Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are saying NCSoft are a bunch of amateurs. That isn't true. They have experience, seeing as they actually did do a good job on GW2. Which makes it a lot sadder. How is this game turning out the way it is? It was actually way better DURING beta, when bots didn't have access as easy as they do now.

On 4/8/2016 at 11:54 AM, Quashar said:

I don't see any difference between b&s and any other even remotely popular F2P MMO. If it doesn't cost you anything to create and use 1 account it doesn't cost anything for gold selling company to automate the creation process and create/level up tens of thousands of them. There is NO WAY to combat bots in f2p mmos , there has never been one, and never will simply because gold selling companies are able to put in way more money into circumventing any protection system than Producer is willing into creating them.

Through hundreds of mmos that came out since dark age of Camelot only one way of fighting bots was evident - hitting their revenue. Either people need to stop buying the gold (not going to happen) or you make every bot pay the subscription and actively ban them so they need to recreate accounts. This drives the gold price up, leaving fewer people willing to buy it and in time makes sustaining the gold selling mostly unprofitable.

Funniest thing I find is people throwing all kinds of ideas on how to beat back the bots on the forums like any of them were any cricketing good - like deploying GMs to run around banning bots in a f2p game (makes me facepalm myself several times a day browsing these forums).

Yes, i read some post regarding Pay2Play with a low price and actively banning the bots who will get caught. And there's a lot of reply that they are willing to pay, but NCSOFT didn't want to lose their 2M PLAYERS(90% BOTS).

Deploying GMs in a reported bots area would literally reduce bots. You will never know unless you try.

I agree and disagree. An administrator or GM coming online and banning bots is not even going to put a dent in it. There's a dozen servers, each with a ton of channels. Even if there were 3 admins on, they would barely be able to ban a noticeable amount considering how much there are. They could hire a lot of people and have them do the banning, but time zones are a thing. Nobody can be on 24/7, and also they'd have to pay them. That'd just make them need more money, and that would hurt the players, because no one is going to just get on a game and do nothing but ban bots for hours for free.

I do agree that NCSoft is being WAY too lax though. It seems like they're only half-assing dealing with the bots because it could interfere with their content release schedule, which seems to have been set in stone before launch. They do listen to the players, but they implement things way too late. We wanted to be able to trade our costumes since they're only cosmetic, so they introduced a way to do it. Ignoring the fact that we have to pay, they introduced it after so much time. If the current pace is how it's going to be, by the time they've actually implemented some decent ways to deal with bots the population will only be 1/9th of the population at launch, if it isn't already that low.

NCSoft has done MMOs in the past, obvious from their website. I don't see why they're being such amateurs when it comes to this game. If they'd just stop focusing on content and deal with what's important, the amount of players leaving will lessen, and maybe the amount of players coming will go higher. You can't be an absentee development team and expect things to go smoothly. I like this game, but if it fails because the dev team sorted their priorities wrong then they do deserve it. I really do hope they get their shit together. I loved GW2, and they did a great job with it.

Just now, Hope for Fairness said:

1. They just could implement a routine like 100 player marking a bot, then bot account is instant logged out and blocked for 3 Days. If that happens 3 times the account will be blocked for 6 months. So bots will be banned fast without any use for a GM. 

2. They also could implement captcha on every ready-button in the game.

Bouth would do it's thing and if a real player was marked as bot he will write a ticket and then the GMs can look into the log files and decide if he can play again or not.

What happens if the server doesn't have 100 players? :D

1. They just could implement a routine like 100 player marking a bot, then bot account is instant logged out and blocked for 3 Days. If that happens 3 times the account will be blocked for 6 months. So bots will be banned fast without any use for a GM. 

2. They also could implement captcha on every ready-button in the game.

Bouth would do it's thing and if a real player was marked as bot he will write a ticket and then the GMs can look into the log files and decide if he can play again or not.

cardinal gates 6 bots ***one-***six. 6 days till i noticed them still in SSP farming meteors no1 cares.... also reported all of them still running free.

the solution to this shit is too *cricket*ing simple. NC gets a ton of money they should go to e**p**e*s and buy the *cricket*ing bot and add counter measures to that cause all botchars are using 1!!! bot. its not like they have to fight against many bot programms its *cricket*ing 1!!! 10 or 20 or even 100 USD just to buy it and study it isnt that much to spend. 

Also find a way to make the game stop responding when it runs in VMs

instead of doing that they pay Ks in "developers" to "fix" LameGuard.

Good Day NCSoft!

My question is, why the company does not bans accounts that are opened using third-party software?
Every day in this place, I see the bots, and more and more every day.

Surely, GMs know where are the places where there are bots (these places are not so much), but the improvements I unfortunately do not see.

This video with bots Bots in shiverstone Range

2 hours ago, Shukran said:

at this point of the game i can assure bots are a bit annoying.

i mean, why cannot they farm venoms to lower the price on market ffs?

Cuz thats not why they're here. Ever notice after a patch/ban wave prices in mp go down? The bots and the people controlling them are not here to make prices lower. They want as much as they can get for their ill gotten gains so they have gold to sell, via spamming, for actual cash currency.

Your video doesn't prove anything because videos like that can be easily made - said by the experts who spent more time in forums than in game.

Did you submit a ticket? If not, don't waste time because they will tell you it will take time to investigate this and they are too lazy to do it.

You know what i love doing the most these days? Is racing to see if i can beat a bot to a getting captives or soulstones at the Mines in Misty Woods. Like it's my favorite game to play. The key is to sit at a captive or soulstones quartz and spam the F key on your keyboard. Love this game to death. Gameguard is doing a great job at preventing Bots, hackers and macro user for sure. I don't encounter any at all in 1v1 matches. There are no bots train farming mini bosses in E.Fleet/Nightshade. Like Blade and Soul is fill with sunshine and rainbows. It's so chill to play on this game because they community is amazing. Thank You Blade and soul for being the best game i ever encounter in my life. I truly hope nothing ever changes. 

A3QxNXS.jpg?1

yAPAeyu.jpg

I don't know about NA, but on EU Moonwater Tears have dropped to 15-30 silver each on the marketplace now, so that must be an increadibly ineffective way for bots to earn money. Keep in mind the money is split between all members so they only get 1/5 of the winner's bid, which isn't much.

I still like that one guy's idea of removing the attack power on all the evolution/trash weapons.  It removes the immediate way for them to gear up.  The longer the turnover of getting a viable bot character going the more effective banning or removing them becomes. Plus its $$$$ and cuts into their bottom line, wishfully enough that its not worth the cost of bothering.

On Jiwan, they bid for over a gold most times, but never any less than 60-70 silver.

As for the bot/leech issue, I feel they have to at least get to the boss room to be able to bid. I saw a afk/bot just sit at the start and bid on stuff at the end...that's not right.

Long story short, I got suspended for a day because I hurt some kid's feelings who tried to defend bots and hackers in arena. 

So instead of wasting your time on people expressing themselves, how about you look for a permanent solution to these hacking summoners who get from Bronze to Rank1 in 1v1 in a day by being invulnerable. 

Now, you might say that the forum dude is just doing his job and that there are other people responsible for keeping the game free of *cricket*ing scum. Which to an extent is true, however, my first and only impression of a moderator in this forum was the suspension. There have been 0 instances of forum mods talking about the issue, or even acknowledging that hackers exist. So that's enough bashing on NCsoft's PR team for now... here's a screenshot of one of the many *cricket*ing scumbags who decide to ruin the game for all of us. Do deal with it.

ZpqDGZC

Have you ever ever noticed the amount of speed hack players around SoulStone Plain? OR just ignored? OR maybe we are trying our best to report them as well as you are already working on them?

And bots at misty wood and Arena and all those chinese hackers and bots and ads spammer.

Please let us know even if you have no idea how to stop them. 

Aaaand they're back.

I haven't seen them in weeks. And now they're back in full force: 5 rounds straight against destroyer bots.
And they cheat even more now: constant teleports, instant "reflexes", no cooldowns... it's a *cricket*ing nightmare.

The gameguard malware and removing certificates from blue dungeons worked SO WELL (against legit players).
Maybe do something, NC?

Haven't played the game/typed in the forums in a month, but imma post here since you I also played a SIN in arena.

The bots are written a specific way, meaning they do the same routine over and over.  So once you figure that out, you'll eventually find it easier to win.

All bots can see you in stealth, they will always turn and face you when stunned.  Don't use your escape when they grab you, as they just stare at you.  When they shield, run in and stun them.

Silver bots - Run in, use counter, combo. Stun him, combo, rinse and repeat.  Or the long way out, kite him and make him spin till he gets tired.

Gold bots are a lil harder than Silver bots, they usually run faster as well, deflect alot, they also charge at you when you're in stealth on occasions.  Also, they have that axe throwing pulling thing, I don't remember what's it called, so if you can time your smoke screen on that.  

Plat bots...  once stunned... its over. That's when I just quit the game.  :(  Worked so hard to get here as a SIN to only face better scripted bots.

In the beginning its fun, as its a challenge, then it just gets boring and irritating after facing 100 destro bots.  I was at a point where my record was 30w and 3L  winning against all destro bots and losing to humans.  fought so many bots that I actually forgot how to fight for real.

d801b6005541851a18f6e8a5390df159.jpg

Welcome to life as a Cerulean on the Soha server, the Crimsons have hordes of bots that kill all of our Misty Woods NPCs basically in every channel, basically 24/7, I have no idea why but it's pretty irritating when I just wanna farm a couple of Soul Stones.

There are more groups of 6-summoner Multi-client users on the Crimson side in Soul Stone Plains, most days, than there are actually Cerulean level 50 players.

Our faction balance is completely one sided, and the primary problem is that, while there is an asininely larger amount of Crimsons in general, they are using hundreds of bots and/or multibox clients to make doing anything in open world pvp impossible.

This sucks, NCSoft, please.

This is not okay to have your game like this, this is embarrassing, you should be ashamed.

Archived