Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty much the same post as i did yesterday.. DON'T DELETE IT WITH A WARNING AS YOU DID TO MINE.

This is NOT difamation, it's 100% proof of those bots and you did NOTHING about it. The bots are still there since last night.

You seem pretty fast deleting posts and give warnings to actual people and just ignoring evidence of bots without taking any actions.

I'm not even mad if I see bots like level 1-20 cause that can easily be done, but the fact that they can reach level 45-50 without interference from ncsoft means that they don't give a flying cricket.

Seriously, how hard is it to have 1 GM per server just playing normally. Or even have a police system for qualified volunteers if ncsoft is that cheap.

8 minutes ago, Doctorlejik said:

and some message to forum admins : u can block me, to not let me write about this again; u can just ban me, but it will not stop this bots!! Pls do your job!

They do. They block/ban people who misbehave on forums, which is their job.

What you're doing is like going out to street to a government-employed janitor and shouting "You may clean this street, but it won't stop government corruption! Pls do your job!"

Just now, Doctorlejik said:

The problem is in their dessision to not do anything! I just cant understand! It looks like :

U can come to doctor and say that u have a headache, and the doctor ask u to go home and on next visit he will call police! is it normal????

But you're basically blaming the doctor for not arresting criminals. Forum moderators are not developers and are not NCSoft management.

The problem is in their dessision to not do anything! I just cant understand! It looks like :

U can come to doctor and say that u have a headache, and the doctor ask u to go home and on next visit he will call police! is it normal????

2 minutes ago, Doctorlejik said:

ok they are moderators, but they have connection with ncsoft management! They are connecting element from us ( users) to them ( people how are making this game)!

They have a connection with management, but not authority over them. Management is probably long aware of the issues, they just don't tell anything to us or tell forum admins to not say anything if it's not in their competence.

These SS are going for 40-50 silver last I saw so yea the bots gonna farm that like crazy. These as fodder are great for new purple SS. 80-200 crit with no Soul Stone cost, only 10 silver per roll.

This problem are so much old, about 1-2 months those bots are still there, they cant do anything with goldsellers, with their invitations to friends! why all of this still going? There 2 dessisions : 1) they are not interesting on this, and it's a not a problem for them 2) they have some money for this, and they still dont need to stop it..

Can't really blame Ncsoft for not banning those bots immediately. Why? Because of those countless false positives reports made by idiots.

Player A: This FM is attacking so slowly in dungeon, might be a noob. This sucks, lets report him as botting.

Player B: Cricket, this guy killed me in open world pvp, screw this, I'm going to report him as botting as hope he gets banned.

Player C: This player dced in dungeon, shit, we are going to fail because of him. I'm going to report him as botting as hope he gets banned.

Player D: This player afk in my dungeon ONCE, must be a bot. REPORT!(actually a legit player who went to the toliet)

The list goes on*

How to not investigate reports if that is the case?

Silly ppl....

No game company anywhere will ever ban someone just because you made a video. To ban an account they need solid proof. Logs preferred. If they can't find proof in logs....there won't be a ban that's why most bots / hackers are still there.

Aww Kens, please don't quit =(

Seriously though, we have all seen those bots, but I don't know if you realise, they change - the ones who got banned disappear and new ones appear in no time. It is hard to  constantly ban all of them unfortunately. But they are definitely changing.

Its not that they seem to be ignoring it., its that it seems to take FOREVER to have them actually disappear.   I usually send names in en-mass via support ticket, get the exact same reply then wait...   and wait... and wait....

...theres this one guy I put in 6 (?) days ago.  Speedhacker as opposed to a bot.  Every morning I see him out there farming up those bodies and meteors (seriously, why are those quests NOT dailies?) and every evening I see him in faction chat trying to pawn his ill-gotten gains.  My heart goes out to whomever buys a load off him then gets their account canned for it, assuming the hacker ever gets taken care of.

Archived