Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

2 minutes ago, Enyo009 said:

bots are getting back..theres a lot of bots in map.

and the GM here is blocking the bots search button on forum even blocking all bots topic lol they are hiding it

They're not hiding it they're cleaning up forums. Theres rule do not create multiple threads about same issue. So is it hard to understand we dont need 1000000 threads about "bohoo there is bots"

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some whiteknight and official statements, about bots that really makes me wanna Cringe... 

1. They can't ban them, becuase if you ban  1, 2 more will pop out...
Whut...? Do you realise how stupid this sounds (don't wanna offend anyone here) ? It takes about 10 minutes to set up account and bot while locking someone should be like 20 seconds. You just click a damn button to lock somebody account. I doubth there is C ++ knowledge in order to lock somebody. 

2. They can't track down bots. 
Ssssheay right. It's so down hard to make a difference between Princess Peperona and asjdsajkdsajkdsak  or sdadksakdsa. In the soulstone plains there are hundreds of bots now and If you start killing them, the owner of the bots arrives begging you not to kill them or attack you. 

3. They help the economy.

Another widespread mantra. In the Silverfrost  dailies one bot can make ~1000 Soul cristals a day. They make dumping in the price for the market. 

Dont disable trading just disable trading/bidding of gold inside of cross server. That way the gold sellers and buyers, who will still be desperate and cheap enough, will exchange in their server....selling items for exorbitant amounts of gold or massive gold gains in short space of time w/o evident effort = flagged, look into it, find the pattern, ban.

They dont catch the buyers and sellers because they go to cross server for their respective regions and fight until an item drops for bidding, the seller bids the amount of gold bought, the buyer passes on the bid and gets the gold when the timer runs down.

To get in the cross server they give you the dungeon party number, in world u just be lvl 15+...hit F8 and enter party number and you're in their party ready to go. I could have a character on one server and buy gold in the next server so long as its same region. Now imagine if someone makes a fall guy account in one server, buys gold in another server and moves the gold from the fall guy account onto their main account in yet ANOTHER server. How are you even going to trace 20 people doing this, among thousands of hypothetically legit players? You fcking cant.

Worse yet...how are you going to track down one account that moves gold from lets say seller>>fall guy>> fall guy>>main with all chars on different accounts and servers but same region? Add in 3 fall guys, now add 4....and we're still on that one person and seller doing this...multiply this by 10 buyers...now 20...smh.

Again I lobby for disabling bidding in cross server, force the sellers and desperate buyers to do business within one server so it easier to trace and recognize illegal gold transfer pattern and ban parties involved. If an item drops in cross server, it should RNG to determine who gets it regardless of who picks it up. Marketplace shares all servers within a region but its still waaay easier to trace sharp practices.

End result is not a eradication of bots but a huge mitigation of them, an increase in gold prices set by black market and a stabilization of legit prices on items. 

I mentioned this before in another thread and it got buried and ignored among complaints and half baked solutions of putting humans to ban bots. Now I'm going to add this to my clipboard and whenever these bot complaint threads or post show up, I'll just paste this.

3 hours ago, Piper said:

WoW cut their CS and GM teams by a crazy amount when Activision came on the scene. This billion dollar corporation made the decision to do things on the cheap out of greed and hubris. Before that bots and hackers were a minimal problem, even in a game that hosted millions of players. Current WoW is a souless shell of what it once was and Blizzard is beyond caring since Hearthstone rakes in millions more. At one time anyone who had a high ranking arena title was respected and looked up to. Now the entire PvP system is a joke and they're dismissed as probable hackers. The automated ban wave system doesn't work. It just doesn't.  And if one needs proof of this fact they need look no further than the sad, dethroned king of MMO's that is WoW.

NCSOFT is not a poor, struggling business. They can afford to solve this problem - they just choose not to. BnS for them is a cash grab that will eventually implode on itself. This is exactly how they intend for this to work.

Every game has botters more or less. Depending how much theres profit to made. And WoW has/had a lot of botters and i know very well the fact i had couple of friends who started botting guild in WoW. Guild that contained only botters and none of them were ever banned so yeah argument about WoW did not have botting problem is kind of plain.

I never said Ncsoft was poor or they did not have money but you guys fail to understand that each game has their own budjet and Ncsoft like any other company tries to make profit. BnS has it own budjet. And if they decides to get more CS to get bot problem undercontroll it wont happen in week or two or not even month. Its not something that happens just snapping fingers which many of you think.

7 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

Again if you read my post you might understand. Ncsoft or any other company wont just throw banwaves each week. We already had THREE (3) banwaves so about 1 in month.

Do you seriously think just because you or any other player reported someone for botting is enough to ban them? Nope definetely nope. CS has to confirm it by themselves that someone was botting and if you expect them to throw banwaves each week then you're wrong. They dont have resources to do so which is fact with any gaming company.

Also even if they banned all bots in SSP with speedhack / TPhack or any other hack they would just make new account and do it again and if they realise they will get instantly banned they will move to do other things.

This is my opinion only but if player is botting and does it in public places he is worst kind of idiot. Pure stupidity to break rules and do it publicly. "hi guys im here pls report me"

They will get banned eventually. One thing Ncsoft could do is the same thing as Square Enix does. When ever theres banwave they publicly tell players "hey there was banwave"

This many accounts were permanently banned for botting /RMT and so on. This would shut ppls mouth about Ncsoft not doing anything. They most certainly is doing thing but you guys dont seem to understand fact that Ncsoft is never able to win war against bots. Its sad truth. Amount of resources needed to do so is ridiculous and they're company that needs profits so they cant actually do it. Continuing and complaining it every week with new threads and threatening to leave and other garbage does not help anyone.

Im still enjoying game while i see bots i laugh at them and do funny stuff to them. If i see opposite faction bot ill just kill it for while. I've been killed multiple times by speedhack in SSP when i had 200-300 prestige which annoyed me but do you see me here crying and making threads about issue which they sadly cant  win? Nope i've accepted them and they will be there and you or me cant do anything about it but continue playing and press report button or have fun with bots (killing them, throwin bombs to meteor routes) and so on.

You just are victim , sorry , you just accept the fact that bot are here and deal with it to make an association it's like someone beat you everyday and "you stay here doing nothing , it's not that bad , at least he's just using his fist".

I know NC already banned alot of bots , but i never seen ANY game with ppl that speedhack so obviously on official server during weeks at peakHours ... never. I'v seen the hackers forums i'v readed it , they just post hack /bot and script , sometime for free sometime for money , and ppl use them cuz they have no fear to be banned. PPl on NC work on our ticket all day , why some of them cant go in game and ban some obvious bot /hackers ? same price for NC , and great improvement for players . 

Plus you say you'r still enjoy the game , but the moment you will be really concerned what will happend ? for me a cool activity was to farm infinite quest in SSP , it was quite fun and not to hard (and i make alot of money :p ), i was able to talk with ppl , i even make RP about helping injured npc's . Now there's bot that TPhack allday , unbeatable in farming ability. Also some player that speedhack , just for farm .. it's just not fair . 

I'm pretty angry cuz i love this game , i love the gameplay and i dont want it to fail but it's nearly to late.

17 minutes ago, VirtueXOA said:

You just are victim , sorry , you just accept the fact that bot are here and deal with it to make an association it's like someone beat you everyday and "you stay here doing nothing , it's not that bad , at least he's just using his fist".

I know NC already banned alot of bots , but i never seen ANY game with ppl that speedhack so obviously on official server during weeks at peakHours ... never. I'v seen the hackers forums i'v readed it , they just post hack /bot and script , sometime for free sometime for money , and ppl use them cuz they have no fear to be banned. PPl on NC work on our ticket all day , why some of them cant go in game and ban some obvious bot /hackers ? same price for NC , and great improvement for players . 

Plus you say you'r still enjoy the game , but the moment you will be really concerned what will happend ? for me a cool activity was to farm infinite quest in SSP , it was quite fun and not to hard (and i make alot of money :p ), i was able to talk with ppl , i even make RP about helping injured npc's . Now there's bot that TPhack allday , unbeatable in farming ability. Also some player that speedhack , just for farm .. it's just not fair . 

I'm pretty angry cuz i love this game , i love the gameplay and i dont want it to fail but it's nearly to late.

Yeah nice lets compare botting to beating well done. BnS players just keep amazes me everyday oh well what can you expect.

I've seen speedhacks on other games in public places its nothing new. Maybe i've already gotten used to this after playing tens of mmorpgs for 15 years or so.

Well that would be awesome if we had CS doing rounds on realm but its still time consuming and costs A LOT thats your answer. Having human detecting bots is expensive and thats why game companies wont do it. If you suggest letting 2-3 guys from CS team to do it everyday well yeah then again response times of CS increases and top of that even if 2-3 guys run around all day it wont alone be enough maybe for one server but not all of them

I dont know where to suggest this so that NCsoft would notice but they could maybe do something like a window that appear every now and then with a code you need to enter to confirm you're not a bot. Like the ones in other sites that give you some kind of picture in witch there's a word or something that you need to type in below. and if that person fails to type the word he could get discconected or something, and if the same person fails to do that multiple times in a row he could get a ban.

This game is gonna be rly sick, full of bots everywhere just under the eye of everyone, fps down due to unknow bad optimization on win 10, i don't wanna give them any more euro until they start to fix something . . this game will die soon, and this is sad, i speak about HAO DISTRICT server

I reported a guy who was/is using speedy hack in-game and with a ticket 2 days ago... and today..... I found him in silverfrost still using speedy hack... so....................

NCSOFT IS NOT DOING ANYTHING !!!!

6 hours ago, Hatsunya said:

Every game has botters more or less. Depending how much theres profit to made. And WoW has/had a lot of botters and i know very well the fact i had couple of friends who started botting guild in WoW. Guild that contained only botters and none of them were ever banned so yeah argument about WoW did not have botting problem is kind of plain.

I never said Ncsoft was poor or they did not have money but you guys fail to understand that each game has their own budjet and Ncsoft like any other company tries to make profit. BnS has it own budjet. And if they decides to get more CS to get bot problem undercontroll it wont happen in week or two or not even month. Its not something that happens just snapping fingers which many of you think.

No one said WoW didn't have bots and hacks. But the fact is that botters and hackers were a very minimal problem before Activision entered the picture and Blizzard decimated their CS and GM teams. I was in an AB once where someone started capping flags before the gates even opened. A lot of us opened tickets right away to report the player. Before the match was over the player poofed off the battleground and GM's were answering our tickets telling us they'd taken care of the situation. This was all done before the match was over - it took minutes. Not days. Not weeks. Not months.

I exploited a snake trap glitch in BC and within ten minutes. . . ten minutes, I had a GM in my chat window informing me I was receiving a three hour ban for doing so. And no I never did anything like that again. 

In the long ago days when Blizzard actually loved their game GM's were all over that shit. Since GM's have all but disappeared from WoW you have hackers and cheats and bots ruining the tiny shred of what's left of PvP. Orb bots, Honor Buddy, kick bots, fly hacks ... you name it, It's a disgrace.

But it's nothing, nothing, compared to this game. And when I hear people defend NCSOFT for allowing this because "real" solutions are too expensive I literally want to puke.

29 minutes ago, Piper said:

No one said WoW didn't have bots and hacks. But the fact is that botters and hackers were a very minimal problem before Activision entered the picture and Blizzard decimated their CS and GM teams. I was in an AB once where someone started capping flags before the gates even opened. A lot of us opened tickets right away to report the player. Before the match was over the player poofed off the battleground and GM's were answering our tickets telling us they'd taken care of the situation. This was all done before the match was over - it took minutes. Not days. Not weeks. Not months.

I exploited a snake trap glitch in BC and within ten minutes. . . ten minutes, I had a GM in my chat window informing me I was receiving a three hour ban for doing so. And no I never did anything like that again. 

In the long ago days when Blizzard actually loved their game GM's were all over that shit. Since GM's have all but disappeared from WoW you have hackers and cheats and bots ruining the tiny shred of what's left of PvP. Orb bots, Honor Buddy, kick bots, fly hacks ... you name it, It's a disgrace.

But it's nothing, nothing, compared to this game. And when I hear people defend NCSOFT for allowing this because "real" solutions are too expensive I literally want to puke.

Dunno about your stories but what i know for sure is my own expierence and i have seen lots of bots in wow since TBC/Vanilla and about your exploit thing never had any GMs contacting me or bans using exploits in WoW and i can quarantee that i have done a lot of stuff. Actually i have never been banned for exploiting :)

TBC i spent running around with noclip speedhacks other stuff that was interesting when i was kid. Never banned. Only bans i received in WoW was for vulgar language at TBC times.

And one thing about WoW is that there's much more inteligent bots there which makes it lot harder for players instantly see them. Top of that theres flying mounts which also limits how much you see bots. These little things makes them to vanish background

Why don't MOD record all the characters use hack speed and banned any transaction with main account? Just record a week then banned all the main characters then it will stop. Where to record? It goes without saying.

Don't forget to report the bots as you see them. You can submit reports in-game or on our support website. We try to have people in-game monitoring as well but can't be everywhere at once. 

10 hours ago, Latarius said:

looks like NCSoft have had success in there War agains the bots

/sarcasm

Yes it's a war, not a battle. :(

22 hours ago, Kiesssssssss said:

Have you ever ever noticed the amount of speed hack players around SoulStone Plain? OR just ignored? OR maybe we are trying our best to report them as well as you are already working on them?

And bots at misty wood and Arena and all those chinese hackers and bots and ads spammer.

Please let us know even if you have no idea how to stop them. 

Please make sure to report them when you see them. Since they're moving so fast sometimes it's better just to take a screenshot and submit it our Customer Support team to investigate. 

For 2 weeks i see 100+ player's who using bot program with speed hack for lvling (spam on chat hacked acc and faping all blue dungun's when stay afk and waiting for loot or gold) farm quartz and soulstone on Cardinal Gates in PVP on new zone (Soulstone Plain's) have 20 player's with this name YOUone, YOUtwo, YOUthree, YOUfour, YOUfive, .... who using speed or teleport hack with bot program for geting insta meteor's and Npc's and on moonwater plain have player's who using only bot program for perma "insta"get rock for quartz !! this is player who up character to 37 lvl with ungear and farm quartz for 2 week's with no go offline !!!

Someone know how to play with this shit ??? and Currency Exchange with Market Place is faping down for this boting !!!

Archived