Forums

Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching a bot practice a 'chat speech' in the dungeon finder. He was shouting on the channel things like "Hello, do you have the time?" or "Can I meet you at the party tonight?" ...literally line after line of sample chat speech to get around the apparent check for chat as a bot identifier.

I've also seen them in region chat doing the "111" or "1", each bot checking in by chatting things like that. It's bad.

This whole bot situation needs to be cleaned up. It's disgraceful and embarrassing. 

I said it in a post way back that i have never played a game with so many bots to roam free in a MMO. 

I have played most mmo based games and this is embarrassing.

Arena bots for example i do not even pvp anymore only to do dailies for my zen beans then leave because tag you always end up with bots in your'e team and afk.

Now there poping up in pve everywhere.

You really need to focus on fixing this NCSOFT instead of focusing on pushing out content patches.

This game is starting to not get fun anymore.

I have reported these same spammers, many times in game, oh but wait , i can't because "Subject not found". I can put them in my blocklist, but what's the point? they can still spam me with requests, They have been there for weeks, not just days, without being taken care of. I ended up sending a ticket with the names and i only got the generic response, but i log in today to find they are still there and now i have 8 of them spaming me for friend requests.  Please ban them already! 

3mwhMgq.jpg

C4kjYCX.jpg

8h9Jb5i.jpg

Well was fun whilst it lasted. Yesterday's ban wave hit and end game queue was relatively bot free. Now that's what BnS was supposed to be like. Log in today however, and it seems the roaches have multiplied again. 

So question, is there any possible way to incorporate some sort of human/bot differentiating program, to at least combat the bot problem specifically in cross server queues? For example, such as CAPTCHA? Yes it would be mildly inconvenient for us actual humans however it's a small price to pay for bot free grouping.

Especially in end game instances, and even in arena.

4 minutes ago, reilo5 said:

Does this happen at low level maps? I've never had a friend req from them and crossing my fingers I never have to deal with this.

Sorry about it, it's kinda sad

I guess you could say it's at low level maps, since i don't have a single chatacter at level cap, and i'm just leveling different characters.

2 minutes ago, reilo5 said:

I just dont get why they have to be ultra aggressive about their advertisement. like this is just vile and offensive. Eff all bots for going too crazy

Exactly, i get they want to advertise but i don't get why it's so invasive to the point some people feel like it's game breaking

They must really hate gamers...Like don't they have some humanity left in them? Arent the bot farmers also gamers?  They should not get this crazy it's obnoxious and violating. I don't blame NCsoft because how do you combat this plague? 

I also noticed that if these farmers try to friend you once and you hit endgame 45, they still harass you because somehow your name is in their database.

1 minute ago, reilo5 said:

They must really hate gamers...Like don't they have some humanity left in them? Arent the bot farmers also gamers?  They should not get this crazy it's obnoxious and violating. I don't blame NCsoft because how do you combat this plague? 

I also noticed that if these farmers try to friend you once and you hit endgame 45, they still harass you because somehow your name is in their database.

What i don't get is how they get the players names in game, specially since i get the feeling they are not on the same server as me, it's the only way the message i get "subject not found" when i try to report them makes sense to me.

Just now, Bahaliel said:

What i don't get is how they get the players names in game, specially since i get the feeling they are not on the same server as me, it's the only way the message i get "subject not found" when i try to report them makes sense to me.

I think their hacks are too stronk, lol.

2 hours ago, reilo5 said:

Does this happen at low level maps? I've never had a friend req from them and crossing my fingers I never have to deal with this.

Sorry about it, it's kinda sad

It doesn't matter where you are, even in arena pvp I still get them every 5 seconds to 30 minutes it's annoying as hell. I get them each and every day. I can't believe I have to deal with this.

2 minutes ago, Bahaliel said:

Probably the Character Search.

The problem is that you can block characters, but not the account. The friend requests are the account names, while the block list is for character names. The "subject not found" appears because there is no character with that name, only the account name, which cannot be blocked. Confused yet?

And the fact that the same accounts are sending repeated friend requests means they're not banned yet.

6 minutes ago, Dad said:

It doesn't matter where you are, even in arena pvp I still get them every 5 seconds to 30 minutes it's annoying as hell. I get them each and every day. I can't believe I have to deal with this.

oh damn i've never gotten one perhaps ebcause i hit 45 3 days after day1 and that my name is not in their database.

Blessed.

Just now, Sanjhiyan said:

Probably the Character Search.

The problem is that you can block characters, but not the account. The friend requests are the account names, while the block list is for character names. The "subject not found" appears because there is no character with that name, only the account name, which cannot be blocked. Confused yet?

And the fact that the same accounts are sending repeated friend requests means they're not banned yet.

Well that's even worst >.>
Thanks for clearing that up tho. The more you know... 

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/710611366608896000/photo/1

@bladeandsoul can't wait to see the bots in these new areas! :D

0 retweets 3 likes

@bladeandsoul can't wait to see the frame drops in these new areas.

0 retweets 1 like

Show more

Archived