump stun 4 times in a row up to 7 times. We aren't retarted, we see that shit going on. Let's do something about it

We are sick and tired of this thing, and after a month of this happening, I hoped that there could be a solution. I gave you an option to a solution, please make it possible, it would ease your trouble with banning account after account because that DOESN'T help. Even if you keep blocking them, they still make new accounts or play from a different pc or change IP adresses. That's just how desperate they. PLEASE ADD THIS KICKING OPTION!

BNS support "insistently" asks us for advices to improve the game. Here are the advices, I doubt you want a petition of HOW MANY people would want these things added (those who don't want are the banana sucking bots that would lose all their profit) . Anyway, here's the "advices". Now, when is the next maintenance and when will we have the changes added to the game? THANK YOU!

1 minute ago, Unicorns said:

I know you are coming from a good place, but the not tradable currency is such a bad. Like terrible i dont even know where to start.
As for avoidig bots on instances what ive been doing is, when im leader, and a bot joins i quickly cancel looking for players, kick it (you can kick in the dungeon lobby by just right clicking on the char name and select kick) and ready up again. This only fails if the last person that joins is a bot, since once the last person joins you cant cancel, but thankfully that has not happened to me just yet. 
I know its not the ideal thing to do, and i would love to see a kick option in dugeons, since sometimes you are not fast enough to cancel before parties gets thrown into the instance, and bots are easy to tell from players, but when its just players that afk the whole run you cant really tell till you are in the dungeon, but you also need to think if the solution wont hurt the game more than bots do.

The main reason there are many bots is because this game is free to play. World of wacraft did have their bots,  but they were rarely seen because it had a monthly subscription fee to play, plus  all the money from the previous expansions.  That is why,  premium should be considered as a monthly fee and the bonus to trade gold, but only once a day. (not infinitely)

I see no reason why you should trade gold  constantly other than being a bot.  The premium fee could be the firewall you need to rid of the bots.

As for the vote kicking option, I have a super slow loading screen.  People are incredibly impatient  within dungeons, and accuse you of afk and such when you are really xtill loading.  So,  the vote kick would  kick me because im slow and dont have a state in the art computer during an economic depression where food comes first, and  materials comes later. 

However,  you CAN introduce a Vote kick option after 10 Minutes  of entering the Dungeon.  World of warcraft did something similar "cant kick that player for another 10 minutes).  How we dealt with afk players back then was  wait before fighting the last boss and kick them.

38 minutes ago, Pohwan said:

cant say anything about korea and if you want to be stubborn about tera being dead, i dont mind a bit. also, if tera wasn't a profitable game to bot to begin with, why are there so many bot softs for it? makes no sense. i can tell you it doesnt take a scientist to know a bot at first sight and i never saw one in my 6 months of playing tera on the most populated na server at the time. according to some guy on some other thread, tera also never did really have serious bot issues not even when it was released because measures were quickly put into place. again, tera is a f2p game thats not dead and has no bot issues. this is my last reply to you.

http://steamcharts.com/app/323370

If you call that healthy amount of players then sure go ahead.

Most likely when tera was more profitable bots were made and after that bot does not require that much of update so why not keep it there and try to sell to those who want to bot.

Most likely you've missed quite lot of bots but they most certainly were/is part of tera. Its simple fact that theres 0 game company that has resources to spent fighting against bots. Top of that if game is f2p then company does have zero chance of winning against them.

For the time being when ncsoft is able to ban 10 bots there will be another 20 to take their place thats how it is and they cannot afford to have banwaves everyday or every another day. There was recently huge banwave and most likely next will happen in few weeks or so but it still wont make that much of diffrence

Archived