Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, haloismybtch said:

no. because we're just following the korea,china,tw... so modifying such features needs approval of higher rank council majesty and head the  ncsoft developer team

It doesnt. The only thing they need permission to change in this version is balance based since they aim on being able to have tournaments with other versions. They could theoretically give us the best equip after we logged in, or multiply all rewards with 10 if they felt like it. 

Best example would be that CN has an legendary soulshield that other versions dont have or we dont have legendary weapons yet that should normally drop in naryu lab and so on. True, they try to stick to the other versions as much as possible and that's a good thing, but it's not like they cant change stuff if they want to. 

6 minutes ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Won't soulstones plummet in price with the Silverfrost update due to the new area to farm them?

Could be enough to make arena no longer worth it to bots.

Why spend hours farming 50 or so soulstones when you can get tons more in half the time elsewhere?

they will still make alot of money with a big batch of soulstones as the demand for it in upgrades gets higher. so they will still earn alot with thousands of bots on the arena and thousands of soulstones being generated.

2 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

they will still make alot of money with a big batch of soulstones as the demand for it in upgrades gets higher. so they will still earn alot with thousands of bots on the arena and thousands of soulstones being generated.

Still a large enough difference in soulstone gain to potentially make a difference.

Only time will tell, though.

Just now, Succubus Lilith said:

Still a large enough difference in soulstone gain to potentially make a difference.

Only time will tell, though.

or just freakin make soulstone account bound.  dont allow it to be sold in market or traded to other players.

If other bot related posts are going to be deleted, then people should make sure to post in this thread here. Best way to let NCsoft know this is an issue to its players is to keep the thread that they allow going strong. NCsoft has said in the past that to them bots are not a major concern. I'm sure there is some token effort going towards fighting the bots, but how can someone say "There is nothing they can do," if it's never been a priority?

I think part of the reason the Western community hates bots is an inability to accept situations they disagree with. The idea of being helpless to anything is extremely aggravating. This mentality has its weaknesses. It creates conflict and can certainly be obnoxious. However, it also increases the possibility that something might actually be done. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Sure, bots have been around since near the beginning of MMOs. Should people give up on finding a cure for cancer since it's just always been around? It has definitely existed longer than gold sellers in computer games. It is understandable that someone might think this way. With all the bot threads and a number of people doing more harm than good, it makes sense that people would just get tired of it all. But they're missing the mark. If they're ticked off at the negative posters, they should target that negativity instead of trying to sabotage their cause. Perhaps that way some progress is made in both directions, for a better forum and a better game.

Well, those are my thoughts. If anyone out there wishes to make this an issue NCsoft pays a bit more attention to, post in this thread. Show your concern. Have discussions here (preferably intelligent ones that won't give an excuse to lock this thread). The longer this thread gets, the bigger an indicator it is.

Sometimes I wonder if people forgot about the spambot apocalypse we had a while back.

That "Block Spammer" button wasn't always there.

And even if the current problems somehow got a magical fix, it would only be a week before the bots would be at it again with a new tactic.

And when that gets fixed, another new tactic.

And then another...

It never ends.

Wow  nameshaming bots is not allowed :))  rly ?  Now although I don't mind bots  in general,  because of this  lvl  to 45  challange   made me realise that  this game  has a bigger problem  with bots  than   it had when we started  this game  in  january, way worse.

Also  they are now offering to be your frind or  give you a girlfriend 

Screenshot_160320_013.jpg

Now  they are party leaders  in cross-servers   and you   get  in their party  even  if you leave 5 times   you still get in the bots party unless you  block them ( but how many  can you block before  the list is full, because reporting them is not blocking them ) 

So you want  some Essence no problem Bots to the rescue :)) 

Screenshot_160320_000.jpg

Have tons of pics  from this lvl up challange ( why NCsoft  why  make this challange to show me  why I hate this game ?  rly ?  ) where  bots seem  to be everywhere,  while I don't mind it because this game economy  is  like  Greece economy (nonexistent),  players want 400AP+, 420+, 440+ pt,   dungeon have  DPS  check ( those timers)  so  yeah  you need AP ,   and the costs for upgrades are crazy  expensive, so  many  players  buy from goldseller, the only reason  why  bots exists  is because they make money, and they make money  because  players  buy  from them, and players  buy from them because  this game demands  more GOLD than  it offers 

3 minutes ago, TheHorror said:

Wow  nameshaming bots is not allowed :))  rly ?  Now although I don't mind bots  in general,  because of this  lvl  to 45  challange   made me realise that  this game  has a bigger problem  with bots  than   it had when we started  this game  in  january, way worse.

Also  they are now offering to be your frind or  give you a girlfriend 

Screenshot_160320_013.jpg

Now  they are party leaders  in cross-servers   and you   get  in their party  even  if you leave 5 times   you still get in the bots party unless you  block them ( but how many  can you block before  the list is full, because reporting them is not blocking them ) 

So you want  some Essence no problem Bots to the rescue :)) 

Screenshot_160320_000.jpg

Have tons of pics  from this lvl up challange ( why NCsoft  why  make this challange to show me  why I hate this game ?  rly ?  ) where  bots seem  to be everywhere,  while I don't mind it because this game economy  is  like  Greece economy (nonexistent),  players want 400AP+, 420+, 440+ pt,   dungeon have  DPS  check ( those timers)  so  yeah  you need AP ,   and the costs for upgrades are crazy  expensive, so  many  players  buy from goldseller, the only reason  why  bots exists  is because they make money, and they make money  because  players  buy  from them, and players  buy from them because  this game demands  more GOLD than  it offers 

Only lazy crickets buy gold from gold sellers -.- weapon upgrading is one of the best here,  and not that expensive!  Russian BnS was wayyyyy more harder then here,  and other games weapon upgrade is way harder,  atleast u don't lose weapon on fail,  u don't get fails at all,  bots made weapon upgrade materials prices go down,  so enjoy!  Stop complaing and farm,  find best strategies to enjoy gaming 

16 minutes ago, Xeleon said:

Only lazy crickets buy gold from gold sellers -.- weapon upgrading is one of the best here,  and not that expensive!  Russian BnS was wayyyyy more harder then here,  and other games weapon upgrade is way harder,  atleast u don't lose weapon on fail,  u don't get fails at all,  bots made weapon upgrade materials prices go down,  so enjoy!  Stop complaing and farm,  find best strategies to enjoy gaming 

You don't  really know  how  to read do you ?   or didn't even bother to read...  I say   I don't mind  them, they are just annoying, and the only  existence for them  is because the RNG and insane costs for upgrades  (  you go from a  50 SILVER to  upgrade a ring to 50 GOLD for the next upgrade  on the same ring... now imagine  if you could fail considering the RNG we have here ) 

Also  you say it's not expensive  to upgrade weapon  lol, you gold buyer you :))   or  kid still in school  buying your premium  on  your parents money,     just to upgrade from  aw siren to true siren  it costs 95 Gold,  not everybody has time to spend 2-3 hours in arena everyday,  you need  to be still in school  and ignoring  your life to be able to play  for more than 1-2 hours a day... but some of you  have no kind of social  obligations  so  I understand...  

2 hours ago, TheHorror said:

Also  you say it's not expensive  to upgrade weapon  lol, you gold buyer you :))   or  kid still in school  buying your premium  on  your parents money,     just to upgrade from  aw siren to true siren  it costs 95 Gold,  not everybody has time to spend 2-3 hours in arena everyday,  you need  to be still in school  and ignoring  your life to be able to play  for more than 1-2 hours a day... but some of you  have no kind of social  obligations  so  I understand...  

2 hours a day is enough for 10 gold and roughly 20 soulstones, casually.

Mushin 1-6 > Misty dailies (Ignore "kill 5 players" and blackwyrm quest) > E fleet > NSH

Could go for 3 hours if you have a 3rd daily dash spin or desire Mushin 7 and 8.

Gold itself isn't hard to earn, people just want everything instantly.

Gotta be patient with the upgrade system.

On 3/16/2016 at 9:25 AM, marcnaw said:

You see problem with GMs is that NCSOFT does not have enough of them, and they do not plan to have. Hiring competent GMS costs real $$$, and that is what ncsoft is not giving out willingly.

This is case of that petty saving i see now and then, they save on 20-30 ppl salaries, so about 100k $ per month, but potentially they will lose whole game, that is probably in are of 100-200 millions of lost income. Their choice.

My choice is instead not giving them a penny until they fix biggest problems with this game. Also Black Desert Online is cool while leveling and exploring, so will get my attention for few months. I know that it is very possible that BDO will also have broken endgame, or no endgame at all. But i already learned to not get sucked into artificial treadmills that suck out my cash.

It is possible to recruit players to be GMs and manage this affair, but yeah then NCSOFt would need to have someone on payroll to manage the affair of the affair.  The problem is that the human labor to detect/observe bots then to disable the accounts to only see fresh bots already in play becomes an endless game of 'catch & mouse'.  The issue is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_%28logic%29

So I had a topic regarding bots locked on the forums here. I find it amusing that they can hire someone to sit here at 3AM to manage the forums, but they can't hire someone to get rid of the BOTS. At least in arena.

10 minutes ago, Soher said:

It is possible to recruit players to be GMs and manage this affair, but yeah then NCSOFt would need to have someone on payroll to manage the affair of the affair.  The problem is that the human labor to detect/observe bots then to disable the accounts to only see fresh bots already in play becomes an endless game of 'catch & mouse'.  The issue is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_%28logic%29

They could at least ban the arena bots. The bots would need to be at least level 15 or whatever to enter the arena and they won't be able to do nearly as much damage if they could catch them before they reach 45. FFS most of these bots are level 45.

18 minutes ago, DosonTheGreat said:

So I had a topic regarding bots locked on the forums here. I find it amusing that they can hire someone to sit here at 3AM to manage the forums, but they can't hire someone to get rid of the BOTS. At least in arena.

They could at least ban the arena bots. The bots would need to be at least level 15 or whatever to enter the arena and they won't be able to do nearly as much damage if they could catch them before they reach 45. FFS most of these bots are level 45.

Yeah, and it takes about ~16hours for an ordinary player following strict guidelines to level to 45.  Now imagine all on that on a macro sequence?  Yes though, setting a min level requirement for arena is helpful.  I suppose some bots are leveling in the arena.  Yeah, this could be a starting point, how are the bots leveling?

This is just plain madness! 8 Tag matches in row was with bots/afks in my team and I'm not counting matches with bots on other teams ! Game Guard blocks me from using Discords overlay in game but somehow game still is full of bots. Perhaps it's not that easy to prevent all those lvl 15 spam bots from being used but not do anything about lvl 45 bots who are ruining arena ?! Where are all moderators?! I hear people getting banned for skipping doors in Hall of Ogong (which is glitch and as far as I know still not fixed) but NCsoft can't ban arena or dungeon bots ?!

NCsoft, do you even care?!

37 minutes ago, Soher said:

Yeah, and it takes about ~16hours for an ordinary player following strict guidelines to level to 45.  Now imagine all on that on a macro sequence?  Yes though, setting a min level requirement for arena is helpful.  I suppose some bots are leveling in the arena.  Yeah, this could be a starting point, how are the bots leveling?

I just imagine this: If I spam the forums with spam, spam, lots of spam, how long until it gets deleted? If they can control spam on the forums then they can control bots in arena. I would argue the latter is more important but hey, what do i know? They're the experts, clearly.

23 minutes ago, Grompok said:

This is just plain madness! 8 Tag matches in row was with bots/afks in my team and I'm not counting matches with bots on other teams ! Game Guard blocks me from using Discords overlay in game but somehow game still is full of bots. Perhaps it's not that easy to prevent all those lvl 15 spam bots from being used but not do anything about lvl 45 bots who are ruining arena ?! Where are all moderators?! I hear people getting banned for skipping doors in Hall of Ogong (which is glitch and as far as I know still not fixed) but NCsoft can't ban arena or dungeon bots ?!

NCsoft, do you even care?!

There's a good starting point: get rid of gameguard because it doens nothing but interfere with legit players using legitimate programs.

Archived