Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

5 hours ago, gurghul said:

BUhahahaha EU no bots :D.We got a s... lots of bots and almost every node for mining is as well full of bots almost every not heroic dungeon got 1-2 bots,pvp bots 

Iunno, 2 lvl 45 characters and still havent met 1 bot in cross server dungeon

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a ton of bots around, and the arena, but I haven't encountered them in dungeons yet.

Bots are pretty much the only issue with the game the way it's going, NCSoft will need to at least put some measures to make it harder for them to prop up so fast.

I suggest the same as was said earlier, captcha for creating accounts, and if possible put captchas in the game client itself (not sure if they can do this), on things like creating a character and putting an item for sale on the market, maybe even for queuing up at the arena. 

I'd trade a minor annoyance such as having to put a captcha when starting the game, selling stuff, or going to the arena if it meant bots would vastly decrease activity and keep the arena/market cleaner. Maybe make it so that premium members don't have to use captchas, bots won't have premium would they? They would just lose money, I think.

14 minutes ago, LiriC said:

true . I would not mind if they would farm moonwater . or even the new content that's needed for Breeze lol . hehe .. no one would mind if you think about it .. you could speed up the process with your gear.

How can people think that...

They are already farming...

I've spent a lot of time farming materials which are cheaper and cheaper because of bots farming them...

What's the purpose of farming if bots farm too and ruin the economy ?

NCSoft can count me in player who had stopped because of bots.

2 minutes ago, Maylena said:

I've spent a lot of time farming materials which are cheaper and cheaper because of bots farming them...

Never saw them farming Moonwater Tear .. since the prices spiked at 1g. each.. or 90s . no idea what the price is now... if they would you would think the price would drop down to 30-40s.

I don't know is captcha really that hard bots can't solve them? The easier captchas look pretty easy to program a bot for while the more difficult ones would inconvenience the players.

Bots can't farm Moonwater Tears since they can't clear the dungeons themselves and when leeching on a cross-server party others are bidding until a fair price. Tears was just an example for a material that is generally not fun to farm as a player.

6 minutes ago, LiriC said:

Never saw them farming Moonwater Tear .. since the prices spiked at 1g. each.. or 90s . no idea what the price is now... if they would you would think the price would drop down to 30-40s.

On EU it drops below 50s last week. :(

5 minutes ago, Maylena said:

On EU it drops below 50s last week. :(

It certainly does drop below 50s because of the bots. 80s is pretty good for the trouble of 5-6 minutes for well geared assassins. It's the players farming it.

14 minutes ago, LiriC said:

Hey, I just took a screenshot, so what price did you say ?

969470Capturedaposcran160322177.jpg

• 4 hours ago, Maylena said:

I stop to play first due to bots problem and the dev response that "THE BOT PROBLEM IS NOT A PRIORITY"! Its not a priority because they can't stop it, that dumb and low programming skills they have! Even in the KR Russia and other version they have this problems. It will never stop, noob programmers outsmarted by few bot and hack makers by a lot!

2 minutes ago, nahoot said:
  • I stop to play first due to bots problem and the dev response that "THE BOT PROBLEM IS NOT A PRIORITY"! Its not a priority because they can't stop it, that dumb and low programming skills they have! Even in the KR Russia and other version they have this problems. It will never stop, noob programmers outsmarted by few bot and hack makers by a lot!

When/where did they exactly say that?

Also combating bots isn't easy you know especially not with GameGuard...

Just now, Caolite said:

When/where did they exactly say that?

Also combating bots isn't easy you know especially not with GameGuard...

In the last twitch! They said that the bot problem is not the biggest problem they face right now, like they dont care! 

Hi, we all know bots are everywhere however, i personally find fighting bots in pvp arena the most frustrating. While I dont see any bots anymore after getting to dia rank, it was pretty ridiculous to see bots up until 2000 range.  

It is not fun to fight bots over and over again for 20-30matches no matter how good or bad u r. It isnt even rewarding to win against bots and newbies will get even more frustrated by losing to obvious bots.

So my suggestion is ..

@@@Why not hire or assign 2 ppl working 12 hour shift to que for arena constantly and ban bots as they see them.@@@

Even bots have to lvl up to be in pvp arena and Im sure 2 ppl banning bots all day will stop the madness to some degree. I dont think hiring 2 ppl to do this simple job would cost NC any significant loss.

In cross server dungeons or field, we can at least report bots together and send mass reports but it is very hard to do such thing in arena esp in silver range where u dont even see the id.

LOL man... empoying a GM in mmo that will be crazy!!!! :D just joking.U hawe pretty nice idea but that means effort... and ncsoft is no effort company :D.And btw if they will ban  a bots population will drop a TON and probaly half of dev team will lose a job like in wildstar:D

Why doesn't NCsoft just give a player a captcha if the person s reported by 5 people? Then the bot would just stop and you would know who to ban. Also, by doing this they can no longer queue for anything or get in the middle of someone else's progress. There will still be a lot off bots in the open world but at least they no longer directly effect players.

4 minutes ago, gurghul said:

LOL man... empoying a GM in mmo that will be crazy!!!! :D just joking.U hawe pretty nice idea but that means effort... and ncsoft is no effort company :D.And btw if they will ban  a bots population will drop a TON and probaly half of dev team will lose a job like in wildstar:D

Even Trion hired GMs for Archeage after they sweatingly noticed they cant handle it otherwise. And they handled the game preeeetty bad overall.

NCSoft *should* look at that company and be like ..."Uh....ya...we dont wanna be like them, lets do a better job!"

Just now, Silvershadow said:

Even Trion hired GMs for Archeage after they sweatingly noticed they cant handle it otherwise. And they handled the game preeeetty bad overall.

NCSoft *should* look at that company and be like ..."Uh....ya...we dont wanna be like them, lets do a better job!"

LOL they don't care and I mean for real ncsoft don't care they auto ban 10+ report a bot that's all.Take it hartd ncsoft accept bots in they game u did't seen what is going in wildstar and they otther products :D

Archived